GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 265 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,854
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Black lives Matter and the KKK #887349
07/08/16 10:20 AM
07/08/16 10:20 AM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
After all the violent protests instigated by black lives matter and the cold blooded killings of the police officers in Dallas, i think he KKK will make a resurgence. I hope that doesnt happen but i am concerned the black community ( not all ) is out to destroy the country through violence. The fact that blacks get murdered by other blacks at such an alarming rate but never protest black violence is a crime in itself.
This situation is a ripe breeding ground for the KKK.
This is getting scary.

Last edited by Crash; 07/08/16 10:22 AM.
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887353
07/08/16 10:49 AM
07/08/16 10:49 AM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Past caring, then hang a left
So, will you be joining?

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887356
07/08/16 11:46 AM
07/08/16 11:46 AM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Crash
The fact that blacks get murdered by other blacks at such an alarming rate but never protest black violence is a crime in itself.

and how exactly do you know this.. because it's not on CNN? in just about every major city with significant gun violence there are anti-violence organizations that hold meetings, marches, and various other forms of anti-violence activism that nobody hears about because few people care about those communities in the first place.

the whole "black on black crime is never protested" is failing to see the forest through the trees and also flat out incorrect.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887358
07/08/16 11:54 AM
07/08/16 11:54 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
White supremacist groups were making a resurgence anyway, at an alarming rate, since Obama took office. Them using the Dallas shootings as a recruitment tool is a no brainer. Of course they will. But it would just be another method deployed in what has been an ongoing trend for 7 years.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887361
07/08/16 12:10 PM
07/08/16 12:10 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I think the lack of a traditional nuclear family among large segments of the African-American population is a seed for some of these issues.

Which is not to say the whites are blameless.

I don't have a clue what it's like to be in a young black person's shoes and to be a target of racial bias and in-built suspicion.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: RollinBones] #887364
07/08/16 12:30 PM
07/08/16 12:30 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: RollinBones
The fact that blacks get murdered by other blacks at such an alarming rate but never protest black violence is a crime in itself.

and how exactly do you know this.. because it's not on CNN? in just about every major city with significant gun violence there are anti-violence organizations that hold meetings, marches, and various other forms of anti-violence activism that nobody hears about because few people care about those communities in the first place.

the whole "black on black crime is never protested" is failing to see the forest through the trees and also flat out incorrect.

The outrage in the black community over the daily violence that comes from drugs/gangs pales in comparison to any single officer involved shooting. Furthermore, as I mentioned elsewhere, they talk about how "black lives matter" and yet they keep voting in pro-abortion Democrat politicians. Black babies make up a HUGE portion of those killed every year. Black on black violence begins in the womb. But you won't hear them say anything about that.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: IvyLeague] #887366
07/08/16 12:49 PM
07/08/16 12:49 PM
R
RollinBones Offline
Underboss
RollinBones  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

The outrage in the black community over the daily violence that comes from drugs/gangs pales in comparison to any single officer involved shooting. Furthermore, as I mentioned elsewhere, they talk about how "black lives matter" and yet they keep voting in pro-abortion Democrat politicians. Black babies make up a HUGE portion of those killed every year. Black on black violence begins in the womb. But you won't hear them say anything about that.

This isn't necessarily about degrees of outrage as opposed to the mere existence of it, because it's usually one of the first talking points people turn to when people become outraged over police brutality. I'm simply pointing out that outrage over black on black violence does exist and there are people actively fighting against it, and have been for decades. Also, there's the fact that these killings are being carried out by the police, those who are supposed to protect communities. That has a lot to do with the widespread outrage.

As for the second half of your post, I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say that "black babies are a huge portion of those killed". Is this reference to gun violence or abortion?

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: RollinBones] #887369
07/08/16 01:08 PM
07/08/16 01:08 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

As for the second half of your post, I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say that "black babies are a huge portion of those killed". Is this reference to gun violence or abortion?

Abortion

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887374
07/08/16 01:31 PM
07/08/16 01:31 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
You will see more government and more police (I won't say a police state) as a result of the Dallas attacks

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: RollinBones] #887377
07/08/16 02:08 PM
07/08/16 02:08 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

there are peace marches in chicago every week of the year

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887385
07/08/16 04:54 PM
07/08/16 04:54 PM
C
Crash Offline OP
Capo
Crash  Offline OP
C
Capo
As long as blacks keep having babies out of wedlock, they will continue to slaughter one another and ruin neighborhoods with their irresponsible/ violent behavior.
Stop the out of wedlock births and black crime goes down dramatically.
Its up to them to donthe right thing.mim guessing they wont.
Personal responsibility isnt part of their narrative.

Last edited by Crash; 07/08/16 04:55 PM.
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887392
07/08/16 06:48 PM
07/08/16 06:48 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
(Walks in with grand recliner seat & popcorn)

* Hmmm thought this was a topic about BLM & KKK forming a Union or something*

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: BlackFamily] #887395
07/08/16 07:42 PM
07/08/16 07:42 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily

That would be interesting....

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: cookcounty] #887396
07/08/16 07:43 PM
07/08/16 07:43 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: cookcounty

there are peace marches in chicago every week of the year

How many people usually participate in the marches against gangs and street crime? What organizations are normally involved? I'd like to hear more.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: BlackFamily] #887399
07/08/16 08:15 PM
07/08/16 08:15 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

It didn't take long for the conspiracy theories to start. I've already seen several on FB taking about the KKK or some other white supremacist group setting this all up so they could disrupt the BLM protests or take the attention away from the recent shootings in Minnesota and Louisiana. Ridiculous of course but it's amazing what people want to believe.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Faithful1] #887412
07/09/16 02:29 AM
07/09/16 02:29 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9009544/
http://www.buildchicago.org/
http://youth.baltimorecity.gov/
http://ccyd.org/
http://www.commercialappeal.com/columnis...1.html?d=mobile
http://m.wapt.com/news/stop-the-violence-rally/29352442
http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=47571

Last article is from my city. We have always stated that the black community have groups, individuals, networks, & orgs from different locations speaking on the violence within the community. That's why I said that posters on here don't know what they're speaking on since you didn't grew up there nor reside. These anti violence wave BEEN going on but you know mainstream news rarely displays it compared to filling your meal course with violence. The first homicide in my city this year is personal because I know the shooter personally.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: IvyLeague] #887413
07/09/16 02:31 AM
07/09/16 02:31 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Ivy,

It's beyond ridiculous so much that a new word could be added to the dictionary.

- African Proverb
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: BlackFamily] #887426
07/09/16 10:06 AM
07/09/16 10:06 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
this is a troll topic created by troll OP, obviously, but should be interesting discussion.

I always start off by conceding the facts that have been stated by others.

Existence of rallies,programs,prevention strategies focusing on internal problems within the Black community, including Black on Black violence? FACTS. There are threads on the forum where we link to articles/videos about them. Mainstream media doesn't show up but any given weekend these things take place in EVERY major city normally lead by clergy.I'd bet money that in any given month more people attend all of these types of events than BLM events in a given state.These events get covered on local AM radio and that's it.

Most of the problems in Black community directly related to "illegitimate births" and lack of nuclear families? FACTS. No dodging this truth.

Now, since we are having an open honest discussion, anybody who is Black, grew up with Blacks, or familiar with Black communities knows that most of the leaders in our communities have and continue to be members of clergy. I've said for years that religious leaders are ill equipped to realistically deal with modern day issues within the communities. They are held back by religious doctrine when BIRTH CONTROL,Family planning and ABORTION have to be discussed...and obviously those matters HAVE to be discussed.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: getthesenets] #887427
07/09/16 10:20 AM
07/09/16 10:20 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Also, the two extreme ends of "protesting"......marching through the streets holding signs & singing gospel songs or resorting to violence towards un-involved individuals are both useless.

What is the point of either tactic?

I think that the decades of humble, meek, turn the other cheek, "Christian love for enemies" as taught in Black churches..and the suppression of anger at terrorism done on the community and then condoned by the state...is what created the violent outbursts in riots from the 1960s up to now. You can only hit somebody a certain amount of times before they aren't scared anymore.

Instead of leading people towards PRO-active economic and political long term solutions...these preachers are out here leading reactive marches & holding picket signs and singing "Kum Ba Ya".

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: getthesenets] #887430
07/09/16 10:50 AM
07/09/16 10:50 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
this is a troll topic created by troll OP, obviously, but should be interesting discussion.

Exactly. Anyone who reads the news knows that a resurgence of white supremacy groups emerged around 2009. Coincidentally, around the time we elected our first black president. You don't even have to cue the Jeopardy theme for that one.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: getthesenets] #887462
07/09/16 05:43 PM
07/09/16 05:43 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I always start off by conceding the facts that have been stated by others.

Existence of rallies,programs,prevention strategies focusing on internal problems within the Black community, including Black on Black violence? FACTS. There are threads on the forum where we link to articles/videos about them. Mainstream media doesn't show up but any given weekend these things take place in EVERY major city normally lead by clergy.I'd bet money that in any given month more people attend all of these types of events than BLM events in a given state.These events get covered on local AM radio and that's it.

Most of the problems in Black community directly related to "illegitimate births" and lack of nuclear families? FACTS. No dodging this truth.

Now, since we are having an open honest discussion, anybody who is Black, grew up with Blacks, or familiar with Black communities knows that most of the leaders in our communities have and continue to be members of clergy. I've said for years that religious leaders are ill equipped to realistically deal with modern day issues within the communities. They are held back by religious doctrine when BIRTH CONTROL,Family planning and ABORTION have to be discussed...and obviously those matters HAVE to be discussed.

That's actually something I've never been able to figure out about the black community. Many of them are religious, Christian believing people who attend church every Sunday. And yet they often seem to throw those beliefs out the window when it comes to politics, led as they are by local religious leaders that are more politically than spiritually driven.

Blacks continue to vote Democrat overwhelmingly even though the Democrats are the ones who are pro-abortion and a HUGE portion of babies aborted every year are black. Do "black lives matter" to them? They also have the increasing problem of the Democrats becoming even more secular than they've been and the party embracing the gay agenda. Like abortion, this conflicts with their Christian values.

Judging from some of your past posts, getthesenets, you're of a more "progressive," secular bent anyway so this may not be a problem for you. But it's a conflict for many others or at least should be. The church leaders in the black communities should be teaching and encouraging sex only within marriage and keeping the family strong - the lack of which has been the #1 problem in the black community - not throwing Christian teachings out the window even more by encouraging abortions.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: IvyLeague] #887469
07/09/16 06:49 PM
07/09/16 06:49 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Ivy,

I don't have a problem discussing things with you if we can do it as adults. In the past...during discussions, I've asked you questions....not insulting, not condescending, or in a silly way....and you've opted to not answer and just leave the thread. I'd prefer not to waste time like that.

I think in the history of this country, that those who fall out of the mainstream WASP culture....be they Jews,Catholics,Mormons,Blacks,etc are afforded fuller inclusion in American society under "progressive" and or "liberal" leaders and judges. Conservatism, by definition, is about maintaining the status quo.

As recently as past 10 years....the leader of the largest Protestant denomination in America..literally THE core of the religious right...publicly made disparaging comments about Mormonism. As an example. Not off the cuff remarks either...I think at a public speech.

There is something to be said for being honest about religious differences, but it reveals the limitations of elements of conservatism....that my way is the right way and everybody else has to agree with me or they are wrong.

People who fall out of the "approved" traditions and values of what some people believe have no value and no place in the eyes of the more extreme conservatives.

Those people(the "outsiders", despite what THEIR personal beliefs are, will tend to vote in ways that promote cultural pluralism.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: getthesenets] #887472
07/09/16 07:19 PM
07/09/16 07:19 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Ivy,

I don't have a problem discussing things with you if we can do it as adults. In the past...during discussions, I've asked you questions....not insulting, not condescending, or in a silly way....and you've opted to not answer and just leave the thread. I'd prefer not to waste time like that.

I think in the history of this country, that those who fall out of the mainstream WASP culture....be they Jews,Catholics,Mormons,Blacks,etc are afforded fuller inclusion in American society under "progressive" and or "liberal" leaders and judges. Conservatism, by definition, is about maintaining the status quo.

As recently as past 10 years....the leader of the largest Protestant denomination in America..literally THE core of the religious right...publicly made disparaging comments about Mormonism. As an example. Not off the cuff remarks either...I think at a public speech.

There is something to be said for being honest about religious differences, but it reveals the limitations of elements of conservatism....that my way is the right way and everybody else has to agree with me or they are wrong.

People who fall out of the "approved" traditions and values of what some people believe have no value and no place in the eyes of the more extreme conservatives.

Those people(the "outsiders", despite what THEIR personal beliefs are, will tend to vote in ways that promote cultural pluralism.

First, I've never intentionally avoided a discussion or stayed away from a thread. It's certainly possible I've forgotten about a given thread or felt it ran it's course once things start to go in circles.

Second, my point was more about religious and spiritual beliefs than strictly conservative vs liberal. Though I would think one would influence the other. As I said, I don't understand how many in the black community can be Christian (the religious side of it) but then support politicians who support positions that aren't Christian (the political side of it).

Now, in the past and now, this is where you'll raise the point about how some Christians (especially certain Protestant and Evangelicals) criticize Mormons and certain things they don't consider Christian (according to their understanding of it). But things like abortion and homosexuality have been decried pretty much across the board among all Christian churches, have they not? At least traditionally, since I'm aware there are certain churches that have recently decided homosexuality is ok. Not sure how they justify it but that's another matter. Bottom line, I don't see black religious leaders saying abortion or homosexuality is ok so I can only assume they are against them. Yet they and their follower's voting habits support those things.

In sum, you're right that there are differences among Christian denominations but it's essentially a moot point since I'm not aware of any black churches or leaders that have announced they see no moral problems with those issues.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887476
07/09/16 08:04 PM
07/09/16 08:04 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

I give this black activist credit for being willing to undergo these scenarios to see just how hard making the right call can be

https://youtu.be/yfi3Ndh3n-g

Great stats video that shows just how much police brutality ISN'T

https://youtu.be/nRd5oucG114

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/09/16 08:15 PM.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: BlackFamily] #887477
07/09/16 08:40 PM
07/09/16 08:40 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9009544/
http://www.buildchicago.org/
http://youth.baltimorecity.gov/
http://ccyd.org/
http://www.commercialappeal.com/columnis...1.html?d=mobile
http://m.wapt.com/news/stop-the-violence-rally/29352442
http://www.cdispatch.com/news/article.asp?aid=47571

Last article is from my city. We have always stated that the black community have groups, individuals, networks, & orgs from different locations speaking on the violence within the community. That's why I said that posters on here don't know what they're speaking on since you didn't grew up there nor reside. These anti violence wave BEEN going on but you know mainstream news rarely displays it compared to filling your meal course with violence. The first homicide in my city this year is personal because I know the shooter personally.

BF, Thanks for sharing. Like you said, these marches rarely get publicized on TV. It may take people of major influence to force the networks to them coverage because they would rather focus on controversy and division.

Gets, we absolutely do need to get more in depth in these conversations. The problem we encounter is that few want to talk seriously and the rest either troll or mock, ruining it for the rest of us. This is an idea: Maybe we could even set up a topic that is only for racial issues and with admin permission, is set up to delete posts of those who want to just be assholes. It'll be our own little think tank. It may not go anywhere and probably won't change public policy, but we can at least create some understanding and correct myths and misinformation. It would be a good single place where we could address both Right-wing and Left-wing narratives while leaving partisanship at the door. In fact, we could just limit it to policy discussions and leave out the politicians.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Faithful1] #887484
07/09/16 10:13 PM
07/09/16 10:13 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
F1,

Your welcome and I'm on board for discussion on ethnic issues/misconceptions and media propaganda that influence everybody. There's a reason why I created the topic "Tombstone" , in which we could explore the white community issues of homicides & domestic violence. It's touch upon but not heavily discuss compared to Black community issues and lesser extent Hispanics/Latinos.

- African Proverb
Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887494
07/10/16 12:05 AM
07/10/16 12:05 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Part of the Republican strategy is to divide blacks on homosexuality. It's evident in televangelism, it's evident on right wing radio, it's evident on FoxNews, and it's evident on THIS thread.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: OakAsFan] #887499
07/10/16 01:08 AM
07/10/16 01:08 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Part of the Republican strategy is to divide blacks on homosexuality. It's evident in televangelism, it's evident on right wing radio, it's evident on FoxNews, and it's evident on THIS thread.

Blacks already don't look at it favorably. In fact, many get really annoyed when gays try to equate themselves with the civil rights movement of blacks. And rightfully so.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 07/10/16 01:08 AM.

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: Crash] #887502
07/10/16 01:11 AM
07/10/16 01:11 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
BLM? We have another armed standoff in Oregon?

Re: Black lives Matter and the KKK [Re: OakAsFan] #887504
07/10/16 02:17 AM
07/10/16 02:17 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan

I don't think it has to to with dividing them on homosexuality. Just getting them to see there's a political party that represents them better on the issue. Which is of course true..

Not saying I agree with these views, I don't... But it's obvious how most blacks view homosexuality..Hispanics too.

It's funny how you wrote your post, like it is a crime for a political party to try to gain support from more groups. It's "evident" that they're trying to gain support! And somehow this means malicious intent to "divide" blacks.
Next thing you know it's racist if republicans want gain black votes.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 07/10/16 04:53 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull