GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (joepuzzles234, VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 283 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,490
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,917
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,330
Posts1,058,781
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58419
03/14/03 02:22 PM
03/14/03 02:22 PM
In The Bushes In Your Front Ya...
Uztopoke Offline OP
Underboss
Uztopoke  Offline OP
Underboss
3/14

Don't be surprised if it comes to light that the Smart family was compliant...no, a partcipant....in young Elizabeth's dissapearance.

I say this because the American public underestimates the depth of some citizens' depravity. We do not have the coping skills to confront great intensity, on moral, psychological, economic, philosophical, etc., grounds. In turn, we do not want to face the difficult questions, the paradoxes, the inconsistencies.

For instance, you will hear Elizabeth Smart's family describe her as a "strong" girl. In the same breath, they dismiss the proposition that there was a way for her to escape Mitchell's grasp.

Bullshit. If she was so strong, she could have played Mitchell's game to her own advantage, seizing the opportune time to break away and seek shelter among a group of people, crying bloody murder. There is no doubt that if she made a scene, the police would be involved, and she could then reveal herself and return to "safety."

So it stands to reason that she was already "safe," or she is not as strong as some suppose.

We're not talking about a seven-year-old here. Elizabeth Smart was 14 when "abducted." I don't know about the rest of you, but I was playing some very adult games when I was 14. I knew how the world worked. And I would be GODDAMNED to let some hairy fuck deprive me of my freedom. ESPECIALLY if I was in public, rather than chained to a rafter in someone's attic.

The whole thing is too fishy for me. I bet Elizabeth Smart's father sold her, or made some other sordid deal.

FTW
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58420
03/14/03 02:38 PM
03/14/03 02:38 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Very fishy indeed! I don't know about the father "selling" her or anything, but this whole case had me saying "hmmm" from the get go. This wealthy family can't afford to hire trustworthy licensed contractors, they have to go to the dredge of the earth. Forget about the theory of "helping out the down trodden". If I had 5 kids I wouldn't let them anywhere near my house. And the sister waited a couple of hours before telling everyone, and they call her "brave"? I call her an imbicle. And now they said when she was found she lied about her identity. Maybe brainwashed, I don't know, but pretty peculiar if nothing else.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58421
03/14/03 02:45 PM
03/14/03 02:45 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Although I don't "think" the parents had anything to do with the kidnapping, I totally agree that this whole thing sounds very "fishy".

The mother hires a homeless person off the street, dressed in a robe like Jesus, and who happens to be, of all things a "carpenter", to do work at her house lol Now, wouldn't that alone put up the "red flags"? What kind of idiot does this. They say she is kind hearted and felt sorry for these people. But come on!!!!

Also, the fact the Elizabeth was so close to home. I agree at 15, this girl is not a "little" kid. Unless of course she was drugged or something??? I don't know, but I do think more is going to come out of this story as time goes on.

That being said however, I felt so happy for the family when I heard she was alive (that too is unusual). After all the time that passed, I was certain they would find her body somewhere. I am glad she is ok.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58422
03/14/03 02:53 PM
03/14/03 02:53 PM
Uztopoke Offline OP
Underboss
Uztopoke  Offline OP
Underboss
TIS, I share your sentiments regarding happiness for the family...if everything IS as it seems. But I find that claim dubious.

If it IS legitimate, the Smart family needs to go back to the drawing board and teach their children to RUN AWAY if they are in public with kidnappers.

Drugged? Brainwashed? Bullshit. I believe it is fishy as hell, or Elizabeth Smart is as dumb as a bag of hammers.

FTW
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58423
03/14/03 02:58 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

I would go for drugged before brainwashed. Maybe a psychology major could answer this, but if she was brainwashed, why when she was 1st found would she claim not to be Elizabeth Smart, but the second she is reunited with her family she remembers who she is. And this bs about having 2 people with her. I'm sure at one time or another when they were out they would have walked near a cop or 2. She should have kicked, clawed, bitten, anything to get a cop's attention.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58424
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Liz Smart wasn't brainwashed imo, i think she was forced somehow, maybe one of the assholes had a gun. I think those two psychotics sexually abused her. I think they did a three-way with her. I mean, in this crazy world we live in, its not far-fetched.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58425
03/14/03 03:00 PM
03/14/03 03:00 PM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
Poke,I must say that I agree with you.I was watching an interview Connie Chung held with the father and 2 brothers of the young girl last night and the father was sticking his tongue out and joking around like it was no big deal.If you had just got your daughter back after she was gone for 9 months,should you be acting like that?I thought something strange was going on when I saw that.

"You got to lose to know... how to win."
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58426
03/14/03 03:09 PM
03/14/03 03:09 PM
Nyah Offline
Capo
Nyah  Offline
Capo
coming up next: reality t.v takes a new twist as a real life family fakes the kidnapping of their 14 year daughter for 15 minutes of fame!

... just kidding... that was really lame of me...

The expression "paperless office" has now been officially defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as meaning "an office full of stuff, much of it paper, arranged in a higgledy-piggledy manner wherever it may lie".
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58427
03/14/03 03:13 PM
03/14/03 03:13 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Originally posted by Nyah:
coming up next: reality t.v takes a new twist as a real life family fakes the kidnapping of their 14 year daughter for 15 minutes of fame!

... just kidding... that was really lame of me...
No, its very realistic of you. Parents like this ought to be crusified.
[Linked Image]

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58428
03/14/03 03:20 PM
03/14/03 03:20 PM
Uztopoke Offline OP
Underboss
Uztopoke  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally posted by ShortCake:
Poke,I must say that I agree with you.I was watching an interview Connie Chung held with the father and 2 brothers of the young girl last night and the father was sticking his tongue out and joking around like it was no big deal.If you had just got your daughter back after she was gone for 9 months,should you be acting like that?I thought something strange was going on when I saw that.
Precisely. And witnessing her father's sobs? I have seen better acting from Keanu Reeves. No...Brenden Fraser, even!

FTW
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58429
03/14/03 03:23 PM
03/14/03 03:23 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

i don't know much about the lil sister witness, but if she saw this, why didnt she sream so the parents would hear it??? *assuming IF the parents were not in on it* The daughter of "Emmanual" said that he at times looked at her sexually, the way he touched, kissed, hugged, etc. WTF?!?! Now fathers are becoming attracted to their daughters?! Incest should be punishable by battery.

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58430
03/14/03 03:51 PM
03/14/03 03:51 PM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
if anyone ever touched my kid I would slaughter their ass,regardless of prison time.

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58431
03/14/03 03:54 PM
03/14/03 03:54 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Originally posted by ShortCake:
if anyone ever touched my kid I would slaughter their ass,regardless of prison time.
hmmm....i assume you saw the movie "Enough" right? wink

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58432
03/14/03 04:05 PM
03/14/03 04:05 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

WASHINGTON (March 14) - The family of Elizabeth Smart urged Congress Thursday to quickly pass legislation to create a national alert system to save kidnapped children -- but House Republican leaders refused to strip provisions that could slow its enactment.

''Children do not have the luxury of waiting,'' said Ed Smart, father of Elizabeth, the 15-year-old recovered in Salt Lake City Wednesday, nine months after her abduction.

''Each day costs a life. If it was your child, I'm sure you would not be happy to see this legislation held up by one man,'' he said in a statement read at a Capitol Hill news conference.

Smart accused House Judiciary Chairman James Sensenbrenner, a Wisconsin Republican, of ''exhibiting reckless disregard for not only his constituents but the children throughout this country'' by piling extraneous law enforcement provisions on the legislation.

The Smart family prefers a cleaner, simpler alternative that has passed the Senate twice and has considerable bipartisan support in the House.

But House leaders, while quickly moving to schedule a vote on the ''AMBER Alert'' next week, stuck to their plans.

Sensenbrenner rejected the description of the bill's provisions as ''extraneous.'' He called it a comprehensive measure that would accomplish the goal of protecting children.

''This legislation would not only get the word out after a kidnapping, but takes strong steps to prevent them from occurring in the first place,'' Sensenbrenner said. ''The bill strengthens penalties against kidnapping and aids law enforcement agencies to effectively prevent, investigate, and prosecute crimes against children.''

The Senate bill would create an AMBER Alert system to swiftly link law enforcement across state lines and enlist local media to get the word out in the first critical hours after the abduction of a child.

The House bill would do the same, but with provisions about expansion of the death penalty, mandatory sentencing, sexual offenders and wiretap authority. It died in the Senate.

''By delaying the AMBER bill for over six months, Chairman Sensenbrenner and the House Republican leadership have acted as if the AMBER alert is just another issue up for negotiation,'' said Rep. Martin Frost, a Texas Democrat who wants the House to take up the Senate measure.

AMBER stands for America's Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response. It is also named after Amber Hagerman, a 9-year-old Texas girl kidnapped and murdered in 1996.

The Senate sponsors also urged the House to act on the cleaner bill.

''We want to have it passed right away,'' said Sen. Kay Hutchison, a Texas Republican and lead backer of the bill.

19:50 03-13-03

Copyright 2003 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58433
03/14/03 05:27 PM
03/14/03 05:27 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I don't know. I have a 13 year old and she's somewhat naive. Also, I have an 8 year old. If she witnessed a man with a knife who threatened to kill if she told, I can see her being afraid to move for hours. Also, God knows what Elizabeth experienced over the past 9 months. If she was sexually abused (especially if she was a virgin), I can see her being terrified enough not to run away. I don't think anyone knows what they would do given the circumstances. All the time, you hear people wonder why an abused wife doesn't just "leave" her husband, but what many don't realize is that the psychological abuse that they endure, in addition to the physical beatings, leaves them incapable of doing so. That girl lived for almost a year when the world considered her dead and buried somewhere. I say that she acted very intelligently if she managed to defy the odds and stay alive.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58434
03/14/03 05:43 PM
03/14/03 05:43 PM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
Poor Baby.I don't understand how anyone is capable of harming a kid.Physically or Emotionally.I thought she was 11.I didn't know she was 15.

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58435
03/14/03 06:03 PM
03/14/03 06:03 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
I have to recommend a great book for anyone that has children. (This is a serious post, listen here, you may not get a serious post from me again):

_Protecting the Gift: Keeping Children and Teenagers Safe (And Parents Sane)_ by Gavin De Becker

Cuts through the hype, the hysteria, and gives some very practical tips and hints.

I can NOT recommend it high enough. Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58436
03/14/03 06:04 PM
03/14/03 06:04 PM
Brooklyn
ShortCake Offline
Underboss
ShortCake  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn
No,I haven't seen 'Enough',Vercetti.Is it any good.What is everyone's opinion?

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58437
03/14/03 09:32 PM
03/14/03 09:32 PM
New York
DonsAdvisor Offline
Underboss
DonsAdvisor  Offline
Underboss
New York
Perhaps Elizabeth's religious indoctrination taught her to bow to "authority"? Her father, after all, says prayer brought back his daughter. Hence, shouldn't he be lobbying for a "Prayer Alert System"? I don't want to disparage religion, but only to critcize parents that indoctrinate their children to put blind faith in adults, particularly adults that represent some religious position. Note the Priest scandals, and the decades of silence.

Did this nut convince the girl that he was some messiah? A 14 year old girl that lives in a million dollar home is probably very different from a 14 year old girl from the hood. What kind of street smarts could Elizabeth have learned from her parents, who allow street bums into their house? Near their kids! Did you heard about the case last year when a little 7 year old black girl in Philly broke through a basement window to escape kidnappers?! Nevertheless, everyone reacts differently to circumstances. The direction of this thread seems to be blame the victim. What if Uz had been abused as a kid? I wouldn't blame him for remaining silent.

"A refusal is not the act of a friend"
Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58438
03/15/03 04:12 AM
03/15/03 04:12 AM
Graveyard
The Iceman Offline
Official BB Hitman
The Iceman  Offline
Official BB Hitman
Underboss
Graveyard
I'm with Uztopke on this one. This whole thing sounds fishy to me.

I still think there are a lot of unanswered questions. confused

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58439
03/15/03 07:47 AM
03/15/03 07:47 AM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
This sounds really intriguing!! I haven't heard anything about this (understandable, I'm over here in England) but although I've gotten the gist of the tale, could anyone please give me a link or something to the full story?? I love a mystery. Thanks.

FH

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58440
03/15/03 09:38 AM
03/15/03 09:38 AM
Big Daddy Don Offline
Sugar Daddy
Big Daddy Don  Offline
Sugar Daddy
Underboss
FH - How are you doing, have not spoken to you in quite some time. Hope all is well.

I have attached a line from CNN it goes over some of the current issues, howver around the middle of the page are some 'related' links that may fill in some of the past gaps. Hope that helps you some.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/03/14/smart.kidnapping/index.html

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58441
03/15/03 01:08 PM
03/15/03 01:08 PM
UK
Family Honour Offline
Underboss
Family Honour  Offline
Underboss
UK
Thankyou very much for the story links it was really kind of you to help me out. smile
What a strange story....I have to sort out more pieces before I come to a conclusion confused

Big Daddy, I'm fine thankyou, still sticking round the BB like a bad rash grin Thanks for asking. I hope your good too. Hope to see you in the chatroom or box sometime [Linked Image]

FH

Re: Uzi's Ruminations 3/14 "Elizabeth Smart - VERY Fishy" #58442
03/15/03 04:19 PM
03/15/03 04:19 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Originally posted by Sicilian Babe:
I don't know. I have a 13 year old and she's somewhat naive. Also, I have an 8 year old. If she witnessed a man with a knife who threatened to kill if she told, I can see her being afraid to move for hours. Also, God knows what Elizabeth experienced over the past 9 months. If she was sexually abused (especially if she was a virgin), I can see her being terrified enough not to run away. I don't think anyone knows what they would do given the circumstances. All the time, you hear people wonder why an abused wife doesn't just "leave" her husband, but what many don't realize is that the psychological abuse that they endure, in addition to the physical beatings, leaves them incapable of doing so. That girl lived for almost a year when the world considered her dead and buried somewhere. I say that she acted very intelligently if she managed to defy the odds and stay alive.
Maybe I'm gullible, but I agree 100%, Sicilian Babe. I think it went down just like we're hearing it happened. The media, too (talk about untrustworthy!), seems to be in awe that Elizabeth didn't "just run away." As the saying goes, "He who forgets the past is doomed to repeat it." I'm referring to Jim Jones' influence over 900 people back in the '70s in the jungles of Guayana. He was able to talk over 900 people into drinking cyanide-laced Koolaid...and most of these were adults! This is to say nothing of the Manson Family or countless other examples of effective brainwashing. I took a class on such cults, and I can tell you that they're extremely effecient at what they do. They isolate, indoctrinate, and subjugate through any and every means necessary. Throw in a little left-field religion, nine months, and the sponge-like mind
of a 14 year-old, anything is possible.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull