GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 52 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,618
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,105
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,518
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,381
Posts1,059,683
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: American Idol #61311
04/29/03 01:42 PM
04/29/03 01:42 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Ok, how insane is THIS???

****Song selections for 4/29 SPOILERS Ahead****

Supposedly, it is Neil Sedaka night tonight. Not sure if he is gonna judge (ick) but they will be singing songs written by him.

Rumor has it Ruben is gonna do a slow version of "Breaking Up is Hard To Do"...(down dooby do don down.... eek )

Trenyce will be singing "Love Will Keep Us Together"

Clay will be singing "Solitaire" - (is this the one the Carpenters did?? confused )

Kim will be singing "Where the Boys Are"

And Josh will be doing......sit down for this.....the WORST song in the history of the Universe - "Bad Blood".

We may be waving buh-bye to Josh tomorrow night.

*****End of Spoilers*******

Did I mention.....insanity??????? orange

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: American Idol #61312
04/29/03 05:48 PM
04/29/03 05:48 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Actually with Carmen gone I believe Clay will sing 'Where the Boys Are'

Don't forget Calendar Girl and Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen lol

Oh and without hearing them sing my prediction this week is we'll be saying good bye to Josh. Next week Kimberly, followed by Tyrence with only Clay and Reuben to battle it out.

Nothing like seeing a Marine sing a Neil Sedaka song eek

Re: American Idol #61313
04/29/03 08:56 PM
04/29/03 08:56 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
All righty now... two songs each this week. First round, Kimberly and Josh were in the pits. Second round, Kimberly kicked Trenyce's butt.

Josh is history tomorrow. With some work he's gonna make it big in Nashville, so I don't feel too bad.

Truthfully, though - and I love Ruben, don't get me wrong - but I thought he was relatively weak this week. I never thought he had a great falsetto, and tonight was no exception.

I will say this, too - the dweeb kicked fucking ass this week, like it or not! tongue

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: American Idol #61314
04/29/03 09:39 PM
04/29/03 09:39 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
OK - appears my earlier prediction of Josh going was fairly accurate. I still have my bet going that Trenyce beats out Kimberly but I will say Kimberly was excellent on the second song - each week I doubt my bet more and more. eek

And JGeoff - you are right the dweeb did kick ass this week.

Funny I read the earlier post by LDV and when I heard them singing I was like how did she guess the exact songs. I was sitting there shocked eek , like how would she know and then I re-read on this post and saw that she had spoiler so she obviously gotten the info somewhere. So much for my amazement lol

Re: American Idol #61315
04/30/03 01:10 AM
04/30/03 01:10 AM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
BDD- admit it. You will always be amazed by me....

Okay, some observations:

Neil Sedaka = a fat Regis Philbin????

After watching tonights show, I will admit everyone pretty much raised his or her game (except Josh - Hello Josh? There is a show on now called Nashville Star??????). But tonight I am convinced that Clay should be the American Idol. I can just see him doing the Leno, Lettermen, Entertainment Tonight, etc...circuit - the guy has so much personality and the peeps love him...

I'm a geek. I actually voted.

Oh, the insanity.

Re: American Idol #61316
04/30/03 12:03 PM
04/30/03 12:03 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline
Anthony Lombardi  Offline

east coast
Geoff, you're right about one thing. I think Clay, unfortunately, can win this thing. Everyone keeps saying Ruben definately will... But; there's just so many of those DAMN CLAY FANS! mad

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: American Idol #61317
04/30/03 12:20 PM
04/30/03 12:20 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
AL - If I was to go ONLY by last night, then Clay deserves to win hands-down. But I still see why you "hate" him so much wink

But overall, it will be a tight race between Ruben and Clay. Either one will win, and, BOTH will become stars regardless. (So will some of the other Top 12...)

As for Clay fans, I'm sure there are as many, if not more, Ruben fans.

What's going to be interesting is after tonight when there are only 4 left. I wonder if they'll still do a "bottom 3" at that point? Eventually one of those two will be standing there, sweating in the "bottom" group... should get interesting.

What's with the hour-long show tonight? During my Yankees game? wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: American Idol #61318
04/30/03 12:28 PM
04/30/03 12:28 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
Ruben did an excellent job last night, also. I know you said you didn't think so... But, I thought he sang both songs in somewhat different styles. He switched it up a bit; and his voice, as always, we superb. No doubt, there's ALOT of Ruben fans, but everytime Clay's finished singing; there's BLASTS of screaming. Maybe it's just not as loud for Ruben because a bunch of people yelling "RUUUUUUUUUUUBEN!" I dunno; but I know everywhere I look... I see all these annoying Clay fans! mad wink tongue

Hour long show? Didn't know about that. Sweet. Which ya gonna watch, Geoff? grin

It'll either go like one of these; they'll do a bottom three, leaving one left that's not in the bottom, and take one out, as usual. Or, they'll do a bottom two. Then, the NEXT time(two weeks from now); they'd just take one out, since there'll only be three, leaving it to the two finalists.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw
Re: American Idol #61319
04/30/03 08:47 PM
04/30/03 08:47 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Ahh, so they picked only the Bottom 2 tonight... makes sense...

HOLY CRAP!! As I was typing "No shock tonight" when it was down to Ruben and Josh... RUBEN ENDED UP IN THE BOTTOM 2!!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH AMERICA!!!!

Idiot people voting for Josh cuz he's in the Marines instead of how he can sing? Even I said Ruben's performance last night wasn't up to par, but it was still better than Josh's!

Disgusting.

Anyway... *whew!* Ruben's safe... Trenyce is outta there!

Re: American Idol #61320
04/30/03 10:36 PM
04/30/03 10:36 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
I'm fucking outraged!!! I'm sick of Josh and his country shit. Fuck him. The only reason he wasn't in the bottom two is 'cause everyone felt sorry for him and voted for him! Okay, everyone who doesn't vote because "it doesn't count"... VOTE! See what happened this time? I hope everyone who voted for Josh out of sympathy gets a big smack in the face; and feels dumb... Because they are! OUTRAGED! mad

Ruben = AMERICAN IDOL.

Re: American Idol #61321
05/01/03 12:07 PM
05/01/03 12:07 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Wow, what a shocker!

It could be that America thinks Ruben has it in the bag for #1 and were voting for other people to a) keep them around one more week, or b) alienate other contestants - hoping that they would go home.

It is crucial now that America votes for the person - the one person - they want to win the competition. This is no time for Survivor-like strategy. The one with the most votes wins, plain and simple.

My favorite part last night was the 60's medley. They all sounded fantastic - individually and collectively - even Josh sounded good singing one of my favorite songs "Young Girl".

I have it on good authority that next week's theme is the Bee Gees with the show flying in Robin Gibb to be a celebrity judge.

Didn't they already do Disco night?????????

I wanna see an Elvis theme. I wanna see Clay to sing Suspicious Minds or Its Now or Never. I want Kimberly to soulfully sing In the Ghetto. I want to see Ruben sing Youre The Devil in Disguise. I think Josh could pull off Burnin' Love before getting the boot.

Notice I didnt go with the obvious: Ruben singing Let me Be Your Teddy Bear.... grin

Re: American Idol #61322
05/01/03 12:18 PM
05/01/03 12:18 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Bee Gees?? Who can sing those sings besides the Bee Gees themselves? But I supposed they'd have those high-falsetto backups on tape anyway.

It's not all disco, tho, obviously. They had some great tunes way before the disco era.

Let's see... what Saturday Night Fever songs can the contestants do next week:

Clay - "More Than a Woman" (or maybe Paula would pick "You Should be Dancin'" for him) wink
Ruben - "How Deep is Your Love" cool
Josh - "Stayin' Alive" lol
Kim - "Night Fever" is the only one left lol

Re: American Idol #61323
05/01/03 12:20 PM
05/01/03 12:20 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Oh JG, that is terrific! But if I had to choose a song for Kim and her sultry voice, I would want to hear "If I Can't Have You".....

Sad JG that we probably still own the Sat Night Fever 8-track and have all the songs memorized, no?? grin

Re: American Idol #61324
05/01/03 12:33 PM
05/01/03 12:33 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I didn't have many 8-tracks as I wasn't driving yet back then, I got most of what I had from by older brother; I still have all my LP's tho grin

Elvis theme would be cool. Or Sinatra. Or how about an 80's theme, those groups we were chatting about last night? REO Speedwagon, Def Leppard, Van Halen, 38 Special, Scandal, Quarterflash... that'd be great! I bet Clay could sing the hell out of a Styx song! lol

Re: American Idol #61325
05/01/03 12:36 PM
05/01/03 12:36 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
God! I can so SEE him singing Sail Away!

80's - should have been a theme when there were still 10 finalists. Would have been a ton of choices there.

*Edit: 8 tracks came with the Gremlins, Opels and Pacers??? eek Not like I was driving back then JG - watch yourself regarding my age! grin I must have had it good, I had an orange portable 8 track player in my bedroom. I think the 8 tracks I owned were the SNF soundtrack, Electric Light Orchestra, Beach Boys and Moody Blues....all hand me downs hahaha.....

Re: American Idol #61326
05/01/03 02:18 PM
05/01/03 02:18 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Bee Gees?? Who can sing those sings besides the Bee Gees themselves?
First off regarding last night - that was pretty lame we all knew that Josh should have been packing. And I lost my bet because Tyrence went before Kimberly also. Glad it was only a 'friendly' bet with nothing real wagered grin .

Regarding next week and the Bee Gees they will probably have something like the did this week (60s') only they will sing a song from the 70's and then maybe a Bee Gee song in the second half. Someone will sing 'I Started a Joke'

The following week they will probably do 80's. Styx would have some good ones although I can hear Clay sing Journey's "Open Arms" - I'd feel like I'm back in high school again lol .

Re: American Idol #61327
05/01/03 02:53 PM
05/01/03 02:53 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Originally posted by Big Daddy Don:
I can hear Clay sing Journey's "Open Arms" - I'd feel like I'm back in high school again lol .
Were you watching in Week One? Clay DID sing Open Arms..and he rocked!

At lunch today I was at Target and the American Idol Season 2 All Time Classic American Love Songs CD was out. On sale for $11.99.

Since it was only 12 bucks, I picked it up. 13 tracks - 2 by the group - others the songs the individuals did before (?):

Superstar - Ruben
On the Wings of Love - Clay
At Last - Julia
Three times a Lady - Josh (thankfully not TOO countryfied...)
Lets Stay Together - Trenyce
Back At One - Rickey
Killing Me Softly with His Song - KimBenet Caldwell (Best she ever sounded)
Open Arms - confused that freak Corey
How Do I Live Without You? - Carmen Goat Girl (awful, awful, awful track - she sucks!)
Over The Rainbow - Kim Locke (Excellent)
Overjoyed - Charles

God Bless the USA & What The World Needs Now Is Love - All

It is amazing how good these contestants sound when mixed in a studio!!

And BDD- all bets are friendly...all taken seriously as well.

Re: American Idol #61328
05/01/03 03:11 PM
05/01/03 03:11 PM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
[Were you watching in Week One? Clay DID sing Open Arms..and he rocked!
Actually No - I didn't see the beginning so didn't know he sung that.

At lunch today I was at Target and the American Idol Season 2 All Time Classic American Love Songs CD was out. On sale for $11.99. Since it was only 12 bucks, I picked it up
Loser lol I believe this is what is referred to as 'disposable income'

And BDD- all bets are friendly...all taken seriously as well.
confused

Re: American Idol #61329
05/01/03 06:07 PM
05/01/03 06:07 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Wow, the outrage of Ruben's bottom placement last night actually made the news this evening! (Well, it is FOX 5 News in NY, but still wink )

Re: American Idol #61330
05/01/03 06:17 PM
05/01/03 06:17 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Wow, the outrage of Ruben's bottom placement....
Where did they place his bottom, and was anyone hurt???????? eek

Re: American Idol #61331
05/01/03 06:23 PM
05/01/03 06:23 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

[b] Wow, the outrage of Ruben's bottom placement....
Where did they place his bottom, and was anyone hurt???????? eek [/b]
Wherever they placed it I'm sure they were bummed out about it. They probably asked for a Corned Beef Reuben. I guess that's the extra fatty version.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: American Idol #61332
05/01/03 07:41 PM
05/01/03 07:41 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
Five words... I LOATHE THE BEE GEES. mad mad mad

Re: American Idol #61333
05/02/03 05:57 PM
05/02/03 05:57 PM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
Okay, I voted for Joshua Gracin as the person who I WANT to win. The person I THINK will win is Kimberly Locke (or Ruben freakin' Studdard). My top 3 are Joshua Gracin, Kim Locke, & Clay Aiken. I personally think that Ruben is talentless. I think the only reason they keep him there is because he is 'huggable'. My question is this...Why would anyone want to hug an extremly obese, soul wanna-be with no neck? I would be afraid of the stinch coming from his pits. I'm sure he has a hard time getting around on stage. Scooter anyone?

"You got to lose to know... how to win."
Re: American Idol #61334
05/02/03 06:15 PM
05/02/03 06:15 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Oy vey.

I can't wait to see Lombardi's reply to you, Shorty... grin

Re: American Idol #61335
05/02/03 06:23 PM
05/02/03 06:23 PM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
Lombardi is my boy. I'm not worried about him.

He doesn't like Ruben, does he? I didn't know he did, anyway.

Re: American Idol #61336
05/02/03 09:27 PM
05/02/03 09:27 PM
east coast
Anthony Lombardi Offline

east coast
...I'm restraining my anger from EXPLODING on you, ShortCake. mad

Ruben... Talentless? I can't see how he can be talentless if he's in the TOP FIVE SINGERS IN AMERICA. O_O He's extremely talented. Listen to that voice... Can you say, HONESTLY, that's not talent? That man can sing, give him some freakin' credit, man. He's got a great voice. And the reason people vote for him isn't 'cause he's "huggable." I doubt he'd be up there with the top five singers in the USA because of being "huggable." Fuck, I'm huggable( tongue ) and I'm not in the top five. Says something, huh?

And just because you think(key word, fellas) that he is talentless... Doesn't mean you have to go on insulting him. ohwell Saying he's obese and "smells" and shit. That's kind of rude. O_O There's nothing wrong with big people. Hell, alot of my family is big. They're people, too.

Josh Gracin? Meh... I'll admit he can sing. But, as of late, he's been fucking up. Out of key, tuning problems, etc. I think most people vote for him out of sympathy and 'cause he's in the army... And with this "war" thing going on; we know how everyone's supporting the army. But, alot vote for him because of talent, which I admit he has.

*sigh of relief* PHEW. There... Yeah. Sorta explode. But... No one talks about my RUUUUBEN! grin

Re: American Idol #61337
05/03/03 01:44 PM
05/03/03 01:44 PM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
Just my opinion. Using my 'freedom of speech' rights. I think he sounds bad.

Re: American Idol #61338
05/03/03 01:53 PM
05/03/03 01:53 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Originally posted by ShortCake:
Just my opinion. Using my 'freedom of speech' rights. I think he sounds bad.
Not liking someone is ONE thing, labeling him as "talentless" is completely differ.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: American Idol #61339
05/03/03 01:54 PM
05/03/03 01:54 PM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
Shut-Up. this isn't your battle. Plus, AL and I are talking on AIM right now and things are cool. YES, it is my FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

Re: American Idol #61340
05/03/03 01:56 PM
05/03/03 01:56 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Listen SC2, read the "posting rights" at the bottom of the GD page. If it wasn't my battle, it would be in private, but this is on the BB where there are about 300 regular posters. If things are cool with this battle, then good.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull