GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 267 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,030
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,317
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62187
10/02/03 04:28 PM
10/02/03 04:28 PM
In The Bushes In Your Front Ya...
Uztopoke Offline OP
Underboss
Uztopoke  Offline OP
Underboss
10/2

Saladbar and I agree about one thing: Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I am ruminating about it because:
a) the two of us actually agree
b) there is a distinct possibility that he will be the next governor of California

I just heard a soundbyte on 'The Sean Hannity Show' from him, reacting to allegations that he 'groped' women, as recently as three years ago (dig deeper, boys...probably far more recently than that).

I gotta say...homeboy sure talks like a politician:

Quoted loosely: "When I become governor of California, I will show you that I've changed, and I will be a champion of women, and I hope I get the chance to show I've changed."

Is he CRAZY?

Listen: ALL men want to grope ALL women. ANY woman, ANYTIME. This is a fact. But another fact is that not all men actually do it. VERY few, actually. And HOW do you do it anyway? Just walk up and grab a woman's tits? That's just fuckin crazy, I'm tellin you! Because I'M fuckin crazy, and I'VE never just grabbed some woman's tits. Even madmen have their principles.

Fuck Arnold Schwarzenegger. He's just an asshole.

And with all the money he has, you'd figure he'd get that fucking accent under control. Christ, speech and laguage pathologists can get people who've had massive strokes to talk correctly.

FTW
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62188
10/02/03 05:24 PM
10/02/03 05:24 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Well I'll say one thing about our upcoming election. I still don't know who I will vote for as I don't care for any of them. I have seen the debates and am still not enthused about this election. rolleyes I agree with you tho Poke, I do think Arnold will most likely be our "governator". We'll see!!

I have a couple booklets to read that were mailed to us on all the candidates and proposals. I guess it's study time. ohwell

Some think of this election as somewhat of a joke and to add a touch of humor, this is one my boss just e-mailed me. Enjoy!! wink

http://www.funforwards.com/flash/august03/wannabe_governor.swf

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62189
10/02/03 05:41 PM
10/02/03 05:41 PM
D
Don Giorgio Gambino Offline
Underboss
Don Giorgio Gambino  Offline
D
Underboss
Schwarzenneger wants to dispose of immigrant's rights in Calfornia, forgetting the face that he's an immigrant himself.

I like his movies. But he's a lousy politician.

If I was 18, could vote and lived in California, Cruz Bustamante would be my choice smile

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62190
10/02/03 07:43 PM
10/02/03 07:43 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
Aw, come on, Uzi. Don't bullshit us. You're trying to us that you have never groped somone? Ridiculous! tongue wink

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62191
10/02/03 11:25 PM
10/02/03 11:25 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Originally posted by Uztopoke:
I am ruminating about it because:
a) the two of us actually agree
Gosh. You make it sound like we disagree on everything. We've agreed on something else ...? Maybe not. Turd.

And I can hardly think of anything worse than listening to Schwarzenegger and "Limbaugh's heir apparent" Sean Hannity.

Originally posted by The Italian Stallionette:
I do think Arnold will most likely be our "governator".
No. No. I will not accept this. I'll vote with all my might, do everything within my power to keep him and his bionic cheekboned wife outta here. If not, well, Vancouver or Vermont always looked like a nice place to live.

But more than Swarzie himself, I am thoroughly disappointed in the whole notion of a Recall like this and that my original vote is mute, and that anyone with enough money can manipulate and change the political courses and torch democracy. And CA, with its never-ending fiscal crisis, laying off teachers left and right, cutting school music programs, etc., suddenly has to pay 65 million dollars for this farce.

I leave Louisiana and the bad politics just follows me (JJoe I just HAND you these roasting opps). My dad sent me this with the re as "Homesick?":
[Linked Image]

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62192
10/03/03 08:19 AM
10/03/03 08:19 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
I can see it now. The migration east.... of the "normal" people. Good Luck Californians, at least you have some nice weather and good wine (although I prefer Italian.)

Is it possible that the U.S. is becoming such a mixing pot - as opposed to the old melting pot - that we will find it harder to elect a majority candidate. There are so many special interest groups, but who does Arnold appeal to? Are there that many immigrant, Republican film stars married to Democrat news women? tongue

Speaking of Maria; after John McCain lost one of the primaries, there were dozens of reporter throwing questions at him. Maria asked, "How do you feel?" After a dumbfounded pause, McCain replied, "Just get out of here." I wonder if Arnold says the same thing to her. "Bionic Cheekbones" - good one Salad. Her face does look like it was painted by Picasso.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62193
10/03/03 10:04 AM
10/03/03 10:04 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Don Giorgio Gambino:
Schwarzenneger wants to dispose of immigrant's rights in Calfornia, forgetting the face that he's an immigrant himself...
He's talking about the rights of illegal immigrants, which he's right they should have NONE. That is why they smuggle themselves here in the first place, to suck our system dry by using free services and paying no taxes. Take away their 'right's, maybe they'll stop swarming in.

Arnold is a LEGAL immigrant who became a U.S. citizen in 1983.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62194
10/03/03 10:09 AM
10/03/03 10:09 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by MaryCas:
.."Bionic Cheekbones" - good one Salad. Her face does look like it was painted by Picasso.
Well if you bother to get a good look at the Kennedy women...JFK's sisters I mean...those high cheekbones and bucktoothed mouth (Bobby had those, too)...all are family traits.

Even Caroline tends more to resemble her father's side of the family. Problem with Maria is she's just too damned skinny, making the cheekbones stick out and make her look downright skeletal sometimes!!

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62195
10/03/03 10:16 AM
10/03/03 10:16 AM
California

California
Apple,

That is a big controversy here. You are correct, Arnold his talking "illegal immigrants". When my father was here in August (he came from Sicily as a child, along with his parents), and he heard the controversy he couldn't understand it. After waiting, and going thru the legal process, why should others be able to "cut in line" if you will. ohwell

Another is that our current governor has signed a bill to issue drivers licenses to the illegal immirgrants here, which is upsetting many people. I don't know!! There's gotta be a more streamlined and quicker way for people to go thru the process and come here legally. However, in this day and age, especially, we really do need to be more "aware" of who enters our country, no matter what country they come from. It's unfortunate but true. frown

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62196
10/03/03 10:21 AM
10/03/03 10:21 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Saladbar:
[QUOTE]..I am thoroughly disappointed in the whole notion of a Recall like this and that my original vote is mute, and that anyone with enough money can manipulate and change the political courses and torch democracy...
Saladbar:
Your original vote is 'mute' because a petition was circulated that generated enough signatures to make this recall election happen. This was possible via the Constitution of the State of California. It was tried twice before, during the terms of Reagan and Jerry Brown. If you are really falling for the Gray Skies Davis mantra about torching democracy and changing political courses, then I guess you just haven't been paying attention.

Regardless of the $$$ the guy behind it had, there would be no election next Tuesday if the necessary amount of signatures (from both Republicans and Democrats) were not on that petition.

So if you want to do all you can to keep Arnold out, then on Tuesday just excersize your right and vote against the recall. If California has enough residents who agree with you, then your vote will no longer be as you call it....'mute'.

Best wishes,
AppleOnYa

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62197
10/03/03 10:22 AM
10/03/03 10:22 AM
Uztopoke Offline OP
Underboss
Uztopoke  Offline OP
Underboss
[QUOTE]Gosh. You make it sound like we disagree on everything. We've agreed on something else ...? Maybe not. Turd.

And I can hardly think of anything worse than listening to Schwarzenegger and "Limbaugh's heir apparent" Sean Hannity.
*Thinks* Hmmmmm...I believe we'll have to exit the political realm to find something we agree upon. Whaddya think? 'Jeopardy' or 'Wheel of Fortune' wink

Hannity is starting to grate on my nerves, just as GW is. It's like the more aggravating GW becomes, the more aggravating Hannity becomes.

Which is why I like Bill O'Reilly.

FTW
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62198
10/03/03 10:43 AM
10/03/03 10:43 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by Uztopoke:
[QUOTE]Hannity is starting to grate on my nerves, just as GW is. It's like the more aggravating GW becomes, the more aggravating Hannity becomes...
I have to admit that, though I like Sean he does get 'preachy' at times.

I like Bill O'Reilly but only on television. Somehow his radio voice, minus a face to focus on, is quite irritating and condescending to me.

Anyway...my new hero is Mark Levin. And not just since he got a regular weekday spot her in NY.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62199
10/03/03 02:05 PM
10/03/03 02:05 PM
D
Underboss
D
Underboss
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Originally posted by Don Giorgio Gambino:
[b] Schwarzenneger wants to dispose of immigrant's rights in Calfornia, forgetting the face that he's an immigrant himself...
He's talking about the rights of illegal immigrants, which he's right they should have NONE. That is why they smuggle themselves here in the first place, to suck our system dry by using free services and paying no taxes. Take away their 'right's, maybe they'll stop swarming in.

Apple [/b]
That's one of the most hateful, racist posts I've ever read. Congratulations.

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62200
10/03/03 02:28 PM
10/03/03 02:28 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Regardless of the $$$ the guy behind it had, there would be no election next Tuesday if the necessary amount of signatures (from both Republicans and Democrats) were not on that petition.
Of course I've been listening. Any unfortunate soul who spends 2 minutes with me would call me pathologically obsessed with CA politics. And of course you are right, it's there since 1910 or so and used and the recall is perfectly legal.

I will, however, maintain that Issa's money is the prime factor that tipped the balance & started the fervor for this. I don't think enough signatures could have been gathered without it. BUT, partisan politics aside, even if Bustamante would win over Arnie, I'm more mad AT the recall law and would still be against no matter where the political cards lay. (I stuck with my belief in the Electoral College during the presidential election.) It IS a ridiculous law, and just because it is LEGAL doesn't mean it is LESS STUPID and that any effort to against it stupid. So, no I don't completely blame Issa. I blame the person who crafted the recall amendment and made the bar so low for a recall to happen.

Think about it, the recall became validated by something like 12% of eligible voters. Twelve percent! A candidate simply can win with the largest number of votes is elected governor with no primary, no runoff. And here an incumbent can be replaced by someone with much less electoral support.

So please do not presume I'm a Gray Davis supporter. However, although Gray Davis is certainly no prize, anyone that thinks Davis is solely to blame for the state's long-standing fiscal woes are the ones that haven't been watching carefully. Plenty of blame to go around...but I'll spare everyone for now.

Come to think of it, why would any conservative be FOR Arnie, and in some mixed up way why would a demo be AGAINST Arnie. This mixed up logic is simply because a weak, ineffective Republican governor would likely be bad for the national party. A weak, ineffective, and loathed Democratic governor is great for the national party!

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62201
10/03/03 02:40 PM
10/03/03 02:40 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Ah, but Giorgio Luigi...I never mentioned race, you did. I am talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (not undocumented), who quite frankly do not belong here. That twit Lt. Gov said this is a 'people issue'. Bullshit.

If someone enters this country legally and is willing to go through the proper channels and abide by U.S. laws in order to live and work here (who by the way are ALSO being hurt by the presence of illegals), then I welcome them with open arms - regardless of race, creed or color.

And for the record...I am the adoptive parent of a child of Asian descent. My daughter arrived on a U.S. Visa and became a citizen on February 27th, 2000.

So anybody who has the balls to refer to any of MY posts as racist better think again.

Best wishes,
AppleOnYa

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62202
10/03/03 02:48 PM
10/03/03 02:48 PM
D
Underboss
D
Underboss
Ah, but Giorgio Luigi...I never mentioned race, you did. I am talking about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (not undocumented), who quite frankly do not belong here. That twit Lt. Gov said this is a 'people issue'. Bullshit.

So anybody who has the balls to refer to any of MY posts as racist better think again.

Best wishes,
AppleOnYa
lol

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62203
10/03/03 02:54 PM
10/03/03 02:54 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]...even if Bustamante would win over Arnie, I'm more mad AT the recall law and would still be against no matter where the political cards lay...
Well you can certainly be mad at the law and the guy who put it in place about a hundred years ago but why get mad if somebody try's to implement it?
You can call it ridiculous and stupid, but nevertheless it's there and this recall election is taking place and I certainly hope you vote in it because it's the only way to 'un-mute' yourself. All you have to do is vote against the recall and if you're in the majority things stay exactly as they are. But of course, you already knew that...

In your previous post you said "...anyone with enough money can manipulate and change the political courses and torch democracy." Well, nobody's manipulating anything and nobody's torching democracy; in my opinion, democracy is being utilized and exercized to its fullest degree here. Even if Gray Davis ends up keeping his office.

But I'm in NJ and have no dog in this race...so for me it's just alot of fun to watch. Can't wait to see who's Gov. on October 8th!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62204
10/03/03 04:53 PM
10/03/03 04:53 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Well you can certainly be mad at the law and the guy who put it in place about a hundred years ago but why get mad if somebody try's to implement it?
Why not get mad? How else do changes happen?

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62205
10/03/03 05:11 PM
10/03/03 05:11 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
[QUOTE]...Why not get mad? How else do changes happen?
Point taken grin !!

But it's not gonna change THIS recall, and getting mad on a Gangster BB board certainly won't change anything.

It's fun to vent here but I sure hope you're putting your energy through the proper channels as well...that is IF you really want to change the law!

wink

Best,
Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62206
10/03/03 09:30 PM
10/03/03 09:30 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
DGG - I'm curious as to why you believe illegal immigrants should have any rights in a land where they should not be. The Bill Of Rights contains prerogatives of United States citizens only - why should border-jumpers be treated as Americans?

Please give me your argument as to why you believe illegal aliens should have the same rights as Americans or any rights at all?

I can understand that pressured by social inequalities some might be forced to do what they adjudge or maybe think necessary for their survival, but .. Why should a home-owner smile while a thief plunders away and about his home? He should never! If they want sympathy, they should sympathize.

I hope my simple request will not be answered to with a smiley or a hysterical discourse attempting to draw racism from where none is present( As you managed to do from Apple's innocent post. ).

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62207
10/05/03 03:09 PM
10/05/03 03:09 PM
California

California
First, let me say, this whole "recall" thing for many of us came out of the blue. I don't know of one person either friends or people at work or people in the school district itself nor neighbors, who have ever been asked or polled or signed a petition or a survey or whatever asking if they want Davis recalled.

Working at a school we are updated monthy on any changes in this area, because budget has a big affect on school districts, yet not until recently when this became "news" did we hear. (Btw, our district and I assume all the CA school districts encouraged us to vote against the recall). And although I too am not a big fan of Davis, I have to wonder how "politically" motivated this is. mad Does anyone know who started this whole issue??? I don't. I heard it on the news the same time everyone else did.

I'd like to make a prediction regarding Tuesday's election, not that my prediction is worth anything at all! ohwell But only based on what I know and hear in my area of California.

My predicition is, that this recall may NOT go thru, and if it does, it will be much much closer than people think. My reasons are, that many haven't made up their minds even still and because this is such a "popular" (especially due to the "Arnold" factor), tho truly dull in choices of candidates election,that many will decide at the last minute to not go with the recall. When I left work Friday talking with a few coworkers, ALL of them hadn't made a decision just yet, but all said they were leaning towards voting against the recall.

Like I said, my opinion is worth nothing, but thank goodness I can still voice it. smile

TIS

Ps: Let me add, if it is anywhere near as close as the last Presidential election, can you imagine the "recount" and voting maching issue coming up again. Already there are those saying that California has "old" voting machines. rolleyes

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62208
10/05/03 04:24 PM
10/05/03 04:24 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
TIS, see what happens when you are traveling around the country! grin

By the way I think it is funny to read DGG/ Giorgio Luigi Gambino
statements with his statistic reading "A Mexican in Tucson, AZ"

Now you know what some people think when they see the words- America- Home of the FREE!

Free stuff! Free living! Free Food! Free Money! Free Medical!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62209
10/06/03 03:15 PM
10/06/03 03:15 PM
D
Underboss
D
Underboss
Originally posted by fathersson:
By the way I think it is funny to read DGG/ Giorgio Luigi Gambino
statements with his statistic reading "A Mexican in Tucson, AZ"

Now you know what some people think when they see the words- America- Home of the FREE!

Free stuff! Free living! Free Food! Free Money! Free Medical!
To paraphrase my one-year-old cousin Luisa: UH???

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 10/2 "Arnold" #62210
10/06/03 03:19 PM
10/06/03 03:19 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
By the way...here's an article I came across today, which actually REMINDED me of this thread (in particular DGG's reaction to one of my posts)!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opinions/story/123912p-111252c.html

Cheers,
AppleOnYa

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull