GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (chin_gigante, 1 invisible), 139 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,119
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,719
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: American Idol #61431
05/22/03 12:31 AM
05/22/03 12:31 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
And where are everyone else's opinions on this? Sheesh!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: American Idol #61432
05/22/03 12:40 AM
05/22/03 12:40 AM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
There's plenty of heavy guys who are out of breathe, huge, and so on. The lead singer of Blue's Travler, for example, used to be HUUUUUUUGE... And still put on great shows. Ruben has been out of breathe when he sings; but he was still able to sing pretty damn good, even out of breathe. That doesn't mean his talent is any less... He'll still put out good music.

Basically... I have to agree completely with your second paragraph. It SHOULD be about the music. But, one thing is... FOR ANY TRUE MUSICIAN, THAT'S WHAT IT'S ABOUT. I'm sure Ruben and Clay, who are true musicians(singers, I should say), would know that it's their music we should be listening and voting for... Not the image. And I'm just saying that's why I like Ruben better; his musical style and vocals, and not his image. I don't like Clay's style too much. And, I can also say I like alot of popular music. Green Day, Nirvana, Goo Goo Dolls, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage Against The Machine, Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash, etc... Popular, but never the less, good.

What's being a pop star really; deep inside -- at the core and in the beginning -- about? Music. What are they doing? Singing and making music. What do teens and media make it into? Image... BUT, what it should and really is about is the music. Weather it be rock, rap, pop, country; it's the music, not the image. And that's why Ruben should have, and did, win. More people like his music style than they did Clay.

We'll see about that... I'll have fifty extra bucks in my pocket; and you'll be fifty bucks poorer. tongue We'll see when Ruben has a number one album, with hits from his CD. grin

Now... I'm gonna get back on my vacation. Just came back to this one topic for tonight since it was the finale of American Idol. I said I'd be gone a couple weeks at first; but I'll be busy within the next month. Should be back mid to late June. I'll probably check in tomorrow -- and every now and then -- just on this thread. Besides that... I'm off like a dirty shirt. See ya.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: American Idol #61433
05/22/03 01:45 AM
05/22/03 01:45 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
BTW - That song Ruben sang last night (that I don't particularly like, but whatever), it's being released as a CD single tomorrow morning. And it'll sell fairly well, cuz the buzz is still going. We'll see how it does. But a year from now, if it was released then, it wouldn't sell 2 copies (LDV being the one to buy it lol )

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: American Idol #61434
05/22/03 10:39 AM
05/22/03 10:39 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
JG - you think you know me....

I won't be buying it. I didn't like it. It bored me the first time he sung it and it never grew on me after that.

I wasn't home last night to watch the whole finale. I got home just in time to see the announcement of the winner. I was pretty apathetic in hearing it.

I love Ruben's voice and his style of singing. I dont feel Ruben has the "image" to be an "Idol" and I dont feel it has anything to do with his weight. I feel he is boring and limited as a performer. He lacks the charisma and charm that Clay has as a performer.

When you think that in regards to the top 3 - this was the best talent and image for singers in America? All 3 very, very talented, but all proved they did not fit the cookie-cutter specifications you would think make an idol these days.

But in 5 years, where will Kelly and Ruben be, REALLY?

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: American Idol #61435
05/22/03 10:46 AM
05/22/03 10:46 AM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
Kelly Clarkson has only had that one song 'A Moment Like This' and after that, she sort of dis-appeared. I had forgotten about her until she made that appearance last night on the finale. I can't wait for the new 'American Juniors' to start. I want to hear the HORRIBLE little voices in the auditions and what their parents have to say when they get rejected.

"You got to lose to know... how to win."
Re: American Idol #61436
05/22/03 11:45 AM
05/22/03 11:45 AM
Here, There and Every where
Don Mafia Offline
Capo
Don Mafia  Offline
Capo
Here, There and Every where
I love watching stage mom's freak out because their kid sucks and they just can't get over it! I think that the Jouniors might have better voices then the American Idols.

I knew Ruben would win! I dont like that Clay, he seems too fruity for me. But, YAY RUBEN!

"If a man could be truly judged by his words, you would be a fool."
Re: American Idol #61437
05/22/03 04:29 PM
05/22/03 04:29 PM
New Zealand
Anton The Penguin Offline
Underboss
Anton The Penguin  Offline
Underboss
New Zealand
ROOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but the final was last night...

I am not sure whether he will last or not. Kelly Clarkson was not very good, but Ruben is an idol. People love this cuddly velvet teddly bear, and I think they'll stick with him longer than most crappy reality music things (remember Hear'say? rolleyes ) He's very good, and I think he will last well. It is very good that he won: why? Because Clay will make it anyway. He's an instant superstar, barely lost, and has one of the greatest voices I've heard. I think he will get somewhere.

Ruben is better...Clay is too much of a crooner for a pop idol...Ruben is very likeable and very talented.

I'll say it again: ROOOOOOOOOOO!!!

-Penguin

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisioned
Only after the last fish has been caught

Then you will find that money cannot be eaten.
Re: American Idol #61438
05/22/03 06:34 PM
05/22/03 06:34 PM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
Originally posted by Don Mafia:
I love watching stage mom's freak out because their kid sucks and they just can't get over it! I think that the Jouniors might have better voices then the American Idols.
EXACTLY! Have you seen the commercials where the dad gets ticked off because his kid didn't get picked? HA!

I dont like that Clay, he seems too fruity for me.

AMEN, Sister !!

"You got to lose to know... how to win."
Re: American Idol #61439
05/23/03 10:24 PM
05/23/03 10:24 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
From AP -
Studdard, who edged Clay Aiken to win the second "American Idol" competition on Wednesday, has already been signed to J Records, founded by music mogul Clive Davis. And his first single, "Flying Without Wings," which Studdard sang during the competition, will be released next week.

So I can just imagine LDV either on Amazon or down at a local Target waiting to pick this up. And AL also - I can see him with his Ruben shirt on waiting to get it also. lol

While Thin Clemenzia and JGeoff will probably be outside the stores protesting - claiming it was fixed. tongue

Re: American Idol #61440
05/24/03 01:40 PM
05/24/03 01:40 PM
USA
Thin Clemenza Offline
Made Member
Thin Clemenza  Offline
Made Member
USA
Clay lost. Whoopdefreakindo. However, he has...
1.Millions of obsessive fans who will watch his interviews, buy his CDs, and support him in anything.
2.A single that is about to go platinum by preorder alone.
3.An album coming out in November.
4.A recording deal with Clive Davis.
5.Fame, fortune, and basically anything he wants.

Sounds pretty good to me!
I was so upset when he lost I cried for about an hour, but now that I think it out, Clayton is one lucky man.

Hello Carlo. ~Clemenza
Look how they massacred my boy! ~Vito Corleone
I've frisked a thousand young punks ~Sgt. McKlusky
Re: American Idol #61441
05/24/03 01:43 PM
05/24/03 01:43 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I was worried about you, TC grin

You are absolutely right, that's why I wasn't that upset... but I still believe Clay's professional singing career will outlast Ruben's.

I'll buy both their CD's when they come out. They both deserved it.

Re: American Idol #61442
05/24/03 04:37 PM
05/24/03 04:37 PM
New Zealand
Anton The Penguin Offline
Underboss
Anton The Penguin  Offline
Underboss
New Zealand
Originally posted by Thin Clemenza:
4.A recording deal with Clive Davis.
Did he get a recording deal with Clive Davis? But he didn't win? What makes Ruben better off than him? On the whole, I'm glad. Clay and Ruben are both wonderful, they both deserve to go somewhere.

-Penguin

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisioned
Only after the last fish has been caught

Then you will find that money cannot be eaten.
Re: American Idol #61443
05/26/03 05:17 PM
05/26/03 05:17 PM
Boston, Ma
G
Guineapig Offline
Underboss
Guineapig  Offline
G
Underboss
Boston, Ma
Ruben the fat black man won right? After seeing him I can not help but wonder how long it's going to take that fat piece of shit to die from eating fast food. How long do you think it's going to take?

Re: American Idol #61444
05/26/03 05:36 PM
05/26/03 05:36 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Is that the first "Idol" over there guys? Judging by the ones that have happened over here over the past coupla years, the careers never surpass three months!

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: American Idol #61445
05/26/03 05:37 PM
05/26/03 05:37 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally posted by Guineapig:
that fat piece of shit
Nice rolleyes eek

Re: American Idol #61446
05/26/03 05:38 PM
05/26/03 05:38 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Is that the first "Idol" over there guys?
It was the second one, CdLCN - last years winner had a #1 album for, I think about 5 minutes... a year after she won

Re: American Idol #61447
06/06/03 02:36 PM
06/06/03 02:36 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
(from Billboard/Yahoo )

Studdard, Aiken Singles to Go Head-To-Head
Thu Jun 5, 9:38 PM ET

By Barry A. Jeckell

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Consumers will vote with their dollars next week when "American Idol" winner Ruben Studdard's debut single is released on the same day as that of runner-up Clay Aiken.

Both singles are due out next Tuesday (June 10), less than three weeks after the finale of the Fox reality show/talent contest's second season.

Studdard's J Records single will feature his version of Westlife's "Flying Without Wings" and his cover of the Carpenters' "Superstar."

RCA will issue Aiken's rendition of Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and the original song "This Is the Night," written by Aldo Nova (news), Gary Burr, and Chris Braide (news). The singers performed each of the songs during the "Idol" contest.

Both artists are expected to release their debut albums in September. RCA Music Group chairman and J Records founder Clive Davis will executive produce both.

Studdard will return home to Birmingham, Ala., on Sunday to make a video for "Flying Without Wings." The Eric White-directed clip may be shot in the city's Linn Park, with local fans invited to take part in the "welcome home" celebration. At deadline the site had not yet been confirmed, according to a label representative.

Studdard and Aiken will be seen promoting their singles Tuesday on "The Oprah Winfrey (news) Show." The "American Idol" -themed episode of the syndicated show will also feature first season runner-up Justin Guarini, whose self-titled RCA album will be released that day.

A third "American Idol" season is planned. A banner on the show's Web site (http://www.idolonfox.com) says only that it will return in 2004, but gives no exact dates for the competition or audition information.

###

Re: American Idol #61448
06/19/03 07:11 AM
06/19/03 07:11 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I told you it was fixed!! tongue Here's my proof:

Aiken, Studdard Storm Pop Singles Chart

Wed Jun 18, 4:36 PM ET
By Fred Bronson

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - The top two "American Idol" contestants capture the top two spots on Billboard's Hot 100, as Clay Aiken's "This Is the Night" (RCA) debuts at No. 1 and Ruben Studdard's "Flying Without Wings" (J Records) opens at No. 2. It's the first time in the 45-year history of the Hot 100 that the top two positions are new entries.

Aiken's "This Is the Night" is the first song to debut at No. 1 on the Hot 100 since 1998, and the first since chart rules were changed to allow airplay-only tracks to appear on the chart alongside commercially released singles. Those new chart policies make it almost impossible for a song to enter the chart in pole position, or in the top-5, but the massive sales on the two "Idol" singles made their historic debuts possible.

Aiken's single sold nearly 393,000 copies and Studdard's single moved nearly 286,000 units, according to Nielsen SoundScan. "This Is the Night" boasts the biggest one-week sales figures since Elton John's "Candle in the Wind 1997."

Aiken was the runner-up on "American Idol," with just 130,000 votes out of 25 million separating him from Studdard's first-place finish. The winner was guaranteed a recording contract, but Aiken didn't know he would also have a record deal until he heard judge Simon Cowell announce on the series' finale that he and Studdard would have their singles released on the same day.

"This Is the Night" is the second No. 1 single by an "American Idol" contestant. Kelly Clarkson, winner of the series' first season competition, spent two weeks on top of the Hot 100 in October 2002 with "A Moment Like This" (RCA). Clarkson shares a No. 1 position this week in Billboard with Aiken, as her song "Miss Independent" moves to No. 1 on Billboard's Top 40 Tracks chart, which measures airplay at top 40 radio.

The Aiken and Studdard singles debut at No. 1 and No. 2 on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles Sales tally. The artists also appear on the No. 3 entry, the American Idol Finalists' "God Bless the U.S.A.," which had been No. 1 for eight weeks.

Reuters/Billboard

Re: American Idol #61449
07/17/03 12:37 AM
07/17/03 12:37 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:
[b]
As a side note I heard that Kimberly Caldwell got picked up on some Fox Sports type show - go figure. confused
How long before Playboy calls? Or do you think that is already in the works?
[/b]
The August issue of Maxim arrived today and who has a spread gracing the pages of this magazine? Yep, Kimberly Caldwell.

Though not Playboy, I called that one right, didn't I? And it only took a little over 2 months! Pics are somewhat sexy and tasteful.... rolleyes I dunno, I was never a Kim C. fan.

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: American Idol #61450
07/17/03 02:14 AM
07/17/03 02:14 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Gotta be better than her voice... Mmmm, Maxim... but Buff, that's a Mens' magazine... hello? Is nothing sacred any more? grin lol

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull