GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (GangstersInc), 269 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,923
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,819
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: gun control [Re: Binnie_Coll] #885671
06/17/16 01:41 AM
06/17/16 01:41 AM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
I get what your saying socal, its interesting that Trump is taking the side of stopping terror watch list people getting guns. I guess for me, if it is done right without corruption I have little sympathy for people on a terror watch list, even if they just harbor views of terrorists and haven't technically broken the law. Same as with GitMo I have little sympathy for terror suspects there.

Re: gun control [Re: Binnie_Coll] #885681
06/17/16 04:52 AM
06/17/16 04:52 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
You live in Germany go to Iraq to see someone you who did business with and consider a friend 3 years ago. Then that friend goes on a terror watch list 6 months ago. Everyone that guy from Iraq ehas talked to from three years ago is now under suspicion and put on a no fly list.

So the German wants to come to the US to visit a person in the US. He finds out at the least minute that he can't. He has to straightened things out here. He does but instead of a three week trip it became a one week trip. Plus he lost 700 euros.

That happen to my daughters boy friend he came here with my daughter to see the sights and to see my grand daughters communion.

I had no problem with that in fact I was surprised that we had that kind of security here.

only the unloved hate
Re: gun control [Re: Binnie_Coll] #885733
06/17/16 08:47 PM
06/17/16 08:47 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Well said SoCal. Someone asked me that the other day and that was my reply as well. If we ever have a president that wants guns banned could easily put all of us (or just registered gun owners) on the no fly list or say we are being investigated stopping us from buying more. No explanations or anything.

Here in Alabama we went from a "may provide" to a "must provide" on concealed carry permits in state. That means the state must provide "why" you couldn't get a permit. I have no problem with keeping certain people from getting guns but like SoCal said the way you can find yourself on the no fly list has NEVER been provided to us. So I could agree with keeping them from buying guns, but the Feds MUST prove why in my opinion that that certain person cannot buy a gun at the Feds expense (to prove why)

Re: gun control [Re: Binnie_Coll] #886120
06/23/16 10:18 PM
06/23/16 10:18 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Good discussion from the Bill Maher show

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 06/23/16 10:20 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: gun control [Re: NickyScarfo] #886123
06/23/16 11:25 PM
06/23/16 11:25 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
I understand the argument about the second ammendment, and I'm sure if I was an American I would own a gun. However I do not understand or see how Republicans and NRA are trying to stop a ban on people on terror watch lists buying firearms, this is ludicrous and just common sense!!!

Why is it common sense? Because it sounds good? Because it's a feel good meme that's repeated over and over again by President Obama and the left-wing news media?

The fact is that people are WRONGLY put on the No-Fly List all the time.

-Even Far-Left Congressman John L. Lewis was put on the list because his name matched another person named John Lewis.

-Senator Edward "Ted" Kennedy was put on the list because his name matched someone named T. Kennedy. Unlike the average person, however, he was able to personally call the head of Homeland Security to get his name removed...in three weeks. If it takes that long for a senator, how hard to you think it is for the average person who doesn't have access and doesn't have a lot of money?

Here is one notable criticism from 2002: "In November 2002 Salon reported that the No-Fly program seemed "to be netting mostly priests, elderly nuns, Green Party campaign operatives, left-wing journalists, right-wing activists and people affiliated with Arab or Arab-American groups." Art dealer Doug Stuber, who ran Ralph Nader’s Green Party presidential campaign in North Carolina in 2000, was prevented from flying to Europe on business in October 2002. He was repeatedly pulled out of line, held for questioning until his flight left, then told falsely he could take a later flight or depart from a different airport. Barbara Olshansky, then Assistant Legal Director for the Center for Constitutional Rights, noted that she and several of her colleagues received special attention on numerous occasions. On at least one occasion, she was ordered to pull her trousers down in view of other passengers."

-Yes, that criticism was made 14 years ago, but consider how badly run many other federal departments are today, such as the Veteran's Administration. It's notorious for promoting the incompetent and making veterans wait so long for help that they die. How about the IRS (Internal Revenue Service), the American tax collecting division. It targets political groups it doesn't like for expensive audits or denies them non-profit status. The fact is that there are many false positives today.

-Here's another fact: Omar Mateen was on the terrorist watch list or no-fly list at one time, but was taken off. He was allowed weapons because he had done nothing to prevent him from getting them. He also worked security for a firm that contracted with the Department of Homeland Security. There were complaints about him, but the FBI determined he just said stuff out of anger. A former coworker, whom he stalked and harassed, said Mateen was protected because he was Muslim. A gun shop owner reported to the FBI that Mateen should be investigated for suspicious questions he asked. Nothing happened.

-Here's another fact: Representatives from CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations, and a Muslim Brotherhood front group) works directly with the Obama administration and Homeland Security. So does the Muslim Brotherhood itself. While Egypt (along with Russia, Syria, Saudi Arabia and few other countries) has declared the MB to be a terrorist group, the United States has not. The Islamist organization was founded in Egypt.

Does this mean I think there should be no restrictions on guns? No, I don't think that, but they had better be well thought out and not adopted because of political pressure from a party that wants to make a name for itself.

I suggest you read these articles:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Fly_List#Vulnerabilities

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/23/us/pol...lists.html?_r=0

Last edited by Faithful1; 06/23/16 11:30 PM.
Re: gun control [Re: Binnie_Coll] #886127
06/24/16 02:21 AM
06/24/16 02:21 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Even the ACLU has come out against the use of No Fly Lists for gun control:

http://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-mark...93780810514#_=_

Last edited by Faithful1; 06/24/16 02:21 AM.
Re: gun control [Re: NickyScarfo] #886148
06/24/16 01:09 PM
06/24/16 01:09 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Past caring, then hang a left
Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
I understand the argument about the second ammendment, and I'm sure if I was an American I would own a gun. However I do not understand or see how Republicans and NRA are trying to stop a ban on people on terror watch lists buying firearms, this is ludicrous and just common sense!!!

You know what else is just considered common sense here? Due Process. These lists trample that.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: gun control [Re: Binnie_Coll] #886203
06/24/16 10:08 PM
06/24/16 10:08 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 06/25/16 06:34 PM.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: gun control [Re: Faithful1] #886907
07/04/16 12:16 AM
07/04/16 12:16 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Even the ACLU has come out against the use of No Fly Lists for gun control:

http://www.aclu.org/blog/washington-mark...93780810514#_=_

yes, there is a real problem here, no fly lists can have on them many people who are not anyway connected to terroism, and the list constanly expands, no one knows whos on it from day to day.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull