GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 291 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,590
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,062
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,364
Posts1,059,430
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62041
09/12/03 11:11 PM
09/12/03 11:11 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
“Secrets In The Garden”

Fade Into:

Ext. Street Allies – Night

The camera focuses on two feet that are running down alley to alley and all over the place with music playing. Eventually, he takes a brake and two more feet step into frame.

The man who just stepped into frame pulls out a gun and shoots the man running, six times. He falls to the ground and the other man is only seen through shadow.

Cut To:

Title Cards

“SECRETS IN THE GARDEN”

Fade Into:

Int. Carter’s Office – Day

The camera shows a newspaper headline saying: “Local Millionaire Found Murdered In Streets”. Then, suddenly, two hands are put on the newspaper. The camera zooms back to reveal a woman.

The woman is Ingrid Hoffman. She is in her late twenties and very beautiful. She is at Detective Richard Carter’s Private Investigation Offices. Richard is at his desk, and behind Ingrid is his assistant, Veronica Healy.

VERONICA
Richard, this is Mrs. Hoffman. Her husband was the one murdered last night and is on the front page of all those trashy newspapers you read.

INGRID
I need to know what son-of-a-bitch killed Lamar.

RICHARD
Alright, alright. Sit down…

INGRID
Ingrid. Ingrid Hoffman, but I may have to change that last name because it’s becoming so scandalous.

RICHARD
Okay Ingrid, sit down.

Ingrid sits down.

RICHARD
Thank you, Veronica.

Veronica leaves the room.

RICHARD
I’m sorry about what happened to your husband, Ingrid.

INGRID
Well, I am too.

RICHARD
Were you on good terms with your husband?

INGRID
I fucked him every now and then, if that’s what you mean.

RICHARD
That’s not quite what I mean, Miss. Did your husband slap you around at all, did you fight, did you marry him for money? I think, what I’m trying to say is, did you love him?

INGRID
Well, I guess.

RICHARD
That says a lot about your love life. That’s it? You’ve come to me to solve this murder, and not for a small chunk of cash either, and that’s all you have to say? I’m sorry but this was your husband.

INGRID
You sound just like the cops. I came here so I wouldn’t be interrogated.

RICHARD
I’m just trying to make sure there is no way the police can prove that you did it. I’m trying to get that problem out of the way. Now, if you did, in fact chase down your husband and shoot him in the back six times, that’s alright too. I can cover that up, also.

INGRID
Suppose I did.

RICHARD
Then, I’ll make sure any evidence pointing to you is no longer existent and just as easily point it to somebody else…for a fee.

INGRID
Well, in that case I didn’t. I can’t afford to be spending too much money now.

RICHARD
What do you mean by all that? Tell me; did you kill your husband?

INGRID
You’re the detective I want you to find out.

RICHARD
Okay. Alright. I’ll do that. As for the fees…

INGRID
That’s fine. I’ll pay whatever. Just send me a bill. My address is 465 Hummingbird Drive and my phone number is 410-555-6772. Got that?

RICHARD
I’m afraid not. I’ll need to right that down. Say it slower this time.

Richard gets out a paper and rights down what she tells him.

INGRID
465 Hummingbird Lane. 410-555-6772. Get it this time?

RICHARD
Yes. I’ll be giving you a call soon. But, we got little bit more business to do. You can’t just leave. I mean there are papers and…

INGRID
I don’t have time for that shit. I’m in a major hurry.

RICHARD
Well, you gotta sign the papers first.

INGRID
You know I’ll pay you. I’m sorry but I gotta go. As I said, I’m in a hurry. I got some important shit.

RICHARD
I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. But I cannot go on this case without a signature from you. It’s a legal thing. If I don’t do it I could lose my license. If you will give me five minutes to do this I can give you your papers.

INGRID
I don’t have five minutes. Fuck. I know, if you stop by my house today at around, say five o’clock, I could sign those papers then.

RICHARD
Okay. Can you give me directions to your house?

INGRID
You’re pretty dumb for a detective aren’t you? I wanna know if you can at least figure that out. Remember five o’clock.

RICHARD
Okay.

INGRID
I’m sorry I gotta go, bye.

RICHARD
Goodbye.

Ingrid leaves the room and Richard looks at her strange. Then he gets up and walks to his file cabinet and fills out a paper. Then he gets up and leaves on his way out, he walks by Veronica, so he stops to talk to her.

RICHARD
I gotta go out and find out some things about this case. I’m gonna get some lunch while I’m out. Do you want anything?

VERONICA
Food-wise, no. I’m on a diet. But I’m dying for one of those huge 64 ounce things of soda from seven-eleven. Can you get me one of those with some diet-coke in it?

RICHARD
Sure.

VERONICA
You want some money for it?

RICHARD
No. I can take care of it. I don’t make much money but I make enough for soda at seven-eleven. Even those big ones.

VERONICA
Alright, thanks Richard.

RICHARD
Alright. Now, if Mrs. Hoffman comes back here if want you to call me immediately. Alright?

VERONICA
Alright.

RICHARD
See you later.

VERONICA
Bye.

Richard exits.

Cut To:

Ext. Hall Of Records – Day

Richard exits his car and walks into the Hall of Records.

Int. Hall Of Records – Day

Richard walks up to the front desk. A man named Joe is working everything.

RICHARD
It’s chilly in here, Joe. Turn down the air-conditioner.

JOE
You know, you’re the ninth person who has told me that today.

RICHARD
Aren’t you cold in here?

JOE
I’m used to it, by now. Anyway, what do you need today, Rick?

RICHARD
I need an address and as most possible information about a woman.

JOE
Alright. Can you give me a cigarette? I’m all out.

RICHARD
Sure.

Richard goes into his pocket and takes out a cigarette. He hands it to Joe, who pulls out a match and lights it and then smokes it away.

JOE
Thanks. Who do you need some information on?

RICHARD
A woman. Her name is Ingrid Hoffman. Her husband was murdered and she hired me to solve it for her. I’m lucky, though, cause I gotta big hunch. I’m pretty sure I know who the killer is?

JOE
Her?

RICHARD
Exactly. Can you tell me where 465 Hummingbird Lane is?

JOE
465 Hummingbird Lane?

RICHARD
Yes.

JOE
Hold on, sir.

Joe walks off to go find the information, leaving Richard behind to sit tight. After a little wait, Joe comes back.

JOE
What was that address again?

RICHARD
465 Hummingbird Lane.

JOE
That address doesn’t exist. I looked it up but the computer doesn’t live there. And another thing, you mentioned Ingrid Hoffman?

RICHARD
Yeah.

JOE
The wife of Lamar Hoffman, the guy who got killed last night?

RICHARD
Yes.

JOE
She’s been dead for five years.

Richard is shocked and steps back.

RICHARD
I’m talking about a different Ingrid Hoffman then the one you searched…

JOE
There has only been one recorded Ingrid Hoffman in the entire history of this town.

RICHARD
So…who did I talk to?

JOE
Someone who is trying to set you up into something, I’d guess.

RICHARD
Shit. Well, I gotta go my friend. I’ll probably be back here again sometime soon. Really soon.

JOE
Alright, see you Rick.

RICHARD
Bye, Joe.

Richard leaves the hall of records and walks outside to his car.

Ext. Hall Of Records – Day

As Richard is walking to his car, six gunshots are fired at him and then the assailant leaves. He ducks for cover but then gets up when the gunshots stop. Richard sees a business card where the assailant was standing. He picks it up. It says “Beautiful Gods Special Surgeries”. He puts the card into his pocket, looks around and then gets in his car and drives off.

Cut To:

Richard enters into his offices with food and the big soda for Veronica. He realizes Veronica is, strangely, not at her desk. He walks to his office and opens the door.

Richard is horrified at what he sees: the bodies of Veronica and Ingrid, brutally murdered, on the floor with blood-stained all over the place. He drops the food and the drink, which spills all over the place.

Richard walks to his desk and realizes the paper he filled out for Ingrid is missing and placed there is another “Beautiful Gods Special Surguries” business card.

RICHARD
My papers! Holy shit.

Richard walks around and looks in despair. Then he goes to the phone and calls the police.

Cut To:

Int. Carter’s Office – Later

Dozens of policemen and investigators are in Carter’s office, looking for clues, examining bodies, interrogating witnesses, etc.

A cop named Harvey Jones is talking to Richard about what happened to him. Richard has just finished telling him and Harvey shakes his head then replies.

HARVEY
That’s a little hard to believe, Richard. You had to have done something to make this happen. Have you ever met this Lamar Hoffman or his so-called wife?

RICHARD
No. This woman just came in and told me some bogus story that just seemed strange. At the time when she told me it, I was one hundred percent sure she was the killer, but now…now this twist changes everything.

HARVEY
Believe me, Richard, I know it. I know it. It’s even harder for us, but twists happen to us all the time. In fact, no less than a month ago we had this case…

RICHARD
Listen, I don’t care about that case. I just want to make sure that I don’t get involved in something I shouldn’t be involved in. I have never met this man, and I spoke to some woman calling herself Ingrid and claiming she was his widow. She left in a hurry without signing the papers so I filled them out in hopes of getting her to sign them. I come back with some new information and I find yet even another twist after I had been shot at. I find her and my secretary dead and the papers missing with another business card in their place. It’s all fucked up.

HARVEY
Tell me, you still have those business cards?

RICHARD
Yeah. You want one?

HARVEY
I have to take it for evidence.

RICHARD
Okay.

Richard goes into his pocket and takes out the two business cards and gives them to Harvey. Harvey examines them, and then puts them in a plastic bag that says “EVIDENCE” on it.

HARVEY
Now, something had to trigger this and that’s the key to solving this. It may very easily be something you did, or something someone you know did. You may be the victim or you may be a mere pawn in a conspiracy. Whatever happened, all I know is that we now have a related triple murder on our hands. Anyway, it’s about time we gotta go now Richard. I may have to call you in later for an interrogation. And you are one hundred and ten percent sure that employees at the hall of records, Burger King, and 7-11 will all remember seeing you there?

RICHARD
I don’t know if they’ll remember it, but I was there, alright.

HARVEY
Well, they all should have security cameras that’ll prove you were there. Anyway, I’ll see you Richard.

RICHARD
Alright. Bye, Harvey.

HARVEY
And one more thing, I want you to stay away from this. Do not try to investigate it. You were once a top notch detective, but now you’re an amateur sleuth.

RICHARD
Yeah, I’d still rather be this than a cop.

HARVEY
Bye.

RICHARD
See you.

HARVEY
Come on boys, let’s pack it up!

Harvey walks off to help clean off, while Richard goes into his desk and takes out a piece of paper. On the paper he writes “67B West Straw Street”.

Cut To:

Ext. West Straw Street – Day

The camera shows a sign that says “WEST STRAW ST.” and then moves back to show Richard driving in his car. He parks it and gets out at 67B.

It appears to be a pet store, but Richard goes inside to investigate it anyway.

Int. Bernie’s Pets – Day

Richard walks around looks at animals. He hears dogs barking at him, birds squeaking, and cats hissing at him. He makes his way to the front desk.

RICHARD
Hey, uh, is this 67B West Straw Street?

BERNIE
Yes, in fact, it is. What can I help you find? A dog? A cat? How about an alligator? Those are the new things among buyers now. They want alligators. Last year it was komodo dragons. They always want something that can kill them. Next year, they’re gonna want Godzilla and if they’re daring enough, King Kong to go along with it? Tell me; do you want Godzilla or a cat?

RICHARD
Neither, actually. Do you know where Beautiful Gods Special Surgeries is located?

BERNIE
Actually, they went outta business. About six months ago. Since we owned 67A West Straw Street, that’s where our pet store was, we decided to buy out 67B so we could have more room for komodo dragons and alligators and crocodiles. We bought it a couple days after they went outta business. We got it for a real cheap price too. The only expensive part was knocking down the wall and attaching it. We had to add new tile and new…

RICHARD
Oh. Thank you. I’m sorry about this.

BERNIE
Oh, that’s perfectly alright. We had this guy come in about a week ago, calling himself Lamar or some other fake name like that looking for surgeries.

Richard looks shocked.

RICHARD
Lamar?

BERNIE
Yeah. Who would name their child something like that? Lamar! Ha. It sounds like llama. Hey, that’s a good idea maybe we’ll start selling llamas. Maybe, we won’t get sued for any more wrongful deaths. I mean just about three weeks ago some stupid dumb kid dived into a container for two crocodiles cause he thought it was a swimming pool. He ended up becoming their lunch and now his even stupider mother wants 5 million dollars. I want 10 million from her cause her son’s inside stained the tank.

RICHARD
Do you know this man named Lamar’s last name?

BERNIE
He told me but I don’t remember it. It’s probably some other fake name his mom made up. You know…

RICHARD
Does he look anything like this man?

Richard pulls out a picture of Lamar that was cut from the newspaper.

BERNIE
Nope it wasn’t that man. It was a different-looking man.

RICHARD
Oh.

BERNIE
I’m sorry. That’s not him. That guy looks more like a crocodile than a man.

RICHARD
Oh. Okay, I gotta go. Nice talking to you.

Richard turns around and starts walking out the door.

BERNIE
Nice talking to you. Hey, wait a second. I remember his last name. It’s something like man. Maybe Hoffman. Yeah, I think it’s Hoffman. I knew a man named Hoffman once. Jack Hoffman. At least he didn’t have a fake name. It was Jonathan Steven Hoffman, but we called him Jack. That’s a good old American name.

Richard turns around shocked.

RICHARD
Something’s not right here.

Cut To:

Int. Harvey’s Office – Day

Harvey is talking to another cop named Geoff, in his office. He looks very mad and is shouting at Geoff because he is so angry.

HARVEY
Something’s definitely not fucking right here, Geoff! What do you mean?!

GEOFF
Well, there is no Beautiful Gods Surgical office in this town anymore.

HARVEY
Shit! I want 24-hour surveillance on the son-of-a-bitch Carter! Fuck.

Cut To:

Int. Courtroom – Day

A woman, Georgia Perkins, is in court. She is in the middle of a hard and strenuous custody case. Her ex-husband isn’t there and his lawyer is all alone. Because of this the Judge gives the final ruling.

JUDGE
Because of Mr. Perkins’s failure to show up for the past three days of court, I grant custody of Julia Larraine Perkins to her mother, Georgia Martha Perkins. You are dismissed.

Georgia’s daughter runs over to her mother and they hug each other.

GEORGIA
I’ve been waiting for a moment of peace for weeks, honey. I finally got it. I love you, Julia.

JULIA
I love you, too, mommy.

Georgia kisses Julia on her cheek.

GEORGIA
Let’s go home.

Cut To:

Int. Perkins’s Home – Day

Georgia is washing dishes at the sink and Julia is eating a cookie and drinking soda at the kitchen table. Georgia turns around to ask Julia something.

GEORGIA
Oh Julia, can you go into the garden for me and dig up some of those old dead flowers?

JULIA
But, Mom! I just got home! Do I have to?

GEORGIA
Julia, honey, things are going to be back to normal now. Just because daddy’s not here doesn’t mean I’m gonna allow you to sit around all day. I have some flowers that died in my garden. Will you please go into the garden and take them out for me, while I bake this welcome-home cake? Okay? Please? Okay?

JULIA
Okay.

GEORGIA
Thank you, baby.

Cut To:

Ext. Perkins’s Garden – Day

Julia skips out to the garden with a spade in her hand. As she is skipping, she stops to smell and admire some flowers. Then she gets to the dead flowers. She digs, and digs, and digs, some more. Then she puts the spade down and starts digging with her hands. She pulls out some roots here and there and then she picks up something else.

Julia jumps back; horrified. She takes a couple steps backwards and then runs into the house. The camera moves over to reveal what scared her: a human arm.

Cut To:

Ext. Perkins’s Home – Day

Some police cars are speeding to their home.

Cut To:

Ext. Police Station – Day

The camera zooms into a window at the police station.

Cut To:

Int. Police Interrogation Room – Day

The camera zooms out of the same window to reveal a dark interrogation room with Georgia in it. She is in a prisoners’ uniform.

She is sitting alone until Harvey walks in with a folder. He pulls out a chair and sits down next to her. He looks at the papers and then at her. There is an awkward silence but, then he talks.

HARVEY
The tests have come in.

GEORGIA
(With Hope)
And…?

HARVEY
It was, in fact, your ex-husband who was brutally slaughtered and buried in your flower garden.

Georgia bends her head down in a sad manner, but doesn’t cry.

HARVEY
This is some pretty serious business, Georgia. You could get the death penalty for this. But, I have arranged for you a plea bargain. You’ll get life in prison with a chance for parole in twenty years, but you gotta plead guilty.

Georgia, all of a sudden, becomes very emotional.

GEORGIA
Guilty?! Guilty to what?!

HARVEY
The evidence is all here. You killed your ex-husband and then buried him in the flower garden.

GEORGIA
Killed him?! I killed him?! I may have hated that man, as far as hate goes, and he is pure evil, but I would never take his life, because that would make me worse than him.

HARVEY
Listen, we have more than enough evidence to give you the death sentence.

GEORGIA
He’s the father of my child! I would never kill him!

HARVEY
Well, tell me this: were you on good terms with your husband?

GEORGIA
Well…that’s questionable and…

HARVEY
No. According to reports we were called over to your house three times because of domestic assault. He beat you on several occasions. You never pressed charges and he got away clean. You were in the middle of a long custody battle for your daughter. All of a sudden, he mysteriously doesn’t show up to court and you are awarded custody. The day before the murder you bought six bags of mulch from the hardware store. Six bags! You’d have to be burying something really big to need six bags. I’d say six foot 3 inches big! And the murder weapon, which I must add was hidden in your garage under bags of other things, had your fingerprints all over it.

GEORGIA
A murder weapon?! A gardening spade?! Of course, it has my fingerprints on it! It’s MY gardening spade! I’m a gardener! I bought six bags so I could dig up the old dead flowers and put the new mulch in! The spade must of fell of the ledge where it normally is! I have several spades!

HARVEY
You have several spades, eh? How many more of them have your husband’s blood stained into them?

GEORGIA
Well…I…How do you know it’s his blood?

HARVEY
Oh, how many other people have you been killing lately, honey?!

GEORGIA
NONE! I never even hit my husband back when he hit me! I was just saying it may be my blood! I may have cut myself with it!

HARVEY
We did a DNA check! Happy?!

GEORGIA
But…how…

Georgia breaks down and cries.

HARVEY
Shit. Well, let me know when your ready to confess!

Harvey leaves the room. The camera focuses on Georgia’s breakdown.

Cut To:

Richard is going through some paperwork. The phone rings and he picks it up.

RICHARD
Carter Private Detective Agency, how may I help you?

JULIAN
Hello. My name is Julian Brown. I’m a lawyer from the Brown, Brown, and McLaren Law Firm. One of my clients has been charged with murder. Now, she passionately claims she didn’t do it. She has a very small chance of beating this case and most likely will be found guilty. If she is found guilty she will get the death penalty. Could you possibly go to the jail, talk to her, and solve this mess?

RICHARD
Sure. I need the cash. What’s her name?

JULIAN
Georgia. Georgia Perkins.

Cut To:

Richard walks into the same room Georgia was in earlier. Harvey is watching her cry devilishly. He turns around and sees Richard.

HARVEY
What the hell are you doing here, Richard?

RICHARD
I finally got another case. Her’s.

HARVEY
I’d get out of here if I were you, Carter. You are very, very close to getting charged with a triple murder yourself. Why don’t you leave town and lie low for a while?

RICHARD
May I talk to her? Harvey? We used to be partners. I saved your life on several occasions back when we both were small time cops. May I talk to her?

(pause)

HARVEY
Fine.

Harvey gets up and leaves the room. Once he is gone, Richard sits next to Georgia and hands her a box of tissues.

GEORGIA
Thank you.

She blows her nose.

RICHARD
Don’t worry about it. Now, Ms. Perkins…

GEORGIA
Georgia. Call me Georgia.

RICHARD
Georgia, I need you to tell me how you got into this shit.

GEORGIA
All I know is, my daughter was digging in the garden and she found the body of my ex-husband buried in the flower garden.

Georgia starts crying really hard again. Richard looks at her sympathetically. Then she gets up and asks about Julia.

GEORGIA
How is she? Is she alright?

RICHARD
She’s fine. She’s just fine.

GEORGIA
Can you make sure she’s alright and she takes her medicine. Because sometimes she doesn’t want to…

RICHARD
Yeah, yeah. I will.

Richard puts the pills in his pocket.

RICHARD
I’m gonna talk to her soon, too.

GEORGIA
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much.

RICHARD
What was your husband’s name?

GEORGIA
Samuel. Samuel Perkins.

RICHARD
Okay. Let me right this down.

Richard takes out a pen and paper and writes that down.

RICHARD (CONT.)
Now, who do you think killed your husband?

GEORGIA
I dunno. I have no idea. I know on paper it looks like I may have done it but I didn’t. I didn’t and I have no idea who killed my husband.

Cut To:

Int. Prison Front Desk – Day

A man is waiting at the front desk for the woman at the desk to the woman sitting at the desk. She finally does turn around and speaks to him.

WOMAN AT FRONT DESK
Hello, how may I help you?

MAN
I need to talk to someone in charge here. Like a chief of police or something.

WOMAN AT FRONT DESK
Why, sir?

MAN
Just tell them I want to speak with them. It’s an emergency.

WOMAN AT FRONT DESK
Okay…what’s you name, sir?

SAMUEL
Samuel. Samuel Perkins.

Cut To:

Richard is still talking to Georgia.

GEORGIA
…And now I’m here. I dunno what happened. That guy, that cop…

RICHARD
Harvey?

GEORGIA
Yes, him. He just spit threats out at me the whole time.

RICHARD
Harvey’s an asshole. I used to be a cop. He was my partner. He was obnoxious. Always trying to get things out of people by threats. It usually works, too.

Harvey walks in with Samuel. Richard and Georgia turn to look at them. Georgia is shocked.

GEORGIA
You…you asshole! How could you play this cruel joke on me, Sam?!

SAMUEL
Believe me. It wasn’t a joke. I still wanna know what happened, too.

HARVEY
I don’t know what to do know, Georgia. We still got enough evidence to prosecute you, yet nobody knows who that dead guy in your garden is. Tell me, Georgia, who the hell is it?!

RICHARD
Stop harassing her, Harvey!

HARVEY
Shut the fuck up, Rick! You wouldn’t believe some of the evidence we found on you, today. Pretty soon you two will be sharing a cell in death row.

SAMUEL
Officer Jones.

HARVEY
Yeah?

SAMUEL
Should I fear for my life, now?

HARVEY
What do you mean?

SAMUEL
I mean, apparently, somebody’s tried to kill me. Should I be taking precautionary measures to protect me?

HARVEY
Don’t worry. I’m very sure, in fact, I know exactly where the killer is. She in this room. She’s right here. And this is where she’s staying.

Cut To:

Richard is seen pulling up in his car. He gets out and walks up to Julia, who is playing in the garden.

RICHARD
Hello, Julia.

Julia takes the spade and stabs it into the ground. Then she stands up and looks at Richard.

JULIA
Hello, mister.

RICHARD
My name is Richard.

JULIA
Hi.

RICHARD
I’m kinda like a policeman. I’m a detective. Is your daddy here?

SAMUEL (OS)
I’m right here, asshole.

The camera turns to the right, to reveal Samuel, standing there angrily.

RICHARD
Hi, I’m Detective Richard Carter. Can I talk to you?

SAMUEL
What about?

RICHARD
Well, I’m kinda trying to solve you’re murder, so to speak.

SAMUEL
I thought you cops solved that shit.

RICHARD
I’m not a police officer. I was, once, a long time ago, but not anymore, no.

SAMUEL
Well, my wife was the killer. They already solved that case. She’s going to court in a couple days. That’s old news.

RICHARD
Can I ask you just one question?

SAMUEL
No. Leave, now.

RICHARD
Don’t you think a wife would be able to tell who their husband was? Especially if they got close enough to him to cut him up that badly? Unless…

SAMUEL
I don’t want this shit discussed around my daughter. Leave now, or just like Harvey said, “You two will be sharing a cell.”

RICHARD
Thanks for the help.

Richard gets into his car and drives off.

SAMUEL
He’s gonna find out too much for his own good.

Cut To:

Harvey and Georgia are sitting in the interrogation room. She looks tired and broken down and he looks like he is gonna break her down more.

HARVEY
It’s your last chance. Are you going to take the plea bargain or not?

Georgia puts her hand over her face, then looks all around. She contemplates whether she wants the deal or not. She almost considers but then decides against it.

GEORGIA
No.

HARVEY
I tried. I tried with you, Georgia. Oh, well. A murder’s only justified with another murder.

Georgia starts to cry again.

Cut To:

Int. Brown, Brown, and McLaren Law Firm – Day

Richard is talking to Julian Brown in his office at the law firm.

JULIAN
Mr. Carter, I appreciate what you are doing, maybe even more than Mrs. Perkins does. But, there is little to no chances of her being acquitted. That is, unless, you bring in some incriminating evidence pointing to someone else. You have almost no time. So please, you can save a life. Do you know what that feeling is like?

RICHARD
I know more of the opposite. But I’ll try.

JULIAN
It’s too late to try. If you keeping trying she’ll be dead. Do it. Don’t try it. Do it.

Cut To:

Julia is putting mulch down in the garden, as Richard is pulling up in his car. He walks up to her.

JULIA
Hello, Mr. Richard.

RICHARD
Hi, Julia. I talked to your mom. She told me to make sure that you take your medication. Do you know what I’m talking about?

JULIA
I hate that medicine. But I’ll take it for mommy.

RICHARD
Now, Julia I need to ask you some questions. You might be able to help your mommy. I need you to remember back to that day…

JULIA
You mean the day mommy killed daddy?

RICHARD
But she didn’t do it though, did she?

JULIA
I saw her. It was nine days ago. On my birthday. She cut him up in the garden.

RICHARD
But, didn’t your daddy come back?

JULIA
The man she killed looked like my daddy.

RICHARD
Oh. Okay. Thank you, Julia.

JULIA
You’re welcome.

Richard walks off and Julia goes back to gardening.

Cut To:

Richard storms into the room, where Georgia is.

RICHARD
You bitch!

GEORGIA
What? What?!

RICHARD
I talked to Julia.

GEORGIA
Is she alright? Did you give her the medicine?

RICHARD
That should be the least of your worries right now.

GEORGIA
Why? What happened to her?

RICHARD
She claims that she saw you kill your ex-husband, or whoever that guy was, chop him up and bury him in the garden.

GEORGIA
WHAT?!

RICHARD
Now, Georgia. I believed you.

GEORGIA
What do you mean you believed me?! What’s this?! What is this?!

RICHARD
This?! This?! THIS will put you in prison the rest of your life.

Richard storms off.

GEORGIA
What are you doing?! You can’t just leave me here?! What are you doing?! Oh my God! Oh my God. This is insane.

Georgia starts to cry, again.

Cut To:

Int. Harvey’s Office – Day

Richard is explaining what happened to Harvey.

HARVEY
…And she told you this?

RICHARD
She told me, that she saw her mother do this.

HARVEY
Damn. This was the big break we needed. We already had a good case against her but, now it’s guaranteed. You know what? You should re-join this police force. You could help us a lot.

RICHARD
No. I like this low-rent job. I have no rules, no regulations. It’s dangerous, but being a cop’s worse.

HARVEY
Yeah. Well, anyway, you see? I told you all along that she did it.

RICHARD
Well, she’s a good actress. She really made me sympathize for her.

HARVEY
Don’t ever let that fool you. Don’t ever let that fool you. People are never who they seem.

Cut To:

Int. Courtroom – Day

Georgia Perkins is on trial for the murder. She is watching her daughter testify against her. She is lightly crying.

JULIA
…I was playing with my new teddy bear I got. And then I heard my mommy. I thought she was gonna give me another surprise present, so I went outside and I saw her cutting up a man that looked like my daddy. I cried and I told her to stop it. I said, “Don’t hurt daddy! Don’t you hurt my daddy!” But, then she killed him. And she buried him with the flowers. That made me sad.

Cut To:

Richard is talking to a woman in his office.

RICHARD
Now, how long has your sister been missing?

WOMAN
Three weeks.

RICHARD
And the cops won’t help you find her?

WOMAN
I don’t want them finding her. She has done some things in her past, which would probably end with in prison.

RICHARD
Is that why she ran away? To escape prosecution?

WOMAN
No, well, maybe. I dunno why she ran away. But I don’t think that’s the reason. And I do know she could run into a lot of danger.

RICHARD
And where…

The phone rings.

RICHARD
Excuse me. Let me get that.

Richard picks up the phone.

RICHARD
Hello, Carter Detective Agency, this is Richard Carter speaking.

JULIA (On The Phone)
Are you the detective man?

RICHARD
Yes, Julia, is that you?

JULIA
Yes, it’s Julia. My daddy left me here, all by myself, and I’m scared my mommy might come here and take me away.

RICHARD
Julia, you’re perfectly safe.

JULIA
But, I’m afraid, Mr. Carter.

Richard sighs.

RICHARD (To The Woman)
I’m sorry about this.

WOMAN
Oh, it’s fine.

RICHARD (To Julia)
Okay, I’ll go over and see you in a little while.

JULIA
Thank you, Mr. Carter.

RICHARD
You’re welcome, Julia.

Richard hangs the phone up. He then walks over to the filing cabinet and takes out a legal form. He walks back to his desk and gives it to the woman. She signs it as he talks.

RICHARD
I’m really sorry about that. That was my daughter. She’s sick. I gotta go home and take care of her. I you would just fill out these papers, I will get back in touch with you later and I’ll find your sister.

WOMAN
Thank you, Mr. Carter.

RICHARD
You’re welcome.

She gets up and leaves the room. Richard puts some files in his cabinet and then walks out of his office. He walks out of the building entirely to his car.

Ext. Carter’s Detective Agency – Day

Richard is walking down the sidewalk and he sees smoke in the air.

RICHARD
I hope there isn’t another fucking protest.

Richard keeps walking until he gets to the car lot. He sees his car on fire.

RICHARD
Holy shit! My car!

He runs up closer to his car to see a man, burning in flames, in his car. The man turns to his side. The man is Harvey Jones.

RICHARD
Harvey, what the fuck did you do to my car?

Harvey shouts some mumbled words that cannot be understood. Richard pulls him out of the burning car and beats the fire off of Harvey with his coat. After the flames are gone, Harvey is sitting on the ground coughing.

RICHARD
What the fuck did you do to my car?

HARVEY
I didn’t do it. I didn’t do it. I was kidnapped and locked in here when it was burning. Listen, Richard. That woman, Perkins, didn’t do the murder. And that man claiming to be Mr. Perkins isn’t.

RICHARD
What do you mean?

HARVEY
Beautiful Gods Special Surgeries.

RICHARD
Holy shit.

Harvey coughs really hard and coughs out blood.

HARVEY
The killer was…

Someone shoots a gun and the bullet hits Harvey right before he finishes the sentence. Richard jumps back and pulls out his gun. He looks all over for a gunman but cannot see one. He looks to the right and then to the left. While he is looking, a gunman in the opposite direction shoots out one of his car tires. Richard turns around and unloads in that direction, but nothing more happens.

Richard walks over to the shot out tire and sees a “Beautiful Gods Special Surgeries” business card. He runs away.

Richard runs for a couple blocks until he runs out into the road to stop a taxi. Richard gets in.

Int. Taxi – Day

Richard, nervously and very quickly, enters the taxi cab. The driver looks at him strangely and then comments.

TAXI DRIVER
You gotta be more careful next time. I almost killed you.

RICHARD
Shut the fuck up! I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Can you please take me to 25 June Street? It’s an emergency.

The driver starts driving.

RICHARD
Excuse me, can you please go faster. I mean a lot faster.

The driver speeds away.

Cut To:

Ext. Perkins’ House – Day

Richard runs out of the Taxi Cab to the door. He pounds on the door and Julia answers it. He runs into the house.

Int. Perkins’ House – Day

Julia looks at him strangely.

JULIA
Why are you sweating, Mister Carter?

RICHARD
That doesn’t matter, right now. Where’s your daddy?

JULIA
I told you, already, he left me here and I’m afraid of my mommy.

RICHARD
You don’t have to be afraid of your mommy. She didn’t do anything. She is a good woman and a good mother.

JULIA
No she isn’t. My daddy told me she tried to kill him and killed somebody who looked like him.

RICHARD
No. No. That man is not your father. The man that was buried in your garden was your daddy.

JULIA
So, you mean my daddy is dead?

RICHARD
I’m sorry, Julia.

Julia starts to cry.

JULIA
I want my daddy.

Richard hugs her.

RICHARD
I’m sorry about everything, Julia. I’ll help you, though.

JULIA
Thank you, mister.

Julia’s crying goes down a bit. Her dog walks over to them and barks…and barks…and barks.

RICHARD
Why is that dog barking? Is he mad?

JULIA
No. He has to go to the bathroom. But I can’t take him. He would only go for daddy.

RICHARD
I’ll take him out for you.

JULIA
Thanks.

RICHARD
Sure. Where’s his leash?

JULIA
I’ll get it for you.

Julia gets the dog leash and gives it to Richard and he puts it on the dog’s collar.

RICHARD
Okay, I’ll be back in a minute, Julia.

Richard takes the dog outside.

Ext. Perkins’s Yard - Day

Richard takes the dog to go to the bathroom, but the dog pulls him all over the yard. The dog stops at the garden and starts digging into it.

RICHARD
Do you smell a bone, doggy?

As the dog continues to dig, Richard turns around to see Julia, through a window, still crying. He sympathizes for her.

He is interrupted by dog-barking and turns around.

RICHARD
Find what you were looking for doggy?

Richard sees that the dog dug up the body of the man claiming to be Samuel Perkins.

RICHARD
Holy shit. Holy shit!

Richard, without the dog, runs into the house, to Julia.

Cut To:

Ext. Police Station – Day

Richard gets out of a taxi cab and runs into the police station.

Int. Police Station – Day

Richard runs up to the front desk.

RICHARD
I need to see Ms. Georgia Perkins, right now. Right this second.

Two cops are walking by. As they see him, one drops his coffee.

COP #1
There he is. There’s Richard. Cuff him and book him, now.

RICHARD
What?

A cop walks up to him and puts handcuffs on him. Richard, startled, yells at him.

RICHARD
What the fuck are you doing? What is this? I need to speak to Georgia. Get me out of this motherfucker!

COP #1
Shut the fuck up! You’re being charged with the murder of Harvey Jones.

RICHARD
What? Harvey? Jones? Damn. I know what happened though. Let me go and I tell you.

COP #1
Everything you see can and will be used against you, Richard. Must I even say that part? Shit, you were a cop once, you know the law. Book him, Paul.

RICHARD
Shit.

They take Richard away.

Cut To:

Int. Police Interrogation Room – Night

Richard is sitting in the same interrogation room that Georgia was, earlier. A cop, Kevin Towne, walks into the room to talk to Richard.

KEVIN
Richard.

RICHARD
Kevin.

KEVIN
You lucked out. I’m can offer you a deal.

RICHARD
Yeah? What do I gotta do?

KEVIN
If you testify against Mrs. Perkins, you will get twenty years. If you don’t you could get death. So which way will you have it?

(pause)

RICHARD
So, I gotta rat out Mrs. Perkins, which will inevitably give her the death penalty, so I don’t get it? Hmm. Seems hypocritical to me.

KEVIN
She had her chance for a deal, too.

(long pause)

RICHARD
I guess, she’s gonna get the death sentence, anyway. Might as well save one life, than destroy two.

KEVIN
That’s good thinking. Very good thinking.

RICHARD
I’m gonna regret this, though. It’s a bad choice, but I guess I could have made a even worse choice.

KEVIN
Don’t worry about it. You’re doing the right thing.

RICHARD
I hope so.

KEVIN
I’ll tell you when it’s your day to go to court. In the meantime, get prepared.

RICHARD
Okay.

KEVIN
You made a good decision. I would have done the same.

Kevin leaves the room.

RICHARD
Shit. Shit. Shit.

Cut To:

Int. Courtroom – Day

The Judge is about to speak in Georgia’s trial. Georgia looks tired, dull, and beat.

JUDGE
Would the prosecuting attorney like to bring out a witness?

PROSECUTING ATTORNEY
Yes. We would like to call out Richard Carter.

JUDGE
Richard Carter, please come to the stand.

Richard comes up to the stand.

JUDGE
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

RICHARD
Yes.

JUDGE
You may be seated.

Richard sits down.

PROSECUTING ATTORNEY
Can you state the name of the person on trial?

RICHARD
Georgia.

P.A.
And what would her last name be?

RICHARD
Perkins.

P.A.
So you admit you know this woman?

RICHARD
I did some business for her.

P.A.
And what business are you in?

RICHARD
I’m a Private Detective.

P.A.
So, she hired you to snoop around?

RICHARD
No. She wanted me to find the real killer of her husband.

P.A.
And who did you find to be the killer?

RICHARD
I didn’t find the killer, yet.

P.A.
Well, who is all the evidence pointing to?

RICHARD
If you’re asking me who the killer is, I have no idea. But I do know that Mrs. Perkins didn’t do it.

P.A.
(shocked)
What? Excuse me? Aren’t you testifying against her?

RICHARD
I’m just telling the truth.
P.A.
You…You’re excused.

RICHARD
I have proof. There’s been another murder, in the Perkins’s garden.

P.A.
I said you are excused.

JUDGE
Step down, Mr. Carter.

RICHARD
The real murderer is loose.

JUDGE
Mr. Carter, step down, now. That is an order.

RICHARD
This is a serial killer!

JUDGE
Escort this man out of here, Juan!

A cop named Juan, handcuffs Richard and walks him out of the courtroom, while Richard shouts at them.

RICHARD
You arrest me! You arrest, Mrs. Perkins! We’re innocent! The real killer is on the loose!

Richard leaves the room with Juan.
Cut To:

Richard is thrown into the interrogation room by Kevin, who is pissed.

KEVIN
What the hell was that today, asshole?!

RICHARD
The truth.

KEVIN
None of that shit happened!

RICHARD
Why don’t you go check the garden?

KEVIN
You’re telling me that I’ll find a dead body there?

RICHARD
If you dig in the same garden I did.

KEVIN
Alright, buddy. We have a deal.

RICHARD
If I were you, I’d take a whole lot of your best men, along to help you.

KEVIN
Oh, I will!

RICHARD
I hope you find it.

KEVIN
You better hope I find it, asshole!

Kevin leaves the room.

Cut To:

Ext. Perkins’s House – Day

Three cop cars, full of men, pull up in their police vehicles. It is starting to rain so they run to the house fast. They knock on the door. Julia answers. They walk in.

Int. Perkins’s House – Day

Julia is afraid of them because she doesn’t know who they are.

JULIA
Who are you guys? You better leave my house! I’ll call the police!

KEVIN
Shh! Shh! Calm down. Calm down. We are the police. We came here to check up on you.

JULIA
Let me see your badges.

Kevin shows her his badge. She smiles.

JULIA
Oh. I thought you were a burglar.

KEVIN
No. Far from it. We wanted to see your garden, but it’s raining pretty hard so can we wait here until it clears up?

JULIA
Sure.

KEVIN
Can I ask you something?

JULIA
What?

KEVIN
Is your father home?

JULIA
Daddy?

Julia starts crying. Kevin hugs her.

KEVIN
I’m sorry. I didn’t know. It’s okay. Can we sit down?

Julia stops crying.

JULIA
Sure, anywhere you like. Are you thirsty?

KEVIN
Yeah. I am.

JULIA
Do you want a coke?

KEVIN
Sure.

JULIA
I’ll get one for you.

KEVIN
Thank you.

Julia goes off into the kitchen but the camera stays with the police.

KEVIN
Look around for some evidence, but make sure she doesn’t realize.

The cops start looking around, while Kevin walks into the kitchen. He sees Julia drop her medicine all over the floor. She turns around and he looks surprised.

JULIA
You scared me, Mister. You made me drop my medicine. I forgot to take it today and I was going to but you scared me.

KEVIN
Oh, I’m sorry. I was wondering if you could make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, to go along with the drink.

JULIA
Sure, but I gotta pick up the medicine first.

KEVIN
Oh, I’ll help you with that.

JULIA
No thank you. I’ll do it. You can relax.

KEVIN
Thank you, Julia.

JULIA
You’re welcome.

Kevin leaves the room and we follow him.

KEVIN
Hurry up, boys.

The cops all finish up what they were doing, before Julia comes back. When she comes back she gives the sandwich and drink to Kevin.

KEVIN
Thanks, sweetie. Will you do me another favor?

JULIA
What?

KEVIN
Can you turn on the TV to the weather?

JULIA
Sure.

Julia turns on the TV. They all listen to the weatherman on the TV.

WEATHERMAN
The storm warning is now over, and even though it is still raining pretty heavily, the high winds and thunder have ceased.

Kevin goes and looks out a window for a little while.

KEVIN
Okay. We don’t have all day. So we are gonna go dig in the rain. There isn’t any lighting so it’ll be safe. Come on, boys. Thanks for your hospitality, Julia.

JULIA
Sure.

They go out into the rain and start digging in the rain. After a while of digging and digging and digging Kevin gets frustrated.

KEVIN
We’re never gonna find this body. That lying son-of-a-bitch Carter.

Although discouraged, he continues to dig until another cop, Johnson, finds the body.

JOHNSON
Uh, Kevin! Come here, Kevin. I found something.

Kevin shakes his head and walks over to Johnson.

KEVIN
What is it, Johnson?

JOHNSON
Come here, I gotta show you something.

Johnson walks Kevin over to some bushes where the body is laying in. Kevin is shocked.

JOHNSON
I think the storm probably brought it over here.

KEVIN
Good work. Good work, Johnson.

Cut To:

Int. Police Station – Night

The police walk back into the station with, Julia. Kevin walks up to Paul and talks to him.

KEVIN
Carter wasn’t lying this time. There was a body. I need you to do some favors for me.

PAUL
Kevin, I…

KEVIN
Shh. I know you will. I need you to do get somebody to get the evidence out of the trunks and also get somebody to watch this girl, until we find a good foster home for her.

PAUL
Yeah, Kevin, but I gotta tell you something…

KEVIN
It can wait. I need this done now.

PAUL
No. You’re gonna wanna hear this.

KEVIN
This better not be another one of those stories of yours, Paul.

PAUL
No. Richard. Richard Carter…

KEVIN
What did he do?

PAUL
He waited until you, and all the best men left and then him and Mrs. Perkins escaped from the prison.

KEVIN
What? Why didn’t you contact us?

PAUL
The power was out in the storm and the backup power was malfunctioning. I’m sorry, boss. I kept telling Harvey to fix the power, but he never did.

KEVIN
Richard Carter and Georgia Perkins are free?

PAUL
Yes.

KEVIN
Okay. I want them found and brought back here immediately!

PAUL
We already got people looking for them.

KEVIN
Send more! Send the entire fucking Army and Navy, if you have to, but I want them back here NOW!

Cut To:

Ext. Side Of The Road – Evening

Richard and Georgia are running on the side of the road. They run up behind trees and try to hide. Georgia trips and falls. Richard helps her up and they run off.

Cut To:

Ext. Woods – Night

Richard and Georgia are in the woods. Georgia is lying down and trying to fall asleep, while Richard is looking out for police.

RICHARD
In about four hours, I’ll wake you up and it’ll be your turn to guard, and my turn to sleep.

GEORGIA
Okay. Oh, I’m so tired.

RICHARD
Once we get out of the middle of nowhere, I’ll steal a car and we can drive off, anywhere.

GEORGIA
What about my daughter? What about Julia?

RICHARD
The police probably have her. She will probably be given to a foster child.

Georgia sits up.

GEORGIA
We gotta get her out of there.

RICHARD
I’m sorry. There’s not much we can do. It’s almost impossible to kidnap somebody in police custody.

Georgia slaps him.

GEORGIA
Fuck you! Fuck you! I don’t give a damn about you! I’ll kill you before I’ll let this happen to her. Not because I hate you, because I am a mother.

Richard looks at her and then contemplates it.

Cut To:

Ext. Used Car Lot – Evening

It is the next evening and Richard and Julia are sneaking into the used car lot. They are wearing all black clothes. They walk slowly through the parking lot until they get to a silver BMW. Richard takes out a crow bar and breaks into a car.

As soon as the door opens, the car alarm goes off. The sound is really loud and startles Richard, who jumps back. A security guard from far away flashes a light at them.

They get into the car and lock the doors.

Int. Silver BMW - Night

While the alarm is still going off at insanely high levels, Richard tries to start the car by rubbing the wires together.

The light, from the security guard, is coming closer, and closer, and even closer. Time is running out for Richard.

Eventually, the security guard comes to the car and tries to open the doors, but he can’t. So he punches open a window.

SECURITY GUARD
I’d stop this shit right…

He is interrupted by gunshots. The camera turns around to reveal Georgia, who is holding the smoking barrel. Richard looks at her awkwardly, and then gets back to the wires. He eventually gets the car started and they drive off.

Cut To:

Int. Silver BMW – Dawn

Georgia is driving the car and Richard is asleep in the passenger’s seat. The sound of a police siren is heard in the distance.

There are no other cars on the road and it is almost silent, so the only sound heard is that of the police car’s siren.

Georgia begins to get nervous, as the sound gets closer, so she decides to wake Richard up. She shakes him and shouts his name.

GEORGIA
Richard. Richard. Wake up. Wake up, Richard. Richard! Wake up!

She starts getting tense as Richard finally awakens. He yawns then stops.

GEORGIA
Richard…

RICHARD
Stop. Shh.

GEORGIA
Richard…

RICHARD
Shut up! Listen.

The sound comes inevitably closer.

GEORGIA
That’s what I was trying to tell you. It’s a cop.

RICHARD
It’s not a cop. It’s a couple cops. And to be more precise, I think it’s a couple cops after us.

As the sound comes closer, they get more tense and nervous. Eventually the lights of the siren are seen, too. The cops are driving right by them, but they pass.

Richard and Georgia calm down and smile at each other.

Cut To:

Int. Silver BMW – Day

Richard is now driving and Georgia is resting in the back seat. They are having a casual conversation with each other.

RICHARD
…So how old is Julia?

GEORGIA
She just turned nine.

RICHARD
Oh. May I ask you a question?

GEORGIA
What?

RICHARD
Did you work in a certain profession? I mean, did you have a job?

GEORGIA
Yeah. I was a secretary. For my husband. That’s how I met him. He was a doctor. I caught him cheating on me with one of his patients, and after all the beatings and all the evil in the house that was the icing on the cake.

RICHARD
What kind of a doctor was he?

GEORGIA
He was a plastic surgeon. He owned a small place called “Beautiful Gods Special Surgeries”. I don’t know if you ever heard about it. It went out of business about six months ago during the trial.

RICHARD
He owned it?

GEORGIA
Yeah. He owned it for years, until it went out of business. It was actually doing pretty well, but he had to sell it for lawyer money, and the person who bought it changed the name and moved it out of town.

RICHARD
Holy shit.

GEORGIA
What is it? Another cop?

RICHARD
No.

Richard takes out one of the “Beautiful Gods Special Surgeries” business cards and shows it to Georgia.

GEORGIA
Oh. I never knew you got surgery. I always thought you were good-looking, but now I know why.

RICHARD
No. I never got surgery. I’ve seen these business cards scattered at several murder scenes.

GEORGIA
But, who’s been putting them there?

RICHARD
I dunno. But I think we’ve found a lost piece of the puzzle hidden in the box.

Cut To:

Int. Restaurant – Day

Georgia and Richard are in a restaurant sitting and waiting for their meals. They are having another conversation. Georgia is laughing.

GEORGIA
No. No.

RICHARD
You wouldn’t love a man like me? Why not?

GEORGIA
I…I…I…

RICHARD
Why not? You said I was good-looking earlier.

GEORGIA
So was my ex-husband.

RICHARD
You gave him a chance, though.

GEORGIA
Oh, yeah? Would you ever love a woman like me?

RICHARD
No.

GEORGIA
Why not?

RICHARD
Because you wouldn’t love me back.

GEORGIA
True.

(pause)

RICHARD
So…have you thought of a way to…?

GEORGIA
No. Not yet. That’s all that’s on my mind now. It’s obsessing me.

RICHARD
I don’t have any ideas either.

GEORGIA
I should be happy for her.

(pause)

GEORGIA (CONT.)
I should be happy, because she’s probably happy. But I love her too much. I want to see her again, but…I dunno.

RICHARD
It’s okay. It’s okay, Georgia. You will see Julia, again.

GEORGIA
I hope. But…

Georgia stops talking and just has a shocked look on her face. This confuses Richard.

RICHARD
What? What is it?

GEORGIA
Three cops just walked in.

Richard is about to turn around but Georgia stops him.

GEORGIA
No. Don’t do that. They’ll know you’re looking at them.

RICHARD
But…where are they now?

GEORGIA
They’re going to sit down…right behind you.

RICHARD
Are they any cops we know?

GEORGIA
I dunno.

RICHARD
What? What do you mean?

GEORGIA
(whispers)
Stop, they’ll here you.

Richard gets out a napkin and writes, “Are these the cops that are looking for us?” on the napkin with a pen.

GEORGIA
I dunno.

Richard begins to write, “How do you not” before being interrupted by the deep voice of a cop.

RESTAURANT COP 1
Excuse me.

Richard slowly looks up at him.

RESTAURANT COP 1
Can I borrow some sugar packets for coffee?

Richard and the cop look eye to eye before being interrupted by Georgia.

GEORGIA
Sure. Take as many as you want.

RES. COP 1
Thanks, mam.

GEORGIA
Richard, can you hand him the packets?

Richard gives the cop the packets of sugar.

RES. COP 1
Thank you, sir.

Richard watches the cop walk back to his seat. He then takes the napkin and writes, “Let’s leave right now” on it.

GEORGIA
No.

Richard writes, “Come on. It’s not safe.”

GEORGIA
No, I’m hungry.

Richard writes, “We gotta go. We can go through the McDonalds drive-thru or something…anything but here.”

GEORGIA
No!

Georgia shouting “no” attracts one of the cop’s attention.

RES. COP 2
Is there a problem, mam?

GEORGIA
Uh…Me? Oh, no. I’m fine.

RES. COP 1
If that man’s causing a problem…

GEORGIA
No, no. I’m fine. We’re fine. Thank you.

RES. COP 2
Okay then.

The cops turn around and continue to eat. Richard begins to sweat and it’s noticeable. He turns to Georgia to ask her something.

RICHARD
(whispering)
Do you have a compact or something?

GEORGIA
What?

RICHARD
(whispering)
A…a compact. You know, one of those…those little mirrors.

GEORGIA
Yeah, I think. You want some mascara, too?

RICHARD
(whispering)
Come on, I’m not kidding around. I need it.

GEORGIA
Alright.

Georgia goes into her purse and gets out a compact, which she gives to Richard.

RICHARD
Thanks.

Richard opens it and focuses it on the cops and nervously watches them. The cops aren’t doing anything irregular. They are just eating and chatting it up. Richard nervously watches it and is waiting for something to happen.

As he nervously watches, the cops get a message on their radio system and then they leave. Richard smiles as they leave. He finally calms down.

RICHARD
Shit. I can’t believe it. I almost had a fucking heart-attack. That shit scared the hell out of me. Georgia, we gotta be more prepared for situations like that, I mean, we could be back in prison right now. That’s the second time we could have gotten caught by cops. But, it won’t be the last. Georgia, we need to make two very important plans. One for this kinda deal and one for getting back Julia.

GEORGIA
Yeah. We’ll…

Georgia stops mid-sentence. She gapes at what she is seeing. Richard is wondering what is happening now.

RICHARD
What? Georgia…

The camera goes back to the compact. Through the mirror, we see the cops walk back into the restaurant with Kevin. Richard realizes this but too late.

RICHARD
Holy shit.

Richard just gets up and runs, while Georgia stays in her seat, still shocked. The cops point and Richard and Kevin runs toward him while other cops go for Georgia.

They throw her on the ground and search for any weapons on her. They find nothing until they take her purse and throw the contents on the ground. Sure enough, one of the contents is the gun used to murder the security guard.

GEORGIA
RICHARD! RICHARD!

The cops handcuff her as a tear goes down her face.

GEORGIA
Richard…

Cut To:

Ext. Woods – Day

Richard is running all through out the woods, trying to get away from any cop he sees. He runs until he gets to a river. He stops and doesn’t know what to do. He looks forwards at the water, but decides that it wouldn’t work. He turns around, and standing right behind him is Kevin, holding a nine millimeter.

Richard is so startled he falls back. He tries to crawl back, crawl away, from Kevin. Kevin just laughs and shakes his head.

KEVIN
You’ve got it all wrong. You’ve had it all wrong the entire time. How naïve. I’m on your side, Carter. I’m not against you, I’m with you. You’re not a bad detective; you’ve just found the wrong clues.

Kevin takes his gun and shoots six times in the air. After he fires the gun, he pulls a “Beautiful God’s Special Surgeries” business card out of his pocket and throws it on the ground.

KEVIN
I’d run if I were you.

Richard is shocked and doesn’t know what to make of it all, but he slowly gets up and runs off. Kevin watches as he runs.

Kevin runs back to the other cops in the parking lot of the restaurant, right outside of the woods.

Ext. Parking Lot Of Restaurant – Day

Kevin catches his breath and then announces what happened to the other cops.

KEVIN
I got Carter. I killed him. He pulled out a gun and fired four shots, but he missed. I shot back twice and hit him. His body fell back into the river. I want that river drained and his body found a.s.a.p.

RES. COP 1
Yes, sir. I’ll get to it.

Everyone gets back to their jobs and the police car with Georgia in it drives away.

Cut To:

Int. Courtroom – Day

Georgia is back in court. A jury member is reading the verdict.

JURY MEMBER 1
We the jury find the defendant Georgia Louise Holmes Perkins guilty of the charge of second degree murder. On the second charge of escape and evading the court we find the defendant Georgia Louise Holmes Perkins Guilty. For her crimes, we the jury recommend the penalty of death by lethal injection.

Georgia begins to cry.

Cut To:

Int. Red Porsche – Day

Richard is driving in a red Porsche. After a while of driving, he pulls up to a foster home. He parks the car out front and he gets out.

Ext. Foster Home – Day

Richard gets out and walks to the house. When he gets to the door, he rings the doorbell. A woman named Paula comes to the door and answers it.

RICHARD
Hello. I would like to look into adopting one of the children here at this home.

PAULA
Hello. Please, come in.

RICHARD
Thank you.

Richard walks into the house.

Int. Foster Home – Day

Richard walks with Paula into the office. Paula sits down at a desk and Richard sits down in a chair in the room.

PAULA
Well, this is the office. My name is Paula Horatio.

RICHARD
My name is Rick Carter. I was told of the name “Julia Perkins” while I was looking into this. I heard all about her, while I was on the phone with the legal department.

PAULA
Oh. They are not supposed to give out names and information like that. Hmm. But, I can show you Julia.

RICHARD
Oh, that would be nice.

PAULA
You heard about…

RICHARD
Yeah. I was an orphan myself. I can relate to it.

PAULA
Oh. Well, I’ll take you to her.

They get up and walk to the back door. Before they exit the building, Paula stops to tell Richard something.

PAULA
I must tell you, she’s a strange girl. She’s always talking about her father, the one who got murdered. And she’s always gardening.

RICHARD
Oh.

PAULA
Anyway, let’s go see her.

They leave the house.

Ext. Foster Home Garden – Day

As they leave the house, they look over to Julia, who is gardening.

RICHARD
Do you think you could leave us alone, for a minute?

PAULA
(hesitant)
Uhh…Yeah, sure. I’ll be in the office if you need me.

RICHARD
Okay.

Paula goes back in the building. After Paula leaves, Richard begins to walk over to Julia. He hears Julia talking.

JULIA
We make pretty flowers, mommy.

As he is walking over to Julia, Richard sees pills scattered all over the ground.

JULIA
Oh, look here comes daddy.

Richard sees the bottle and the cap of the pills (along with the pills) all over the ground.

RICHARD
Julia? I need to you help me help your mommy.

JULIA
Daddy wants me to take me away from you, Mommy. But we won’t let him. Will we? Sorry daddy.

RICHARD
Julia!

Julia takes her spade and stabs at “daddy”. She cuts and jabs at him, but she is just swinging it at the air. She stabs into the ground. After completing the “murder” she looks over at Richard and shakes her head: “no”.

She gets up and begins to walk over to him with the spade.

Richard, as he is walking backwards, trips on a brick and falls down. Julia runs over to him and brings

"I could dance with you until the cows come home...on second thought I'd rather dance with the cows when you come home."

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Everyone Join The New Film Boards! http://moviefan.proboards20.com
Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62042
09/12/03 11:41 PM
09/12/03 11:41 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
oh shit man, that's pretty good. i can't read it all in one sitting but up to the part where the lady "doesn't exist" is pretty good. i'll read more tomorrow. -Pat grin

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62043
09/13/03 01:38 PM
09/13/03 01:38 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
Thanks Pat. By the way, if anybody wants a synopsis, I posted one under greatest plot twists of all time.

Thanks.

"I could dance with you until the cows come home...on second thought I'd rather dance with the cows when you come home."

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62044
09/13/03 10:50 PM
09/13/03 10:50 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
I decided to post the synopsis here too. Anyway, here it is...

After her husband's murder, a woman, Ingrid Hoffman, comes to Detective Richard Carter to find the killer. His number one suspect is her but he does some snooping around anyway. This is just the beginning of the plot of pulling Richard into the conspiracy and him finding the "SECRETS IN THE GARDEN"!

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62045
09/15/03 10:01 PM
09/15/03 10:01 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Hmmm.....well it is very different from "Thugs".
I don't know what to make of it. It is very strange, and I didn't understand the ending. And what happened to Lamar and Ingrid? There is a lot that isn't explained.

How am I not myself?
Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62046
09/16/03 04:16 PM
09/16/03 04:16 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
Originally posted by Omar Suarez:
Hmmm.....well it is very different from "Thugs".
I don't know what to make of it. It is very strange, and I didn't understand the ending. And what happened to Lamar and Ingrid? There is a lot that isn't explained.
I purposely wrote it that way so the audience would have to watch it a couple times to understand what they think happened by putting clues all over the script. I'll tell you exactly what happened, though.

SPOLIERS:

Kevin, the cop, was the sniper murderer killing everybody, including Julia. In the scene where he is in the woods with Richard he fires six shots, just like during every other killing, and drops a business card. He was the one who killed Lamar and the woman claiming to be Ingrid. It was a McGuffin...it was supposed to make people think the ending would have to do with them...but it didn't.

About the ending...

If you remember Julia takes medicene. She needed the medicene to be mentally stable. The day of the murder of her father she didn't take it and she killed him. She didn't take her medicine in the garden during the last scene and she once again went crazy.

I'm sorry you didn't get it. I hope this helps you.

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62047
09/16/03 04:20 PM
09/16/03 04:20 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
By the way Omar,

Honostly, did you like it or not?

Thanks for reading the script.

THUG

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62048
09/16/03 04:21 PM
09/16/03 04:21 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Originally posted by thug:
She didn't take her medicine in the garden during the last scene and she once again went crazy.

I'm sorry you didn't get it. I hope this helps you.
SPOILERS!!! eek
Thank you for responding. Now that you explain it, it starts to make sense. But I have one more question: Who (if anyone) did Julia kill in the end?

How am I not myself?
Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62049
09/16/03 04:23 PM
09/16/03 04:23 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
She was trying to kill Richard, because he knew, but she failed. In the end the only two people she killed were her father, and the man claming to be her father.

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62050
09/17/03 03:19 PM
09/17/03 03:19 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
I doesn't really say it but the audience is lead to believe she was executed.

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62051
09/19/03 02:36 PM
09/19/03 02:36 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
Hey Pat,

Did you get a chance to read anymore?

Thug

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62052
09/19/03 02:48 PM
09/19/03 02:48 PM
D
Don Giorgio Gambino Offline
Underboss
Don Giorgio Gambino  Offline
D
Underboss
Thug man!

Sorry I didn't had time to read it man, but I DID yesterday and I must say it kept me on the edge of my seat, wanting for more.

But you left 2 questions unanswered:

1. Why did Kevin killed people? Why did he killed Lamar?

2. If that woman claiming to be Ingrid wasn't, then who she was?

Thanks. Good script.

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62053
09/19/03 09:34 PM
09/19/03 09:34 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
Originally posted by Don Giorgio Gambino:
Thug man!

Sorry I didn't had time to read it man, but I DID yesterday and I must say it kept me on the edge of my seat, wanting for more.

But you left 2 questions unanswered:

1. Why did Kevin killed people? Why did he killed Lamar?

2. If that woman claiming to be Ingrid wasn't, then who she was?

Thanks. Good script.

Giorgio Luigi Gambino
First of all I want to thank you Don Giorgio Luigi Gambino, for reading this script, and all my scripts. And now I'll answer some more questions...

SPOILERS:

1. Kevin was, for a lack of a better word, Richard's guardian angel. In the begining, and even up to the end, Kevin, in the form of the sniper killer, seemed like a villan. He killed Ingrid and Richard's seceratary; he killed Lamar; he fired shots at Richard; he killed Harvey. But when Kevin killed Julia, he saved Richard's life. It makes you think that maybe these other people could have also been able to kill Richard and he saved his live on those occassions.

2. The idenity of "Ingrid" doesn't really matter. Richard may have wanted to know who she was in the begining, but after this whole ordeal, I think he may get a new day job...

Thug

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62054
09/21/03 12:19 AM
09/21/03 12:19 AM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
Did this help you at all, DGG?

Thug

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62055
09/30/03 05:40 PM
09/30/03 05:40 PM
world
thug Offline OP
Underboss
thug  Offline OP
Underboss
world
I am currently working on a sequel to "Secrets In The Garden". Although it doesn't have the same characters, it has similar characters and situations. The plot is: After commiting murder in a dream, a man wakes up to find the person he killed in his sleep, was murdered the night before. It's Fellini meets Hitchcock.

Thug

Groucho Marx - Duck Soup

--------------------

Re: From The Writer Of "Thugs"! Please Read And Critique My New Screenplay! #62056
09/30/03 08:46 PM
09/30/03 08:46 PM
ATL
Omar Suarez Offline
Underboss
Omar Suarez  Offline
Underboss
ATL
Originally posted by thug:
I am currently working on a sequel to "Secrets In The Garden". Although it doesn't have the same characters, it has similar characters and situations. The plot is: After commiting murder in a dream, a man wakes up to find the person he killed in his sleep, was murdered the night before. It's Fellini meets Hitchcock.

Thug
Sounds interesting. I would like to read when it's ready. smile

How am I not myself?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull