GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, 2 invisible), 316 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7956
04/30/04 09:46 AM
04/30/04 09:46 AM
Glasgow
Sermanni Offline
Made Member
Sermanni  Offline
Made Member
Glasgow
This just in!!!!

Empire Magazine "Did Fredo know he was going to be killed by Neri?"

Coppola "Yes he did. Myself and Mario (Puzo) clearly conveyed this with the line 'Let's Go Al'. The resignation in his voice says it all."

Empire Magazine " We weren't so sure."

Coppola " You must be stupid then"

grin

Cicci, a porta.

Could you get me off the hook Tom? For old times sake?
Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7957
04/30/04 11:11 AM
04/30/04 11:11 AM
NY
Mickey Offline
Button
Mickey  Offline
Button
NY
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Originally posted by Mickey:
[b] ...Think about it... what has happened EVERY SINGLE TIME that Michael has suddenly changed travel plans at the last minute?? (Tessio, Carlo)... Fredo must have been on to that....
What makes you think Fredo had any knowledge of how the deaths of Tessio & Carlo (or even Moe Green) were arranged?

By this time he had no involvement in any of the family business other than his Vegas duties. Also by this time, he had already taken sides "against the Family" at least once.

That he'd be in on details like last minute changes in travel arrangement is doubtful.

HOWEVER, for simple viewer consideration it IS a very good catch grin !!

Best,
Apple [/b]
What makes me think that Fredo had knowledge of how the deaths of Tessio and Carlo were arranged is the fact that those 2 murders happened BEFORE Fredo ever betrayed the family. He was still part of the family at that point. He knew Michael's style. Just because he was in Vegas doesn't mean he had no idea what was going on in his family, or about Michael's tendency to snuff people by changing plans at the last minute.

Look what happened to Vito when Paulie called in sick, and Fredo had to drive instead. Fredo knew that sudden changes in travel plans were a bad omen.

You straightened my brother out?
Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7958
04/30/04 11:18 AM
04/30/04 11:18 AM
Scotland
HevyDevyGK Offline
Wiseguy
HevyDevyGK  Offline
Wiseguy
Scotland
Has FFC never ever answered all these questions then, ever?

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7959
04/30/04 11:43 AM
04/30/04 11:43 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]What makes me think that Fredo had knowledge of how the deaths of Tessio and Carlo were arranged is the fact that those 2 murders happened BEFORE Fredo ever betrayed the family. He was still part of the family at that point. He knew Michael's style. Just because he was in Vegas doesn't mean he had no idea what was going on in his family, or about Michael's tendency to snuff people by changing plans at the last minute.
Gosh, do you really think it would've been conveyed to him all the way out there in Vegas that ..."Here's how we got Tessio and here's how we got Carlo..."???

Again, somebody giving Fredo credit for far more intelligence than he had.

And...I don't really think he DID know Michael's style. If he did, he may not have truly trusted he was safe with Michael in the first place, even AFTER that embrace at their mother's wake. He might've thought (with time to mull over it of course and not at that very moment... lol ), "Gosh, this was nice to reconcile with my brother...but I know Mikey it's not like him to let me get away with this just to be on the safe side I better make myself scarce."

And by the way...although the BIG betrayal with Hyman Roth was still years away, by taking sides against the family with Moe Green, Fredo had already shown evidence that he was not to be trusted with the more important aspects of the business. And after that, he never was.

[QUOTE]Look what happened to Vito when Paulie called in sick, and Fredo had to drive instead. Fredo knew that sudden changes in travel plans were a bad omen.
Unbelievable...to say this would be similar to saying that everytime somebody in the movie saw an orange orange nearby, they should've realize they were about to be whacked.

What is 'bad omen' to the audience isn't necessarily a bad omen to the characters in the film. rolleyes

Oh, and say...have I mentioned yet that FREDO DIDN'T KNOW ?????

Loving every minute...
AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7960
04/30/04 12:07 PM
04/30/04 12:07 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
****FLASH THIS JUST IN ******

FREDO DID KNOW! FFC says that Fredo did know that he was going to get wacked! The long kicked around thread has finally come to a close.

FFC says that Fredo did know that we was going to be wacked.....

...He looked ahead in the script! lol and cried to FFC that he didn't want to go out that way. "Anyway but that", he was quoted as saying. "How about a gun battle instead or I take a bullet saving Mikeys life to make up for my misdeeds".

Francis just shook his head and said- "NO"

Now you have it my friends. Another riddle solved!

grin wink

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7961
04/30/04 12:13 PM
04/30/04 12:13 PM
NY
Mickey Offline
Button
Mickey  Offline
Button
NY
[b] [QUOTE]What makes me think that Fredo had knowledge of how the deaths of Tessio and Carlo were arranged is the fact that those 2 murders happened BEFORE Fredo ever betrayed the family. He was still part of the family at that point. He knew Michael's style. Just because he was in Vegas doesn't mean he had no idea what was going on in his family, or about Michael's tendency to snuff people by changing plans at the last minute.
Gosh, do you really think it would've been conveyed to him all the way out there in Vegas that ..."Here's how we got Tessio and here's how we got Carlo..."???

Again, somebody giving Fredo credit for far more intelligence than he had.

And...I don't really think he DID know Michael's style. If he did, he may not have truly trusted he was safe with Michael in the first place, even AFTER that embrace at their mother's wake. He might've thought (with time to mull over it of course and not at that very moment... lol ), "Gosh, this was nice to reconcile with my brother...but I know Mikey it's not like him to let me get away with this just to be on the safe side I better make myself scarce."

And by the way...although the BIG betrayal with Hyman Roth was still years away, by taking sides against the family with Moe Green, Fredo had already shown evidence that he was not to be trusted with the more important aspects of the business. And after that, he never was.

[QUOTE]Look what happened to Vito when Paulie called in sick, and Fredo had to drive instead. Fredo knew that sudden changes in travel plans were a bad omen.
Unbelievable...to say this would be similar to saying that everytime somebody in the movie saw an orange orange nearby, they should've realize they were about to be whacked.

What is 'bad omen' to the audience isn't necessarily a bad omen to the characters in the film. rolleyes

Oh, and say...have I mentioned yet that FREDO DIDN'T KNOW ?????

Loving every minute...
AppleOnYa [/b]
Ok... i think it's time for you to relax, take a deep breath, and admit that all of this stuff you're saying is simply your opinion, and your interpretation of the scene. You don't know for sure, and neither do I. Nobody does. Stop taking this argument so personally, and give it a rest with the snide comments. mmmmkay? grin grin

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7962
04/30/04 12:17 PM
04/30/04 12:17 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
OH No...Another set of feathers ruffled! rolleyes

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7963
04/30/04 12:34 PM
04/30/04 12:34 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
And you're loving all of it, aren't you fathersson.. grin ???

Note to Mickey....not sure what makes you think I'm taking the argument 'personally'.

Or even what makes you think it's an 'argument'!
At the very most, I would call it a debate.

What I'm doing is calmly (but with a smidgen of glee) continueing the 'discussion' by countering your points with points of my own...

...which by the way all lead to the conclusion, which is not open to interpretation...that Fredo didn't know... wink

Which, by the way I know for sure.

Now Mickey, I think it's time for YOU to relax & take a deep breath, and unless you can come up with more 'opinions' to contribute with, sit back and wait until 6pm Eastern time at which point I am absent for the next couple of days cool !!

Best,
Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7964
04/30/04 12:43 PM
04/30/04 12:43 PM
NY
Mickey Offline
Button
Mickey  Offline
Button
NY
And you're loving all of it, aren't you fathersson.. grin ???

Note to Mickey....not sure what makes you think I'm taking the argument 'personally'.

Or even what makes you think it's an 'argument'!
At the very most, I would call it a debate.

What I'm doing is calmly (but with a smidgen of glee) continueing the 'discussion' by countering your points with points of my own...

...which by the way all lead to the conclusion, which is not open to interpretation...that Fredo didn't know... wink

Which, by the way I know for sure.

Now Mickey, I think it's time for YOU to relax & take a deep breath, and unless you can come up with more 'opinions' to contribute with, sit back and wait until 6pm Eastern time at which point I am absent for the next couple of days cool !!

Best,
Apple
LoL... thanks. Best laugh I've had all day. I'd point out what's so funny about it, but who has that much time?

I'm right, you're wrong. Fredo knew. End of story. wink wink

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7965
04/30/04 01:18 PM
04/30/04 01:18 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Good thing for you that Apple doesn't have a computer at home, or this would never end.

But children, you know you should all play nice together. Yes, Mrs. Clever! wink

Now if we could only make money off of this somehow. confused

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7966
04/30/04 02:11 PM
04/30/04 02:11 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]...I'm right, you're wrong. Fredo knew. End of story.
Oh, but Mickey...you just admitted in a recent post that you didn't know 'for sure'. So now, it's obvious you're just having a problem accepting the facts. I trust when you've watched the movie a few more times you'll come around and figure it out.

But anyway, fathersson has a point. I'll make a deal with everyone and promise to not rehash this debate once I've returned on Monday, even if it continues over the weekend. I don't need to, since I for one am secure in the knowledge that...

...Fredo didn't know.

Apple
(ps - but I cannot guarantee what will go down b'tween now and 6:00 wink )

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7967
04/30/04 02:21 PM
04/30/04 02:21 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
(holding fingers in ears) and singing....

LA LA LA LA LA I CAN"T HEAR YOU! LA LA LA LA LA LA

lol lol lol

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7968
04/30/04 09:49 PM
04/30/04 09:49 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
Fatherson, I am still trying to figure out your purpose here,are you even contributing? tongue On another side note, Roach028, the starter of this thread has not been back.I think we scarred him away grin

PS - Don Sonny Corleone...your theories are getting so ridiculous that I'm beginning to think you're just pulling my leg to keep responses coming.
Apple, do you mind(when you get back)telling me how my theories are getting rediculuos? The only one I can think of as being rediculous was the one I admitted was rediculous.(like my repeated use of the word rediculous? Sort of like your repeated use of the word Gosh rolleyes wink )By the way, FREDO DID KNOW! He might not have exactally known Mike's style, but he knew the ways of the mafia.I dont care how stupid you are, you're around the mob all your life, youre going to pick up on certian things, like the fact that the mob doesnt EVER forgive family trators.
FREDO DID KNOW!

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7969
04/30/04 10:12 PM
04/30/04 10:12 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Oh My, The thread police have arrived! rolleyes

I know my rights!

You need to offer an attorney if I so desire. grin

Sorry, If you don't understand my posts, but the people who need to do....so wink

Charge me or let me go! lol

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7970
04/30/04 10:22 PM
04/30/04 10:22 PM
Desolation Row
Don Sonny Corleone Offline
Underboss
Don Sonny Corleone  Offline
Underboss
Desolation Row
^^^^^^^^^^^
You see, no relevence to the topic rolleyes At least say FREDO DID KNOW!!!!
You can copy and paste it if you want.
FREDO DID KNOW!

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.
Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7971
04/30/04 10:51 PM
04/30/04 10:51 PM
NY
Mickey Offline
Button
Mickey  Offline
Button
NY
[b] [QUOTE]...I'm right, you're wrong. Fredo knew. End of story.
Oh, but Mickey...you just admitted in a recent post that you didn't know 'for sure'. So now, it's obvious you're just having a problem accepting the facts. I trust when you've watched the movie a few more times you'll come around and figure it out.

But anyway, fathersson has a point. I'll make a deal with everyone and promise to not rehash this debate once I've returned on Monday, even if it continues over the weekend. I don't need to, since I for one am secure in the knowledge that...

...Fredo didn't know.

Apple
(ps - but I cannot guarantee what will go down b'tween now and 6:00 wink ) [/b]
Ok ok... Come on now... I didn't come here to fight. You have your theories, and I have mine. You'll never convince me that Fredo didn't know, and I'll never convince you that he did. Let's drop it. It's not obvious that I'm having trouble accepting facts... There hasn't been one fact stated in this entire post so far regarding whether or not Fredo knew. Just peoples opinions and interpretations, as I stated earlier. And besides, I was just trying to annoy you. LoL, sorry about that.

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7972
05/01/04 06:00 AM
05/01/04 06:00 AM
Glasgow
Sermanni Offline
Made Member
Sermanni  Offline
Made Member
Glasgow
Fredo knew

Cicci, a porta.

Could you get me off the hook Tom? For old times sake?
Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7973
05/01/04 11:37 AM
05/01/04 11:37 AM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I have a bigger question for all you people who are so sure of their answers.....

What real difference does it make if he knew or not?

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7974
05/04/04 10:32 AM
05/04/04 10:32 AM
London
The Hollywood Finochio Offline
The Don
The Hollywood Finochio  Offline
The Don
Underboss
London
Ive have spent quite a while reading this lengthy and argumentative thread, and being a relatively new member (although i used to post on the old messge board waaaaayyy back in the day)and may be inviting myself a lot of mickey taking but here go's

I, too believe that Fredo had an idea, he was a corleone, not the brightest apple in the tree, but then nor was Sonny for blurting out what he was thinking in pt 1 or Connies plain refusal that Carlo was behind Sonnys killing, at the end of the day Fredo was a human being taken in by a very devious man, and in the end of the film that way he says 'ok al' i just feel that he knew death was coming, one way or another. Just a thought but perhaps Fredo knew that he was going to die and didnt care i.e. he had nothing to live for and wanted to die? just a thought, later on im going to start a thread on my percieved Innocence of Fredo and Pentangeli.

BTW - No amount of ridicule or piss-taking will deflect my views! It all about opinions at the end of the day, nobody knows the true answers

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7975
05/04/04 10:47 AM
05/04/04 10:47 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by The Hollywood Finochio:
... It all about opinions at the end of the day, nobody knows the true answers
Speak for yourself. This particular subject is NOT about opinions and at the end of the day yours truly and a few wise otherse do know the true answer, which is that Fredo didn't know.

But as promised before the weekend, grin I'll now stay out of the thread since there's nothing more to say to those who foolishly continue to dig for evidence to the contrary.

Caio... [Linked Image]

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Did Fredo Know? (GFII Related) #7976
05/04/04 11:38 AM
05/04/04 11:38 AM
London
The Hollywood Finochio Offline
The Don
The Hollywood Finochio  Offline
The Don
Underboss
London
A stubborn soul.

I too know the true answers, i bumped into francis the other day and he told me, so there!

Sonny - Well then, business will have to suffer, all right? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up, just help me win, please
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull