GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 158 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,242
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943115
06/11/18 07:20 AM
06/11/18 07:20 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I actually made the suggestion that Buffalo MIGHT be organized like Ontario, maybe even answers to Ontario.
I suggested looking into the Violis, as figuring out their affiliation would shed a lot of light on the current landscape.

I also suggested that Buffalo would be valuable as a transit point for narcotics, and with the Calabrians being dominant in cocaine, it might be an attractive territory for them.

Just had to throw that out there, Rooster didn't come up with that...

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943118
06/11/18 07:23 AM
06/11/18 07:23 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I've posted this at LEAST a half dozen times..... From Mafia Summit....

“ Luciano and his cohorts formalized the hegemony of the modern mob in 1931, the Mafia’s first ruling Commission seated seven bosses. These included representatives from New York and Chicago, which could only be expected, but also the boss of another, smaller city, one which you might not necessarily suspect would warrant the honor. Steven Magaddino of Buffalo.
Magaddino’s name stands out on that debut Mafia Commission among such worthies as Al Capone, Charlie Luciano, Joe Bonanno, and Joe Profaci. What was a humble lakeside cousin doing in this august company? But Magaddino of Buffalo controlled the smuggling routes from Canada, and that lent him enormous weight. Within the organization schema of organized crime, the Queen City, the City of Good Neighbors, the City of Light—all chamber of commerce nicknames for Buffalo—possessed a surprising primacy.
In this sense, strictly in terms of the 1950s mob geography, the choice of Apalachin had a logic all its own. Dope was becoming more and more the new reality of the mob, and Apalachin fell squarely within the territory of Magaddino, one of the country’s leading dope smugglers. Concealed in trucks and cars rattling down from Buffalo, headed to New York City on[…]”

If it worked for heroin, I don't ANY reason whatsoever it couldn't be adapted for coke.......

Excerpt From: Reavill, Gil. “Mafia Summit.” St. Martin’s Press. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/mafia-summit/id550169050?mt=11

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943119
06/11/18 07:35 AM
06/11/18 07:35 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I think the Luppino Ndrine could be very underestimated and misunderstood. He was one of the people who helped set up the Toronto commission, I can't ever remember what it's called, lol.

Those Violi brothers were described as having "international reach" , if that's not narcotics and connections to Calabria, I don't know jack shit about anything.

It's why I said Buffalo COULD be answering to Toronto, specifically the Commiso clan.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943121
06/11/18 07:45 AM
06/11/18 07:45 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
And I've BEEN trying to explain why a clan involved in large scale narcotics doesn't NEED 50-100 made guys.

They sacrifice territorial control, for control of a commodity, control of MARKETS.. Saviano explains better......

“Camorra groups no longer need to maintain widespread military-style control—or at least not always—because their principal business activities now take place outside Naples.
Investigations conducted by the Naples anti-Mafia prosecutor reveal that the Camorra’s flexible, federalist structure has completely transformed the fabric of the families “ instead of diplomatic alliances and stable pacts, clans now operate more like business committees. The Camorra’s flexibility reflects its need to move capital, set up and liquidate companies, circulate money, and invest quickly in real estate without geographical restrictions or heavy dependence on political mediation. The clans no longer need to organize in large bodies”

Now he was talking about Naples clans, but they operate similarly.....

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: CabriniGreen] #943158
06/11/18 12:30 PM
06/11/18 12:30 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by CabriniGreen
I actually made the suggestion that Buffalo MIGHT be organized like Ontario, maybe even answers to Ontario.
I suggested looking into the Violis, as figuring out their affiliation would shed a lot of light on the current landscape.

I also suggested that Buffalo would be valuable as a transit point for narcotics, and with the Calabrians being dominant in cocaine, it might be an attractive territory for them.

Sorry Cabrini should have given you credit for that... I have to admit I think that is one of the best explanations. I’ve often wondered if the power transferred to Canada and Luppino Family via Violi’s. Still believe there are American crews with Americans in those crews that operating in Buffalo area. A friend of mine owns a restaurant in the area and he’s told me stories that he’s heard from fellow restaurant owners. This is definitely hearsay, so take it for what it’s worth. These American crews may be loosely associated, but my guess is they answer-maybe to Canada.

Last edited by NickleCity; 06/11/18 12:33 PM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943159
06/11/18 12:35 PM
06/11/18 12:35 PM
G
Gallinari Offline
BANNED
Gallinari  Offline
BANNED
G
Wiseguy
Long Live The Rooster.

@ SC, disappointed in you that you had to stoop to name calling. But youre the boss. Feel bad for you too now.

@ Loscalzo, your nonsense about Tampa still holds no weight and Ive been vindicated many times over.

All the best to Nickle, Bensonhurst, Cabrini, and Giacomo. Keep up the good posts in my absence

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: CabriniGreen] #943174
06/11/18 12:41 PM
06/11/18 12:41 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
I've posted this at LEAST a half dozen times..... From Mafia Summit....

“ Luciano and his cohorts formalized the hegemony of the modern mob in 1931, the Mafia’s first ruling Commission seated seven bosses. These included representatives from New York and Chicago, which could only be expected, but also the boss of another, smaller city, one which you might not necessarily suspect would warrant the honor. Steven Magaddino of Buffalo.
Magaddino’s name stands out on that debut Mafia Commission among such worthies as Al Capone, Charlie Luciano, Joe Bonanno, and Joe Profaci. What was a humble lakeside cousin doing in this august company? But Magaddino of Buffalo controlled the smuggling routes from Canada, and that lent him enormous weight. Within the organization schema of organized crime, the Queen City, the City of Good Neighbors, the City of Light—all chamber of commerce nicknames for Buffalo—possessed a surprising primacy.
In this sense, strictly in terms of the 1950s mob geography, the choice of Apalachin had a logic all its own. Dope was becoming more and more the new reality of the mob, and Apalachin fell squarely within the territory of Magaddino, one of the country’s leading dope smugglers. Concealed in trucks and cars rattling down from Buffalo, headed to New York City on[…]"

If it worked for heroin, I don't ANY reason whatsoever it couldn't be adapted for coke.......

Excerpt From: Reavill, Gil. “Mafia Summit.” St. Martin’s Press. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/mafia-summit/id550169050?mt=11

Peter Edwards book definitely backs your point. He makes the assertion that Magaddino believed he controlled, not just Toronto, but Montreal as well. Here is the relevant quote:

Magaddino heard that Bill Bonanno told Cotroni at the meeting that Montreal belonged to his father, Joe Bonanno. Vic the Egg’s response? He just sheepishly listened to Bonanno’s arrogance.

It was bad enough that Bonanno would say something so stupid, but for Cotroni to say nothing in Magaddino’s defence was unacceptable. How could Magaddino remain calm when he heard of such a slur? And why hadn’t Cotroni told him beforehand about the meeting? Had Bonanno and the visiting New Yorkers not been arrested shortly afterwards, Magaddino could have started a small war over the slight. In Don Stefano’s eyes, Montreal was his territory and Cotroni commited nothing less than an act of treason by meeting with the Americans there without his permission. How he came to the conclusion that Quebec was his turf was anyone’s guess, but he considered this to be an absolute truth. And in his mind, he must know anything of significance that happened there. As Luppino recalled his words: “I don’t care what others do, all I want to know is what is done in my house.”

If this is true... Magaddino had all of the drug trafficking routes from Canada to the US.

Last edited by NickleCity; 06/11/18 12:44 PM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: CabriniGreen] #943183
06/11/18 12:47 PM
06/11/18 12:47 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
I think the Luppino Ndrine could be very underestimated and misunderstood. He was one of the people who helped set up the Toronto commission, I can't ever remember what it's called, lol.

Those Violi brothers were described as having "international reach" , if that's not narcotics and connections to Calabria, I don't know jack shit about anything.

It's why I said Buffalo COULD be answering to Toronto, specifically the Commiso clan.

The governing body that Luppino started for the Ndrangheta in Toronto is known as the Crimine.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: CabriniGreen] #943207
06/11/18 01:39 PM
06/11/18 01:39 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

Your suggestion is in line with what I also believe Cabrini.
People have to understand that the Ndrangheta also wants a piece of the American market. They are globalists and there is lots of money to be made in the USA. They are not as ouvert or flamboyant as other organized crime figures but they are there. You will hear about them only when they get caught on a drug bust or money laundering scheme.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943216
06/11/18 02:02 PM
06/11/18 02:02 PM
C
Ciment Offline
Ciment  Offline
C

One more thing their organizational structure is based from blood ties and marriages. They are based in GTA Toronto, Ontario but they also have relatives living in the USA. In their minds the border does not exist, the relatives from both countries work as one.They will welcome any LCN willing to work with them. They will engage in partnership rather than use violence but will engage in violence only when they have to.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943221
06/11/18 02:20 PM
06/11/18 02:20 PM
Balkans
Strax Offline
Underboss
Strax  Offline
Underboss
Balkans
The_Rooster is banned ? This has to be the best day of this forum. It took longer than others like him,but finally.

Thanks admins.

"A fish with his mouth closed never get's caught"
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: Gallinari] #943253
06/11/18 03:41 PM
06/11/18 03:41 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by Gallinari
Long Live The Rooster.

@ SC, disappointed in you that you had to stoop to name calling. But youre the boss. Feel bad for you too now.

@ Loscalzo, your nonsense about Tampa still holds no weight and Ive been vindicated many times over.

All the best to Nickle, Bensonhurst, Cabrini, and Giacomo. Keep up the good posts in my absence

Welcome back, Rooster. It's strange that a man with such impressive connections to top-secret Buffalo organized crime investigations and intelligence from both sides of the law has the time and resolve to not only follow an internet poster into every thread he joins (even when they have nothing to do with your areas of interest), but also to duplicate accounts less than 24 hours after he has been banned.

It's also strange that at least three reputable, bigtime Buffalo-based OC journalists have repeatedly said the Buffalo mob is defunct, but as soon as one foreign journalist from Canada makes a vague reference that the family is rebuilding, you completely change your mind on the art of journalism. For 30 pages, the narrative from you was that all these journalists were liars with their own agendas. Now that a FOREIGN journalist hints, in only a couple of sentences out of an entire book, that the Buffalo mob was ATTEMPTING to rebuild as late as 2013, you feel as if you're vindicated?

I just don't see the logic there. Rooster likes to pick and choose which journalist to believe, even when that one foreign journalist goes against the grain of every reputable Buffalo mob journalist. It smacks of desperation. To believe that NickleCity's book quote is accurate, you can't go around preaching that journalists are liars and shills. It's pathetic, and there is no way this conversation will go anywhere.

Other posters obviously can see this too. When I discuss with NickleCity, he listens to my argument, and I listen to his. It's a good back-and-forth discussion. I hear his points. He hears mine.
But when somebody decides to disagree with you, you belittle them, insult them, and refuse to listen to any argument that disagrees with you. When you're pointed out on your bullshit, you simply refuse to acknowledge it, like with the Peter Gotti thread. That's why, in 30 pages of arguing, we got nowhere.
You couldn't provide any legitimate proof that the Buffalo crime family is still alive, and I provided overwhelming evidence from numerous sources. Now that there is one sliver of vague evidence to prove your point, you act as if you're vindicated.

In fact, the idea that one vague quote can have you thinking that you're vindicated just proves how weak your argument is from the beginning. Let's look at the breakdown of who says what about Buffalo:

Who believes the Buffalo crime family is definitively active:
A couple of internet posters.

Who believes the Buffalo crime family is potentially active, or has been potentially active within the decade
Peter Edwards, a Canadian-based crime reporter/

Who believes the Buffalo crime family is dead, extinct, defunct
Buffalo News crime reporter and investigator Dan Herbeck
Buffalo born-and-raised federal prosecutor Lee Coppola, who has been a source of information on the Buffalo mob for decades.
Head of the Buffalo FBI Office, Adam S. Cohen.
Former union executive and Buffalo turncoat Ronald Fino.
The Justice Department
Buffalo OC FBI agent Andrew Goralski
Acclaimed mob historian Scott Deitche, who has written over six books on the Mafia nationwide.

So let's here more about how vindicated you are, huh Rooster?

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943386
06/12/18 10:14 AM
06/12/18 10:14 AM
G
Gopher Offline
BANNED
Gopher  Offline
BANNED
G
Wiseguy
Long Live The Rooster.

Nicky, read the posts and maybe youll gain some insight. But we doubt it .

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943388
06/12/18 10:15 AM
06/12/18 10:15 AM
G
Gopher Offline
BANNED
Gopher  Offline
BANNED
G
Wiseguy
***Loscalzo

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943497
06/13/18 03:45 AM
06/13/18 03:45 AM
WhackWhack Offline
Made Member
WhackWhack  Offline
Made Member
I need information regarding a Buffalo soldier who was a major heroin trafficker with ties to the pizza connection.

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/09/21/nyregion/major-heroin-ring-broken-federal-officials-say.html

This heroin ring was broken up in 1983 and it was the largest heroin seizure on record up to that time. What I want to know is how a mere soldier in a small family such as Buffalo had such a big role in that operation. This was surely done off the record considering the magnitude of $ involved and maybe it could have shed some light on how weak the admin in Buffalo has been since Magadinno died. I mean, if a guy is involved in a heroin ring bringing in millions a month profit and the admin isn't getting proper tribute without repercussion.

And this is from a 1998 Buffalo news article about Andrea Aiello and his ring.

"A Buffalo drug case offers an illustration. In 1983, the FBI raided a ceramic tile store on Delaware Avenue that was a front for high-grade heroin entering the United States inside wooden pallets. The man running the operation, Andrea Aiello, had ties to the Mafia families of New York City and Sicily and chose a lengthy prison sentence over cooperation with the FBI. But what made the case even more interesting was that Aiello was operating without the permission -- without even the knowledge -- of Buffalo's Mafia bosses."

So I need a real deal Buffalo mafia expert to fill me in on Andrea Aiello. He was a mere soldier yet got caught with $60 mil of heroin. Imagine how many successful shipments he received. Even guessing on the low end of one shipment a month...even if he kicked up 5% of that a month he would have been kicking up literally multi millions a year. He probably made more by himself from his heroin ring then the rest of the Buffalo family did make combined. So does anyone have any info on Andrea (Antonio) Aiello? I know he's been deceased for quite some time but his massive heroin ring fascinates me thaf he pulled that off without admin knowing.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: WhackWhack] #943512
06/13/18 09:01 AM
06/13/18 09:01 AM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Originally Posted by WhackWhack
I need information regarding a Buffalo soldier who was a major heroin trafficker with ties to the pizza connection.

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/09/21/nyregion/major-heroin-ring-broken-federal-officials-say.html

This heroin ring was broken up in 1983 and it was the largest heroin seizure on record up to that time. What I want to know is how a mere soldier in a small family such as Buffalo had such a big role in that operation. This was surely done off the record considering the magnitude of $ involved and maybe it could have shed some light on how weak the admin in Buffalo has been since Magadinno died. I mean, if a guy is involved in a heroin ring bringing in millions a month profit and the admin isn't getting proper tribute without repercussion.

And this is from a 1998 Buffalo news article about Andrea Aiello and his ring.

"A Buffalo drug case offers an illustration. In 1983, the FBI raided a ceramic tile store on Delaware Avenue that was a front for high-grade heroin entering the United States inside wooden pallets. The man running the operation, Andrea Aiello, had ties to the Mafia families of New York City and Sicily and chose a lengthy prison sentence over cooperation with the FBI. But what made the case even more interesting was that Aiello was operating without the permission -- without even the knowledge -- of Buffalo's Mafia bosses."

So I need a real deal Buffalo mafia expert to fill me in on Andrea Aiello. He was a mere soldier yet got caught with $60 mil of heroin. Imagine how many successful shipments he received. Even guessing on the low end of one shipment a month...even if he kicked up 5% of that a month he would have been kicking up literally multi millions a year. He probably made more by himself from his heroin ring then the rest of the Buffalo family did make combined. So does anyone have any info on Andrea (Antonio) Aiello? I know he's been deceased for quite some time but his massive heroin ring fascinates me thaf he pulled that off without admin knowing.

I in no way consider myself a Buffalo expert, but this operation was code named BUSICO for Buffalo Sicilian Connection. Here is an AP article on it. BUSICO

Drug trafficking has always been the biggest money maker for Buffalo. Like all the other families the administration although encouraging drug trafficking had a rule that they would never support in any way a defense of someone caught. They shielded themselves from all connection to drugs.

Let me give you and example: Alberto Agueci. He was a Buffalo soldier from Canada that answered to Magaddino captain who headed his own small family in the GTA named Johnny "Pops" Papalia. The old article I will link in a moment, however, calls Papalia an associate of the Bonanno Crime family. However, it has become common knowledge that Johnny Pops, the enforcer, was a captain in Magaddinos ranks. This shows how tied in the Bonanno's and Buffalo were and probably still are in regards to trafficking from Canada. It, also, highlights the tensions as both families have vied for control of all of Canada. I posted an article earlier from Peter Edwards book that quotes Magaddino as stating Montreal was his house, and how upset he was that the Controni's didn't correct Bill Bonanno when he suggested it was controlled by Magaddino's cousin Joe Bonanno. Also, if you will recall Johnny Pops was hit in '97 as the Rizuttos (closely allied with the Bonanno's) where exerting control of drug trafficking in the Toronto area.

Anyway, back to Alberto Agueci who answered to Buffalo Canadian Captian Johnny Pops:

Alberto Agueci specialized in importing heroin from Sicily by hiding 10-20 kilo loads in the false bottoms of trunks and suitcases, while having them brought over by unsuspecting immigrants and vacationers who booked passage of their trip through a travel agency in Sicily, the owner of which was associated with Alberto Agueci.

The article goes to say what happened when he was arrested in the French Connection and it appeared he would give up Magaddino... because he would not support his legal defense so as to stay off the radar about the families involvement with drugs:

Buffalo Mafia Member Alberto Agueci threatened to break the Mafia’s code of silence by informing on his bosses about their involvement in an international heroin smuggling ring.

On Thanksgiving Day November 23, 1961 the body of Buffalo Mafia Member Albert Agueci 39, who was also known as “the Baker” of 21 Armitage Drive in Scarborough, Canada was found in a field near Rochester NY.

Over thirty pounds of flesh cut from his body, his limbs and jaw broken, and his teeth knocked out. A length, of clothesline was knotted around the neck, his hands were bound behind the back with barbed wire, his genitals had been hacked off and stuffed into his mouth. According to the coroner’s report, his fatal torture had been spread over a number of days. The body had been doused with gasoline and set afire. Grass and undergrowth were burned for a radius of 6 to 8 feet around him.

The Buffalo family was still very violent in the late 70's and early '80's. I can't help but wonder if this incident was in the back of Anthony Aiello's head and that is why he didn't talk and give up Johnny Pops and others in leadership in Buffalo. I don't think for a second the administration did not know about the drug trafficking . Buffalo, has always played a major role in this drug trafficking network. In 83, Johnny "Pops" was probably in charge of this operation for Buffalo. Yes, their were were likely 2 faction vying for control of the Buffalo family: Pieri and Todaro... According to the Feds Todaro wasn't in full control and hadn't fully united the family till 84 or 85. So maybe that confusion helped them not get tied to all of this. But they still new what was going on and I am sure Pops was kicking up to the administration--whoever was in control in '83.

In my book, it also goes to show you just how strong and quiet the Canadian factions of the Buffalo family have been and may continue to be.

Here is the article on Agueci from Buffalo Police Then and Now: Agueci Drug Trafficker Tortured

Last edited by NickleCity; 06/13/18 06:00 PM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943529
06/13/18 12:06 PM
06/13/18 12:06 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
Bill Feather had a site where I found more infos on the crime families,he listed here,the buffalo family and this men as Buffalo family's canadian crew,its reliable?

http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.com/search/label/Buffalo?updated-max=2017-11-07T03:51:00-08:00&max-results=20&start=2&by-date=false

Bordonaro-Ignazio Harold 1950 Canada
Caruso-Corrado Cookie Canada
Cipolla-Frank Canada
Cipolla-Paul* Canada
Criminisi-Ralph Canada
DePaolo-Bruno* Bronzie 1967 Canada
DePaolo-Joseph* Joey Dips Canada
DePaolo-Michael* Canada
Italiano-Dominic 1990- Capo Canada
Lombardo-Vincent Canada
Luppino-Anthony* Canada
Luppino-John Canada
Luppino-Natale Canada
Luppino-Rocco Canada
Papalia-Frank 1930 Canada
Papalia-Rocco 1935 Canada
Perri-Frank Canada
Pugliese-Anthony Canada
Pugliese-Joseph 1990- Capo Canada
Pugliese-Pasquale* Canada
Randazzo-Joseph Sol
Volpe-Albert Canada

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943544
06/13/18 02:04 PM
06/13/18 02:04 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Frank Papalia is dead, Albert Volpe is dead, the last brother Gene is only an associate. Joe DePaolo is made, is brothers have not been confirmed. Pasquale Pugliese is not made and retired during the mid 2000's. Rocco Luppino is allegedly made in this decade, John is still an associate. Caruso is dead.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943579
06/13/18 06:07 PM
06/13/18 06:07 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
@Furio, Bill Weathers' site frequently lists associates as soldiers, so you can probably cross out a quarter of that list. If somebody is listed as a soldier, you might want to crosscheck that online but he never makes up names out of his ass.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickyfromTampa] #943595
06/13/18 08:10 PM
06/13/18 08:10 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Nice find Nicky... Todaro Crime syndicate with operations based in Buffalo. Not the mob, but tied into Cosa Nostra and Calabrian mobs... I wonder who how big their syndicate is and how many Italians versus other groups are part of it. Is it the lack of an administration that makes it a syndicate? Or do they just not know who the administration is, so they call it syndicate? Could it be they Here is a picture from the article:

[Linked Image]

The article goes on to say:
The two operations confirmed that the traditional cross-border network of mafia organisations across the Buffalo-Montreal-New York triangle remained intact, despite organisational changes and law enforcement intervention. The FBI noted that the risks posed by LCN, however weakened, were still a focus for law enforcement both in the city and at a federal level.
Mafia groups have a chameleonic ability to adapt. In an age of globalised communications and transport, traditional mafia groups – particularly in a central hub such as New York – can resurface and explore new pathways for expansion into criminal and legal markets, both in the United States and abroad.

Maybe Buffalo has adapted like a chameleon so much they think it is a syndicate, when it is just an adapted version of the Mob.

Again Nicky Great article!

Last edited by NickleCity; 06/13/18 11:37 PM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943617
06/13/18 11:46 PM
06/13/18 11:46 PM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo

And It is odd... The Todaro Syndicate is a crime family ...but it is not LCN anymore.

Could it be the power in Buffalo shifted from US to Canada so the Calibrians specifically the Violi/Luppino faction are running things?

I think what what is happening on the streets is hard for everyone to understand, because everything has been adapted so much... dang chameleons in the mob make things so hard to understand. You’d think it was a secret society or something.

Last edited by NickleCity; 06/14/18 10:18 AM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943620
06/14/18 12:49 AM
06/14/18 12:49 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Funny thing. Nicky stopped posting in this thread, but when Alice in Chains lyrics gets banned, he comes right back in the thread. That info that Tampa speaks of sounds like it would be something JD would say, but JD is no Punk, so I doubt it is him using this handle.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickleCity] #943622
06/14/18 01:33 AM
06/14/18 01:33 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Funny thing. Nicky stopped posting in this thread, but when Alice in Chains lyrics gets banned, he comes right back in the thread. That info that Tampa speaks of sounds like it would be something JD would say, but JD is no Punk, so I doubt it is him using this handle.

Funny how you dodged out of another thread after I called you out lying about the Bonanno family's Bronx crew.
Funny how you got chased out of BH after you admitted to bold-faced lying...

Funny thing, isn't it?

Also... what are you referring to about Tampa?

There are factual errors as the writer is U.K.

You've got a point Nickle.
But whatever the case, the article does not believe the Todaro family is a Mafia entity anymore. That is open to SOME interpretation. It's not definitive proof, but it certainly throws a wrench into the claim that this recent bust "proves" that the Todaro crime family is still active AND that the Violis are Todaro family members.

Because the Violis, by all accounts, are part of the Calabrian OC, and also attended a Bonanno family induction ceremony. There is simply no viable evidence that the Violis are Todaro syndicate members, and it seems more and more evidence is coming out that suggests they are not.

Last edited by NickyfromTampa; 06/15/18 02:43 AM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943625
06/14/18 02:44 AM
06/14/18 02:44 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Always chased is what they say. Tampa is you I was referring to. It is funny, cause as soon as Buffalo comes into the topix more, you signed up over here. Enough about that.

On the Bronx, Haha took over for Amato or Bonventre (too lazy right now to look up the notes) in Brooklyn, but the crew also had soldiers in the Bronx. Both Louie and Robert have some strong connections with the Genovese and Lucchese families. As I stated in another thread, Louie came around the Bonanno family when they were looking for members as many other hang arounds did during that time in the late 60's and 70's. Haha had or has money on the streets of the Bronx.

On the Violi's, remember that Johnny Pops was identified as a Bonanno member, when in fact he was a Buffalo member during the 1960's when the report came out.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #943628
06/14/18 03:12 AM
06/14/18 03:12 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Always chased is what they say. Tampa is you I was referring to. It is funny, cause as soon as Buffalo comes into the topix more, you signed up over here. Enough about that.

On the Bronx, Haha took over for Amato or Bonventre (too lazy right now to look up the notes) in Brooklyn, but the crew also had soldiers in the Bronx. Both Louie and Robert have some strong connections with the Genovese and Lucchese families. As I stated in another thread, Louie came around the Bonanno family when they were looking for members as many other hang arounds did during that time in the late 60's and 70's. Haha had or has money on the streets of the Bronx.

On the Violi's, remember that Johnny Pops was identified as a Bonanno member, when in fact he was a Buffalo member during the 1960's when the report came out.

Responded in the other thread.

Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #943636
06/14/18 07:09 AM
06/14/18 07:09 AM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo

Yes, seen that on numerous occasions. I referenced that fact when I posted the quote from a Buffalo Police Then & Now article on Agueci’s torture and murder.

Last edited by NickleCity; 06/14/18 07:09 AM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickyfromTampa] #943637
06/14/18 07:30 AM
06/14/18 07:30 AM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
You've got a point Nickle.
But whatever the case, the article does not believe the Todaro family is a Mafia entity anymore. That is open to SOME interpretation. It's not definitive proof, but it certainly throws a wrench into the claim that this recent bust "proves" that the Todaro crime family is still active AND that the Violis are Todaro family members.

Because the Violis, by all accounts, are part of the Calabrian OC, and also attended a Bonanno family induction ceremony. There is simply no viable evidence that the Violis are Todaro syndicate members, and it seems more and more evidence is coming out that suggests they are not.

What we know is that the Violi’s are OC probably members if not leading the Luppino Family that had strong ties to and was crew of the Buffalo Crime Family that is still a family but not LCN... And if you look at the base of operation on the map, it is the Buffalo Metropolitan area. I think this lends some credibility to the theory that power in Buffalo shifted to their Canadian faction so much that Buffalo is ran by Calibrians, but since they can’t prove Violi’s (who have international ties to Calabria) were made in either Buffalo or Luppino Family this is a Crime Syndicate. Could be wrong.

Last edited by NickleCity; 06/14/18 07:31 AM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: NickleCity] #943646
06/14/18 08:29 AM
06/14/18 08:29 AM
NickleCity Offline
Capo
NickleCity  Offline
Capo
Here is my take away, the mob in WNY wasn’t all but dead as Dan Herbeck reported in March 2017. It had morphed into a strong maybe powerful Crime Syndicate that has its roots in LCN. We aren’t idiots on the street... we know large amounts of activity was and is taking place. The term Syndicate verifies this. All this means is their structure is different from most LNC families. Who knows maybe the East coast families are morphing into what Buffalo has developed because it has worked so well. The article references the East Coas LCN Enterprise and other nonconventional organization and arrangements that are atypical of LCN in general.

Another way to look at it: If it barks like a dog, hangs out with dogs, and it used to be a dog... maybe it is still is a dog..

Here is the definition I found for a Crime Syndicate:

Noun.
Aloose affiliation of gangsters in charge of organized criminal activities

Synonyms:
family, mob, syndicate

Types:
Cosa Nostra, Maffia, Mafia
a crime syndicate in the United States; organized in families; believed to have important relations to the Sicilian Mafia

Type of:
gangdom, gangland, organized crime
underworld organizations

Are we getting into semantics when we try to say it is not a mafia family? Does anyone have a better definition of Crime Syndicate?

Last edited by NickleCity; 06/14/18 01:46 PM.
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: WhackWhack] #943706
06/14/18 02:44 PM
06/14/18 02:44 PM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted by WhackWhack
So does anyone have any info on Andrea (Antonio) Aiello? I know he's been deceased for quite some time but his massive heroin ring fascinates me thaf he pulled that off without admin knowing.

Not sure, but I think I read a few years ago he was from Bagheria, which was also the birthplace of Capone enemy Joe Aiello.
Joe´s brother Andrea "Andrew" Aiello settled in Utica, N.Y..

Last edited by Hollander; 06/14/18 02:58 PM.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: Buffalo Family in 2016 [Re: furio_from_naples] #943793
06/15/18 11:59 AM
06/15/18 11:59 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline OP
furio_from_naples  Offline OP

naples,italy
Hey what about this chart ?

http://buffalonews.com/1988/11/30/w...-12-from-wny-among-targets-of-u-s-probe/

Buffalo Family

Boss:Joseph "Big Joe" Todaro Jr.
Underboss:???
Consigliere:

Capos

Frank "Butchie Bifocals" BiFulco ???
Dominic Italiano (Hamilton???)
Russel "Russ" Carcone (Utica???)

Made men

Annunzio "Red" Cannizzaro
Ronald "Ron" Cardinale
Joseph "Snakehead" Cardinale
Robert "Bobby" Chimera b.1936
William "Cookie" Gigilia b.1946
Carmen Mambrino b.1969
Robert "Bobby" Panaro Jr.
John A. Pieri
Joseph Rosato
Victor Sansanese b.1945
Louis Tavano b.1941
Joseph Todaro III (grandson of Joseph Sr. and overseer of La Nova Pizza and Wing Inc.)
Anthony W Tavano (???)
Pasquale "Paddy" Brindisi b.1942
Philip "Phil" Corelli b.1963
James "Jimmy" Feliciano b.1963
Frank Ferraro b.1942
Frank Marino b.1940
Ignazio "Harold" Bordonaro
Paul "Paulie" Cipolla
Ralph Criminisi
Bruno "Bronzie" De Paolo b.1967
Joseph "Joey Dips" De Paolo
Michael "Mike" De Paolo
Dominic Italiano
Vincent "Vinnie" Lombardo

Associates

Peter Capitano Jr (union and labor interests)
Samual "Sam" Capitano (union and labor interests, brother of Peter)
Frank Falzone (family lawyer/counselor)
John Frorino (unions)
Frank "Chici Botts" Grisanti caught in drug ring in 1988
Joseph Lombardo caught in a drug ring in 1988
Lawrence Panaro (brother of Bobby Jr.)
Anthony "Tony" Inserra
Frank Minicone
Philip Zammiello
David Pietras
Larry Tantillo
Tony Tadesco
Raphael "Jilly" Scibetta