GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (chin_gigante), 291 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,323
Posts1,058,597
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pharmaceutical Drugs #883369
05/14/16 04:21 AM
05/14/16 04:21 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline OP
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline OP
Underboss
Hello forum. I don't create topics often but I think this is an interesting question to ask everyone. I honestly don't know the answer and would like opinions/facts. The question is:

Is the pharmaceutical industry involved in the narcotics black market, specifically, does the pharmaceutical industry account for a significant percentage of illegal narcotics consumption/buying?

The reason I ask this is because if the answer is yes, it would explain how the USA is supposed to be this gigantic consumer of illegal narcotics, but drug abuse doesn't seem to be as widespread as it should be to the untrained naked eye. It would also explain how pharmaceuticals could be making a killing twice, once by buying the raw narcotics bases dirt cheap, and twice by jacking the price for a pill sky high to the consumer. Or maybe it's all just a figment. What do you guys (and gals) think?

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Pharmaceutical Drugs [Re: Alfa Romeo] #883386
05/14/16 03:55 PM
05/14/16 03:55 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
It depends on what you mean. If someone gets a legal prescription of a drug, let's say oxycodone, then starts selling some of those pills, you could stretch it out to blame the pharma industry, but that wouldn't be a logical step of blame. The pharma company legally sold the drugs to a pharmacy, then the drugs were legally prescribed to a patient by a physician. The first step of illegality occurs when the patient illegally sells the drugs.

If you mean that some evil villian CEO of a pharma company is illegally dumping certain drugs on the street, the answer would be an emphatic NO. Why would a highly-paid CEO risk prison and putting his or her company out of business? It makes no sense. Pharmaceutical companies are all highly regulated.

Re: Pharmaceutical Drugs [Re: Faithful1] #883426
05/15/16 11:07 AM
05/15/16 11:07 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline OP
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline OP
Underboss
Let me clarify. What I mean is a scenario where some big pharma CEO has corporate operatives disguised as drug dealers who would then buy narcotics on the black market, but not for street distribution, rather for legal distribution as legal prescription meds.

I looked into it a bit. Apparently the black market will pay more money to, say, a heroin farmer, than the legitimate market would...so that would preclude a big pharmaceutical trying to go that more expensive route. It just seems like such a huge potential there regardless. If there was a way the pharaceuticals could save money on the black market, I am sure they would do it. And if there is, I am sure they are. I am just wondering if this has occurred to anyone else.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Pharmaceutical Drugs [Re: Alfa Romeo] #883565
05/17/16 03:05 AM
05/17/16 03:05 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
There are drugs that are hard to get here like for AIDS not approved as yet by the FDA. So they order them on the Internet from outside the country.

There are also none prescriptions over the counter drugs and other things that you can get here that are legal here that are a lot let less expensive here then in places like Germany.

Their are people here who go and buy them here and ship them to Germany for a nice profit. There is a very small German pharmaceutical house in NJ that does that and ships them to Germany. 5 men operation they make millions a year.

only the unloved hate

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull