GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Irishman12, mobcleve), 226 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,518
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,967
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,348
Posts1,059,042
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: azguy] #883360
05/13/16 08:17 PM
05/13/16 08:17 PM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
Good question. Probably just a old man with money who's living out his fantasy of being "involved in the life". Or maybe he enjoys having someone spend his money.

Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: gangstereport] #883361
05/13/16 08:25 PM
05/13/16 08:25 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Probably just infatuated with the lifestyle.. Sounds like a huge tool to me. If you have excess income, giving it to Joey Merlino is one of the worst things you could possibly do.

Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: gangstereport] #883364
05/13/16 08:55 PM
05/13/16 08:55 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
It's his money...he can do whatever he pleases with it regardless of how stupid we think it is.

Wish I had a friend like ol Stan lol

Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: gangstereport] #883365
05/13/16 08:59 PM
05/13/16 08:59 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
the bonanno case the one which took down massimo and vitale all of them orginally started as an IRS investigation by the feds targeting Barry Weinberg and Augustino Scozzari both flipped wore a wire on richie cantella and frank coppa both flipped and then massimo and vitale got indicted then vitale flipped

so you could say the IRS investigation into barry Weinberg took down the entire Bonanno family hierarchy

I recently finished a book on Massino...I dont recall those two names being the start of the investigation into Merlino though...it was another guy that he had depositing money for him or laundering or something...and that led them into Massino...but the point of getting the guy was to get Merlino..I dont recall it being these two other guys then they went after Merlino

They brought those two forensic accountants on specifically to target Massino since he was too smart with his counter surveliance

Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: mightyhealthy] #883366
05/13/16 09:02 PM
05/13/16 09:02 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
There's a lot of wealthy guys who are obsessed with mob guys and many of them act like groupies around them. Even here in L.A., there's a ton of these old rich guys who've seen The Godfather one too many times. Isgro has a lot of those idiots around him. I believe Nicholson is one of them.

Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #883367
05/14/16 12:48 AM
05/14/16 12:48 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
I just feel that the financial situation surrounding Joey's daughters isn't really anyone's business.

When it's obviously the proceeds of crime that's a stupid thing to say.

18yr old girls driving Porsches paid for in money their father either stole or extorted and you're fine with that? You're Switzerland suddenly on his daughters $150k cars?

No ones blaming the daughters but to claim that's above reproach reflects poorly upon yourself.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 05/14/16 12:49 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: Blackjack2121] #883371
05/14/16 06:12 AM
05/14/16 06:12 AM
G
gangstereport Offline OP
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline OP
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
the bonanno case the one which took down massimo and vitale all of them orginally started as an IRS investigation by the feds targeting Barry Weinberg and Augustino Scozzari both flipped wore a wire on richie cantella and frank coppa both flipped and then massimo and vitale got indicted then vitale flipped

so you could say the IRS investigation into barry Weinberg took down the entire Bonanno family hierarchy

I recently finished a book on Massino...I dont recall those two names being the start of the investigation into Merlino though...it was another guy that he had depositing money for him or laundering or something...and that led them into Massino...but the point of getting the guy was to get Merlino..I dont recall it being these two other guys then they went after Merlino

They brought those two forensic accountants on specifically to target Massino since he was too smart with his counter surveliance

These guys had nothing to with merlino i was talking about Massimo

Feds brought in two forensic accountants took look into money laundering in the Bonanno famil because the FBI were struggling and did not know how to make a case against massimo. They noticed Vitale and Cantarella were partners in several parking lots owned by Barry Weinberg so barry was put under surveillance.Weinberg hadn't filed tax returns in over a decade not paying $1 million in taxes feds told him he was going to prison if he did not flip. He flipped. Then Augustino Scozzari flipped after feds found he was laundering richie cantellas money through the restaurant.

The tapes Scozzari and Weinberg made on richie cantella and frank coppa buried them which led them to flip.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: gangstereport] #883376
05/14/16 08:14 AM
05/14/16 08:14 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

These guys had nothing to with merlino i was talking about Massimo

Feds brought in two forensic accountants took look into money laundering in the Bonanno famil because the FBI were struggling and did not know how to make a case against massimo. They noticed Vitale and Cantarella were partners in several parking lots owned by Barry Weinberg so barry was put under surveillance.Weinberg hadn't filed tax returns in over a decade not paying $1 million in taxes feds told him he was going to prison if he did not flip. He flipped. Then Augustino Scozzari flipped after feds found he was laundering richie cantellas money through the restaurant.

The tapes Scozzari and Weinberg made on richie cantella and frank coppa buried them which led them to flip.

I know that...I accidentally typed Merlino instead of fat rat Massino...

Maybe it was Weinberg I cant recall...But in your other post you made it seem like they stumbled into Massino rather than the feds following his money to get him because all other efforts were exhausted

Anyway,,, back to the other Joey

The suave, smooth talking, ridiculously handsome...oh and did I mention suave? Joey Merlino!

lol

Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: gangstereport] #883380
05/14/16 12:13 PM
05/14/16 12:13 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

My next door neighbor who lives on section 8 has one of them porshe cayeens not to impressive. The dealer who fianced them is probably making a killing and thing probably got 100k miles on it and its 3 yrs old.

Re: Gangland: Joey Merlino is the boss [Re: dsbaloo] #883388
05/14/16 04:05 PM
05/14/16 04:05 PM
R
reginald_denny Offline
Button
reginald_denny  Offline
R
Button
Where did you hear this from?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull