GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 226 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,000
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,361
Posts1,059,248
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I was right there! #56586
09/13/01 01:35 PM
09/13/01 01:35 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I work in the World Financial Center which is connected to the World Trade Center by a walking bridge over West street. My building is right on the river, two blocks from the center. GOd was watching ovewr me that morning. I arrived in work and went to the lounge to watch ESPN and have coffee. As I was watching I heard a loud bang and 30 seconds later the news broke into the program saying that a plane had crashed into one of the towers! My partner and I looked at each other and being that we both worked inside the Trade Center back in 1993 and escaped the bombing then, we decided to get the hell out of our building. ALl of a sudden the news yells out " Oh my god, another plane has hit the other tower!!!" At that moment, we ran out of the building. We watched the towers burn!!! ( I am starting to cry as I write this ). We were waiting for a boat to come to take us over to Jersey, realizing that there was no way that we could head towards the Disaster to try to get home. While waiting, allowing woman and
children to board the first boats that arrived, we all watched in HORROR as the building burned and people, literally dozens of them,were jumping from the 80th floor or higher to there death, deciding if they should burn to death or jump to thier death!!! What a horrific sight! I will never forget it!!!!! As a boat came into the dock, the first building started to crumble and fall!!!! OH MY GOD!!! Bodies were flying all over the air!!! As we stepped on our boat, in amatter of seconds, smoke, clouds, fire and debri came over the financial center building totally covering the courtyard and dock that I just had stepped off of!!! We all dove for cover on the boat and the Captain full throttled that boat to get us away as quickly as he could. I got up, looked at where I was just standing, and could not see anything but smoke and debris covering everything and everyone that could not get onto the boat and were stranded where I was just seconds ago was standing!!!! Everyone, ncluding myself were ALL CRYING. SIckening sight! Friends and Co-Workers that I have been with for years were standing and the next second were gone, covered in Debris and Smoke. Till today, I have only been able to get in contact with three of them, that thank GOD are ok. We still don't know about the rest. As I got to the other side of the River the second building came down! I am sick! I will never ever forget the sights that I witnessed and the sounds of the screams and the falling buildings will stay with me forever!! I cannot continue. I am getting sicker by the moment trying to share this nightmare with all of you. My God, My God. What a sight!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: I was right there! #56587
09/13/01 01:49 PM
09/13/01 01:49 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

That really touched me Don Cardi. And i'm very relieved to find out you are physically alright after the attack. It's only fair to say that moment will be with you for a long time, but by opening up like that is a great reliever and a way to move on. You've done the right thing in opening up.

Everyone is truly saddened by this whole situation. I offer my condolances.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: I was right there! #56588
09/13/01 01:59 PM
09/13/01 01:59 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
I agree with the above comments....

Thanks for sharing your story with those of us who are so far removed (in terms of miles).

We are all happy you were not injured and sincere wishes to you that you hear that more of your co-workers are safe.

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: I was right there! #56589
09/13/01 02:03 PM
09/13/01 02:03 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I'm relieved that you're okay, Don Cardi. Thanks for sharing; I can't imagine how horrible it must've been. My prayers go out to those who've been lost in these catastrophes.

Keep the faith, buddy,

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: I was right there! #56590
09/13/01 02:30 PM
09/13/01 02:30 PM
Miami
E
EB Offline
Wiseguy
EB  Offline
E
Wiseguy
Miami
My God; I cannot imagine the devasation. I am so sorry that you had to see it first hand. My thoughts and prayers are with you and all the peoples of NY and America. Please take care of yourself God Bless You

Re: I was right there! #56591
09/13/01 02:35 PM
09/13/01 02:35 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
DITTO to everything that's been said, Don Cardi....my thoughts are with you and I'm glad you were one of the lucky ones. I cried just READING your recount of the events; I can't imagine what you must've gone through.
Best wishes,
Apples

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: I was right there! #56592
09/13/01 03:03 PM
09/13/01 03:03 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Don Cardi you are alright and that is good.

Re: I was right there! #56593
09/13/01 03:29 PM
09/13/01 03:29 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Don Cardi -

Wow!....I am so happy to hear that you're OK! That is one hell of a story!

I never even knew you worked down there, and in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't know it....I would have been worrying major league.

Re: I was right there! #56594
09/13/01 04:02 PM
09/13/01 04:02 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ARE SOOOOO GREAT!!! I thank all of you who have responded with such kind thoughts and words! I will keep you all posted as I find out more news regarding my friends and co-workers. I thank you all for your sincere interest.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: I was right there! #56595
09/13/01 09:43 PM
09/13/01 09:43 PM
Pittsburgh
L
Liz Skywalker Offline
Underboss
Liz Skywalker  Offline
L
Underboss
Pittsburgh
Maybe the Force be with you, [b]Don Cardi[/i], and if you believe in G-d, may He go with you and watch over all of your friends and loved ones.

"Bacio tua mano."

"But...it was so artistically done."
Re: I was right there! #56596
09/14/01 12:23 AM
09/14/01 12:23 AM
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
D
Don Rico Offline
Underboss
Don Rico  Offline
D
Underboss
The Wrong Side Of The Tracks
Don Cardi clearly you are blessed. Your account has touched all of us deeply.

Power wears out those who do not have it.
Re: I was right there! #56597
09/14/01 03:54 AM
09/14/01 03:54 AM
S
Sonny Offline
Underboss
Sonny  Offline
S
Underboss
Jesus fxxxxxx christ. I can't find the words. My girlfriend was crying as we were reading that.

It's good to know you're OK Don Cardi. I'm sure it'll take some time to get over it, but it is certainly you were lucky. Maybe God is sending you a message here (my girlfriend reminds me of Connie by describing me as a "...cold-hearted bastard..." for saying this.) I watched Pulp-fiction for the first time a couple of days ago, and that guy (Samuel L. Jackson) had a point in thinking it was a miracle.

Anyway, I'm real glad that one of my favourite posters is still around.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: I was right there! #56598
09/14/01 03:37 PM
09/14/01 03:37 PM
Great, let me repeat that, Gre...
D
Don Noledge Offline
Underboss
Don Noledge  Offline
D
Underboss
Great, let me repeat that, Gre...
Just read your message Don Cardi! What a horrific experience it must have been for you and all those others, I strongly agree with all the above comments. So glad that your OK...

It was a very brave thing telling us about it.

noledge

"If you win you win. If you lose you still win. Theres no way you can lose." Joey - Raging Bull
Re: I was right there! #56599
09/14/01 05:31 PM
09/14/01 05:31 PM
UK
T
the angel of justice Offline
Capo
the angel of justice  Offline
T
Capo
UK
Don Cardi, I am very relieved to hear that you are OK, and am very sorry that you had to see these images in plain view, i wish you the best of luck in making contact with others of your friends and co workers.

"Neri, take a train to Rome. Light a candle for the Archbishop." - Vincenzo Corleone

"But if he betrays me your prayers will not be swift enough to catch him on his way to hell." - Salvatore Guiliano
Re: I was right there! #56600
09/14/01 09:46 PM
09/14/01 09:46 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
I have just found out some horrible news. 5 co-workers of mine, who I've worked with for many years, are unaccounted for as they went to a meeting that morning at the World Trade Center! It is feared that they have perished in the attack. Damn those fucking coward terrorists!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: I was right there! #56601
09/14/01 09:50 PM
09/14/01 09:50 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Im sorry to hear that Don Cardi.

Re: I was right there! #56602
09/14/01 10:34 PM
09/14/01 10:34 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
I have just found out some horrible news. 5 co-workers of mine, who I've worked with for many years, are unaccounted for as they went to a meeting that morning at the World Trade Center! It is feared that they have perished in the attack.

Don Cardi -

I can't even imagine the anquish you must be going through. It isn't enough that you had such a harrowing experience yourself on the day of the attack, but now you have to deal with the agony of your missing co-workers.

You are in my prayers, my friend!

Re: I was right there! #56603
09/15/01 12:16 AM
09/15/01 12:16 AM
D
Dr Jules Segal Offline
Made Member
Dr Jules Segal  Offline
D
Made Member
Don Cardi
I am very sad to hear your story, but glad to hear you made it, physically.

This link is a tribute to how well New Yorkers are handling this, for lack of a better word, tragedy.

Mike Peters Editorial Cartoon

--A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns--
Re: I was right there! #56604
09/15/01 12:18 AM
09/15/01 12:18 AM
Missouri
Bogus Castellano Offline
Underboss
Bogus Castellano  Offline
Underboss
Missouri
I work in the World Financial Center which is connected to the World Trade Center by a walking bridge over West street. My building is right on the river, two blocks from the center. GOd was watching ovewr me that morning. I arrived in work and went to the lounge to watch ESPN and have coffee. As I was watching I heard a loud bang and 30 seconds later the news broke into the program saying that a plane had crashed into one of the towers! My partner and I looked at each other and being that we both worked inside the Trade Center back in 1993 and escaped the bombing then, we decided to get the hell out of our building. ALl of a sudden the news yells out " Oh my god, another plane has hit the other tower!!!" At that moment, we ran out of the building. We watched the towers burn!!! ( I am starting to cry as I write this ). We were waiting for a boat to come to take us over to Jersey, realizing that there was no way that we could head towards the Disaster to try to get home. While waiting, allowing woman and
children to board the first boats that arrived, we all watched in HORROR as the building burned and people, literally dozens of them,were jumping from the 80th floor or higher to there death, deciding if they should burn to death or jump to thier death!!! What a horrific sight! I will never forget it!!!!! As a boat came into the dock, the first building started to crumble and fall!!!! OH MY GOD!!! Bodies were flying all over the air!!! As we stepped on our boat, in amatter of seconds, smoke, clouds, fire and debri came over the financial center building totally covering the courtyard and dock that I just had stepped off of!!! We all dove for cover on the boat and the Captain full throttled that boat to get us away as quickly as he could. I got up, looked at where I was just standing, and could not see anything but smoke and debris covering everything and everyone that could not get onto the boat and were stranded where I was just seconds ago was standing!!!! Everyone, ncluding myself were ALL CRYING. SIckening sight! Friends and Co-Workers that I have been with for years were standing and the next second were gone, covered in Debris and Smoke. Till today, I have only been able to get in contact with three of them, that thank GOD are ok. We still don't know about the rest. As I got to the other side of the River the second building came down! I am sick! I will never ever forget the sights that I witnessed and the sounds of the screams and the falling buildings will stay with me forever!! I cannot continue. I am getting sicker by the moment trying to share this nightmare with all of you. My God, My God. What a sight!

Don Cardi

Yes. Have hope and may God be with you.

"It is no secret that organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year. This is quite a profitable sum, especially when one considers that the Mafia spends very little for office supplies."
-Woody Allen

"I'm going to blame some of the people in this room. And that, I do not forgive."

-Don Vito Corleone
Re: I was right there! #56605
09/15/01 01:11 AM
09/15/01 01:11 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
I have just found out some horrible news. 5 co-workers of mine, who I've worked with for many years, are unaccounted for...

I'm sorry, Don Cardi -- I hope they're found, of course, but if God forbid the worst has happened, then I wish them eternal rest and peace.

I really don't have the words to more eloquently express what I mean, sorry...

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: I was right there! #56606
09/15/01 10:29 AM
09/15/01 10:29 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline OP
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline OP
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Now for some good news! While it is feared that the chances are that ay least now 10 of my coworkers are feared dead, I just received a phone call with good news informing me that 6 other co-workers made it out alive and were unable to make contact with me until today!!! Thank You GOD!!!

( IF anyone objects to my using this board as a sounding board, PLEASE let me know and I will cease posting updates to it ).

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Re: I was right there! #56607
09/15/01 11:47 AM
09/15/01 11:47 AM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
No Don Cardi its good to hear your fellow co-workers are allright.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: MobbingForMoney ]

Re: I was right there! #56608
09/15/01 12:48 PM
09/15/01 12:48 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

( IF anyone objects to my using this board as a sounding board, PLEASE let me know and I will cease posting updates to it ).

Don Cardi -

These "General Discussion" threads are here for us to post all kinds of topics.

You've been a valued member of these boards for at least two years now, and you've certainly earned the respect of many of us other members. I think we all understand, and appreciate what you've been through this past week. Keep on posting about it!

Re: I was right there! #56609
09/15/01 07:12 PM
09/15/01 07:12 PM
S
Sonny Offline
Underboss
Sonny  Offline
S
Underboss

Don Cardi

If anybody doesn't like to read such things, they don't have to open this (or any other thread). This is a public BB and you are entitled to post whatever you wish.

Glad to hear of the surviving co-workers, and sorry for the missing ones.

"..Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.."

"...now you gotta speak more than one language to pull a heist..." Pudge Nichols

"...Never shall innocent blood be shed; yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The THREE shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeaful striking hammer of God..."
Re: I was right there! #56610
09/15/01 07:48 PM
09/15/01 07:48 PM
brooklyn
C
cristopher casti lebornie Offline
Wiseguy
cristopher casti lebornie  Offline
C
Wiseguy
brooklyn
godbless america and screw the arabs that did this

christopher osborne
Re: I was right there! #56611
09/15/01 07:49 PM
09/15/01 07:49 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Originally posted by cristopher casti lebornie:
sonny is a poo licker

I wouldnt want this guy as an enemy.

Re: I was right there! #56612
09/15/01 08:36 PM
09/15/01 08:36 PM
S
sonny's girl Offline
Capo
sonny's girl  Offline
S
Capo
It's truly a blessing to tell you Don Cardi that I'm so glad that your alive and you must always remember that you have angels watching over you at all times!

Re: I was right there! #56613
09/15/01 08:59 PM
09/15/01 08:59 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally posted by Sonny:

Hey cris, why don't you watch ur mouth a bit huh?

Don't worry - cristopher casti lebornie can't post any more for breaking the rules.

JG

Re: I was right there! #56614
09/16/01 05:59 PM
09/16/01 05:59 PM
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

Hey I missed all the action. What rules did he break? What happened?

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: I was right there! #56615
09/16/01 06:00 PM
09/16/01 06:00 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Cursing and making fun of a fellow member.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull