GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Mafia101), 202 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,971
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,352
Posts1,059,072
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Actor Joe Pantoliano has legit close mob ties? #897007
10/25/16 11:07 AM
10/25/16 11:07 AM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline OP
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline OP
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Not sure if this is common knowledge and im just late to the party but listening to him on Gilbert Gottfrieds podcast and he says his father and either grandfather or uncle ( unclear)were directly involved with Organized crime in north jersey? He doesnt go into much detail bc its more about the acting on this show...but claims his father did 15 years in Federal priison? Also says the FBI was bugging his home phone and his mom knew it but tried to fool the feds by whispering haha(Gillbert) loved that shit...also he grew up on same block as Sinatra and they had bad blood between the families over money

So Joey Pants is from Hoboken...but does anyone know who his old man and grandfather were in the mob? What family were they associated with, were they made etc? To me just listening he's not very forthcoming because his family was legit connected, but that may just be my naive interpretation?? Joey Pants is one of my fav character actors and he deserved the emmy for playin Ralph Ciffaretto .. plus he was great in Bad Boys, Midmihht Run, The Fugitive/ US Marshalls...

Any insight on his mob connections? He also intimated that he may have had othernOC family ties and that maybe they helped his early career? Appreciate any insight fellas

Last edited by mikeyballs211; 10/25/16 11:17 AM.

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Actor Joe Pantoliano has legit close mob ties? [Re: mikeyballs211] #897009
10/25/16 11:24 AM
10/25/16 11:24 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Here the answer

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/Pants-On-Fire_6080

The movie of his life, if one ever gets written, would go like this: The film starts in black and white. Pantoliano is the narrator. He is smoking a cigar as he talks, on a terrace overlooking Beverly Hills.

"I love to talk about myself," he says, as the picture dissolves to the streets of Hoboken; the year, 1967. In the opening scene, Dominic "Monk" Pantoliano, Joe's father, leaves the family behind and heads for Florida. Joe is 14.

"My mother [Mary] was an interesting woman," Pantoliano begins the story. "My mom and dad, they were married for 20 years. My stepfather--my mother's third cousin, Florio Isabella--was doing a 15-year stretch in Atlanta Federal Penitentiary for drug trafficking. When he was released from Atlanta, he moved in with us and then my father moved to Florida." Drugs, Pantoliano says, were Florio's "family business," explaining that the man who would become his stepfather began his criminal career delivering heroin in lower Manhattan at the age of 10.

"The next thing I knew, my mom and Florio were lovers. And there were lots of fireworks." Pantoliano is speaking more slowly now, the emotion of the memories sinking in.

"There were fistfights in the streets of Hoboken between my father and my stepfather, and I was in the middle of it," he continues. "It was a mess. Ultimately, everybody made up and my father moved in with a woman in Jersey City. My mom died in 1982. My stepfather died in my father's arms, because they continued to be friends long after my mom was gone, and then my father died three months later, after my stepfather died."

http://hudsonreporter.com/view/full_story/2406656/article-Famous-Hobokenites--Joe-Pantoliano-Scene-stealer--Joey-Pants--made-it-in-Hollywood--but-started-out-in-mile-square-city

Pantoliano had two father figures in his life. There was Pantoliano's father, Dominic "Monk" Pantoliano, a factory worker with a fondness for gambling at the track. According to Pantoliano's autobiography, his father would later become a hearse chauffeur for the local funeral parlor.

Then there was his stepfather, Florio Isabella, a wise guy with connections to the Genovese family. In total, Isabella, who was also Pantoliano's distant cousin, spent 21 years in prison for drug trafficking.

According to Pantoliano, his stepfather began his criminal career delivering heroin in lower Manhattan at the age of 10.

Pantoliano was 14 when Isabella got out of prison, and the teen's mother kicked Monk out of the house.

Pantoliano recalls in great detail the fistfights between his father and stepfather, many of which caught him in the middle. But the relationship between Monk and Isabella was much more complicated than just street fights. While the two battled for the affection of Mary, the pair were also close friends. According to Pantoliano, his stepfather died in his father's arms.

His mom was also a bookie.

Re: Actor Joe Pantoliano has legit close mob ties? [Re: mikeyballs211] #897011
10/25/16 12:23 PM
10/25/16 12:23 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/251/223/296991/

Pantoliano said that Florio Isabella had ties with genoveses but I find he list as lucchese soldier born in 1911 and died in 1988.

Re: Actor Joe Pantoliano has legit close mob ties? [Re: mikeyballs211] #897016
10/25/16 01:51 PM
10/25/16 01:51 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline OP
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline OP
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Appreciate the response Furio.. so was his blood father an associate or just a gambler?

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Actor Joe Pantoliano has legit close mob ties? [Re: mikeyballs211] #897018
10/25/16 02:26 PM
10/25/16 02:26 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
I think only a gambler but can be wrong.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull