GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 544 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,123
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,384
Posts1,059,727
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: American Idol #61371
05/07/03 07:35 PM
05/07/03 07:35 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

No pity. But, hell..that's how most elections are run. I pity anyone running for office! I liked Josh last night for some reason. So the vote was legitimate. As long as Kimberly's butt is out of there.

*Beth taking the whole damm wine bottle from Geoff's hands.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: American Idol #61372
05/07/03 08:59 PM
05/07/03 08:59 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Whew - no shockers like last week...

Bottom Two: Kim and Josh...

R.I.P. Josh

Wow, Ryan... "Josh, you're out; Kim you're safe" -- no fucking around there... lol

Kim, you're next orange orange orange

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: American Idol #61373
05/07/03 09:11 PM
05/07/03 09:11 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Hey JGeoff what do you sit at your computer and begin typing as soon as they announce it lol

But you are right, no shock this week. Josh should have been gone last week, so he should be thankful to have gained another week.

And you are right with the way they announced it, you could tell they screwed up the time and when they came back from commercial they barely had enough time to run the video clip and he didn't even finish his song.

OK - so we agree - next week Kimberly.

Re: American Idol #61374
05/07/03 09:15 PM
05/07/03 09:15 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:
Hey JGeoff what do you sit at your computer and begin typing as soon as they announce it lol
AL and I do the live play-by-play on IM, then I post the results here. Sure, I'm a loser!! lol lol lol

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: American Idol #61375
05/07/03 09:20 PM
05/07/03 09:20 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Originally posted by J Geoff:
AL and I do the live play-by-play on IM, then I post the results here
And you have the balls to tell everyone that ??? lol tongue

Re: American Idol #61376
05/07/03 09:22 PM
05/07/03 09:22 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Hmmm... you may be right! blush Good thing AL's on BB vacation lol

Re: American Idol #61377
05/07/03 10:03 PM
05/07/03 10:03 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

See....noone needed worry about my 2 lousy votes for Josh. I predicted him next week. Kimberly needs to be the next one out of there. Or I'm killing Paula Abdul.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: American Idol #61378
05/07/03 11:37 PM
05/07/03 11:37 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA

Wow, Ryan... "Josh, you're out; Kim you're safe" -- no fucking around there... lol
I saw that too, I was like....whoa! I had sort of a delayed reaction, I guess still reeling from the whole Ford commercial with Pimp Daddy Ruben making Clay over eek

Josh's wife looks like she wants her man home already and he pretty much looked the past few weeks like he was tired. Probably did want to get home to his "girls".

Did anyone actually watch this last year? I mean, I know who the top 3 were last year but I never watched the show unfold so I was wondering who was the "favorite" was all along - I think most people tell me that Tamayra and Justin were favorites and Kelly was the dark horse.

This year just seemed like a lot of unusual suspects......

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: American Idol #61379
05/08/03 05:30 PM
05/08/03 05:30 PM
USA
Thin Clemenza Offline
Made Member
Thin Clemenza  Offline
Made Member
USA
Originally posted by Beth E:
Originally posted by Thin Clemenza:
[b] -
Yeah, and I'll beat you up, Beth! grin wink
Now, this frightens mean. I've seen your pic chickie. You could probably kick my ass! I bow down to you. Clay is king. Josh is a punk! But Ruben still rules!!! grin [/b][/QUOTE]
smile smile smile
I doubt I could kick any ass, except maaaybe in soccer. I challenge you to a soccer match! grin

Hello Carlo. ~Clemenza
Look how they massacred my boy! ~Vito Corleone
I've frisked a thousand young punks ~Sgt. McKlusky
Re: American Idol #61380
05/08/03 05:41 PM
05/08/03 05:41 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
It's been reported that there will be no more "theme" nights.

Next week the final 3 will be singing 3 songs a piece. One that they choose to sing themselves, one the judges choose for them and one random from a hat (?)

Ok, I see the judges having a chance to manipulate the contest a bit. We are talking 3 very different singing styles in the contestants and the judges could pick a song that is perfect for their favorite and a "mediocre" one for the other 2.

And who picks the "random" songs. Ryan? I heard his favorite artist/band is Dave Matthews Band. I could so see Clay singing "Ants Marching", Kimberly singing "What Would you Say" and Ruben performing an R and B version of "Crash" grin

Re: American Idol #61381
05/08/03 05:46 PM
05/08/03 05:46 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
How the hell can they do that?? I don't get it. These guys spent all week rehearsing their songs, how can they just play karaoke like that? Will they get the words? Or do they rehearse every song on a particular list? Weird. But should be pretty exciting. And you know Reuben and Clay can pull off anything...

Re: American Idol #61382
05/08/03 05:48 PM
05/08/03 05:48 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Say...I don't watch the show but what's the deal between Simon & Paula?

I'm on another e-list where someone's saying me and another member are beginning to act like them.

You can probably imagine what's been going on... rolleyes

Thanks,
AppleOnYa

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: American Idol #61383
05/08/03 05:52 PM
05/08/03 05:52 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
I'm assuming they get to practice this week but the "random" one, I dont get confused

I havent found out any other information.

I love Ruben's voice. It's the Motown booty girl in me. But Clay can so do the schmooozing involved - the PR stuff. AND he can sing - he is almost flawless in his performances.

Last year, didnt the final 2 (Justin & Kelly) do a duet together?

Ladies and Gentlemen: Ruben and Clay singing:

Ebony and Ivory

Islands in the Stream

Leather and Lace

I Got You Babe

Endless Love

grin

Re: American Idol #61384
05/08/03 05:58 PM
05/08/03 05:58 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Apple:

Simon and Paula are constantly at each other's throats, disagreeing with each other and ACT like they cant stand each other. But there is an underlying vibe there that most people think they actually love each other and viewers have gone so far as to say they have ROMANTIC feelings for each other. rolleyes They have often been asked to kiss on camera etc...and have refused.

For your sake Apple, I sure hope they are comparing you to Simon. Paula ain't got a whole lot going on upstairs!!! grin

Re: American Idol #61385
05/08/03 06:17 PM
05/08/03 06:17 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
Ladies and Gentlemen: Ruben and Clay singing:

Ebony and Ivory

Islands in the Stream

Leather and Lace

I Got You Babe

Endless Love
grin
How about Pardise By the Dashboard's Light grin

Re: American Idol #61386
05/08/03 06:20 PM
05/08/03 06:20 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

And who would sing the "do you love me" part? Can Clay's voice go that high?

Re: American Idol #61387
05/08/03 06:47 PM
05/08/03 06:47 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
Apple: Simon and Paula are constantly at each other's throats, disagreeing with each other and ACT like they cant stand each other. But there is an underlying vibe there that most people think they actually love each other...
Thanks Dolce, I had a feeling it was something like that. Actually, this guy can't stand me or my politics and thinks I'm a total jerk and constantly stops just short of saying so (no personal attacks allowed). I think he's intelligent enough but an obnoxious liberal. And I call him on it every time he tries to show me up. Sound like anything that's gone on around here lol

Anyway we do tend to battle it out and recently, I've decided to take a different road, sarcastic kissy kissy type of posts that I know will make him sick to his stomach. And it has. Thus, the Simon/Paula comparison!!

To his fellow libs on the list, I suppose I am Paula ... but that's ok, since when did a liberal show good judgement???

Thanks again!!
Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: American Idol #61388
05/09/03 03:43 PM
05/09/03 03:43 PM
USA
Thin Clemenza Offline
Made Member
Thin Clemenza  Offline
Made Member
USA
Originally posted by Beth E:
And who would sing the "do you love me" part? Can Clay's voice go that high?
Yep, Clay is an awesome falsetto-er.
Clay is an awesome everything.
I think it will come down to not only talent, but fanbase, charisma, and personality.
Ruben's "laid back, homey dawg, whateva whateva is all goood" attitude only goes so far for many people, and now a lot of people are calling him boring and moving away.
Ruben seems like a nice guy, but Clay has much better stage personality than him-Clay can talk, and make witty comments, and ham it up. Clay can be funny, and from what I've seen of him, Ruben can mumble and nod. They longest sentence I've heard from him is "Fo sho, dawg." rolleyes
In the fanbase catagory-Ruben has fans, sure. Does he have crazy, obsessive, diehard, fantasizing fans? No, not many. Clay has a community of obsessive fans in every age group-girls like me, twenty year olds, and middle aged women, even married women!
So, hence, Clay wins. End of story.

Hello Carlo. ~Clemenza
Re: American Idol #61389
05/09/03 06:33 PM
05/09/03 06:33 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

[So, hence, Clay wins. End of story.
Yes maam!!! grin

Re: American Idol #61390
05/13/03 08:55 PM
05/13/03 08:55 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Holy Cow. Y'know what? Any three of tonight's singers did great. No one was perfect, and all three had at least one song that was great. "K-Lo" (man, people and their nicknames wink ) blew me away with her last song. Clay sent shivers up my spine twice. And Ruben was quite competent (though his voice seemed to have some problems tonight).

I really have no idea who's going to win it all, but I assume America has their hearts set on Ruben and Clay for the Top 2. Sure, why not, they'be been the most consistent.

Don't forget - 3 nights of AI next week! woohoo! smile

Re: American Idol #61391
05/14/03 09:27 PM
05/14/03 09:27 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
So nerve-wracking tonight's show was...

But in the end, Kim was voted off, leaving just Ruben and Clay for the Final 2! WOW - it's gonna be a great 3 shows next week... well, the first two, anyway... can't imagine the tension next Wednesday...!

Re: American Idol #61392
05/15/03 11:24 AM
05/15/03 11:24 AM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Clay sent shivers up my spine twice.
Sent shivers up your spine - twice eek You are not one of those sissy-boys are you lol

So all of this to get to Ruben and Clay - which most people have known was to be since the first few weeks of the season. It is really a tough one to call - very close. I can think a lot of people may watch next week, cause of the hype and see that Clay may be more versitile, and that doesn't mean better, but may vote for him. I think Ruben is more popular for those that have followed him through so far though. I actually think K' Lo was the best overall on ALL three songs this week - although Ruben and Clay probably had better performance than her on an invididual song. I did not like Clay with Unchained Melody - too damn fast - but he did nail it at the end, although no shivers for me - I am all man cool . Ruben singing 'Smile' was great though. What a great song - a simple song with simple words - but a strong message. It's an old song but when I heard it, it reminded me a time in my life that was very good - but also reminded me of someone close to me that is going through a difficult time now. Bottom line is I can't seem to get the damn song out of my head now. Damn you Ruben.

I heard on the radio coming into work that Vegas may actually be laying odds on the winner - how can they do that when people decide the winners ? confused

In any event I think the two best made it and that was good. I never watched the first season at all though. I saw last night this Tamara Gray (sp), the one I heard so much about sing for the first time - she has a great voice - but what a horrible rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

If I had to bet right now - I think Clay may just squeeze it out.

Although, I am sure as we get closer that LDV will be able to offer some of her interesting tid-bits of facts and up to date info concerning the show. I think she is part of the fan club and is on their mailing lists. Hey, did Clay send shivers up your spine LDV lol

Re: American Idol #61393
05/15/03 11:48 AM
05/15/03 11:48 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Hey, did Clay send shivers up your spine LDV lol
It takes a lot to send shivers up my spine wink but I admit I got goosebumps.

All man, huh BDD? And therein lies the challenge. Next time you watch Clay sing, you can sit close to me. If you don't get a shiver of some kind, then YOU are a sissy boy.

Although I just love Ruben's voice, I dont think he has the charisma and personality to carry off the number of whirlwind tours and interviews, he seems to be limited to few words and hand gestures. Clay is real and genuine, it shows. Sometimes in show business, it is not just enough to have talent, you must have personality as well.

Didnt like Clay's rendition of UM, BDD? Of course not like the original, but you have to admit after hearing Justin sing the same song so weakly, it made Clay's sound much better!

Re: American Idol #61394
05/15/03 12:05 PM
05/15/03 12:05 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
[b] Clay sent shivers up my spine twice.
Sent shivers up your spine - twice eek You are not one of those sissy-boys are you lol [/b]
His *voice* did tongue orange wink

Re: American Idol #61395
05/15/03 12:28 PM
05/15/03 12:28 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
His *voice* did tongue orange wink
Hmmm - ok, if you say so [Linked Image]

Re: American Idol #61396
05/15/03 12:31 PM
05/15/03 12:31 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by J Geoff:
<strong> His *voice* did tongue lol lol wink

Re: American Idol #61397
05/15/03 12:50 PM
05/15/03 12:50 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Ah, I know you're picking on me just 'cuz you're losing in fantasy baseball tongue lol lol wink
Hey I have you know I started 10 games later than everyone else. lol

Now that was simply a cheap shot - you saw what happened when I removed myself from the Curse of Pork though didn't you.

LDV said she got goosebumps if that makes you feel any better. I bet if she did not have that 'jock gene' - she would have had shivers also. lol

Re: American Idol #61398
05/15/03 04:02 PM
05/15/03 04:02 PM
USA
Thin Clemenza Offline
Made Member
Thin Clemenza  Offline
Made Member
USA
CLAY IS THE SAFESTER!

My dad now officially has no respect for Clay since he couldn't even get the ball to the plate!!! grin lol
Clay is adorkable, but that was kinda sad!

Hello Carlo. ~Clemenza
Re: American Idol #61399
05/15/03 06:33 PM
05/15/03 06:33 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Clay ...couldn't even get the ball to the plate!!!
Sure he did - it was a breaking ball low and away to a right-handed batter. A great "out" pitch. Ruben would've swung and missed it grin

Re: American Idol #61400
05/16/03 10:01 AM
05/16/03 10:01 AM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
My dad now officially has no respect for Clay since he couldn't even get the ball to the plate!!! Clay is adorkable, but that was kinda sad!
HA lol I forgot all about that, I laughed when I saw that. C'mon he does not have to put high heat right over the middle of the plate, but he is a grown man, he should at least be able to get the ball from the mound to the plate with out a damn bounce. Too funny. Hell, K' Lo would have been able to reach the plate, she probably has a better arm.

OK, I am changing my vote now and leaning towards Ruben. We can't have an American Idol that can't even throw a baseball lol

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull