GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 193 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,824
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,226
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 27 of 55 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 54 55
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Alfa Romeo] #893853
09/14/16 08:01 PM
09/14/16 08:01 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Whether you think it's wrong or not does not change the fact that it is racist, bigoted, and wrong.

Do you have locks on the front door of your home?

If not, why not?

alfa, living in N.Y.C. is much different than anywhere else in America, N.Y.C. is indeed a target, elsewhere people don't worry about terroist attacks, am I going to worry about attacks in Idaho? of course not. therefore you nust understand that the rest of the country, N.Y.C. means nothing to them, up here in the northwest, and many parts of the south, and western states, N,Y,C, may as well be mars. gulliani found that out when he ran for president, in the west, the far west, the far north, no one turned out to see him. his campaign was meaningless, now hes looked upon as a trump stooge. trump supporters are much different than the rest of the country, many are KKK. and far-right extremists, Hillary was right in characterizing them.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #893854
09/14/16 08:08 PM
09/14/16 08:08 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Wrong again. Romney's 47% statement could not have been about the whole country simply because if he was talking about the entire country he would have said "100%," which he didn't say since that would have been ridiculous.

My bad for not wording it correctly.

Clinton was sample sizing Trump voters, and Trump voters only, to make her point.

Romney was sample sizing the entire country to which the 47% he's referring to is included in.

Quote:
Moreover, the statement was correct. Romney said 47% of Americans pay no tax. Politifact and CBS News both fact-checked it and found it accurate.

That's not what he said. Just to brush you up, here's his exact quote.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what...who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. ...These are people who pay no income tax. ...and so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.

He called nearly half the country "dependent on government", and implied they don't have "personal responsibility".

A statement like that is only going to play to the far right, and would be disastrous in a national election, as it turned out to be.

I'm familiar with the quote, just as the writers at Politifact and CBS News are. Was Romney factually incorrect on nearly half the country being dependent on government?

And no, Romney did not "play to the far right." Romney has no connection to the Far Right except in your mind. It also wasn't any sort of "play" at all since it came from a private meeting and not from a public forum.

Was it something he shouldn't have said since Left-wingers and the Far Left would take it out of context? Yes. Would he have beat Obama if he didn't say it? Unlikely. The media was giving excess coverage to non-stories and non-events to defeat his campaign, this being one example. If President Obama threw out a statistic about his political opponents back then it would have gotten comparatively little coverage. Oh wait, he did just that in 2008 when he referred to people in small communities in Pennsylvania and the Midwest who cling to guns and are bitter, etc., and when it was reported on it was either downplayed or dismissed. This double-standard in news coverage helps explain why no matter what Romney could have said it would have made no difference in the 2012 election.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #893856
09/14/16 08:19 PM
09/14/16 08:19 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Great rundown, Helen. History's going to have a lot of fun with the Trump campaign.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #893862
09/14/16 08:36 PM
09/14/16 08:36 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
And no, Romney did not "play to the far right."

I said that his 47% quote only plays to the far right. Meaning, only the far right would think it was a good thing to say. Romney doesn't just share stats on public assistance, he used terms like "personal responsibility" and "dependent". He basically said half of this country is made up of bums. It was so typical for a sheltered, rich kid like him. He had no chance of beating Obama anyway, but that quote made him outright loathsome. It was...deplorable. Thank you, Mrs. Clinton.

Quote:
It also wasn't any sort of "play" at all since it came from a private meeting and not from a public forum.

Again, wan't talking about his intentions, I was talking about who the comment plays to, who would think it was a good comment.

Also, anyone who hasn't figured out yet that there is practically no privacy in today's world once you step outside of your bathroom is not smart enough to be president anyway.

Quote:
Was it something he shouldn't have said since Left-wingers and the Far Left would take it out of context? Yes.

The only people that took it out of context were his supporters, in order to sugar coat it and play damage control. It was one of the worst things ever said by a presidential candidate. Sadly, however, another GOP candidate has already topped him.

Quote:
The media was giving excess coverage to non-stories and non-events to defeat his campaign

According to whom?

Quote:
If President Obama threw out a statistic about his political opponents back then it would have gotten comparatively little coverage.

How could you possibly determine this? Do you work in the media?

Quote:
Oh wait, he did just that in 2008 when he referred to people in small communities in Pennsylvania and the Midwest who cling to guns and are bitter, etc.,

No, he didn't. Similar to Clinton, Obama was referring to rural right wingers specifically. Romney said that 47% of the entire country was irresponsible and dependent on government. Obama had only sample sized a small portion of the public, Romney sample sized the entire public. The entire country, at least.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #893864
09/14/16 08:39 PM
09/14/16 08:39 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
lol,lol, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "sic em" oak. tell them like it is.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #893866
09/14/16 08:42 PM
09/14/16 08:42 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Don't get me in trouble, Binnie. I'm not siccing anybody. No personal insults. Perhaps a small dash of sarcasm, like some Tony Chachere's on the chili, but I receive a lot of that, too.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #893871
09/14/16 09:16 PM
09/14/16 09:16 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Whether you think it's wrong or not does not change the fact that it is racist, bigoted, and wrong.

Do you have locks on the front door of your home?

If not, why not?

alfa, living in N.Y.C. is much different than anywhere else in America, N.Y.C. is indeed a target, elsewhere people don't worry about terroist attacks, am I going to worry about attacks in Idaho? of course not. therefore you nust understand that the rest of the country, N.Y.C. means nothing to them, up here in the northwest, and many parts of the south, and western states, N,Y,C, may as well be mars. gulliani found that out when he ran for president, in the west, the far west, the far north, no one turned out to see him. his campaign was meaningless, now hes looked upon as a trump stooge. trump supporters are much different than the rest of the country, many are KKK. and far-right extremists, Hillary was right in characterizing them.

Reading through this thread, I'm starting to see that.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #893882
09/14/16 11:28 PM
09/14/16 11:28 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
If you really want your eyes opened about how many people outside of NYC see it, take a look through the comment section at places like the Blaze or Breitbart (if you can stomach it) when they run a story that pertains to the city. Lots of them would be happy if all of us 'Librul jew fags from the cesspool on the Hudson' got what we 'deserved'.

Next time I see one I'll link it here. It's sick.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #893884
09/14/16 11:35 PM
09/14/16 11:35 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
That's why I've always found it sad that so many New Yorkers, particularly Jews, Catholic Irish, Catholic Italian, etc, are so far to the right, and align themselves with right wingers in rural America and the south. The feeling is not mutual.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #893887
09/14/16 11:42 PM
09/14/16 11:42 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Btw- I didn't mean that I think you see us that way Binnie. smile I know you were just pointing out that not everyone has the same viewpoints as NY residents.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: helenwheels] #893891
09/15/16 01:09 AM
09/15/16 01:09 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Btw- I didn't mean that I think you see us that way Binnie. smile I know you were just pointing out that not everyone has the same viewpoints as NY residents.

no,helen I see N,Y,C,residents as intelligent, thoughtful human beings, however to the country as a whole, they have a distasteful view of new Yorkers, and it will never go away.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #893892
09/15/16 01:14 AM
09/15/16 01:14 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Don't get me in trouble, Binnie. I'm not siccing anybody. No personal insults. Perhaps a small dash of sarcasm, like some Tony Chachere's on the chili, but I receive a lot of that, too.

yes, didn't mean to sic them per se, only return fire, I do,and we should. and I refrain from personal insults myself.

sometimes not much tolerance on these boards. keep posting, you have like many enriched the discourse.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: helenwheels] #893895
09/15/16 01:54 AM
09/15/16 01:54 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
At Real Clear Politics, Clinton still leads on Electoral Votes, and as we know, the EC the only thing that matters in US elections.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Trump can get 100% of the vote in the states that normally go red, and it won't matter. The election will be decided in a few battleground states. Those state polls are the ones to pay attention to.

Well, visiting that site, and carefully clicking on each state under the category "toss up" in the center of the graphic, it would appear that Hillary is projected to win unless something changes. Now CNN just reported this evening that some swing state polls have shifted in Trump's direction, but I'm [almost] sure those measurements were "priced in" to the Real Clear Politics poll stats. If everything stays the way it is right now, Trump has already lost.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #893900
09/15/16 03:10 AM
09/15/16 03:10 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
And no, Romney did not "play to the far right."

I said that his 47% quote only plays to the far right. Meaning, only the far right would think it was a good thing to say. Romney doesn't just share stats on public assistance, he used terms like "personal responsibility" and "dependent". He basically said half of this country is made up of bums. It was so typical for a sheltered, rich kid like him. He had no chance of beating Obama anyway, but that quote made him outright loathsome. It was...deplorable. Thank you, Mrs. Clinton.

Quote:
It also wasn't any sort of "play" at all since it came from a private meeting and not from a public forum.

Again, wan't talking about his intentions, I was talking about who the comment plays to, who would think it was a good comment.

Also, anyone who hasn't figured out yet that there is practically no privacy in today's world once you step outside of your bathroom is not smart enough to be president anyway.

Quote:
Was it something he shouldn't have said since Left-wingers and the Far Left would take it out of context? Yes.

The only people that took it out of context were his supporters, in order to sugar coat it and play damage control. It was one of the worst things ever said by a presidential candidate. Sadly, however, another GOP candidate has already topped him.

Quote:
The media was giving excess coverage to non-stories and non-events to defeat his campaign

According to whom?

Quote:
If President Obama threw out a statistic about his political opponents back then it would have gotten comparatively little coverage.

Quote:
Oh wait, he did just that in 2008 when he referred to people in small communities in Pennsylvania and the Midwest who cling to guns and are bitter, etc.,

No, he didn't. Similar to Clinton, Obama was referring to rural right wingers specifically. Romney said that 47% of the entire country was irresponsible and dependent on government. Obama had only sample sized a small portion of the public, Romney sample sized the entire public. The entire country, at least.

The Far Right, meaning white nationalists, Neo-Nazis and the KKK, said nothing about Romney's 47% statement. That's just something you made up. And what does Mrs. Clinton have to do with it?

I don't think anyone thought it was a good comment, but neither is it as bad as the Far Far Left thinks it is. To say it's one of the worst things ever said by a presidential candidate is ridiculous and insanely wrong. Do you think that's worse than President Johnson saying, "We'll have these n----rs voting for us for two hundred years"? I can think of a lot of other statements that are far worse.

You do realize that there are organizations that monitor the media, don't you?

This scale of excuse-making takes being sycophantic to a whole new level, but it is amusing.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Faithful1] #893936
09/15/16 02:16 PM
09/15/16 02:16 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
To say it's one of the worst things ever said by a presidential candidate is ridiculous and insanely wrong.

Calling half the country bums, which is what Romney did, is one of the worst things ever said in a presidential campaign.

Quote:
You do realize that there are organizations that monitor the media, don't you?

Fair enough. How have they determined that a candidate *would* get more or less coverage under any particular circumstance? I've seen some of these right wing "media monitoring" sites. They're run by people that can barely tie their shoes, much less detail how the media would hypothetically cover something that never happened.

Quote:

This scale of excuse-making takes being sycophantic to a whole new level, but it is amusing.

Romney said that half the country were leeches. That could include anyone. Of any background, gender, race, political leaning, income, what have you. That's why his comment was so polarizing and unpopular. People didn't know if he was talking about them.

Clinton referred specifically to Trump supporters. That means, anyone who's not a Trump supporter knows she's not talking about them. Therefore, her comments aren't nearly as polarizing. It only pissed off the Trump supporters. Everyone else agrees with her.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #893964
09/15/16 07:53 PM
09/15/16 07:53 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
The Democrates are getting scared trump my win. They should be scared it's the economy stupid. Trump they have found it is bullet proof. Now they grasping at straws to try and bring him down. It probably won't work.

Hill knows shit about how to make jobs.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #893979
09/16/16 12:44 AM
09/16/16 12:44 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
I agree, hillary is in big trouble, trumps got a free ride with the press, they shy away from asking him about his tax returns, and his foundation, and his university, all under investigation. the press is fixated on hillarys e- mails.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894020
09/16/16 04:00 PM
09/16/16 04:00 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Binnie did you see trumps press conference on how the military should run. The place was full of advisers Generals and the alike. They all praised trump for listening to their advice. They also mentioned helping wounded warriors.

Place had a lot of the press. They planned to ask trump on whaeather obama was an American or not.

After they spoke they introduced trump. He started by saying that Hillary's people started the question whether obama was an american or not. Then he said I ended it when obama finally produced his birth certificate. So I say to you all that Obama is an American.

Then he left the stage. He took no set up questions from the press. It was a brilliant plan by trump.

On all the other stations they attacked trump on that issue. That is all they can do.

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Footreads] #894051
09/16/16 10:07 PM
09/16/16 10:07 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Binnie did you see trumps press conference on how the military should run. The place was full of advisers Generals and the alike. They all praised trump for listening to that Hillary's people started the question whether obama was an their advice. They also mentioned helping wounded warriors.

Place had a lot of the press. They planned to ask trump on whaeather obama was an American or not.

After they spoke they introduced trump. He started by saying american or not. Then he said I ended it when obama finally produced his birth certificate. So I say to you all that Obama is an American.

Then he left the stage. He took no set up questions from the press. It was a brilliant plan by trump.

On all the other stations they attacked trump on that issue. That is all they can do.

hes a real head case foots, if he would have been made in profacis family in Brooklyn in the 50s, he would have been clipped.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894059
09/17/16 12:06 AM
09/17/16 12:06 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I think Obama would have made a solid Profaci soldier. First made black guy. First black president.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894096
09/17/16 03:21 PM
09/17/16 03:21 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Obama is a Sicilian

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894097
09/17/16 03:23 PM
09/17/16 03:23 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
Binnie did you see trumps press conference on how the military should run. The place was full of advisers Generals and the alike. They all praised trump for listening to that Hillary's people started the question whether obama was an their advice. They also mentioned helping wounded warriors.

After they spoke they introduced trump. He started by saying american or not. Then he said I ended it when obama finally produced his birth certificate. So I say to you all that Obama is an American.

hes a real head case foots, if he would have been made in profacis family in Brooklyn in the 50s, he would have been clipped.

What makes you think he had the balls to be in the life

only the unloved hate
Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894105
09/17/16 04:31 PM
09/17/16 04:31 PM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
Trump is the next president. sorry liberals.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894109
09/17/16 05:13 PM
09/17/16 05:13 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
It's not just liberals that would be sorry if Donald Trump were president.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: OakAsFan] #894143
09/18/16 12:39 AM
09/18/16 12:39 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
It's not just liberals that would be sorry if Donald Trump were president.

Oak, if either one became president, it would piss off some large segment of each party. Many Republicans do not accept Trump. Guest what, and you know this...many Democrats are in the never Hillary camp also.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894146
09/18/16 01:14 AM
09/18/16 01:14 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
what a mess either way, and there could be some trouble if trump is elected,if he tries to by-pass congress to get his way,we could have a constitutional crisis.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894147
09/18/16 01:20 AM
09/18/16 01:20 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Binnie, they are both train wrecks. If Hillary is elected, she allows Muslim extremists to continue to stream into the country and the illegal alien situation goes beyond repair. Right now we are being attacked by South and Central America in the form of a stampede. They are sending little kids. That's not right.

If Trump is elected, you got a guy who doesn't care for NATO as much as the so-called leader of the free world should. The economy is projected to shrink by 1 trillion dollars under him. He is another idiot supply sider who believes tax cuts will create jobs and riches for poor people. He is not against nuclear proliferation the way he should be. He also misunderstands the proper use of force, considering it as a proper answer to hostile military preening and exercizes.

They both stink.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894148
09/18/16 01:25 AM
09/18/16 01:25 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
and who are the ones that will suffer for their ignorance? yes..... you and I and millions like us, never them.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894149
09/18/16 02:06 AM
09/18/16 02:06 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
and who are the ones that will suffer for their ignorance? yes..... you and I and millions like us, never them.

The people, like us, who understand that both are clusterf---s are in the best position. You can prepare for each presidency.

One of them wants to keep American dominance abroad, but is giving the barn away to foreigners at home. During the economic recovery, nearly 100% of all new jobs created went to immigrants. Not cool.

The other wants to keep "America for Americans", but will plunge the country into another recession and shrink America's presence on the world stage, withdrawing from treaties, weakening NATO, creating vacuums and opportunities for Russia to expand its influence.

The stated policies of each candidate are not well thought out. As a matter of fact, I doubt either ever actually sat down and really thought about the world in a strategic way at all.

Re: what if trumps wins the presidency? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #894152
09/18/16 05:38 AM
09/18/16 05:38 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
what a mess either way, and there could be some trouble if trump is elected,if he tries to by-pass congress to get his way,we could have a constitutional crisis.

Yes the same way Obama has bypassed congress. Which opens up the door for trump to do the same.

only the unloved hate
Page 27 of 55 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 54 55

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull