GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 191 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,302
Posts1,058,255
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Why is Obama so Polarizing? #881794
04/23/16 06:16 PM
04/23/16 06:16 PM
Queenstown, New Zealand
NickyScarfo Offline OP
Underboss
NickyScarfo  Offline OP
Underboss
Queenstown, New Zealand
Seems people either love him or hate him, I haven't seen a President in my life time so polarizing. I get that if you have a Democratic president, conservatives will kind of hate on them, and vise versa, but I have never seen anything like it on Fox News, or other conservative media. I was shocked to find out recently he actually has a pretty good approval rating at the moment, after seeing a lot of fox news (I know but its entertaining with this GOP battle) I was led to believe he's the worst President ever, in the history of America. Seems the two main points that have got him hated by Conservatives is the Iran deal and Obama Care. I don't know if these are a good or bad thing.
These last 8 years have kind of passed by with Obama being pretty anonymous, I remember the Clinton and Bush years well in comparison.
The death of Bin Laden happened on his watch, but so did the rise of ISIS. Voters are complaining about unemployment and growth but yet he inherited an economic disaster period, and I read the economy is slowly growing.
I would be interested to hear Americans views on him, like, dislike? Why is he so polarizing? Overall I think he's a good guy, he has bold ideas, but they have kind of fallen short in being realized in these 8 years.
Two small things that kind of pissed me off being English, he called France America's closest ally, and he removed a bust of Churchill from the Oval office that George Bush had been given. Say what you want about Bush but I really liked the respect he showed Britain and the special relationship.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #881799
04/23/16 07:54 PM
04/23/16 07:54 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

First, Obama could burn down an orphanage on prime time TV and most blacks would vote him into a third term if they could.

Notice how the liberal international community gave him the Nobel Prize for...what was it it again? Oh yeah, being the first black president and not being George W. Bush.

The guy was totally dishonest about his position on gay marriage early on and only "evolved" once he was safely in the White House. Not that any liberals have taken him to task for his phoniness.

He's supposed to be a Constitutional scholar but packs the Supreme Court with like-minded liberals who hold the Constitution in contempt and rule according to their own liberal views.

The guy has fed into the black thuggery, defending the likes of Treyvon Martin and sending representactives to the funeral of Michael Brown.

One can partly blame Republicans for never doing anything themselves about the cost of health care in the US but Obamacare was hardly the answer.

His Iran deal is awful and another example of him being weak on international politics.

All I give him credit for is getting Bin Laden, which was just lucky timing on his part, and not being shy about using drones.

Overall Obama has been a disaster.

Oh, in the interest of facts, that story of Obama and the Churchill bust isn't true. It was on loan to Bush during his presidency and Bush returned it when it ended. Though I have no doubt Obama, with his warped world view, doesn't look kindly on Churchill.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/23/16 08:01 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: IvyLeague] #881856
04/24/16 09:25 AM
04/24/16 09:25 AM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
[quote=IvyLeague]First, Obama could burn down an orphanage on prime time TV and most blacks would vote him into a third term if they could.

The dumb shit people say(Dumbass).

Last edited by F_white; 04/24/16 09:27 AM.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: F_white] #881879
04/24/16 12:46 PM
04/24/16 12:46 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: F_white
[quote=IvyLeague]First, Obama could burn down an orphanage on prime time TV and most blacks would vote him into a third term if they could.

The dumb shit people say(Dumbass).

Signed,

The guy who can't use the quote function correctly.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: IvyLeague] #881904
04/24/16 04:31 PM
04/24/16 04:31 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
For most of America's history, presidents were figureheads. Congress ran what there was of the federal government, and that didn't amount to much until the Great Depression and World War II, when presidents, starting with Franklin D. Roosevelt, vastly expanded the government. The postwar era also thrust America into a global leadership position, putting more burden--and more visibility--on presidents. More recently, TV puts everything the president says and does in front of everyone, 24x7. Polarization is a natural consequence of vastly expanded role presidents play and the visibility they have.

FDR, elected four times and widely regarded by historians as one of the three greatest presidents, was far and away the most polarizing of the 20th Century chief executives. So, too, is Obama, who is the worst president of the postwar era.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #881912
04/24/16 05:00 PM
04/24/16 05:00 PM
Newcastle Upon Tyne
short841 Offline
Underboss
short841  Offline
Underboss
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Obama and John Kerry are no friends of the UK, kerry blocked a treaty allowing ira sympathisers to be extradicted to UK, and Obama well....you only have to read the telegraph article about him being anti british

"You shouldn’t be embarrassed by your wealth. This contempt for money is another trick by the rich to keep the poor without it" - Michael Corleone

"You don't have to count the dead to understand the business of the Camorra" Gomorrah, Roberto Saviano
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #881914
04/24/16 05:16 PM
04/24/16 05:16 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Obama had no past no one knew what he has done as a new senator except for having the gift of gab. Very much like Rubio in this regard.

What we did know he evidently was a good family man.

Very surprised when he got elected. For change people had it with Bush. That is why he was elected for a change.

He was a member of a radical church. People found out he cut ties with the church.

He had Van jones in his cabinet a admitted communists also with the gift of gab. He let him go when the truth came out. Then CNN hires a communist as if he was a real news reporter.

Everyone he hired with different opinions then Obama. Has resigned Obama wants yes men surrounding him.

Obama is true to his beliefs he is a social list who follows the orders of the people who got him elected. He is one of them.

Our economy is not better now. More people on welfair then ever before. More fore closers then before.

Bad buyers can still get loans for houses they can't afford. Nothing was fixed.

Health care is more expensive then it ever was before. It will fold in two years. Unless the president can raise the more money from tax payers to pay for it.

It going to hurt everyone including middle class. They will become the 1 percent then they will have to pay there fair share.

On Hillary she was Secretary of State hears those guys in Bengazi are in trouble, and then does nothing to help them. President knows he does nothing to help them. Fucking cowards if I was Secretary of State I would order them helped then and there. If she would have done that I would have voted for her. She had no balls.

These people are all cowards their sheep hoping to get other sheep to follow them.

only the unloved hate
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: IvyLeague] #882871
05/06/16 10:27 AM
05/06/16 10:27 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
First, Obama could burn down an orphanage on prime time TV and most blacks would vote him into a third term if they could.

Notice how the liberal international community gave him the Nobel Prize for...what was it it again? Oh yeah, being the first black president and not being George W. Bush.

The guy was totally dishonest about his position on gay marriage early on and only "evolved" once he was safely in the White House. Not that any liberals have taken him to task for his phoniness.

He's supposed to be a Constitutional scholar but packs the Supreme Court with like-minded liberals who hold the Constitution in contempt and rule according to their own liberal views.

The guy has fed into the black thuggery, defending the likes of Treyvon Martin and sending representactives to the funeral of Michael Brown.

One can partly blame Republicans for never doing anything themselves about the cost of health care in the US but Obamacare was hardly the answer.

His Iran deal is awful and another example of him being weak on international politics.

All I give him credit for is getting Bin Laden, which was just lucky timing on his part, and not being shy about using drones.

Overall Obama has been a disaster.

Oh, in the interest of facts, that story of Obama and the Churchill bust isn't true. It was on loan to Bush during his presidency and Bush returned it when it ended. Though I have no doubt Obama, with his warped world view, doesn't look kindly on Churchill.

You do realize that you can be a constitutional scholar and not agree with the right wing of the court? You do understand that is a possibility?

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #882911
05/06/16 07:42 PM
05/06/16 07:42 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Oh stop with all your political anaylysis...its because he is black.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: MaryCas] #882920
05/06/16 08:49 PM
05/06/16 08:49 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: MaryCas

clap

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #882962
05/07/16 10:43 AM
05/07/16 10:43 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

It's the lazy liberal cop out to attribute criticism of Obama to his race. But playing the race card is what liberals do best.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: MaryCas] #882971
05/07/16 12:35 PM
05/07/16 12:35 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: MaryCas

And there it is, the race card!

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #882994
05/07/16 06:54 PM
05/07/16 06:54 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
When people complain about the "race card" do they not realize blacks are discriminated against?

Also Ivy, did you see my other question?

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: mightyhealthy] #882997
05/07/16 07:13 PM
05/07/16 07:13 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
When people complain about the "race card" do they not realize blacks are discriminated against?

Yeah I guess Blacks are the only ones being discriminated against. Muslims, Jews, Hispanics, Asians , Disabled, Transferred, Gay, all have it made. There is discrimination on all races sometimes by their very own. The Italians, Irish went through it. Just get get over it and move forward. America offers great opportunities to everyone. Either take advantage of it or just quit crying about it! For Christ sake we have a Black President and a Black Attorney General, countless Black Congressmen, Black Senators,Black CEO's, leaders and Executives, Black Millionaires so please quit playing the race card. Maybe you are not cut out for the job or are an incompetent thats why you are getting fired or replaced. It has nothing to do with race. America is the land of opportunity so go out there and seize it!

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: mightyhealthy] #883009
05/07/16 10:39 PM
05/07/16 10:39 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy

There will always be individual racists. But the kind of widespread institutional racism that liberals whine about, and have convinced blacks abd other minorities that it still exists in order to make them feel like victims, is long gone. The only ones who keep it alive are liberals/minorities themselves. Because now it's something they can use to their advantage.

But back to the point here. MaryCas and SC know damn well Obama can be fairly criticized for any number of things. But they take the easy way out many liberals do by automatically claiming the critique is just based on his color. It's lazy and dishonest.

And, generally speaking, the right wing of the Court has always held more to what the Constitution actually says while the left wing has always read more into it than what's actually there. It's where they get their "living, breathing document" BS from. Eventually, under liberal interpretation, the Constitution gets so twisted and corrupted as to be rendered meaningless.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Beanshooter] #883013
05/07/16 11:03 PM
05/07/16 11:03 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
The "get over it" is always easier said than "done". If it was that simple than shouldn't white supremacist/neo-nazi groups stop their nefarious philosophy and disperse?

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: BlackFamily] #883014
05/07/16 11:16 PM
05/07/16 11:16 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
The "get over it" is always easier said than "done". If it was that simple than shouldn't white supremacist/neo-nazi groups stop their nefarious philosophy and disperse?

As should the New Black Panther Party that is nothing more than a racist and anti-Semitic organization whose leaders have encouraged violence against whites, Jews and law enforcement officers.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: IvyLeague] #883022
05/08/16 01:00 AM
05/08/16 01:00 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
But back to the point here. MaryCas and SC know damn well Obama can be fairly criticized for any number of things. But they take the easy way out many liberals do by automatically claiming the critique is just based on his color. It's lazy and dishonest.

rolleyes Yadda yadda yadda.

BTW - the laundry called. Your sheets with the eyeholes in them are ready.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #883036
05/08/16 09:50 AM
05/08/16 09:50 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
I think some of it is his race, but to use his race when someone legitimately criticizes his administration is unfair and it happens more often then not.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: SC] #883042
05/08/16 10:31 AM
05/08/16 10:31 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: SC

rolleyes Yadda yadda yadda.

BTW - the laundry called. Your sheets with the eyeholes in them are ready.

So we're just doubling down on the lazy cop out and dishonesty now, huh?

If I was a KKK-minded person like you suggest, why do I think Dr. Ben Carson would have made a good president? Oh that's right, because he's a conservative so he doesn't count. He's not your kind of black politician.

I'll be the first to say I don't think a woman should be president. But I have no problem with a black (or other minority) president if they're conservative and fit for the office. All things Obama is not.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/08/16 10:33 AM.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Beanshooter] #883053
05/08/16 05:19 PM
05/08/16 05:19 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
I completely agree along with the radical offshoots of the NOI and other black supremacy/separatist types as well. As you know though this isn't going to stop anytime soon nor individuals teaching their children stereotypical beliefs of other ethnicities.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #883061
05/08/16 10:45 PM
05/08/16 10:45 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
You can always count on adults teaching innocent children to hate.

With me it was different dear old departed Daddio just hated me. I must have been public enemy number 1 as a 5 yr old. Man do I miss that prick. smile

only the unloved hate
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #883076
05/09/16 11:36 AM
05/09/16 11:36 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
A woman shouldn't be president? Grow up.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #883086
05/09/16 02:25 PM
05/09/16 02:25 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
A women can be president just not Hillary.

only the unloved hate
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Footreads] #883088
05/09/16 02:36 PM
05/09/16 02:36 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: Footreads
A women can be president just not Hillary.

And don't forget Elizabeth Warren Foots!

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #883103
05/09/16 07:27 PM
05/09/16 07:27 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
She is 1/20th Indian and she calls herself a minority and got a Harvard education for free. Voters did not care and elect her senator. She passed nothing while she was senator and they want her as a Vice President.

Amazing

only the unloved hate
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #883104
05/09/16 08:05 PM
05/09/16 08:05 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
If she's 1/20th Native American then I'm a Buick!

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #883309
05/13/16 03:18 AM
05/13/16 03:18 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Crap like this makes the question in the original post seem insane.

It's one thing to watch the insanity from a distance. It's quite another when it creeps closer to home.

Obama Administration Mandate Transgender School Bathroom Access

http://abcnews.go.com/US/obama-administr...ory?id=39081956

Of course we know Obama, as misguided, foolish, and just plain stupid as he is, will back this since it was his administration that pushed for women to be in all combat roles.

Senate Panel Calls for Women to Sign up for Military Draft
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/senate-panel-women-register-military-draft-39081314

Last edited by IvyLeague; 05/13/16 04:17 AM.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #883312
05/13/16 06:59 AM
05/13/16 06:59 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Frankly, I doubt if Obama cares about most of the shit he talks about. He does not care about transgender or Hispanics for that matter.

He cares what his handlers tell him to care about.

My brother just had his 80th birthday yestarday. I told him I think we will live forever.

Most of my friends are dead. If they were still alive they would not believe what's going on today.

In soccer they banned heading for kids. Because of that some leagues have banned punting the ball. Soon they will ban making the defensive wall.

What the fuck is next. Oh yeah Hilary's new theme countries without borders.

only the unloved hate
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #883314
05/13/16 07:05 AM
05/13/16 07:05 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Oh yes ok to smoke pot more powerful then the pot we ever smoked as kids. You get into a car accident while high their is no test to confirm you were high legally. That means you might not do time for killing a family in a car while high.

Obama must love that shit. Hillary and Bernie are happy.

only the unloved hate
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull