GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Brovelli, 1 invisible), 279 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,889
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,326
Posts1,058,648
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56519
09/12/01 04:53 PM
09/12/01 04:53 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Omygosh!! Anti-death penalty? Is there really such a thing?

I do not consider myself to be a religious fanatic but I have been reamed by friends and co-workers for 2 days now after expressing my views about the death penalty. I say it is wrong to go and bomb a whole country in retalitation. That is like if Timothy McVeigh had gone and bombed the Royal Palace...would we expect the Queen Mum's people to bomb us for the acts of one man just because we are American?? I am all for swift justice but NO MORE TAKING OF INNOCENT LIVES! I'm sorry, I'm doing it again. Lots of you will disagree with me but do me a favor and take it out on Gabbie smile

I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve -
I have a history of taking off my shirt.....
Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56520
09/12/01 05:45 PM
09/12/01 05:45 PM
josh Offline
Made Member
josh  Offline
Made Member
This has nothing to do with what happened yesterday but are you sexist La Dolce Vita?

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56521
09/12/01 05:50 PM
09/12/01 05:50 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Originally posted by josh:
This has nothing to do with what happened yesterday but are you sexist La Dolce Vita?

Am I sexist? Where in the world did that come from?

I'm familiar with the term but I'm not sure where you are coming from Josh???!!!

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56522
09/12/01 06:00 PM
09/12/01 06:00 PM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Originally posted by Vendetta:
I still say it's cowardly. Every act of agression where the agressor does not show his face is a cowardly act.
Did you hear/see the Arabs cheering? mad

I'm sorry for you Americans, but maybe you forgot about the Oklahoma bombing. The first thing you did was point you're finger to the Arabs, in a later stadium it seems to be one of of your own Americans. (Mr. Mcvei)

I'm neutral in this case, i'm Italian and it's not my business. But maybe it's reasonable to wait until someone claims the action before you point youre finger.

Ok, it's not my case, i'm no Arab lover and i'm not an American lover also, but think, for the love of god, twice before you point you're finger.

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Don_Michel ]

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is userfriendly. It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with.
Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56523
09/12/01 06:03 PM
09/12/01 06:03 PM
josh Offline
Made Member
josh  Offline
Made Member
It just seems to me that you, Vendetta and Sonny's girl are very very sexist. Like the replies you write saying things about crimes that men commit and it seems that you try to make men sound as evil as possible in ever post you post and yet you never seem to talk about crimes women do(I know that men do a whole lot more crimes than women but women still do a lot of crimes).

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56524
09/12/01 06:11 PM
09/12/01 06:11 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Wow! This discussion sure has taken a turn! rolleyes

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56525
09/12/01 06:27 PM
09/12/01 06:27 PM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Originally posted by SC:
Wow! This discussion sure has taken a turn!

What do you think SC ??????????????

America is "World News" at this moment, it doesn't matter where you from, anybody has his words fixed at this moment.

You're from New York your self SC, how did you experienced this moment, was it in your area?

Contrary to popular belief, Unix is userfriendly. It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with.
Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56526
09/12/01 06:32 PM
09/12/01 06:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

No one has forgotten Oklahoma City, Don_Michel. Dont you ever think that. Secondly, the reason we thought it was terrorists from abroad was because of the numerous threats we had received, as well as the 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center that left 1000 injured and 6 dead. We had no way of knowing straight away that an american was responsible, and since it is the style of the news to speculate and throw around theories, you can bet your ass most people thought it was an extremist arab group. It turns out it wasn't, and McVeigh was punished with his life. We can surely move on, cant we?

By the way, I like to keep my personal opinions about people out of this, but I have to clear the air about something you said, Josh. A: Sonny's Girl is not sexist, she's merely trying to be friendly - why would she name herself as the girl of a male character if she loathed them so much? And dont get me started on La Dolce Vita, although I didnt have the blessing of meeting her in real life, i'm convinced she's the nicest person i've seen around here yet. Probably the best looking too wink.

[ September 12, 2001: Message edited by: Joey Montana ]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56527
09/12/01 06:38 PM
09/12/01 06:38 PM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Originally posted by Joey Montana:
We can surely move on, cant we?

Sure you can move one, Mr. Montana. No hard feelings for you. But don't forget about the finger i mentioned. Look in your own country first before you convict anyone. There are lots of idiots in the States who can plan an act like this.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56528
09/12/01 06:40 PM
09/12/01 06:40 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Originally posted by josh:
It just seems to me that you, Vendetta and Sonny's girl are very very sexist. Like the replies you write saying things about crimes that men commit and it seems that you try to make men sound as evil as possible in ever post you post and yet you never seem to talk about crimes women do(I know that men do a whole lot more crimes than women but women still do a lot of crimes).

You may have me confused with someone else, I dont think I have ever talked about men per se, unless referring to "mankind".

I happen to absolutely love men......

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56529
09/12/01 06:47 PM
09/12/01 06:47 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
In response to Don Michel's observation of us Americans, I can kind of see what he is trying to say although I think he is fresh out of tact.....

What happened yesterday was the tremendous loss of life. It doesnt matter to me the color or race of the people committing such an act just as I think many people in the world don't look at the color or race of the many victims. Sounds cliche, but people are people and given any motivation be it money, politics or religion can make crazy people come from any nationality. When Don Michel says he doesnt love the arabs and he doesnt love the americans and he is neutral, I feel he is missing the "compassion" gene. Many innocent victims with much family and friends to grieve them. For this I care not about race or color.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56530
09/12/01 06:50 PM
09/12/01 06:50 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
Hi, I'm back, I just put my soapbox away smile

Did you guys here this one?:

A man working on one of the higher floors of one of the towers was there when it got hit and managed to evacuate. Guess who was on the plane which crashed into it but his sister and her family who perished. I heard this on the bona fide news this afternoon.

Prayers to that family.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56531
09/12/01 06:54 PM
09/12/01 06:54 PM
New Mexico, USA
La Dolce Vita Offline
Underboss
La Dolce Vita  Offline
Underboss
New Mexico, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don_Michel:
[QB]

Sure you can move one, Mr. Montana. Look in your own country first before you convict anyone.

Joey, arent you in Canada??

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56532
09/12/01 07:07 PM
09/12/01 07:07 PM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don_Michel:
[QB]

Joey, arent you in Canada??

It doesn't matter for me where he's from, maybe he is just solidair with you Americans.

Don't think i liked the actions, but liked i'm mentioned before i'm no party in it.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56533
09/12/01 07:16 PM
09/12/01 07:16 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally posted by Don_Michel:
You're from New York your self SC, how did you experienced this moment, was it in your area?

I'm a 20 minute car ride to where the Towers used to be, so its not like I'm close. You guys around the world are probably seeing more of this than I am.....There are normally 7 different broadcast tv stations (not including "cable stations") that send their signals over the air. There is now only one working for those of us that don't have cable. The six other stations had their antennas on top of the Tower.

Many of my friends have harrowing personal stories, of seeing all this close up....one saw the second plane as it hit the Tower; others saw bodies fall out of the Towers as the buildings were burning; a few ran for their lives when the Towers collapsed, and the thick smoke, dust and debris made it almost impossible to breathe; some had to walk for MILES to find any kind of transportation home.

The only "personal" thing I can describe is the sound of fighter jets flying overhead. I live a 1/4 mile away from the coast, and a Navy aircraft carrier, the "George Washington" arrived offshore this morning. They've been sending flights out all day, and it sounded a little like the Persian Gulf back in 1991.

I've followed the Mayor's suggestion, and stayed out of Manhattan, and will do so for a while.

I live in a "mixed" neighborhood....made up of Jews, Italians, Russians and Chinese. Almost everyone wants some sort of retaliation, and they want it quick.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56534
09/12/01 08:01 PM
09/12/01 08:01 PM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
In response to Don Michel's observation of us Americans..........fresh out of tact.....

When Don Michel says he doesnt love the arabs and he doesnt love the americans and he is neutral, I feel he is missing the "compassion" gene. Many innocent victims with much family and friends to grieve them. For this I care not about race or color.

La Dolce Vita, like i said before i feel sorry for you Americans but i'm neutral in this "silly" horror thing. I don't like the American point of view in the Palestine case but i don't think that it will approve an act of terror like shown yesterday.

Like i said before i really feel sorry for you and for for all the peoples who lost a beloved one. The act of terror yesterday proved one thing. America doesn't reign the world anymore, altough i'll don't will be suprised if you're own CIA is behind this whole horror thing.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56535
09/12/01 09:30 PM
09/12/01 09:30 PM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
In response to Don Michel's observation of us Americans, I can kind of see what he is trying to say although I think he is fresh out of tact.....

Maybe the reason why i'm "so called" fresh out of tact is that my English is not to good. It's not my first language, and if i react in Italian will make no sence either, so i don't know all the right words to be tactfull, don't think i'm stonecold or so cause the act of terror yesterday hurts me also.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56536
09/12/01 10:47 PM
09/12/01 10:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Unregistered

America is the greatest power. It just got too comfortable with its serenity and missing intern headlines that it didn't expect something like this would happen, even though those blowhard extremist groups had sworn revenge and bloodshed would happen, I guess no one took them seriously.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56537
09/13/01 01:07 AM
09/13/01 01:07 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Originally posted by Don_Michel:

La Dolce Vita, like i said before i feel sorry for you Americans but i'm neutral in this "silly" horror thing. I don't like the American point of view in the Palestine case but i don't think that it will approve an act of terror like shown yesterday.

Like i said before i really feel sorry for you and for for all the peoples who lost a beloved one. The act of terror yesterday proved one thing. America doesn't reign the world anymore, altough i'll don't will be suprised if you're own CIA is behind this whole horror thing.

First of all, as an American, I've always felt proud of my ability to empathize with those of other races/nationalities/religions/whatever. Maybe that's just me...

Now, that being the case, I find your words despicable. You hardly sound "neutral" to me.

While the CIA has been accused of despicable acts in the past, I cannot see that now -- my God.

And, I'm not gonna say "well, of course America still rules the world!" because I never really thought that they should necessarily be in that position in the first place. But, if that's how everyone else feels, then fine -- because there has been no loss of "strength" in America.

An incident like this only makes us stronger -- so God help those responsible.

That's my first reaction, sure...

JG

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56538
09/13/01 02:52 AM
09/13/01 02:52 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
What a difference!

The pictures (below) were taken from Brooklyn looking west across the East River. The photo on top was taken September 12th, the day after the Towers went down.

in the bottom photo: The Tower with the large antenna on top was the north Tower. This was the one hit by the first plane, but the second one to topple.

Before and after
[Linked Image]

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: SC ]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56539
09/13/01 05:17 AM
09/13/01 05:17 AM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Originally posted by J Geoff:

Now, that being the case, I find your words despicable. You hardly sound "neutral" to me.

While the CIA has been accused of despicable acts in the past, I cannot see that now -- my God.

JG

I dont see the despicable tendence of my words in the posting, and i never had the intension to hurt your feelings. I'f it is please accept my excuses.

Why i wrote it then?

America doesn't reign the world anymore

Right after the attempt the airports where closed. Far as i know they still are, the whole American industry and financial life can't function at this moment. Everyone is affraid (i'm not suprised because i'll should be affraid too i've it happens in my country.) America is disabled.

i'll don't will be suprised if you're own CIA is behind this whole horror thing

The world economics doesn't work for a few months, check Nasdaq and Wallstreet for that. What is good for the economics ............. a war. I've there is no reasons for a war, why don't create reason for it then. Blow a building or two, point you're finger to bin Laden and you have reasons enough to intervent Afghanistan.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56540
09/13/01 07:18 AM
09/13/01 07:18 AM
Manchester, England
Don Andolini Offline
Made Member
Don Andolini  Offline
Made Member
Manchester, England
Don_Michel,
You need to think more carefully about the opinions you are expressing here. I understand that some meaning can be lost in translation (Italian to English) but their can be no mistaking the sentiment of your words. I for one am not interested in your ill thought-out conspiracy theory and would appreciate it if you would keep it to your self, at least for a while - this only happened two days ago. quite frankly you sound like a twit. As to your notion that the events on tuesday do not directly affect you, you are again mistaken. This was, as has now been said many times, an attack on ALL the free western world and that would include not only the US but also Italy and my home the UK.

What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!
Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56541
09/13/01 07:45 AM
09/13/01 07:45 AM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Ok Don Andolini, i'll quit.

But i don't like people who point to someone while they don't know who really is responsable for the attack.

Like i said before, i never had the intention to hurt anyone, accept my excuses if i did.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56542
09/13/01 10:00 AM
09/13/01 10:00 AM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Beth, when i say i quit i'll quit!

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56543
09/13/01 07:27 PM
09/13/01 07:27 PM
Pompano Beach, FL
MobbingForMoney Offline
Underboss
MobbingForMoney  Offline
Underboss
Pompano Beach, FL
Come on Don_Michel it was just getting good...... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: MobbingForMoney ]

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56544
09/14/01 01:12 AM
09/14/01 01:12 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Have no idea where the discussion is heading but I would just like to express my condolances to everyone who was hurt in ne way by this vicious, brutal, senseless attack..Although I know there will be the ignorant few who blame the first Arab or Muslim they see, I hope these attacks do not add too much fuel to the stereotype of the Qur'an thumping, gun toting Muslim terrorist.. As North Americans we know better than to fall victim to these types of hurtful stereotypes. However as Americans and Canadians and members of NATO we must strike back at these cowardly terrorists and let neone who threatens our peace know that this type of an attack will not be tolerated... I hope that one day the world will learn that violence for the sake of violence alone cannot solve nething..
-K. J.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56545
09/14/01 05:44 AM
09/14/01 05:44 AM
The Netherlands
Don Michel Offline
Underboss
Don Michel  Offline
Underboss
The Netherlands
Originally posted by MobbingForMoney:
Come on Don_Michel it was just getting good...... [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[ September 13, 2001: Message edited by: MobbingForMoney ]

No!!

I realize that it's sometimes better to keep your opinions for your self. Maybe i'll return on this subject in a few months when everything is cleared up.

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56546
09/15/01 12:18 PM
09/15/01 12:18 PM
Texas
V
Vendetta Offline OP
Made Member
Vendetta  Offline OP
V
Made Member
Texas
I've been off the board for a couple of days, but wanted to respond to something Josh wrote:

It just seems to me that you, Vendetta and Sonny's girl are very very sexist.

Now wait just a dadgum minute. (Yeah I'm from Texas...and I'm fixin to get mad).

What did I ever say to make you think I am sexist? Do you even know what sex I am, anyway? For all you know I could be a man or a woman. So could Vita and Sonny's Girl for that matter. Of course Joey would be very upset if Vita was in fact a 60 year old guy sitting around in a one room garage apartment, wearing a tank top and week's growth of beard, typing messages with one hand and thinking about Joey ...sorry, I digress)

Anyway I don't know where you're getting this. I don't think Sonny's Girl, Vita or I have said anything sexist!

Now I'd like to talk about DonMichel. He's apologized so I think everyone should give him a break. He's said English is not his first language, and he was apparently misunderstood.

Also everyone remember that emotions are high right now and we need to support each other, not bicker.

We've cancelled our trip to New York next weekend, unfortunately.

We will not falter, we will not tire, and we will not fail.

George W. Bush
"43"
Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56548
08/10/03 08:36 AM
08/10/03 08:36 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Never forget what those bastards did dude... ohwell

Re: World Trade Center attack! Anybody watching this? #56549
08/17/03 01:56 PM
08/17/03 01:56 PM
New York
John Petosa Offline
Wiseguy
John Petosa  Offline
Wiseguy
New York
I never will be able to forget, those bastards killed my cousin Diana.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull