GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 381 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,524
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,980
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,098
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Obama on Mount Rushmore #900099
11/30/16 02:22 AM
11/30/16 02:22 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not for or against this. I'm not big on national monuments. They're symbols to me. Nothing more. I'm all about the here and now. But some people do want Obama on Mount Rushmore.

Is there a case?

I'll play devil's advocate and point out a few things.

1) He may have saved the country from going into a second depression. We were in an ugly recession when he took over. Malls were uncharacteristically empty Christmas of '08. The economy started to improve almost immediately after he took office. We were out of the recession later in 2009. The economic numbers are far better today than when he took office.

2) He killed Bin Laden. Bush couldn't even locate him, and with all of Bush's efforts in Iraq, he'd pretty much let Bin Laden run free. Obama kept the hunt on Bin Laden and eventually got him.

3) First black president. That is a huge accomplishment in a nation with such a history of racism. Think of all the black people in America who never thought they'd see a black president. His election was certainly a magical moment in U.S. history based on that alone.

Again, I'm not for or against Obama on Mount Rushmore. I couldn't care less. Just thought it would make an interesting topic.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900100
11/30/16 02:29 AM
11/30/16 02:29 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Ben Bernanke's quantitative easing monetary policies are what put the recession to a halt and put the economy on life support. Not Obama.
The QE will eventually lead to a much worse economic collapse in the future but for now we can enjoy the stagnation till that day comes.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900102
11/30/16 02:33 AM
11/30/16 02:33 AM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Maybe. But the facts stand. The economic numbers are quite better today than they were when Obama took office.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900105
11/30/16 03:05 AM
11/30/16 03:05 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not for or against this. I'm not big on national monuments. They're symbols to me. Nothing more. I'm all about the here and now. But some people do want Obama on Mount Rushmore.

Is there a case?

1) He may have saved the country from going into a second depression. We were in an ugly recession when he took over. Malls were uncharacteristically empty Christmas of '08. The economy started to improve almost immediately after he took office. We were out of the recession later in 2009. The economic numbers are far better today than when he took office.

2) He killed Bin Laden. Bush couldn't even locate him, and with all of Bush's efforts in Iraq, he'd pretty much let Bin Laden run free. Obama kept the hunt on Bin Laden and eventually got him.

3) First black president. That is a huge accomplishment in a nation with such a history of racism. Think of all the black people in America who never thought they'd see a black president. His election was certainly a magical moment in U.S. history based on that alone.

Again, I'm not for or against Obama on Mount Rushmore. I couldn't care less. Just thought it would make an interesting topic.

First black President. Get outta here. His dad abandoned him, moved out of country to avoid child support and his white grandparents raised and took care of him. Technically he is half white and half black. America has not elected a truly Black President. Not yet. I hope soon they do. A black Conservative Republican will be a blessing to America.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900106
11/30/16 04:28 AM
11/30/16 04:28 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss

Is there a case?

1) He may have saved the country from going into a second depression. We were in an ugly recession when he took over. Malls were uncharacteristically empty Christmas of '08. The econo
my started to improve almost immediately after he took office. We were out of the recession later in 2009. The economic numbers are far better today than when he took office.

Obama did not kill Bin Laden if your going to give credit to anyone give it to the CIA he did very little just gave the OK when he got the info they had been looking for him for years it would not have mattered who the president was any presdient who did not give the OK would have been crazy

The whole story about Bin Laden is dodgey anyway I have my doubts about the story I believe the US knew where he was for awhile couldent kill him had to negotiate with Pakasanti government for permission don't believe US just flew in and out undetected

Do agree with your third statement though oak a black man being elected as President of the US is great thing not just for the US but the whole western world

Last edited by gangstereport; 11/30/16 04:32 AM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900111
11/30/16 06:50 AM
11/30/16 06:50 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I would like to see his image on Mount Rushmore as a portapotti so if I want to go I can have a place to take a dump. I already have toilet paper with obama image on that.

He is going to have to give a lot of pardons when he leaves office. No one will know it because the press won't leak it except if the go to Mt. Rushmore.

only the unloved hate
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900114
11/30/16 07:36 AM
11/30/16 07:36 AM
No. Virginia
mustachepete Online content
Special
mustachepete  Online Content
Special
Underboss
No. Virginia
I think about the lowest level of Presidential success required would be that when he was done, he was able to hand the office over within his own party. Obama wasn't able to do thst.

"All of these men were good listeners; patient men."
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: SoCalGangs] #900117
11/30/16 08:55 AM
11/30/16 08:55 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
Ben Bernanke's quantitative easing monetary policies are what put the recession to a halt and put the economy on life support. Not Obama.
The QE will eventually lead to a much worse economic collapse in the future but for now we can enjoy the stagnation till that day comes.

100% correct. Inflation is like a compressed bottle.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900119
11/30/16 08:57 AM
11/30/16 08:57 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
No.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: yatescj7] #900122
11/30/16 09:27 AM
11/30/16 09:27 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: yatescj7

Is there a case?

First black President. Get outta here. His dad abandoned him, moved out of country to avoid child support and his white grandparents raised and took care of him. Technically he is half white and half black. America has not elected a truly Black President. Not yet. I hope soon they do. A black Conservative Republican will be a blessing to America.

wait so obama ain't black but a black republican (uncle tom) is a real black man?

since when are people even considered half black in america?

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900131
11/30/16 12:53 PM
11/30/16 12:53 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ

He basically followed the same "too-big-to-fail" bailout policy as his predecessor. The recession had bottomed out by the time he was inaugurated. Recovery growth rates have been slower than after previous recessions. The middle class has continued to lose ground.

Quote:

The hunt for Bin Laden began immediately after 9/11, under Bush. It culminated under Obama. Of course Obama continued the hunt--was he going to let Bin Laden go scot-free?

Quote:

All it proves is that a black president can be just as incompetent as his white predecessor.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: dixiemafia] #900171
11/30/16 07:00 PM
11/30/16 07:00 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
No.

And HELL NO!!!!

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900224
12/01/16 07:01 AM
12/01/16 07:01 AM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Oaks according to you Hillary won the election, so I vote for Hillary to be on Mount Rushmore. The first woman president non elect.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900240
12/01/16 01:16 PM
12/01/16 01:16 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Agreed with Yates and TB. I still like Obama as a person but his presidency has been a deception. The documentary the 'Obama Deception' that was made just before or after his inauguration was right on after all.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: Sonny_Black] #900245
12/01/16 01:45 PM
12/01/16 01:45 PM
OH, VA, KY
Mignon Offline
Mama Mig
Mignon  Offline
Mama Mig

OH, VA, KY
He already got the Nobel Peace Prize and for what???

Dylan Matthew Moran born 10/30/12

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900250
12/01/16 02:34 PM
12/01/16 02:34 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
There were talks of putting G.W. Bush on Rushmore at the end of his presidency, too. If he's qualified, anyone is. lol.

To add insult to injury, inevitably, people will suggest Trump should be on Rushmore. That would be the biggest insult ever to Rushmore's legacy.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900251
12/01/16 02:38 PM
12/01/16 02:38 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Past caring, then hang a left
=
To add insult to injury, inevitably, people will suggest Trump should be on Rushmore.

It will be suggested by Trump himself wink

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900253
12/01/16 02:44 PM
12/01/16 02:44 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
I think Trump will just go ahead and have it put up there. Then when Hillary wins in 2020, she can hire a special prosecutor to charge him with vandalism.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900274
12/01/16 04:57 PM
12/01/16 04:57 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I think Trump will just go ahead and have it put up there. Then when Hillary wins in 2020, she can hire a special prosecutor to charge him with vandalism.

And he will do it under budget smile

only the unloved hate
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: Mignon] #900275
12/01/16 05:15 PM
12/01/16 05:15 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Mignon

very good question ! Im at a loss to explain to anyone what Obama did to deserve the nobel prize, putting him in the same category as MLK or nelson mandela, or bishop tutu, it baffles me!

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: Mignon] #900276
12/01/16 05:22 PM
12/01/16 05:22 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

It was the first Nobel Peace Prize participation trophy in history.

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

wait so obama ain't black but a black republican (uncle tom) is a real black man?

Why aren't black Democrats Uncle Toms instead of black Republicans?

To your second question, the term used is biracial or mixed. Another word, now obsolete, is mulatto. So half-black half-white or half-anything has been around for hundreds of years.

Last edited by Faithful1; 12/01/16 05:26 PM.
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: Faithful1] #900280
12/01/16 05:31 PM
12/01/16 05:31 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

It was the first Nobel Peace Prize participation trophy in history.

Originally Posted By: cookcounty

Why aren't black Democrats Uncle Toms instead of black Republicans?

To your second question, the term used is biracial or mixed. Another word, now obsolete, is mulatto. So half-black half-white or half-anything has been around for hundreds of years.

faithful, giving the nobel to Obama cheapened the award, it never should been awarded to someone who had no reason to receive it.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900286
12/01/16 06:18 PM
12/01/16 06:18 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
The congressional back caucus refuses to take black congressmen if they are republicans.

That is fucked up by anyone's standards.

only the unloved hate
Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900294
12/01/16 07:32 PM
12/01/16 07:32 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
Yeah, Foots, Trump will have the Carrier workers do it, promise them union scale overtime, then dare them to sue when the checks never show up.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900295
12/01/16 07:35 PM
12/01/16 07:35 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
They gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize to calm the right wingers who were labeling him as a Hitler. They wanted Obama to have the reputation as a pacifist peace maker, for his own safety.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900323
12/01/16 10:56 PM
12/01/16 10:56 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

They gave Obama the Nobel Peace Prize to calm the right wingers who were labeling him as a Hitler. They wanted Obama to have the reputation as a pacifist peace maker, for his own safety.

Where do you get this bullshit.
Obama was nominated for the Nobel award 11 days after he took office in 2009.With only 11 days as president how do they know he was a pacifist and we all know now that isn't true; he engaged war in Syria, Libya,Yemen and Afghanistan. He really messed up the middle east.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900327
12/01/16 11:51 PM
12/01/16 11:51 PM
OakAsFan Offline OP
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline OP
Underboss
11 days? It was a few weeks.

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #900371
12/02/16 12:56 PM
12/02/16 12:56 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

Then they should have given it to W to calm all the left wingers who were calling him Hitler. Why not give every president the reputation of a pacifist peace maker 11 days or 3 weeks after he (or she) gets into office? Maybe they should have given Saddam Hussein one also to give him the reputation of a pacifist peace maker...maybe even Hitler himself...

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #904466
01/13/17 01:26 AM
01/13/17 01:26 AM
Los Angeles
Don Corpuzzi Offline
Underboss
Don Corpuzzi  Offline
Underboss
Los Angeles
I don't think there's any room on Mount Rushmore

Re: Obama on Mount Rushmore [Re: OakAsFan] #904487
01/13/17 08:16 AM
01/13/17 08:16 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
For you guys the only reason we went into Libya was a favor to the U.K. Reason they were about to lose their oil there. We should of kept our nose out of there.

only the unloved hate
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull