GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 192 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday Tommasino Neri.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,428
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,832
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,507
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,305
Posts1,058,296
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
If Crazy Phil done his time ..... #883266
05/12/16 04:21 PM
05/12/16 04:21 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
He'd be back on the streets like Narducci, Chianglini and Pung etc. Would he make a move on Skinny on behalf of his cousin... Phil's power was mainly his uncle and yes I understand when his uncle was away he was in charge (his uncle was still coming home) hence people were still afraid

Without his uncle, would he still have any power/ guys today. In his book he claimed that when he visited "mom mom" he went to a local neighbor hood bar. And one of his old
guys handed him a "piece" and said "I never saw u". So I'm guessing he still has some
people around

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883267
05/12/16 04:28 PM
05/12/16 04:28 PM
Testa Offline
Young Turks
Testa  Offline
Young Turks
Wiseguy
He would either retire/get shelved or pledge his alliegence to Merlino.

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883268
05/12/16 05:12 PM
05/12/16 05:12 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
leonetti pledge allegiance to merlino are you serious? he would kill joey leonetti hated the guy and he was loyal to hsi uncle. The guy was crazy you think he would joey get away with shooting his cousin he would have probaby become scarfo sr proxy

but you can say if leonetti did not flip the entire mafia would be very different he would have never given up the castananlo murder gravano might have not flipped i know they had the tapes but leonetti was the nail in the coffin gotti might have had longer on the streets who knows what would have happened

my point this is pointless predicting he flipped we will never know what would have happened

Last edited by gangstereport; 05/12/16 05:13 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883272
05/12/16 05:39 PM
05/12/16 05:39 PM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline OP
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline OP
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Have to agree Phil would never kowtow to Skinny!!

He'd do his own thing/ be on his own, if he couldn't avenge his uncle... cousin ..

Much has been said about Phil flipping causing Sammy to flip but I don't buy that. Well yes it might have played some part (let's not forget) there's always a chance taking on a rat at trial.... Not all rats are believable

What sealed it was the Cirelli tapes (crimes), Gotti's refusal to sever Gravano from case, again tapes (Sammy realised he was deathly in trouble with Gotti down the line), and not having Shargel as counsel

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883295
05/12/16 09:48 PM
05/12/16 09:48 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Nah - Sammy just couldn't do the time , all that gotti bad mouthing was BS , both were getting life and would likely never see each other again anyway . Sammy never really did a long bid before and like a lot of people couldn't hack it .

Say what u want about Joey but he is way more of a wise guy then Phil would ever be . Phil couldn't hack it while Joey lives it - always

Last edited by DB; 05/12/16 09:53 PM.
Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883299
05/12/16 10:17 PM
05/12/16 10:17 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
It's easy for Phil to say he'd kill Merlino when he's been free for the last 30 years

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: gangstereport] #883306
05/13/16 12:05 AM
05/13/16 12:05 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
leonetti pledge allegiance to merlino are you serious? he would kill joey leonetti hated the guy and he was loyal to hsi uncle. The guy was crazy you think he would joey get away with shooting his cousin he would have probaby become scarfo sr proxy

but you can say if leonetti did not flip the entire mafia would be very different he would have never given up the castananlo murder gravano might have not flipped i know they had the tapes but leonetti was the nail in the coffin gotti might have had longer on the streets who knows what would have happened

my point this is pointless predicting he flipped we will never know what would have happened

Gravano might not have flipped? That is a huge stretch...I dont think that played a major part or any part in his choice to rat

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883307
05/13/16 12:06 AM
05/13/16 12:06 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
I also dont think Leonetti would just be able to kill Merlino.

Merlino always had a lot of loyalists...besides Joey has ducked like what...a dozen or so attempts on his life I think I read?

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: DB] #883390
05/14/16 04:50 PM
05/14/16 04:50 PM
Montreal, QC
TheRedZone Offline
Button
TheRedZone  Offline
Button
Montreal, QC
Originally Posted By: DB
Nah - Sammy just couldn't do the time , all that gotti bad mouthing was BS , both were getting life and would likely never see each other again anyway . Sammy never really did a long bid before and like a lot of people couldn't hack it .

Say what u want about Joey but he is way more of a wise guy then Phil would ever be . Phil couldn't hack it while Joey lives it - always

Meh, easy to say but like it or not, Nicky and Phil burned so bright in the late 70s and 80s that they simply got caught up with due to the insane amount of resources and political effort that the G deployed against the entrenched LCN back then. You can't deny Joey is a true wiseguy but I think Phil had a lot more smarts.

As for OP question...

I don't know tbh...

Being off the streets for that long surely would erode his connections on the streets, but I think his best bet would have been to join Nicky Jr under the Lucchese umbrella(ofc implying he managed to stay out of jail), and assemble a crew to muscle back into AC, and eventually maybe make some headway in philly with the help of the old Scarfo guys, and eventually manage to reactivate Scarfo senior as a powerful NJ-based Lucchese IP Capo, from there who gives a crap about what "skinny Joey" does while he's smothered by the FBI for the rest of his life? All the satellites mobs are pretty much on the ropes and have been for a decade or two now, if LCN survives in any capacity it's going to be from NYC/Chicago outward, not from south philly.

/end novel

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883392
05/14/16 05:59 PM
05/14/16 05:59 PM
D
dsbaloo Offline
Underboss
dsbaloo  Offline
D
Underboss
Like said above for some reason Joey had and still has a rather large group of people very loyal to him. I never fully understood why but literally a good majority of the philly guys seem to stand behind him for the last couple decades.. Especially since it seems like hes a greedy fuck as a boss and I can't see him treating the guys below him that well... Philly is really strange when it comes to lcn.. For one of the families outside my/nj they have a large amount of rather young soldiers.. The other fams outside ny literally have a few dinosaurs who make book and that's it. I mean in all the pics of Joey down in Florida he has like a 5 man crew around his restaurant with him and they're all in their 30s

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883393
05/14/16 06:11 PM
05/14/16 06:11 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
If phil had done his time, NY never would have washed there hands of nicky, and he would still be boss.

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: dsbaloo] #883394
05/14/16 06:14 PM
05/14/16 06:14 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: dsbaloo
Like said above for some reason Joey had and still has a rather large group of people very loyal to him. I never fully understood why but literally a good majority of the philly guys seem to stand behind him for the last couple decades.. Especially since it seems like hes a greedy fuck as a boss and I can't see him treating the guys below him that well... Philly is really strange when it comes to lcn.. For one of the families outside my/nj they have a large amount of rather young soldiers.. The other fams outside ny literally have a few dinosaurs who make book and that's it. I mean in all the pics of Joey down in Florida he has like a 5 man crew around his restaurant with him and they're all in their 30s

young guys have always liked joey he has always attracted a big following its his personailty. He has always had core loyal group borgesi mazzone mikey chang and angelini in the 80s scarfo senior said no one was allowed to assoicate with joey merlino after chuckie got shelved marty angelni kept hanging around him when scarfo senior found out he went mad and ordered scarfo junior and tory scadfi to beat marty up with bats which they did. Guys like Marty took a beating for joey because of the loyalty

I did not include johnny chang he is not a merlino loyalist never was. During the mob war in the 90s johnny chang from prison was telling mikey chang and merlino to sit down with stanfa and joey chang johnny chang was neutral. When he got out of prison he had to choose to back joey merlino the stanfa organization were all in prison the merlino crew was on the streets he had no choice but to back merlino it was that or get killed. The merlino mob according to johnny chang himself he felt did not trust him as one of the inner circle because he had brothers on both side but he was a massive earner johnny chang

Quote:
John Ciancaglini was in prison during the war, serving a sentence for an extortion conviction. He returned to South Philadelphia in 1995.

"I'm considered in the middle," he told Previte, "because I had one brother on your side and one brother on the other."

Prosecutors are using the Previte tapes, which have dominated the last week of the trial, to link the defendants through their own words to mob-controlled gambling and stolen property rings. For the first time, some of the discussions played yesterday also dealt with narcotics.

But the most personal discussions were those of John Ciancaglini.

Among other things, Ciancaglini offered Previte some advice about how to conduct himself in a world where few people can be trusted and where incompetence was the hallmark of most of the so-called leaders.

"Be the man that you are," he said. "Just make yourself a little scarce. That's what I do. I mean, I'm there if anybody needs me, but I try to be as scarce as I can. I mean, you knock 20, 30 percent of our problems out."

Ciancaglini discussed the legitimate businesses he was involved in - a construction firm, a T-shirt company, and an exterminating business - and then returned to talk of his late brother Michael.

"My brother Michael was an ace," he said. "The only thing about Michael, he had a head like a rock. . . . He didn't take no [expletive]. I told him all the time: 'Wait till I come home, Mike. I got 17 months. Wait till I come home.' "

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: TheRedZone] #883401
05/14/16 11:05 PM
05/14/16 11:05 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Phil ratted . Really no point playing what if unless just playing it like a game which is the case , then by all means carry on but it's all make believe

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883405
05/14/16 11:47 PM
05/14/16 11:47 PM
S
Sauce Offline
Wiseguy
Sauce  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Phil is a smug lil rat.

Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883427
05/15/16 11:27 AM
05/15/16 11:27 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

I don't know how Merlino hasn't been flushed out yet.

He's like the Omar Little of LCN.

His insubordination is more befitting of rank and file than boss.

Capos, soldiers and associates have gotten whacked for the shit he has pulled as boss.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: gangstereport] #883452
05/15/16 06:47 PM
05/15/16 06:47 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

This i agree w/ most..Phil,on 1 hand ..i think would find a way 2 snuff that little street corner punk out of the picture..joey wouldn't b nothing if it wasn't 4 his drunk ass pops,& 2nd ,yes phil hated that little motherf....,& has more balls and killing instinct & way more intelligence to put a change into the philly future lcn than slowy joey will ever possess.,....he would have demanded loyalty.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...
Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Tonytough] #883490
05/16/16 11:36 AM
05/16/16 11:36 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
If none flipped but the Crow then the family would have stayed in tact even with most of the leadership in prison.

Sr. most likely would have never put down for Stanfa by N.Y.

It would have gone down the line and more guys would have been made under Sr while he was in prison .

And Skinny would have never had a shot cos he would have been killed.

Everything setup for Skinny to take hold of the family and live to tell it .

And Phil and the older cats would have gotten out with there stripes...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: If Crazy Phil done his time ..... [Re: Serpiente] #883709
05/18/16 10:21 PM
05/18/16 10:21 PM
n.e.philly
hoodlum Offline
Underboss
hoodlum  Offline
Underboss
n.e.philly
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
If none flipped but the Crow then the family would have stayed in tact even with most of the leadership in prison.

Sr. most likely would have never put down for Stanfa by N.Y.

It would have gone down the line and more guys would have been made under Sr while he was in prison .

And Skinny would have never had a shot cos he would have been killed.

Everything setup for Skinny to take hold of the family and live to tell it .

And Phil and the older cats would have gotten out with there stripes...
AMEN.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull