GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, 1 invisible), 269 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,564
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,036
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,515
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,363
Posts1,059,364
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The History of the Mafia in Connecticut #899328
11/22/16 03:04 PM
11/22/16 03:04 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
http://www.connecticutmag.com/Connecticu...rticle=3#artanc

The History of the Mafia in Connecticut
BY CHRIS HOFFMAN

Parte 4 of 4

The Wild Guy
With both Annunziato and Tropiano out of circulation, a new force appeared on the scene. William “Billy” Grasso had been Tropiano’s protégé for years. So unpredictable and mean, Grasso was nicknamed “The Wild Guy.” When the pair went to prison for garbage racketeering, Grasso met New England crime boss Raymond L.S. Patriarca.

Patriarca was a legend in organized-crime circles, an especially ruthless and vicious leader. He took Grasso under his wing. When Grasso returned to New Haven, he was ready to make a move.

In 1974, a year after he came back, his biggest rival, Gambino family member John “Slew” Palmieri, was killed by a car bomb in a case that was never solved.

The Mob was about to enter an especially bloody phase.

The Final Act
When Annunziato got out of prison in 1978, he was soon out of control once again. He was indicted for racketeering and arrested for shooting a man on a New Haven street. On June 19, 1979, his old friend Bridgeport mobster Thomas “The Blond” Vastano arrived at Annunziato’s East Haven home to pick him up for a ride.

Annunziato was never seen or heard from again. His son Frank died in 1984 at age 40 from liver failure caused by drug addiction.

Less than a year later, Vastano was dead, shot to death in the driveway of his Stratford home. Neither killing has ever been solved.

Tropiano, meanwhile, had not done well in prison. In 1972, he decided to talk to the FBI, identifying 21 living and dead Mafia members, including the bosses of the Naugatuck Valley and Waterbury factions. He blamed Grasso for his incarceration and expressed disillusionment with the Mob, even while denying membership.

When the FBI tried to talk to him again in later years, he refused.

Finally out of prison in the late 1970s, Tropiano settled on a comeback that brought him into conflict with Grasso. In June 1980, the 68-year-old was walking on a Brooklyn street with a relative when two men got out of a car and shot him dead. The case, like so many Mob-related deaths, remains unsolved.

A year later, Bridgeport saw its most dramatic Mob murder in a generation. Gambino family member Frank Piccolo, a power in the group’s Connecticut wing, was shot to death in a phone booth on a Bridgeport Street.

Another top Fairfield County mobster, Gambino family member Thomas “The Enforcer” DeBrizzi , was found frozen solid and shot to death in the trunk of a car in 1988.
Grasso, meanwhile, kept rising. Raymond Patriarca died in 1984, but left Grasso a power in the family. By the late 1980s, he was underboss, or second in command, of the Patriarca family.

An especially violent, capricious mobster, Grasso was universally hated by his men. “When Billy talked, guys vibrated,” recalled one former FBI agent.

In 1989, the Patriarca family went to war with itself. Sick of Grasso’s greed and ruthlessness, members of his crew lured him into a van, shot him in the back of a head and dumped his body in a Wethersfield meadow.

“It’s over,” said his killer Gaetano Milano of East Longmeadow, Mass. (who remains incarcerated for the murder), to his fellow conspirators. His words proved truer than he realized.

About a year later, federal prosecutors indicted numerous Patriarca members and associates, including Milano. All the exposure and a 1991 trial badly damaged the Mafia in the state, sapping much of its remaining power and influence.

While the Mob’s influence and power are much reduced, it is far from dead in Connecticut. Recent prosecutions show the crime families’ continued involvement in trash racketeering and gambling.

In the biggest Mob-connected case of recent years, Danbury garbage mogul James Galante pleaded guilty in 2008 to multiple racketeering charges in a wide-ranging, price-fixing scheme tied to the Genovese crime family. He was sentenced to 87 months in prison.

Law-enforcement authorities, meanwhile, periodically break up Mob gambling rings. Last summer, for example, a North Haven man pleaded guilty to helping run a Gambino crime family sports-betting and card-game operation that stretched from Stamford to New Haven. He was one of 19 reputed Mob associates indicted in the case.

Almost a century after it took root, the Mob endures largely under radar in the Nutmeg State. The days when a swaggering gangster like Salvatore Annunziato could openly run a union, get let out of prison at night or have a sitting congressman defend him in court are long gone.

JAMES GALANTE
Register Number: 13160-014
Race: White
Sex: Male
Released On: 01/16/2015

There some strong crew in Connecticut ?

I found only this wiseguys names

Patriarcas

Ascenzia-Anthony The Beaver 1960-
D'Aquila-Salvatore Butch 1941-
Grasso-Mariano Mario 1950-
Scivola-Alfred Chippy 1941- Prov.,R.I./ Connect
Simonelli-G ? * Hartford, Connect

Genoveses

Curcio-Augustus Gus 1949-

Gambinos

DiGirolamo-Gus 1937
Melia-Nicola* The Greaseball 1932
Biondo-John

Any other infos ?

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #899337
11/22/16 04:07 PM
11/22/16 04:07 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Furio,

If you're going to post a story with 4 parts, you might as well link to the first 3 parts, too.

Regarding your question about CT, I have no idea about any Patriarcas or anything. The Gambinos have a crew in the Stamford area. Stamford is probably the biggest city in either Westchester or Southern Connecticut and is a good pathway into Fairfield County. There is a lot of money in Fairfield county, a good amount of Italians, and a lot of big sports fans. I'm not an expert but from what I know it is mostly gambling. Tony Megale died last year. I don't know what happened after him. The Genovese are definitely active in this area too. I don't think the other NYC families really are, at this point.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Rooster Onforio who was just arrested... Apparently, he lived in East Haven but was responsible for crews in Little Italy and Springfield... which are pretty far from CT.

Last edited by mightyhealthy; 11/22/16 04:15 PM.
Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #899338
11/22/16 04:13 PM
11/22/16 04:13 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
That article talks about Bridgeport, but most Italians have moved to the suburbs. It is like everywhere else.

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: mightyhealthy] #899352
11/22/16 05:50 PM
11/22/16 05:50 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
Furio,

If you're going to post a story with 4 parts, you might as well link to the first 3 parts, too.

Regarding your question about CT, I have no idea about any Patriarcas or anything. The Gambinos have a crew in the Stamford area. Stamford is probably the biggest city in either Westchester or Southern Connecticut and is a good pathway into Fairfield County. There is a lot of money in Fairfield county, a good amount of Italians, and a lot of big sports fans. I'm not an expert but from what I know it is mostly gambling. Tony Megale died last year. I don't know what happened after him. The Genovese are definitely active in this area too. I don't think the other NYC families really are, at this point.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Rooster Onforio who was just arrested... Apparently, he lived in East Haven but was responsible for crews in Little Italy and Springfield... which are pretty far from CT.

Mightyhealthy, at the end of the article there are the link to the each parts.

BTW this is the link to the first part.

http://www.connecticutmag.com/Connecticu...rticle=0#artanc

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 11/22/16 05:52 PM.
Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #899974
11/28/16 05:42 PM
11/28/16 05:42 PM
Connecticut (CT)
CTamg63 Offline
Button
CTamg63  Offline
Button
Connecticut (CT)
Megale was the top man in Ct. For years before he died shortly after being released from federal prison.Megale was a very serious guy the guy he supposedly groomed and who was running things for him while he was locked up was Dean Depreta of Stamford he took a pinch in a gambling bust before megale got out think he got like 4 years or something like that he reported straight to NY.he wasnt made but was def on track to be id imagime theres a very good chance he gets his button when he gets out hes been close for a long time and kept his mouth shut took his time so well see i have no clue whos in charge of Ct for the gambinos currently the old man Melia is ann associate w supposed ties to the Calabrians in Canada another made guy for them was Victor Richitelli from Bridgeport who died not to long after his last indictment few years back im sure there are quite a few made guys for gambinos living in Ct doesnt always mean they operate there like the capo that was living in trumbull and operating in manhattan in that gambling bust that involved Depreta i remember it saying something about both the gambinos and the westside having card games in Hamden which is located right next to new haven supposedly there was some sort of beef i know it was discussed in another thread for sure but i dont know how to post the link

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #899976
11/28/16 05:55 PM
11/28/16 05:55 PM
Connecticut (CT)
CTamg63 Offline
Button
CTamg63  Offline
Button
Connecticut (CT)
As far as the Genovese only guys i know are the Curcios my mother and incles went to school with Gus and Franny they did the hit on frank coppola in the phonebooth in Bridgeport back in 81 i think they beat it at trial and believe both are made there father Gus Sr.i believe had his button i dont know much about what fat franny is up to but Gus runs shit in the Bridgeport area from restaurants to strip clubs both the legit and everything included ones lo l hes got his hands in the garbage and recycling business bail bonds you name it if theres big money in that area hes usually involved all this info is on the internet for the most part my older cousins best friend dated Gus's daughter for a little bit years back shes smokin.I dont know much about the patriarca family in my area except for what i read My boys pops got indicted in the Depreta indictment Dominick Manchisi ive knownem my whole life hes just a gambino associate as are a few others around my way but if its not public knowledge im not gonna put these guys business out there

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #899977
11/28/16 05:56 PM
11/28/16 05:56 PM
Connecticut (CT)
CTamg63 Offline
Button
CTamg63  Offline
Button
Connecticut (CT)
As far as the Genovese only guys i know are the Curcios my mother and incles went to school with Gus and Franny they did the hit on frank coppola in the phonebooth in Bridgeport back in 81 i think they beat it at trial and believe both are made there father Gus Sr.i believe had his button i dont know much about what fat franny is up to but Gus runs shit in the Bridgeport area from restaurants to strip clubs both the legit and everything included ones lo l hes got his hands in the garbage and recycling business bail bonds you name it if theres big money in that area hes usually involved all this info is on the internet for the most part my older cousins best friend dated Gus's daughter for a little bit years back shes smokin.I dont know much about the patriarca family in my area except for what i read My boys pops got indicted in the Depreta indictment Dominick Manchisi ive knownem my whole life hes just a gambino associate as are a few others around my way but if its not public knowledge im not gonna put these guys business out there

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #899978
11/28/16 06:05 PM
11/28/16 06:05 PM
Connecticut (CT)
CTamg63 Offline
Button
CTamg63  Offline
Button
Connecticut (CT)
Furio i believe the digirolamo guy you listed above with the gambinos is dead he was definetely a made guy i could be wrong about his death but im almost positive my uncle is close with bothof his sons dont think there made but definetely involved his sons Dino and Mark both got hit in a raid few years back and did a little time Dinos out and is involved in a restaurant around my way called Molte Bene good food i think hes partial owner i know he was the Chef for awhile while on parole hes a decent guy my uncle still close with him not sure exactly what hes been up to other than the restaurant its usually same shit different day with alot of these guys

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #900019
11/29/16 12:31 PM
11/29/16 12:31 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
I read an article about Gus not too long ago re: strip club (I think this is it... http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Curcio-loses-zoning-appeal-9516896.php)

Also, I think CTamg63 mean Frank Piccolo and not Coppola (the phonebooth execution)...

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #900022
11/29/16 02:22 PM
11/29/16 02:22 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Just thinm with nyc property out of control there probaly alot more made guys in soutwest ct its a 30min ride to nyc. Mario grasso is interesting cause ive seen him listed as a patriarca soldier his father made at lot of ct guys when he became ray jrs underboss in 84till he was whacked in a genovese sneak hit in 89. Dont think for a second chin would habe a springfield made guy with a patriarca guy gino milano who shot grasso in the van on a trip to worcester ma to see another genovese guy carlo m. That has chins sneaky shit all over it. To kill the underboss in another family but use one of there soldiers to do the shooting to justify it. Wonder if after his fathers murder maybe ray jr released the son mario to another family in nyv. He lives in new haven was picked up in a major book operation but not charged around 2002 maybe he died since but stayed out of trouble ever since his father was whacmed

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #900023
11/29/16 02:26 PM
11/29/16 02:26 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

The guy gino is free today probaly back in springfield i assume. He was inducted by grasso as a powerplay to put a patriarca guy in springfield which was the genovese forever he even pushed them out of hartford which probaly started his demise. Read on that guys site he was made with ray jr in boston with like 8others buy jerry a. In 1977. Think the guy petrillo in hartford is dead to he was a grasso guy.

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #900024
11/29/16 02:28 PM
11/29/16 02:28 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Mystic pizza were the goodfellas hang. Cool little town good movie noobs.

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #900031
11/29/16 02:51 PM
11/29/16 02:51 PM
Connecticut (CT)
CTamg63 Offline
Button
CTamg63  Offline
Button
Connecticut (CT)
Your right Jimmy its picollo dont know what made me say coppola

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #900049
11/29/16 05:19 PM
11/29/16 05:19 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Pmac, Southwestern CT is:

- Expensive on its own.
- Not really 30 minutes from NYC. Maybe at 3am, if you started in Greenwich.

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #900065
11/29/16 09:42 PM
11/29/16 09:42 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Yaeh mighty i looked at a map your rite most of them small citys are like 1hour drive from the bx. Still there extensions or surburbs of nyc. Basically everything south of hartford is ny. The gold coast. That guy frank piccolo was hated by ray p and his soldiers and the genovese. Guess that was a big screw up on pauls letting a nother family kill kne of there capos. He became the capo in the later 60tys. He had never met gambino according to ray sr wire tap but when the ct capo died he was just in the right place or someshit. Paul let the genovese kill him as a favor cause the guy was always beefing about gambling and money in general. Thats a fucked up reason to whack the guy.

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #900067
11/29/16 09:54 PM
11/29/16 09:54 PM
Connecticut (CT)
CTamg63 Offline
Button
CTamg63  Offline
Button
Connecticut (CT)
Yea jimmy i saw that article too like i said earlier gus owns so much shit its rediculous if its not in his name its in his girls she own millionair ent llc or spmething like that i know for a fact he is set to open a huge upscale strip club in bridgeport area very soon he owns Keepers in milford which is legit he owns bishops corner and i believe pleasant moments in bridgeport which anything and everything goes shit is wild he owned teddies which was the same before it got closed permanently aftet a few prostitution busts over the years the guy is paid in full not sure what his brother is up to never hear his name anymore and gus has been flying under the radar with the law it seems ...def got alot of legit stuff going on who knows what else tho half the time you hear nothing and then all the sudden theres an indictment hes definetely made tho how active he is or who he kicks up to who knows i woulda thought hed be a capo or something but who knows hes def low key good for him

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: furio_from_naples] #900126
11/30/16 12:24 PM
11/30/16 12:24 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Very true CTamg63... I always wondered why Gus was never bumped to Capo after the Piccolo hit. I mean, at one point I believe Piccolo was regarded the big CT mob guy (although that is largely to the Bridgeport Post), and if another family clipped him, I would have assumed that could have meant promotion material. Did Gus and Fat Franny just get pieces of Piccolo's operation do you know?

Re: The History of the Mafia in Connecticut [Re: pmac] #900127
11/30/16 12:26 PM
11/30/16 12:26 PM
Your Mom's House
Jimmy_Two_Times Offline
Underboss
Jimmy_Two_Times  Offline
Underboss
Your Mom's House
Hey Pmac... do you know why Frank P was hated by so many people? It seems that the Genoveses, and even his own did not like what he was doing, and now the Patriarca family as well. What types of activities was Frank P involved in do you know?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull