GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 248 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,106
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,691
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: American Idol #61341
05/03/03 02:04 PM
05/03/03 02:04 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Don't ruin my thread with this bullshit.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: American Idol #61342
05/03/03 02:06 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Don't worry JG. wink Anyway, I originally wanted the one from CT to win, she was good, but now gone ohwell Then Ruben, but likewise, gone ohwell Now I don't watch it, I don't like the last ones.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: American Idol #61343
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
Yes Sir, JGeoff, sir! ::Salutes and kisses feet::

"You got to lose to know... how to win."
Re: American Idol #61344
05/03/03 02:08 PM
05/03/03 02:08 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Then Ruben, but likewise, gone
Ruben's not gone, what are you talking about? Do you even watch the show? rolleyes tongue

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: American Idol #61345
05/03/03 02:16 PM
05/03/03 02:16 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I stopped I missed a few episodes, then my friend told me they kicked him off.Is he bullshitted me? mad rolleyes

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: American Idol #61346
05/03/03 02:17 PM
05/03/03 02:17 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Your friend is a schmuck. Try reading this thread to see what happened... tongue

Re: American Idol #61347
05/03/03 02:18 PM
05/03/03 02:18 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

...I really didn't bother reading everything here because I didn't want to bother. rolleyes tongue

Re: American Idol #61348
05/03/03 07:16 PM
05/03/03 07:16 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
Freedom of speech; cool. But... You don't have to insult someone that mostly everyone likes just because you think he sounds bad... 'SPECIALLY WHEN HE DOESN'T! grin wink tongue

Ruben is still on, DV. rolleyes Me and Geoff came to the conclusion that the only reason Ruben was in the bottom two was either; A.) sympathy voters for Josh, B.) people voting for anyone other than Ruben, since Ruben is thought to win, and to give others a chance, or C.) FOX trying to get ratings.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: American Idol #61349
05/06/03 02:34 PM
05/06/03 02:34 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Anywho...

Another week, another elimination!

Anyone predict any other shocker this week?? Maybe all the idiots who voted for Josh last week will vote for Ruben, and those normally voting for Clay might, too, putting Clay in the Bottom 2? God forbid!

Josh BETTER go tomorrow!!

Re: American Idol #61350
05/06/03 02:58 PM
05/06/03 02:58 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
I think this week there will be a major backlash to Josh from last week. He will go with tomorrow. Saw the below from USA today, there were a few other people commenting but the below was probably the most interesting.

Weird Al Yankovic, whose new CD, Poodle Hat, will be available May 20:

On Clay Aiken: In appearance, "it looks like he went from a huge dork to a not-quite-so-huge dork. I should know from experience. He's a talented singer, with enthusiasm and stage presence. That was a bravura performance on Solitaire. I thought Neil Sedaka was going to propose to him at one point. Clay seems like a young Barry Manilow with Ryan Seacrest hair."

On Joshua Gracin: "He's got a very pleasant country voice. In Bad Blood, he seemed rattled. He might have forgotten a couple of words. He's still a very talented singer. He doesn't seem as confident. I certainly wouldn't want to be the one who votes Josh out. He looked like the guy who beats you up in gym class."

On Kimberley Locke: "I thought she was wonderful. She's my second favorite, next to Ruben. She even made Where the Boys Are sound soulful. I can't offer any criticism. She was ear-delicious, as Neil Sedaka said."

On Ruben Studdard: "He's a cross between Luther Vandross and Teddy Ruxpin. I like the way he gives props to his homies in 205. He's happy to be on stage. Makes it look effortless. Maybe he could have a salad once in a while." Yankovic predicts Studdard should and will win: "He's clearly the man."

Ken Barnes, USA TODAY music editor:

On Clay Aiken: "He's a smooth and powerful vocalist, but he painfully overenunciates every syllable and, as Simon Cowell says, is better suited for Broadway. Puppy-dog appeal could swing the popular vote, though."

On Joshua Gracin: "The worse his performances get (and last week's Bad Blood was a nadir that eclipsed his infamous massacre of Kool and the Gang's Celebrate), the more belligerent he acts -- and the more popular he seems to become. Clearly out of his league talent-wise, but may hang on another week or two."

On Kimberley Locke: "A solid singer, but non-musical factors (specifically her lack of teen-idol appeal) will probably hurt her." Barnes predicts she should win: "She's overcome a shaky start to become perhaps the most accomplished and versatile singer of the batch."

On Ruben Studdard: "Ruben has the most natural singing ability, despite his lackluster uptempo performances." Barnes predicts he will win: "You have to consider him the front-runner, unless too many voters are turned off by his sometimes-sullen demeanor or tonnage."

Re: American Idol #61351
05/06/03 03:09 PM
05/06/03 03:09 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Thanks for that, BDD - I found the complete article here

I also found this which states:

(Idol producer Nigel Lythgoe rejects Internet speculation that last week's vote might have been manipulated for drama. Votes are tabulated and audited by outside firms, he says. "If we were ever caught doing anything like that, we'd lose the entire franchise around the world. It isn't worth it.")
You think he was reading this thread? grin

Re: American Idol #61352
05/06/03 04:44 PM
05/06/03 04:44 PM
USA
Thin Clemenza Offline
Made Member
Thin Clemenza  Offline
Made Member
USA
Originally posted by J Geoff:
LOL, AL - I picked Mr 205 to WIN, but as a geek myself, I'm rootin' for Clay - you called it, man! lol

I picked Kimberly Locke, as you did, as 2nd Runner-up.

Funny, I didn't watch Season 1 either...
YAY!!!!!
I love Clay soooo much, I have the biggest crush on him ever!
He is:
adorable
wonderful
funny
smart
sweet
dedicated
never boring
awesome
THE AMERICAN IDOL!
If he doesn't win, I will cry, and will be depressed until his CD comes out.
If he's in the bottom two tomorrow, I will cry, and probably throw up.
Yeah, I'm obsessed. smile

Hello Carlo. ~Clemenza
Look how they massacred my boy! ~Vito Corleone
I've frisked a thousand young punks ~Sgt. McKlusky
Re: American Idol #61353
05/06/03 04:48 PM
05/06/03 04:48 PM
USA
Thin Clemenza Offline
Made Member
Thin Clemenza  Offline
Made Member
USA
Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
Ruben did an excellent job last night, also. I know you said you didn't think so... But, I thought he sang both songs in somewhat different styles. He switched it up a bit; and his voice, as always, we superb. No doubt, there's ALOT of Ruben fans, but everytime Clay's finished singing; there's BLASTS of screaming. Maybe it's just not as loud for Ruben because a bunch of people yelling "RUUUUUUUUUUUBEN!" I dunno; but I know everywhere I look... I see all these annoying Clay fans! mad wink tongue

Hour long show? Didn't know about that. Sweet. Which ya gonna watch, Geoff? grin

It'll either go like one of these; they'll do a bottom three, leaving one left that's not in the bottom, and take one out, as usual. Or, they'll do a bottom two. Then, the NEXT time(two weeks from now); they'd just take one out, since there'll only be three, leaving it to the two finalists.
Excuse me? The Ruben fans are INCREDIBLY annoying. They're constantly screaming ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They flood the message boards with "205! 205! ROOOOOOOOOOOBIN!'
Everyone's fans are equally annoying, except for Kim-she doesn't reeeeally have fans.

Hello Carlo. ~Clemenza
Re: American Idol #61354
05/06/03 05:16 PM
05/06/03 05:16 PM
Il Padrino della Famiglia Offline
Button
Il Padrino della Famiglia  Offline
Button
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBEN!

Ruben is going to win for sure.

I hate Clay. Damn him!

"Fredo, you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever."
Re: American Idol #61355
05/06/03 09:03 PM
05/06/03 09:03 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Huh. I thought Josh was actually pretty good this week. A tough choice now... but it'll be him or Kim. Unless people are getting tired of Clay (tho his first song was incredible!), but I really doubt it.

It's getting to the point where I don't want to see anyone voted off - but alas, there are only 2 more weeks!!

Re: American Idol #61356
05/06/03 11:01 PM
05/06/03 11:01 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I'm probably gonna make some enemies, but I gotta tell you, I actually voted tonight. And the winner is...Josh...*ducks trying to avoid flying weapons. And not just once, but I hit re-dial and voted twice. I was with Simon, Kimberly practically put me to sleep. Paula Abdul needs to take that phony smile off once in awhile and tell people how it is. I get a cavity just looking at her. Hopefully, if all is right in the world, Kimberly will get the boot. I'm picking the actual winner to be Rueben. It's a toss up between Josh and Clay for 2nd though.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: American Idol #61357
05/07/03 12:01 AM
05/07/03 12:01 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
My observations of Bee Gees night: (Ugh!)

Josh STILL looks like Shrek - (Bethie, stand still while I slap you!)

NOONE can sing Jive Talking and make it sound good.

If someone had to be booted off based on just TONIGHT'S performance? Kimberly was WAY-weak. Boring. Not her usual soulful self. And although she is very pretty, she does have a pop idol image problem.

I still wish someone (good) had sung "How Deep is Your Love"

Clay rocked with his first song. I thought it was PERFECT and he really looks better and better with every show PERFORMING, until he goes and gets chummy with Ryan and then I wonder where the stage Clay ran off to. Honestly, Clay would make a great American Idol schmooozing with the likes of Kelly and Regis, Oprah, Mary Hart, VH-1 and the like. AND - he can sing too.

In my opinion, it doesnt matter if Josh or Kimmel goes tomorrow, they are gonna have to go sometime. I dont care.

Ruben: Well, I just like that kinda booty music and he rocked on his second song. It was beautiful.

Sidebar: If any of you had the opportunity to hear Josh sing the Commodores "Three Times a Lady" on the A.I. CD I bought, you would be amazed. It is a really beautiful rendition. I still maintain they can do wonders in the studio. He sounds fabulous and romantic, believe it or not....

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: American Idol #61358
05/07/03 12:05 PM
05/07/03 12:05 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Originally posted by Beth E:
I'm probably gonna make some enemies, but I gotta tell you, I actually voted tonight. And the winner is...Josh...*ducks trying to avoid flying weapons. And not just once, but I hit re-dial and voted twice
Josh ?? So let me ask you Beth how many bottles of wine did you polish off before voting - twice? grin I will say that I thought Josh did a pretty good job last night, but clearly he was not the best of the four overall. Actually if I had to go purely by last night's peformance I think Kimberly would have to go tonight, but it is not based on only one night's performance anymore so Josh must go, he is not bad, but he is simply not a good or versitile as the others. In the end it will be Reuben or Clay, and I actually think Clay has done enough in the last few weeks to make it a pretty even call at this time.

I know JGeoff will be voting for his 'dweeb' grin

Tonight it is Josh, next week Kimberly.

As a side note I heard that Kimberly Caldwell got picked up on some Fox Sports type show - go figure. confused

Re: American Idol #61359
05/07/03 12:08 PM
05/07/03 12:08 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:

As a side note I heard that Kimberly Caldwell got picked up on some Fox Sports type show - go figure. confused
How long before Playboy calls? Or do you think that is already in the works?

The gal that Joe Millionaire DIDN'T choose already got her deal with Playboy.

I wonder if they have reality shows for people like us - over 35?? grin

Re: American Idol #61360
05/07/03 12:11 PM
05/07/03 12:11 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

[b] I'm probably gonna make some enemies, but I gotta tell you, I actually voted tonight. And the winner is...Josh...*ducks trying to avoid flying weapons. And not just once, but I hit re-dial and voted twice
Josh ?? So let me ask you Beth how many bottles of wine did you polish off before voting - [/b]
If I had any wine I probably wouldn't have let the phone down..haha. My strategy is Ruben has it in the bag. Just vote for someone else that I didn't want to see go. After last night Kimberly needs to take a hike. She has a pretty voice, but no stage presence. So next week Josh can go. And LDV...what's wrong with Shrek? He's squeezably cute. grin

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: American Idol #61361
05/07/03 12:13 PM
05/07/03 12:13 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Who cares about the reality shows - I am keeping my eye out for the upcoming Playboy magazines grin

Re: American Idol #61362
05/07/03 12:17 PM
05/07/03 12:17 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
And LDV...what's wrong with Shrek? He's squeezably cute. grin
Have you EVER seen this guy sing???? eek

They dont call him "Constipation" Gracin for nothing!

Re: American Idol #61363
05/07/03 12:19 PM
05/07/03 12:19 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Who..Josh or Shrek?

Josh is the next after Kimberly. Don't sweat it. Got that annoying Clay to worry about then.

Re: American Idol #61364
05/07/03 12:26 PM
05/07/03 12:26 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
They dont call him "Constipation" Gracin for nothing!
Hey that's rather cruel - didn't you see him in the audience last night during his song - couldn't you just feel the love lol

Got that annoying Clay to worry about then.
Beth, just a warning here for you - you keep talking like that about Clay - and JGeoff is gonna ban you. grin

Re: American Idol #61365
05/07/03 12:28 PM
05/07/03 12:28 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Believe me..I've given Geoff plenty of reasons to ban me in the past. Don't know why my smart mouth is still here.

Do I have to kiss your feet now Geoff?

Re: American Idol #61366
05/07/03 12:31 PM
05/07/03 12:31 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
What I like about you Beth? We will NEVER fight over a man - we definitely have different tastes. I'd take the geek 100 times over Shrek in need of a laxative grin

BDD - You'll start getting the Playboy subscription soon - my compliments - think of it as your birthday present. wink

Re: American Idol #61367
05/07/03 01:04 PM
05/07/03 01:04 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

What I like about you Beth? We will NEVER fight over a man - we definitely have different tastes.

This is true. But we never did get in the jello pit over Bill Hemmer. Although, the time he's on now I'm already at work. No more Bill. So looks like you won that one!!! frown

Re: American Idol #61368
05/07/03 04:35 PM
05/07/03 04:35 PM
USA
Thin Clemenza Offline
Made Member
Thin Clemenza  Offline
Made Member
USA
[b] They dont call him "Constipation" Gracin for nothing!
Hey that's rather cruel - didn't you see him in the audience last night during his song - couldn't you just feel the love lol

Got that annoying Clay to worry about then.
Beth, just a warning here for you - you keep talking like that about Clay - and JGeoff is gonna ban you. grin [/b]
Yeah, and I'll beat you up, Beth! grin wink
LAST NITE-
Clay=Hot, awesome, and really awesome
Ruben=*yawn*, but OK.
Kim=bad
Josh=bad.

Hello Carlo. ~Clemenza
Re: American Idol #61369
05/07/03 05:38 PM
05/07/03 05:38 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally posted by Thin Clemenza:
-
Yeah, and I'll beat you up, Beth! grin wink
[/QUOTE]

Now, this frightens mean. I've seen your pic chickie. You could probably kick my ass! I bow down to you. Clay is king. Josh is a punk! But Ruben still rules!!! grin

Re: American Idol #61370
05/07/03 07:33 PM
05/07/03 07:33 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
My strategy is Ruben has it in the bag. Just vote for someone else that I didn't want to see go.
Beth - This is (probably) exactly what caused the outrageously bullshit controversial placement last week of Ruben in the Bottom Two. <--Could that sentence be worded any more poorly? ;-) People can't be voting for pity - they have to vote for who they think is the best. Period. How would pity voting work out in a presidential election? tongue

Anyway - I won't ban you... this time. grin

*JG pours Beth a glass of wine*

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull