GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 205 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,870
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? #887482
07/09/16 09:49 PM
A
alicecooper Offline OP
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Isn't she just as badvdf tony?

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #887483
A
alicecooper Offline OP
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline OP
A
Underboss
Bad as I meant

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #887529
07/10/16 02:22 PM
07/10/16 02:22 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Enabling, indeed. Her visit to Dr. Krakower was a watershed moment in the series. "The one thing you can't say, is that you've never been told". Don't know how much Carmela could be criminally charged for, however. I can't think of anything specific and direct Tony discussed with her that included names. As far as I can remember, Angie Bonpensiero was the only one of the "wives" that became connected. I love the scene when Carmela walks into Angie's office at the body shop while Benny and another goon are in there. She was so humbled walking out of there, reduced to a child-like status.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 07/10/16 02:23 PM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: OakAsFan] #887578
07/11/16 12:33 AM
07/11/16 12:33 AM
J
JackieAprile Offline
Capo
JackieAprile  Offline
J
Capo
He basically all but told her that Janice killed Richie.

He told her Pussy was in the Program, and Carmella later referred to Angie Bompensiero as one of the "widows" on Tony's payroll.

He also told her he would "get" Mikey Palice. The next day, it was said on TV, that Mikey was missing.

She knows about illegal firearms in the house including the hand grenade.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #887580
07/11/16 12:59 AM
07/11/16 12:59 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Not as bad as Tony, but still pretty bad.

Basically she was willing to overlook how Tony made a living in exchange for living her comfortable and spoiled lifestyle.

I like how towards the end she becomes afraid and bothered, as she senses the end is near. Realizes she'll be left with nothing once Tony is dead or in prison.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: JackieAprile] #887583
07/11/16 02:38 AM
07/11/16 02:38 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: JackieAprile
He basically all but told her that Janice killed Richie.

He told her Pussy was in the Program, and Carmella later referred to Angie Bompensiero as one of the "widows" on Tony's payroll.

He also told her he would "get" Mikey Palice. The next day, it was said on TV, that Mikey was missing.

She knows about illegal firearms in the house including the hand grenade.

But he didn't TELL her that Janice killed Richie. He never said it. In fact, as she goaded him, he even warned her that once he tells her, she's an accessory after the fact.

Pussy being in the program was a lie anyway. Not sure if a civilian being knowledgeable of a lie told by a mobster counts as harboring information. Pussy was never actually in the program, obviously.

Tony saying he's going to "get" Mikey Palmice is not necessarily saying he's going to kill him. The fact that he does get killed is circumstantial. "get" is a vague term, and is often used jokingly.

Illegal firearms, especially the amount for self consumption that was in their house, would not necessarily bring about a mob related charge.

Carm knew Tony was in the mob, and she had ideas about a lot of things, but she didn't really know shit.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #887645
07/12/16 07:25 AM
07/12/16 07:25 AM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline
Underboss
Willenhall
Speaking of which what happened to our Carmella on this forum?

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #887695
07/12/16 09:55 PM
07/12/16 09:55 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
for me her most irritating moment was when tony and paulie were going on the lam for a little while she got all pissy, saying "this is what life is like, at our age?"

what the hell would you expect? just because she didn't know the specifics didn't mean she doesn't know he was committing crimes pretty much daily. she's definitely one of the more contemptible characters.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: RollinBones] #887710
07/13/16 03:12 AM
07/13/16 03:12 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: RollinBones
for me her most irritating moment was when tony and paulie were going on the lam for a little while she got all pissy, saying "this is what life is like, at our age?"

what the hell would you expect? just because she didn't know the specifics didn't mean she doesn't know he was committing crimes pretty much daily. she's definitely one of the more contemptible characters.

Because Carmela wishfully thought that maybe Tony would be like one of those Carlo Gambino mobsters that would end up dying an old man in his own bed, like any mob wife would wishfully think.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #888368
07/22/16 06:57 PM
07/22/16 06:57 PM
B,ham, Alabama
SicilianDownSouth Offline
Wiseguy
SicilianDownSouth  Offline
Wiseguy
B,ham, Alabama
She is really no better than Tony. She went into their marriage knowing what he is and what the life entails. She grew up in the same neighborhood as Tony and she grew up around the life also like Tony. She loved the perks of the life as did her family. Her fathers construction business even benefited from Tony's connection. She enjoyed the fact that she was the "first lady" of the family.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: SicilianDownSouth] #888393
07/23/16 01:29 AM
07/23/16 01:29 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Well, I'm going to have to say she is better than Tony, based on the following items:

- She's never killed anyone

- She's never stolen anything, other than Tony's hidden money, which is technically hers since they're married

- She has never corrupted politicians

- She has never corrupted churches

- She committed infidelity once, in contrast to the several times that Tony has. And, it was a kiss, nothing more, with Vic Musto. Her relationship with Wegler took place while her and Tony were mutually separated, and she was saved by the bell when Father Intintola threw up as they were about to kiss.

Knowing of Tony's crimes and misdeeds while accepting the blood money is on Carmella, but that doesn't make her as bad as Tony. She wasn't nearly as bad as him.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #888395
07/23/16 01:38 AM
07/23/16 01:38 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
One correction, Carmela did corrupt Joan Cusamano (Jeannie's sister) into writing a Georgetown recommendation for Meadow. Outright threatened her. Went all Don Fanucci on her. That wasn't cool. Still doesn't make her nearly as bad as Tony, though.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #888477
07/23/16 10:44 PM
07/23/16 10:44 PM
Westchester
Frankie_Five_Angels Offline
Made Member
Frankie_Five_Angels  Offline
Made Member
Westchester
Hated the Carmella character. .. but great acting by Edie Falco.

She was definitely complicent. .but not as bad as Tony..

"I'll give you undignified. Go fuck yourself. You, Phil... whoever. He's my fuckin' cousin."

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents"..
Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #888507
07/24/16 02:38 PM
07/24/16 02:38 PM
afriendofours Offline
Underboss
afriendofours  Offline
Underboss
The part that made me lose any sympathy i had for Carmella is during the divorce battle, when she's visiting her lawyer and then mentions Tony's other income, smiling with glee at the thought of getting her hands on it.

This was after all those years of bleating to her priest about how much she hated how Tony made his living.

Carmella loved that easy lifestyle as much as Tony did.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #888512
07/24/16 03:22 PM
07/24/16 03:22 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
IMO, one of Carmela's ugliest moments is when she reprimands her maid and motions to her to 'come here' in front of Charmaine Bucco, then later in the episode motions 'come here' to Charmaine in the same way. Carmela was a condescending elitist with her head in the clouds, but she was no Tony. Tony was a sociopath.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: OakAsFan] #889178
08/01/16 03:47 PM
08/01/16 03:47 PM
A
alicecooper Offline OP
Underboss
alicecooper  Offline OP
A
Underboss
But then at the end when she tells Carmella she fucked tony is priceless

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #889188
08/01/16 07:21 PM
08/01/16 07:21 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Brought Carm down to earth pretty fast. Charmaine was like, 'you might have more money than me, but we know the price you pay, and who your husband is'.

Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: OakAsFan] #897952
11/08/16 05:24 PM
11/08/16 05:24 PM
Ted Offline
Underboss
Ted  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Brought Carm down to earth pretty fast. Charmaine was like, 'you might have more money than me, but we know the price you pay, and who your husband is'.

It happened while they were in high school.

"I die outside; I die in jail. It don't matter to me," -John Franzese
Re: Carmella : pure criminal scumbag or what? [Re: alicecooper] #912302
05/09/17 10:23 PM
05/09/17 10:23 PM
M
MeyerLansky Offline
Underboss
MeyerLansky  Offline
M
Underboss
all she was care about was $$$$$.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull