GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (TheKillingJoke, furio_from_naples, 1 invisible), 356 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,840
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,307
Posts1,058,320
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: Beenaround] #894761
09/23/16 05:57 PM
09/23/16 05:57 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
jojo was a drunk..nick was respected far and above jojo always.. nick was going to kill jr gotti according to sources ,if he was being bless boss by gotti's what kill jr.. he was not even considered consiglieri .jojo got it ..it was only gossip started by nicky and his crew..

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #894768
09/23/16 06:17 PM
09/23/16 06:17 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
andrew DiDontaro a corezzo associate in the 80s and 90s he said weeks before nicky was arrested he told him and mike yannotti that they were to kill junior gotti if nicky got arrested nicky was angry that junior was cheating him out of that phone scam. According to andrew the murder never happened because junior got indicted and nicky never gave the go ahead. He also said nicky told him he was going to "step up" and take over the family and that he would now have to report to Lenny DiMaria.

talks alot of shit in his book andrew so not sure how much is truth a few interesting stories like how in the 80s how the corezzo crew had beef with some lucheses a couple of guys got killed and a few shootings. In the 90s aswell alot of detail on the 1996 robert arena murder and on billy cutlo junior

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: gangstereport] #894777
09/23/16 07:12 PM
09/23/16 07:12 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
hello report, nicky was pinched several years before jr i believe 96 jr pinched 98..nicky was giving jr 10% of the phone cards, there was no beef about phone cards between those two..do i think nicky would have made a sneak move vs jr..yes. no doubt about if they both do not get pinched..jr was no boss, nicky seen that in him..he would have to kill jr to get to that spot..which ever other family would have been very happy about it..would nicky have made a good boss, not sure he has made some bad decisions thats why he keeps going back to prison..my opinion he would ha ve been a great dellcroce replacement..

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: IvyLeague] #894865
09/24/16 10:47 PM
09/24/16 10:47 PM
T
tt120 Offline
Capo
tt120  Offline
T
Capo
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: tt120
trucchio and mastrangelo crews were definitely the most active, biggest, and going harder than anyone else when it came to traditional street shit. i think that was one crew (joe corozzo) and split into two, and now after the bust in 2011 or 2012 im guessing it merged back to one crew. those two crews were all over queens doing wild shit, making tons of $. i wonder what trucchios status will be when he comes home. everyone on these boards says he got taken down or is on the shelf but whats that based on? a rumor that he got slapped by vernace?

re: romanello's crew... how big/active is it? who are some crew members?

If I remember right, Capeci confirmed Trucchio being demoted in one of his articles.

yeah, you're right. i think i remember it being written about in a GL (interesting enough, after the rumor was posted on these boards)

as reported in GL, it had something to do with Trucchio trying to sever himself from the other codefendants and pleading guilty - causing problems for the other guys. and also there was a little tiff with him and Joe Corozzo the lawyer. but i also remember reading Vernace had something to do with in, and reading (rumor, second hand, etc...) on the boards that someone, either Roccaforte or Vernace, slapped Trucchio in jail

im just wondering if that was the case, how good is Vernace's word for? is there an expiration date on that? say vernace busts trucchio down and "shelves" him... trucchio is still coming out of jail a young guy, coming home to a crew with guys loyal to him that he's been committing crimes with since he was a kid. Vernace is old, serving a life sentence, inactive for all intents and purposes, and could kick the bucket in prison before Trucchio even comes home. what then? his word still carries weight? i always wondered how things liked that worked with these guys.

the trucchio crew i always found interesting. theres not a lot of info out there on Al Trucchio or his dad even, but both seemed to be very poweful guys. Al must have been something serious, because afaik he was made before he was 25 years old, and full Capo by 29 or 30. his crew seemed like one of the biggest and most active not just in the gambinos but in the entire city

Last edited by tt120; 09/24/16 10:48 PM.
Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #894866
09/24/16 11:15 PM
09/24/16 11:15 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
it was al trucherio who i think drove past the fed and that rat santos having that meeting. I thought it was more to do with his beef with the corezzos when they all got busted they were angry about how he was defending himself i think it was the plea deal thats what that argument with joseph corezzo was about joseph said something like everyman for himself al and truccherio told corezzo to come and say that to his face.

He was worth millions when he was arrested very interesting guy he was at that meeting with ligambi nicky skins all of those guys he is on the tapes when the feds went to bust him they raided the wrong house the feds got surveillance of him jo jo corezzo and venace meeting i think that photo was used at trial against venace to prove that he was still a organized crime member

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #894894
09/25/16 01:32 PM
09/25/16 01:32 PM
Connecticut (CT)
CTamg63 Offline
Button
CTamg63  Offline
Button
Connecticut (CT)
Good last couple posts Alphonse was definetely the one that saw Santos meeting with the fed...what luck huh hes just coming around the block and sees one a his guys meeting with a fed. I cant even imagine that he probably shit himself and at the same time wanted to off santos immediately lol forget truchio imagine how santos felt lol caught out ratting like the scum he is anyways.. I wonder about truchio when he gets out you guys made very valid points hes respected got a younger loyal crew hell of an earner i kknow bobby supposedly smacked him in jail and word was he got demoted orbwhatever but i cant not see him being a major player when he gets out he could very well get that captain spot back sooner than later as far as i see it hes already proven he can run a a strong crew and like i said before he earns he gets respect from his guys the one thing that im not sure of is whats going on with his boy Roc michael roccaforte im almost positive hes made already and if not i could almost guarantee he will be when hes out if hes not already..at one point i lnow that Roc and alphonse were real tight both came up together and Roc gets respect on the street from regular street guys and made guys i know he is definetely an up and comer like truchio hes young he gets money the part im not sure of is i heard they had a falling out and that could def cause problems with that crew when they are out Roc is a leader he was very very close to alphonse so he had no problem playing his position but if what i heard was true it will cause problems again please dont jump all over me if im wrong on this as i stated i wasnt 100pct positive they ay very well still be very close and if they are they are def young guys to watch but if there not getting along then it could be interesting how it plays out i rarely post things im unsure of so we'll see if anyone knows whats up with them let me know

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #895901
10/08/16 08:46 PM
10/08/16 08:46 PM
F
FrankieTheWop Offline
Associate
FrankieTheWop  Offline
F
Associate
This is all bullcrap. First off there is no one ever going to slap Trucchio. Second off a guy like him is too valuable to even be thought of about being put on the shelf. Im sure whenever he gets out hes gonna be back in the same position he was w much more respect and much more power. When a guy like that comes home, everyone will fall in line. All these things you all are talking about are based on bullshit rumors.

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: FrankieTheWop] #895902
10/08/16 09:25 PM
10/08/16 09:25 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: FrankieTheWop
This is all bullcrap. First off there is no one ever going to slap Trucchio. Second off a guy like him is too valuable to even be thought of about being put on the shelf. Im sure whenever he gets out hes gonna be back in the same position he was w much more respect and much more power. When a guy like that comes home, everyone will fall in line. All these things you all are talking about are based on bullshit rumors.

1) there really was argument between joseph corezzo and alphonse truccherio that is a true story it was in front of loads of people in court

During a pre-trial session an argument developed between Trucchio and Corrozo’s lawyer his son Joseph.

“Hey Al, so it’s every man for himself, now,” said Corozzo.
“Why don’t you come here and say that to my face,” replied Trucchio, as he kept moving toward the elevator.
“So, I’m not a man now,” snapped the lawyer, with a look of disgust on his face.

now whenever that was the reason for him getting shelved who knows but we do know the corezzos were not happy with how he was defending himself

2)it was capeci i think who reported he had been demoted i have never heard about him being shelved capeci has been proven to be accurate on alot of things in the past

3) so you can predict the future now? you know how the gambinos will look at truccherio when he gets out we have no idea what will happen. Also dont act like you know what is bullshit and what is truth you have no idea like the majority on this site we wont know unless someone flips all we have his people like capeci reporting on it who like i said before is normally accurate but his information his limited.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #895913
10/08/16 11:22 PM
10/08/16 11:22 PM
J
JoeyRuks Offline
Associate
JoeyRuks  Offline
J
Associate
Who even listens to Capeci anyways??? Hes so full of crap himself I wouldnt even read his column.

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #895938
10/09/16 10:58 AM
10/09/16 10:58 AM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Some say Vernace got demoted for slapping Trucchip, no matter what Trucchio done that's a big no no.

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: TommyGambino] #895963
10/09/16 06:33 PM
10/09/16 06:33 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
where did that story come from? al didn't break his hole after that?

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #895965
10/09/16 06:53 PM
10/09/16 06:53 PM
F
FrankieTheWop Offline
Associate
FrankieTheWop  Offline
F
Associate
First off, Ive lived in that area of queen's for 40 years. I just recently moved out of state and i know that vernace and trucchio never had any disagreement let alone hands being raised. As far as Jerry Capeci goes, he also wrote an article stating that Trucchio got beat up in prison which he said was unconfirmed and two weeks later Trucchios lawyer made a statement on Capecis column basically calling the previous article bullshit.And Capecis only defense was he said it was unconfirmed. Capeci is nothing more than a gossip columnist for guys on the outside looking in.And as far as Trucchio fighting his case, from the last time I looked..he was sentenced to the most time out of all his codefendents including the lead defendent Corozzo. All these guys are home and hes still in prison. So who should be the one complaining about people fighting cases. From my understanding, he was the only one that wanted to go to trial and no one else did. Thats where the rift came. And as far as the argument with the lawyer, since when is there a rule for a guy like Trucchio is not allowed to argue or stick up for himself when he feels he was getting the shaft.
And about predicting the future, there is nothing to predict because all of the above that everyone's talking about NEVER OCCURRED. YOU NEED GUYS LIKE TRUCCHIO BACK IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD SO GIRLS DONT GET RAPED AND MURDERED IN HOWARD BEACH!

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #897263
10/29/16 03:24 PM
10/29/16 03:24 PM
I
InCamelot Offline OP
Button
InCamelot  Offline OP
I
Button
This thread was unexpectedly interesting, thanks everyone

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #897301
10/30/16 02:16 AM
10/30/16 02:16 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
The Bonannos started out in Williamsburg/Greenpoint almost a century ago and you can follow their progression basically up Metropolitan Avenue and into adjacent neighborhoods in Queens (i.e.: Maspeth, Ridgewood, Middle Village).

I think it's similar to the Newark Genovese, who moved northwest along Bloomfield Avenue.

I think some of the old Bushwick/Williamsburg Bonnanos sill reside in Ridegwood (such as Grimaldi and Amato).

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: yatescj7] #945884
07/05/18 07:39 AM
07/05/18 07:39 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted by yatescj7
Fat Andy Ruggiano had a strong Queens crew with a presence in Florida. As I have stated before there was one big Gambino crew led by Petey Pumps Ferrara back in the day that consisted of East NY Brooklyn guys.Billy Batts, John Gotti, Nicky Corrozzo, Jo Jo Corrozzo, Angelo Ruggiero, John and Charlie Carneglia Lenny DiMaria were just a few of the guys in the crew. It kind of mirrored Paulie Vario's East New York's BK Brownsville Crew.This crew eventually spread to Queens in the 70s(as did Vario's) and was split up between Charlie Wagons and Fat Andy as Capos. The Bonanno Family also had a crew that mirrored the Lucchese and Gambino early East New York/Queens crews that was once headed by Phil Giaccone (Joe Massino, Vinny Asaro were crew members) that was later a crew commanded by Joey Massino in Maspeth. These crews interacted a lot in hijacking and robberies such as Lufthansa.the Colombo Family also had a presence that mirrored the other 3 families and their guy in the area was Buster Aloi, who was tight with Sonny Franzese. Remember when Henry Hill took down Air France, they kicked up to Paul Vario and Buster Aloi. Why only those 2? Because it was 67, the Bonanno and Gambino Families were only starting to migrate to Queens. In 78 after Lufthansa, the Lucchese Fam had to partner with Vinny Asaro and kick in to Massino as the Bonanno had become one of the main crews in that area. I am sure the Gambino Family got a piece(albeit a small one) of that stake.

The Bonano's had an East New York crew in addition to their Bushwick crew? Or are you thinking of the same crew? The Bushwick crew consisted mainly of Zips and moved north to Ridgewood.

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: MightyDR] #945885
07/05/18 07:43 AM
07/05/18 07:43 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted by MightyDR
The Neil Migliore and Joey Laratro crew were originally from Corona, Queens. I read on a Mary Ferrel document that Laratro had bragged that he was the biggest guy in Queens, or that he could get anything done in Queens. This was in the late 50s, early 60s.

Sonny Franzese also operated out of Queens during his heyday. Big in Jackson Heights according to his son.

Also, I'm not sure about how much of a force he was in the area, but Gambino consigliere Joe Gallo was based in Astoria, Queens.

Joe Laratro the Luchese capo? He was Corona based? I had no idea Luchese (including Neil Migliore) had a Corona faction. I thought it was all Genovese and Bonanno.

Anyone have more info on this lineage?

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: Flushing] #945907
07/05/18 06:04 PM
07/05/18 06:04 PM
M
MightyDR Offline
Underboss
MightyDR  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted by Flushing
The Neil Migliore and Joey Laratro crew were originally from Corona, Queens. I read on a Mary Ferrel document that Laratro had bragged that he was the biggest guy in Queens, or that he could get anything done in Queens. This was in the late 50s, early 60s.

Sonny Franzese also operated out of Queens during his heyday. Big in Jackson Heights according to his son.

Also, I'm not sure about how much of a force he was in the area, but Gambino consigliere Joe Gallo was based in Astoria, Queens.

Joe Laratro the Luchese capo? He was Corona based? I had no idea Luchese (including Neil Migliore) had a Corona faction. I thought it was all Genovese and Bonanno.

Looking through some of these files it seems Laratro and Migliore both came up in Corona.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc...eId=66&search=neil_migliore%20corona

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc...migliore+corona#relPageId=5&tab=page

In this interview with an FBI agent, Laratro says he used to be a bookmaker in Corona, and is now the president of Migliore Funeral Home, which is also in Corona.
https://ibb.co/eRRzzy

Judging by where they lived and were arrested they both seem to have later moved operations to Long Island.

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: pmac] #945942
07/05/18 09:55 PM
07/05/18 09:55 PM
D
doggystyle Offline
Capo
doggystyle  Offline
D
Capo
Originally Posted by pmac
This weeks gangland is about the feds trying to build a new case against asoro and his queens guys doing home invasions. So id expect some type of case coming against him his son and all the cousins.

Can you please link these episodes?

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: MightyDR] #945953
07/06/18 01:03 AM
07/06/18 01:03 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo

Looking through some of these files it seems Laratro and Migliore both came up in Corona.

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc...eId=66&search=neil_migliore%20corona

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc...migliore+corona#relPageId=5&tab=page

In this interview with an FBI agent, Laratro says he used to be a bookmaker in Corona, and is now the president of Migliore Funeral Home, which is also in Corona.
https://ibb.co/eRRzzy

Judging by where they lived and were arrested they both seem to have later moved operations to Long Island.

Thank you for that.

I have passed that business (Coppola-Migliore Funeral Home) several hundred times and never considered that it was the same Migliore.

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #946093
07/07/18 08:40 PM
07/07/18 08:40 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

did a quick google joe narrows a chicago tribune article pops up when laratro dies in 1989 in florida a ton of mobsters showed up for his funeral basically all the chicago heavys at that time. he was only 73 must have took off when vic n gas took over in 87

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #946100
07/07/18 10:40 PM
07/07/18 10:40 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Anthony Pipitone is a force in Queens. His crew is all over the borough. Tough guys from Louie DeCicco's old crew.

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #946102
07/07/18 10:52 PM
07/07/18 10:52 PM
Z
Zero6245 Offline
Button
Zero6245  Offline
Z
Button
He’s a moron tho. Ya ever hear the story of him stabbing the two wrong teens in 2004?

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #946112
07/08/18 04:32 AM
07/08/18 04:32 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Currently it will have to be either the Corozzo crew of the Gambino crime family or the Persico crew of the Colombo crime family. Anthony Pipitone is a force but not that powerful, and has learned from past mistakes such as 2004. As for family, I will say the Bonanno's.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #946113
07/08/18 04:53 AM
07/08/18 04:53 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted by Giacomo_Vacari
Currently it will have to be either the Corozzo crew of the Gambino crime family or the Persico crew of the Colombo crime family. Anthony Pipitone is a force but not that powerful, and has learned from past mistakes such as 2004. As for family, I will say the Bonanno's.

In what neighborhood is the Persico crew active? How many members do you suspect theu have?

Thanks

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #946114
07/08/18 05:41 AM
07/08/18 05:41 AM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
The Persico Crew has historically been linked to Brooklyn. Carmine Persico was always active in Brooklyn and the recent cases surrounding the Colombos have been based in Brooklyn. In fact, Colombo activity in Queens has been comparatively low compared to the other four families and compared to their strength in Brooklyn. If you look at indictments over the last twenty years, you'll see that most Colombo gangsters' crimes either take place in Brooklyn or Long Island. Sure, there are a handful of cases in Queens and Staten Island but none involving the Persicos.

The only current active "Persico crew" is the one that is run/ran by Teddy Persico Jr., who has been described as a potential heir to the family (he is serving ten years for racketeering at the moment and scheduled for release in 2020.) Teddy Persico Jr.'s crew has always been Brooklyn-based. I can provide evidence if needed, but a quick google search will show you. The 2011 indictment detailed how Big Anthony Russo, another Brooklyn-based mobster, was Teddy's acting capo and the entire crew was seemingly Brooklyn-based. In Teddy Jr.'s 2005 indictment which involved his brother Sean and cousin Andre D'Apice, that was also based entirely in Brooklyn.

Giacomo, are there any specific Persicos which you think run things in Queens? Also, which Colombos are Queens powerhouses?

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: NickyfromTampa] #946119
07/08/18 08:45 AM
07/08/18 08:45 AM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa
The Persico Crew has historically been linked to Brooklyn. Carmine Persico was always active in Brooklyn and the recent cases surrounding the Colombos have been based in Brooklyn. In fact, Colombo activity in Queens has been comparatively low compared to the other four families and compared to their strength in Brooklyn. If you look at indictments over the last twenty years, you'll see that most Colombo gangsters' crimes either take place in Brooklyn or Long Island. Sure, there are a handful of cases in Queens and Staten Island but none involving the Persicos.

The only current active "Persico crew" is the one that is run/ran by Teddy Persico Jr., who has been described as a potential heir to the family (he is serving ten years for racketeering at the moment and scheduled for release in 2020.) Teddy Persico Jr.'s crew has always been Brooklyn-based. I can provide evidence if needed, but a quick google search will show you. The 2011 indictment detailed how Big Anthony Russo, another Brooklyn-based mobster, was Teddy's acting capo and the entire crew was seemingly Brooklyn-based. In Teddy Jr.'s 2005 indictment which involved his brother Sean and cousin Andre D'Apice, that was also based entirely in Brooklyn.

Giacomo, are there any specific Persicos which you think run things in Queens? Also, which Colombos are Queens powerhouses?

The only recent Colombo activity that I had heard of was the dust up over the Napa and Sonoma restaurant in Whitestone. Apparently two Colombo associates broke all the windows of the restaurant and were chased down by the Bonannos. I can't find any links to it, but this NY Post story covers it without mentioning that the "other" family was Colombo: https://nypost.com/2010/08/04/stabbing-pains-for-mob-crew/

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #946124
07/08/18 09:13 AM
07/08/18 09:13 AM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss

who is the current corozzo crew capo ?
is it jimmy delaretta ?

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: Flushing] #946133
07/08/18 04:45 PM
07/08/18 04:45 PM
NickyfromTampa Offline
BANNED
NickyfromTampa  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
Originally Posted by NickyfromTampa

The only recent Colombo activity that I had heard of was the dust up over the Napa and Sonoma restaurant in Whitestone. Apparently two Colombo associates broke all the windows of the restaurant and were chased down by the Bonannos. I can't find any links to it, but this NY Post story covers it without mentioning that the "other" family was Colombo: https://nypost.com/2010/08/04/stabbing-pains-for-mob-crew/

When acting consigliere Ralph Lombardo was arrested in 2003 for loansharking, most of his crew lived in either Queens or Long Island. https://nypost.com/2003/06/18/911-no-excuse-to-mobs-loan-thugs/
A later Gang Land Article mentioned that Lombardo operated in Queens and Long Island.
"Lombardo earned his mob stripes in Middle Village, Queens under Joe Colombo crony Vincent Aloi during the 1960s and ‘70s. Following five years behind bars for a 1974 stock fraud conviction, he relocated to North Babylon, while maintaining a social club in Middle Village. The club’s gone now, and Lombardo has since hunkered down in Bellmore."

Whatever the case, I think most Queens activity fell by the wayside probably around the time Joe Scopo was whacked. Larry Mazza mentioned in his book that when Vic Orena was in charge he emphasized inducting Queens guys over Brooklyn guys in order to consolidate power. Take that how you will, but the implication there is that Orena didn't want to make Brooklyn guys because that's where Persico's power-base was. Guys like the Russo Cousins (cousins of the Persicos, Chucky and JoJo Russo) were Brooklyn-based according to the book, as was Teddy Persico Sr. and Jr. The only Brooklyn guys that Vic did induct (according to Mazza's book) were guys in Wild Bill's crew because Bill was an Orena supporter.
After the war, in terms of busts and indictments (of which the Colombos have had MANY), it doesn't look like Queens has that much Colombo activity anymore. Yes there is still some, but certainly not as much. The argument could be made that maybe the Queens Colombos have been staying low-key, but I'd counter that this is the COLOMBOS we're talking about.... the gung-ho, ghetto-banging crime family. From the 1990s-late 2000s, their leadership and inner workings have pretty much been made an open book by informers and rats, so I think if there was some big Queens power, we'd know about it.

Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #946134
07/08/18 05:38 PM
07/08/18 05:38 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Meyer, Jimmy leaves himself exposed more often then he should, so I don't think he is the Capo, but a highly trusted member of the crew, acts more like a right hand man, than a Capo. That is my opinion.

Nicky, The Russo's have been taking guys off the self from the third Colombo war. They have been grabbing guys from the Colombo brothers crew since Anthony Colombo passed away last year. Juniors crew supervises them, and that is why I call them the Persico crew. Andy Russo and Jerry Clamenza uncle Jack had some talks, and since then I believe Green Eyes has come back into the folds, but I don't think Chris Colombo has come back as he is still in Orange County New York. The Aloi crew took many hits and the Colombo brothers moved into areas to take over as there really wasnt anyone saying overwise as they were not stepping on anyone's toes. They were shelved and did not give up the gangster life style.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Strongest capo/toughest crew from Queens? [Re: InCamelot] #946135
07/08/18 05:41 PM
07/08/18 05:41 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Ralph Scopo Jr death, is where I had wrote them off in Queens, but the Colombo have guys all over in Queens. Let Serp weigh in on this.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull