GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 261 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,820
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake #885567
06/16/16 06:12 AM
06/16/16 06:12 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
This has never been touched upon, I keep hearing Scarfo was afraid Salvie would
take over etc but having heard Phillip say "my uncle said if I'm dead u gotta keep this thing going", everyone assumed Scarfo was afraid of Salvie's power. Personally I think he knew Salvie wouldn't make a move on Scarfo himself BUT...

without Scarfo around (dead), he knew Salvie was going to be a threat to Phillip taking over. Not saying Salvie would make a move on Phillip either, just that with his status and following, there would be a strong case for Salvie taking over the family instead of Phil. And why did Scarfo want Phil to continue? Money. Apart from the LCN aspect, running a family guaranteed a steady income for he entire "personal family" therefore IF Phillip does well so do Scarfo's immediate family

Same way the Snake ordered Wild Bill's murder. Nothing to do with the beef they squashed, more so to do with keeping the money flowing Persico side (albeit different circumstances somewhat)

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885568
06/16/16 06:26 AM
06/16/16 06:26 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
If you said that why Leonetti flips instead do his time and take over the family once out ?
Maybe Leonetti make kill salvie for the money or maybe not.
Personally I think that Leonetti was sincere when flips about grow his son out of the life ecc
Leonetti was lcn until the bones and dont will be afraid of Skinny Joey.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885571
06/16/16 06:51 AM
06/16/16 06:51 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Thought this was common news . There is no doubt that Phil in the beginning when he first starts feeling that Nick was going to possibly make a move on Salvie that he was generally sick but as time went on and everyone was in Phil ear that he did start seeing exactly the way Nick and others were seeing it all money and power.

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885572
06/16/16 07:29 AM
06/16/16 07:29 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Possibly, but I think Scarfo was a me first guy. This was probably a tertiary justification

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Serpiente] #885573
06/16/16 07:56 AM
06/16/16 07:56 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
Thought this was common news . There is no doubt that Phil in the beginning when he first starts feeling that Nick was going to possibly make a move on Salvie that he was generally sick but as time went on and everyone was in Phil ear that he did start seeing exactly the way Nick and others were seeing it all money and power.

Hmm from what I read on here, seems that Phil despite what he said in his book (didn't want Salvie dead) in reality wanted Salvie to go. BUT I've not heard anyone really mention that it was Scarfo's motive in wanting him dead- to protect his nephew (future) whereas most say he done it for Scarfo himself

On another note, all this whacking anyone that poses a treat.... I think Nicky crow touched on this when he said Scarfo liked to say "more Indians and less Chiefs" meaning he wanted more soldiers less capos... But in that sense, he might as well whack all the top guys because sooner or later they will rise and rise (had they not gone jail)

Tommy del was given the power then Faffy buried him and Faffy was the main guy according to the Crow. Because Scarfo liked to
stay in Atlantic city so most of day to day Faffy was in charge

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885599
06/16/16 01:56 PM
06/16/16 01:56 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
I get what you are saying but after the murder a lot of here say came out and trust me they had every reason or excuse possible .

I have posted what I herd and I herd a lot of here say and it came mostly from girlfriends of these guys they told them almost everything it was common for everyone to know a lot of details without having any proof trust me the neighborhood knows all .

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885600
06/16/16 02:32 PM
06/16/16 02:32 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Not believing this theory at all.

It is well known that egotistical Scarfo didnt like any threats to his throne. And the timing of the hit coming after the article calling Salvie the up and coming don or whatever they called him really put a hair up Scarfo's ass.

That seals it to me, that Scarfo did it for his own selfish reasons.

And I always maintained this hit was a mistake. He was 100 percent loyal to Scarfo and was on the front lines for him during the war. He promised to look out for Salvie if anything happened to his father, and instead had him killed.

Such is life in the mob.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Serpiente] #885602
06/16/16 02:56 PM
06/16/16 02:56 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
I get what you are saying but after the murder a lot of here say came out and trust me they had every reason or excuse possible .

I have posted what I herd and I herd a lot of here say and it came mostly from girlfriends of these guys they told them almost everything it was common for everyone to know a lot of details without having any proof trust me the neighborhood knows all .

Refresh my memory Serp, I might have missed what u said (hearsay) around neighbourhood although I do recall u saying Salvie had a "beauty" he was openly dating and that contributed to his whacking.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885689
06/17/16 07:13 AM
06/17/16 07:13 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Guys sorry I have a hell of a time putting words on paper.

Yes it was Chuckey with the daughter and the way Salvie would hang out like he was single and Nicks greed and ego etc. but I am talking about Phil the way he was totally against it and then kinda if not all in for it.

People in his ear then dollar signs.

I

Last edited by Serpiente; 06/17/16 07:14 AM.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885690
06/17/16 07:18 AM
06/17/16 07:18 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Thanks Serp, in that case he buried himself. Forget Scarfo or anyone with a motive for his killing, dating an under boss's daughter (on verge of marrying her) then openly dating other broads..... He was one step away from slapping Chuckie himself or beating up on the daughter (openly)

He shud have thought with his head and not his trousers before getting involved with both chuck's girl & the broad on side

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885708
06/17/16 12:32 PM
06/17/16 12:32 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Tony I would guess if the father was just a regular guy or just a associate but he was not he was the underboss and Chucky was not only disgraced but had guys coming to him everyday telling him something else and the guys that were telling him this just wanted to get on his good side.

The guys in that life and the life is full of treachery death and deceit !!!!

Last edited by Serpiente; 06/17/16 12:33 PM.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Blackjack2121] #885712
06/17/16 01:54 PM
06/17/16 01:54 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Not believing this theory at all.

It is well known that egotistical Scarfo didnt like any threats to his throne. And the timing of the hit coming after the article calling Salvie the up and coming don or whatever they called him really put a hair up Scarfo's ass.

That seals it to me, that Scarfo did it for his own selfish reasons.
Yeah, I agree fully with Blackjack. Scarfo's ego was well beyond huge. He was obsessed with power. And yes, Salvie was 100% loyal from what I understand.

And I always maintained this hit was a mistake. He was 100 percent loyal to Scarfo and was on the front lines for him during the war. He promised to look out for Salvie if anything happened to his father, and instead had him killed.

Such is life in the mob.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885714
06/17/16 01:56 PM
06/17/16 01:56 PM
B
bigboy Offline
Underboss
bigboy  Offline
B
Underboss
OK, my comments disappeared but anyway, I agree with what Blackjack said

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Serpiente] #885717
06/17/16 02:47 PM
06/17/16 02:47 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Tony I would guess if the father was just a regular guy or just a associate but he was not he was the underboss and Chucky was not only disgraced but had guys coming to him everyday telling him something else and the guys that were telling him this just wanted to get on his good side.

Plus Chuck was a very spiteful guy.

I keep hearing "but Salvie's dad asked Scarfo to watch over him"

Yeh sure, Scarfo did. But that doesn't give Salvie a pass to piss on their legs which is what he did

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #885724
06/17/16 06:20 PM
06/17/16 06:20 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tonytough

Plus Chuck was a very spiteful guy.

I keep hearing "but Salvie's dad asked Scarfo to watch over him"

Yeh sure, Scarfo did. But that doesn't give Salvie a pass to piss on their legs which is what he did

He didn't piss on anyones leg actually. He was respectful about the entire thing according to Leonetti in his book.

He called Scarfo when he was in prison in Texas and Scarfo granted him permission to not go through with the wedding. Scarfo told him something like "You're young and these things happen...dont worry about it I will talk to Chuckie and smooth it over" Something like that...

Then he got out of prison and went right in Merlino's ear telling him the kid embarrassed him and made a mockery out of his daughter...meanwhile poor Salvie thinks he had a pass.

Scarfo was far too bloodthirsty to be a Boss.

He would mother fuck guys after they did favors for him...after a hit he would say to Leonetti " Oh he kills one guy and thinks hes Al Capone.

Another time a guy gives him 200k from a score and he turns to Leonetti and says "Guy makes a score and thinks hes rockefeller all of a sudden"

I mean christ!

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #913930
05/28/17 05:36 PM
05/28/17 05:36 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Just reading old thread ...

Yeah Blackjack all true , but Nick was under thr impression that he would die in the street or in the joint .

And he was setting things up for Phil and Nicky jr. and Mark the entire time and yes again he was most things that you said "but" he was trying to build a dynasty left to Phil Nicky and Mark without a doubt !

There was never a time that he did not think that they all would follow in the life !

This was what everybody in the neighborhood and area thought.

And I am sure more would have followed Salvie if the rats did not kill the mob .

Last edited by Serpiente; 05/28/17 05:38 PM.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #913932
05/28/17 06:07 PM
05/28/17 06:07 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Yes totally Serp, everyone likes to focus on the one reason being Scarfo's ego

I'm sure that played a part but everything added up- with the ego, chuckie's daughter, dynasty for Phil/ Nicky jr etc

However blackjack, when u say "Salvie didn't piss on anyone's leg", I'll have to
remind u the minute he broke off the engagement and openly seeing other broads was a slap in the face

Can I come round, sleep with your daughter then say sorry I've respectfully had enough of boning her for the past few months.... good bye no hard feelings

Whilst 99% of fathers would be angry and forget about it, u don't do that to a guy like Chuckie. He was very spiteful and that's where Joey inherited it from (when he made Scarfo pay)

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: furio_from_naples] #913934
05/28/17 06:11 PM
05/28/17 06:11 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
If you said that why Leonetti flips instead do his time and take over the family once out ?
Personally I think that Leonetti was sincere when flips about grow his son out of the life ecc

Because Phil didn't think he was going to jail

Once he got the 45 yrs he didn't want to do the time. The money in his eyes would have been pointless

Also u have to be very naive to believe he wanted out for his son. I don't mean that in a bad way because I like u as a poster. But Phil wasn't cut out for prison

He didn't do any heavy stretches before that conviction whereas scarfo has done few yrs here and there (that's not to say they won't flip either) look at Natale

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #913935
05/28/17 06:15 PM
05/28/17 06:15 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Salvie had a Ventnor girl that every local guy that was from 20-35 wanted and he was openly taking her places where the Merlino family cousins and uncles great aunts great uncles all frequented!!!!

He did not seam to have a worry in the world , and this was before Nick gave him the okay to hang himself !!!!

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #913936
05/28/17 06:16 PM
05/28/17 06:16 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Nick was like that !

He would let you hang yourselves with blessings!

It's the treachery of that life ...

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #913937
05/28/17 06:19 PM
05/28/17 06:19 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss

Once he got the 45 yrs he didn't want to do the time. The money in his eyes would have been pointless

Also u have to be very naive to believe he wanted out for his son. I don't mean that in a bad way because I like u as a poster. But Phil wasn't cut out for prison

He didn't do any heavy stretches before that conviction whereas scarfo has done few yrs here and there (that's not to say they won't flip either) look at Natale

You have to believe me when I tell you everything fell in Phil's lap !!!

Now he would kill you so he got his hands dirty but he was and is a pretty boy !

And he is around and very happy to see old friends.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Serpiente] #913953
05/29/17 02:11 AM
05/29/17 02:11 AM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs

Now he would kill you so he got his hands dirty but he was and is a pretty boy !

Serp are u saying uve seen Leonetti around and hanging in Ducktown recently? Thats suprising to me even if Nicky is gone no?

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: mikeyballs211] #913967
05/29/17 05:54 AM
05/29/17 05:54 AM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211

Serp are u saying uve seen Leonetti around and hanging in Ducktown recently? Thats suprising to me even if Nicky is gone no?
Ventnor,Margate would b the zones 4 Phil, Mikey...Ducktown is more or less dead,am i correct in that assumption Serp??

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #913975
05/29/17 11:05 AM
05/29/17 11:05 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Yes Mikey ,
The Friday after his death is the first . The people he was with is the more interesting thing .

Ducktown is gone other then the restaurants and Italian bakeries . st. Michael's the Church is closed and I just herd that Star of the Sea Church down in The Chelsea section was sold.

I don't think he is hanging in those towns (to many young bucks looking to get in the mob around there)but he is dropping in some old friends places of business.

Last edited by Serpiente; 05/29/17 11:12 AM.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #913999
05/29/17 05:34 PM
05/29/17 05:34 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

Skinny was Salvie's gofer I think.

If he was a little older and/or nobody went to prison would Skinny have aligned himself with Salvie and went to war with Scarfo like he eventually did with Stanfa.

Possibilities.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #914007
05/29/17 08:18 PM
05/29/17 08:18 PM
PA
I
Itiswhatitis Offline
Made Member
Itiswhatitis  Offline
I
Made Member
PA
Serp -

I respect you immensely as a poster - your cliffhanger of Phil hanging with unnamed individuals is very interesting. R u able to shed any more light on?

Last edited by Itiswhatitis; 05/29/17 08:21 PM.
Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Itiswhatitis] #914010
05/29/17 08:49 PM
05/29/17 08:49 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Itiswhatitis
Serp -

I respect you immensely as a poster - your cliffhanger of Phil hanging with unnamed individuals is very interesting. R u able to shed any more light on?

I can say one that he was with and last time he was in this place (and the person)he wrote or had his book written.

He was with his wife who he calls "Maria" in that book ,and also James Leonard , I am pretty sure and along with the timing that it possibly a second book or other form of media since his uncle has passed and Jr. Is done for thirty years .

I have posted him possibly doing something else" before " but the timing and the things he has said about after his uncle dies just has me thinking more to it !!!

Last edited by Serpiente; 05/29/17 08:51 PM.

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Tonytough] #914031
05/30/17 01:33 AM
05/30/17 01:33 AM
S
satch7 Offline
Made Member
satch7  Offline
S
Made Member
serp, the philly stuff you post is great. i do not understand why chuckie did not realize maria was better off not marrying sal with all the poon coming at him in south philly,he was likely going to be fucking up and laying other chicks

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: satch7] #914036
05/30/17 06:52 AM
05/30/17 06:52 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: satch7
serp, the philly stuff you post is great. i do not understand why chuckie did not realize maria was better off not marrying sal with all the poon coming at him in south philly,he was likely going to be fucking up and laying other chicks

Because they all did it ! But he was a underboss of a major crime family and at that time there were still crime families all over and the eyes were on him and Nick .

Don't get me wrong that killing the guy was the way to go , but knowing Nick he spoke to another figure head in a other family and or set up Salvie or Sal was doing what was put on the street what they said he was doing .

But they did make sure that they had a case on him so not to look bad. Nick was a stickler with that life so I am sure it was true or he made it true !!!

Re: Scarfo whacked Salvie for Leonetti's sake [Re: Blackjack2121] #914057
05/30/17 02:53 PM
05/30/17 02:53 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

He didn't piss on anyones leg actually. He was respectful about the entire thing according to Leonetti in his book.

He called Scarfo when he was in prison in Texas and Scarfo granted him permission to not go through with the wedding. Scarfo told him something like "You're young and these things happen...dont worry about it I will talk to Chuckie and smooth it over" Something like that...

Then he got out of prison and went right in Merlino's ear telling him the kid embarrassed him and made a mockery out of his daughter...meanwhile poor Salvie thinks he had a pass.

Scarfo was far too bloodthirsty to be a Boss.

He would mother fuck guys after they did favors for him...after a hit he would say to Leonetti " Oh he kills one guy and thinks hes Al Capone.

Another time a guy gives him 200k from a score and he turns to Leonetti and says "Guy makes a score and thinks hes rockefeller all of a sudden"

I mean christ!

Co-signed 100%

These anecdotes from Leonetti show the personality of Scarfo perfectly.

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull