GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Millspgh, 2 invisible), 173 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,829
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,231
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897636
11/04/16 01:10 PM
11/04/16 01:10 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Crash your views on old mafia neighborhoods comes from movies. You don't know anything about them. Neither does the person who said Pittsburgh was nice until blacks came there. Pittsburgh was never nice. lol. White people are just in denial of their own trash. It's like how you can't smell yourself, you know?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: OakAsFan] #897641
11/04/16 01:20 PM
11/04/16 01:20 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
I grew up in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn, NY. It was a slum when I lived there, a slum before I lived there, and is a slum now.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897683
11/04/16 07:25 PM
11/04/16 07:25 PM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
What a bunch of nonsense Turnbull. Brownsville may have been dirt poor but it certainly was'nt violent and dangerous like it is today, you are spinning the truth. I know, my old landlords was from there.
In fact you just added credence to my assertion that poverty in and of itself doesnt cause violence. You just gave a great example of that when you reference
Brownsville Brookly in the 1950's.
So what the hell causes blacks to be so friggin violent and irresposnsible ???
Im also quite sure the reference to Pittsburg is flawed. He clearly states it was a great place to live. So what if it was poor or working class, it was a great place to live. Of course blacks moved in and what a shock, violence is rampant.
I feel bad for our friend from Pittsburg. Its an all too common story.

Last edited by Crash; 11/04/16 07:25 PM.
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897686
11/04/16 07:53 PM
11/04/16 07:53 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Let's be clear: I commented about a very specific part of Pittsburgh - Larimer Ave, the Little Italy of Pittsburgh with Labriola's and Pompa's grocery stores, and Stagno's Bakery, St Peter's and Paul's Church and school and Help of Christians church.

As I posted above, there are any number of pictures on the web of Larimer Ave in the 60s when it was still a largely Italian avenue and was a great and vibrant place to live. Look at it now; use Google Earth to cruise up and down that Avenue. If you do, you'll see that it is full of empty lots and dilapidated housing and businesses, and crumbling streets and sidewalks. Why? Was it the weather or earthquakes? The Italians left, the Irish left, the Germans left, the Slovaks left. Figure out who moved in.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897689
11/04/16 08:19 PM
11/04/16 08:19 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Wow. The Italians and Irish on Larimer ave. even repaved their own crumbling streets and sidewalks. They didn't wait for government to do it, like the *current* residents...

Who knew?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Turnbull] #897709
11/05/16 06:18 AM
11/05/16 06:18 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Turnbull

Thanks for the input. Did the city government ever implement any type of programs or investments during your time in Brownsville?

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897714
11/05/16 08:48 AM
11/05/16 08:48 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Crash
What a bunch of nonsense Turnbull. Brownsville may have been dirt poor but it certainly was'nt violent and dangerous like it is today, you are spinning the truth. I know, my old landlords was from there.

You don't know amd don't base your opinion on what your landlord thinks. My dad grew up in Brownsville and he'd tell me of the horrors of the neighborhood. That was in the 1930s. It got even worse after that but it's a lot better now than it was then.

Your racist rants are really wearing thin, as is your welcome to post here. Just stop this nonsense already!

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: SC] #897718
11/05/16 09:34 AM
11/05/16 09:34 AM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Crash is a fucking weirdo. He had a post a week or two back about how he likes to groom young black kids listening to boston.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897731
11/05/16 02:03 PM
11/05/16 02:03 PM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
First off, no one in the world cares about blacks more than i do. Im the only one on the front lines who is bringing the truth to the surface : degradation of the tradition black family, out of wedlock births, and irresponsible lifestyles,
Im at the forefront here and refuse to spin the truth to fit the narrative of liberal liars and excuse makers. Not me, i wont bend.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: blueracing347] #897733
11/05/16 02:16 PM
11/05/16 02:16 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: blueracing347
Its not just the blacks, it's all races. Its the class of people. It seems to be more prevalent with the blacks from my journies in life. Got a van full of carpet and some homeboy comes out to tell me im in the wrong fucking neighborhood. Sorry asshole, your neighbor paid for this carpet to be installed. That's just one occasion. The black ghettos are the nastiest and most primitive. Fucking animals. And if that lifestyle and environment isnt enough to motivate one to achieve as much as possible and rise above. There must be wrong with the thought process. Hispanics dont want to stay in the barrio, so they work hard and get the fuck out. The italians and other Europeans didnt like the ghetto, so they worked hard and got the fuck out. Now you throw in section8, free healthcare, unemployment, obama phones, and free college bc your parent (single mom with numerous baby daddies) gets all the above,and you still cant do something with your life? Wtf? Bend a knee, blame the cops, and preach how society tightened those shackles to allow you to rise. I might not get it, I'm white. Lol
Could not have phrased that anybetter!awesome synopsis.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: getthesenets] #897737
11/05/16 02:32 PM
11/05/16 02:32 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Thanx 4 the feed nets..but i'm a little confused on your very last sentence. Layman's terms please?(if u want,that is).

Sure, Hoodlum.
The former "bad" areas in America are becoming gentrified as people with money are moving from the suburbs back to the cities now.
First thing they do is to force law enforcement/government to do their jobs and enforce the rules on the book about safety.

People in "bad" areas or in good areas that some losers are trying to ruin can do the same thing; monitor the area you live in, call police on the losers, force officials to enforce law and safety codes. Some people sit by idly as the area they live in slowly decays. Me? the First sign of bullsh*t, I'm trying to get you out of the neighborhood. Either conform to the rules of the area, keep paying steep fines from the township, or beat it.
Ahh yes.. that very same thing is happening to certain neighborhoods (fishtown,kensington etc..) here in philly..thanx nets.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: getthesenets] #897739
11/05/16 02:59 PM
11/05/16 02:59 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
People in "bad" areas or in good areas that some losers are trying to ruin can do the same thing; monitor the area you live in, call police on the losers, force officials to enforce law and safety codes. Some people sit by idly as the area they live in slowly decays. Me? the First sign of bullsh*t, I'm trying to get you out of the neighborhood. Either conform to the rules of the area, keep paying steep fines from the township, or beat it.

About 5 years ago I witnessed and video taped an act of vandalism at the apartment complex I was living in. I called the sheriffs. When they arrived, they were apathetic, and seemed more pissed at me for calling them than they were at what took place in the video I showed them. They told me my only options (get it, my options? evidently this wasn't their problem...) were to either complain to the apartment manager, or make a "citizens arrest", where the burden would be on me to produce evidence in court, and I could be sued for wrongful arrest, etc. They were clearly discouraging me from doing anything. So, I ended up just complaining to the apartment manager, these two young women that hang out and eat pizza all day. They may as well have punched themselves in the face.

Maybe I'm being cynical, nets, but I think the police protect the areas where there's lucrative real estate investment, and couldn't care less about other areas. In fact, I believe they discourage people in poor areas from calling them, and would just rather everyone killed each other. Of course they don't say this on tv. They always say they want the poor communities to get involved, but they don't mean it. The police protect the money. That's just my assessment based on my experiences.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897740
11/05/16 04:12 PM
11/05/16 04:12 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Crash
First off, no one in the world cares about blacks more than i do. Im the only one on the front lines who is bringing the truth to the surface : degradation of the tradition black family, out of wedlock births, and irresponsible lifestyles,
Im at the forefront here and refuse to spin the truth to fit the narrative of liberal liars and excuse makers. Not me, i wont bend.

You're full of shit if you believe that. You're also gone from here. Too disruptive.

Crash and burn.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897741
11/05/16 04:13 PM
11/05/16 04:13 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Long time coming clap clap clap

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897769
11/06/16 01:52 AM
11/06/16 01:52 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
You watched and videotaped a crime? Fucking useless waste of life. You could've made a change, but not only did you sit back and do nothing, you videotaped it? You must have not had a father figure in your life. Poor oak, just don't get it.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897770
11/06/16 01:56 AM
11/06/16 01:56 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Yeah, I videotaped it. With a camcorder.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897773
11/06/16 02:34 AM
11/06/16 02:34 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
My point, you videotaped instead of doing something. Like I said previously, useless little creature you are.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897774
11/06/16 02:38 AM
11/06/16 02:38 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Yes, I saw your anonymous internet "ooh, I would have done such and such if I were there" comment. I'm truly impressed.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897777
11/06/16 03:07 AM
11/06/16 03:07 AM
blueracing347 Offline
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline
Underboss
Maybe the cops were hinting at you to go and do something yourself. But people like you,can't help yourself. Sit by and watch.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897778
11/06/16 03:24 AM
11/06/16 03:24 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I think that's what the cops were doing, too, which was the basis of my criticism. They're paid an awful lot to just tell citizens to go out there and police their communities themselves. What exactly is it that police do, then? Thanks for helping me make my point, even if you were attempting another lame burn. wink

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: OakAsFan] #897798
11/06/16 02:07 PM
11/06/16 02:07 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan

About 5 years ago I witnessed and video taped an act of vandalism at the apartment complex I was living in. I called the sheriffs. When they arrived, they were apathetic, and seemed more pissed at me for calling them than they were at what took place in the video I showed them. They told me my only options (get it, my options? evidently this wasn't their problem...) were to either complain to the apartment manager, or make a "citizens arrest", where the burden would be on me to produce evidence in court, and I could be sued for wrongful arrest, etc. They were clearly discouraging me from doing anything. So, I ended up just complaining to the apartment manager, these two young women that hang out and eat pizza all day. They may as well have punched themselves in the face.

Maybe I'm being cynical, nets, but I think the police protect the areas where there's lucrative real estate investment, and couldn't care less about other areas. In fact, I believe they discourage people in poor areas from calling them, and would just rather everyone killed each other. Of course they don't say this on tv. They always say they want the poor communities to get involved, but they don't mean it. The police protect the money. That's just my assessment based on my experiences.

Oak,
Ok..good points. However, as I've said before here....people in authority positions in poorer areas know full well that they aren't held accountable for anything. If you are a police chief, school board president,etc in a poor city...you have built in excuses when your stats look bad AND you generally are in charge of a district where people don't vote or are active in politics.

Pretty cushy stress free high paying job. Crime is up or test scores are down? Hey....it was like that before I got here.
Lot easier than running a safe or high performing area and having to maintain good stats.

In poor areas, issues only get addressed during election years for appearances.

Having said all that, and having grown up in a city where they followed this credo to a T., I expect apathy from city hall but there's more than one way to skin a cat. I made complaints before to my sister's township about some problems. Nothing got done. So, I sent an anonymous letter to the head guys in charge of public safety and health for the STATE....and CC'ed the sit-on-his-ass mayor. I listed the complaints I made to the town and that nothing had been done to address the issue. About a week later , that township sent a notice to residents about their "new initiative" and they addressed the issue right away.

When areas become gentrified, generally you have people who vote and with more formal education moving in. They find ways to force the formerly sitting on ass people in authority to DO their jobs. And it's not just a handful of people battling the apathy, it's the majority of them.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897811
11/06/16 03:55 PM
11/06/16 03:55 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I was actually expecting that response, Nets, and you're absolutely right. It can't be just me. It has to be an organized effort by several people. I was using a rather cynical, anecdotal example I guess to just vent about that incident. lol. It just makes me angry when you see cops on tv saying "people need to get involved", etc, knowing damned well they hate dealing with poor on poor crime, doing the paperwork, etc. Most cops are either in it for the plumb pay and benefits, or their hero mechanism is wired to save the hand that feeds them, the rich, the nice, clean neighborhoods, while all other victims are an annoyance.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: blueracing347] #897828
11/06/16 07:04 PM
11/06/16 07:04 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: blueracing347
You watched and videotaped a crime? Fucking useless waste of life. You could've made a change, but not only did you sit back and do nothing, you videotaped it? You must have not had a father figure in your life. Poor oak, just don't get it.

Seriously? He videotaped an incident and got involved by calling the sheriff. There's been plenty of times that I've disagreed with Oak, but this time he did the right thing. He didn't "sit back and do nothing." Notifying the authorities is not sitting back and doing nothing, so I don't get the criticism. He took a proactive role, which is obviously more than a lot of others do. I'm glad he acted responsibly, and I hope that despite his disappointment with the sheriff's deputies that he would continue to be just as responsible. If that's not clear enough, irregardless of our many disagreements, I commend him for what he did.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897832
11/06/16 07:53 PM
11/06/16 07:53 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Thank you, F-1.

To be honest, I did feel kind of bad that I didn't go out and try some of the judo I learned from a library book in the 5th grade. But, yeah, I think things are going to start getting really ugly if people just start combating property crime by taking matters into their own hands and not calling the police. That whole civilization thing. I happen to believe in it. Even still.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: OakAsFan] #897834
11/06/16 08:17 PM
11/06/16 08:17 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Thank you, F-1.

To be honest, I did feel kind of bad that I didn't go out and try some of the judo I learned from a library book in the 5th grade. But, yeah, I think things are going to start getting really ugly if people just start combating property crime by taking matters into their own hands and not calling the police. That whole civilization thing. I happen to believe in it. Even still.

Gets was right that sometimes you have a light a fire under their collective asses to get them moving. His idea was a good one, but the whole system needs to work together.

There's a point in Broken Windows theory about minor property crime leading to greater ones since lack of enforcement on the small stuff leads to a perception of permission on the part of the violator/perpetrator. We don't have to agree with the entire theory to realize that parts of it make sense, and this is one of them. Putting this together with restorative justice (making the victim whole again) and you'll see some serious improvement.

Usually when someone tags property or steals election signs or vandalizes in some way, the response is there might be an arrest leading to a fine, unless it's severe, which results in jail. Nothing is done to help the victim, so it's a hassle for the victim to get involved if there's no benefit in it for him or her. What should happen instead is that the perp should be at least fined twice the cost of the crime, and that money (plus processing fees to the government entity) needs to repay the victim. If it's tagging, the tagger needs to buy paint and repaint the area he (they're usually males) tagged, then on top of that pay the victim twice the cost of labor and materials (ideally with an apology). That's restorative.

Police officers can be let down by the system too, which is why they don't push people to write complaints. If it's more trouble than it's worth it makes sense they're going to discourage involvement. The system needs to be changed first.

Following up on Gets's idea, you can go to city hall and push for changes in local laws. You can propose better laws. You can start petitions. I think as a liberal you can appreciate a restorative justice model that works to empower victims. Also learn about the local judges and help put in jurists that are fair. Just some ideas in keeping with the idea of civilization.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897835
11/06/16 08:31 PM
11/06/16 08:31 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
concerning citizens getting involed when a crime is committed, movie on Netflix about the 1964 murder of kitty Genovese who was stabbed to death outside her apartment, for years it was thought nobody called police, not true, 3 people called police, the killer stabbed the lady, she lied on the sidewalk, he had left and came back again,and finished her off,she screaming "ive'd been stabbed" over and over, the police arrived, but too late, much too late, so their official story was no one called, or came forward. good doc. made by her brother.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Crash] #897851
11/07/16 02:00 AM
11/07/16 02:00 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I had no idea who Kitty Genovese was until recently. Every now and then I'd search Amazon for books on the Genovese mafia family and books about Kitty Genovese would always show up in the search. Finally I just had to find out who she was and clicked on one of the links. I was floored. What a heart breaking story. I'll look for that documentary.

Re: You guys ever notice this ?? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #898014
11/09/16 01:04 PM
11/09/16 01:04 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
concerning citizens getting involed when a crime is committed, movie on Netflix about the 1964 murder of kitty Genovese who was stabbed to death outside her apartment, for years it was thought nobody called police, not true, 3 people called police, the killer stabbed the lady, she lied on the sidewalk, he had left and came back again,and finished her off,she screaming "ive'd been stabbed" over and over, the police arrived, but too late, much too late, so their official story was no one called, or came forward. good doc. made by her brother.

BC, you're right. Like many high profile news stories, that one has been misrepresented in the popular mind for decades. That's not surprising. There are probably still a whole lot of people who still believe that President Lincoln wrote the Gettysburg Address on the back of an envelope.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull