GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (mobcleve, Mafia101, 1 invisible), 309 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,973
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,354
Posts1,059,082
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Queens gambling bust #880769
04/07/16 03:12 PM
04/07/16 03:12 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Nista was involved in the 2009 New Jersey gambling bust that included Genovese soldier John "Blue" DeFroscia and 30 others.

Release # 68-2016
http://www.queensda.org
twitter@QueensDABrown
RICHARD A. BROWN
DISTRICT ATTORNEY
QUEENS COUNTY
125-01 QUEENS BOULEVARD
KEW GARDENS, NEW YORK 11415-1568
718-286-6000

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: QDA (718-286-6315)
TUESDAY, APRIL 5, 2016 NYPD (646-610-6700)

QUEENS GRAND JURY INDICTS EIGHT - - INCLUDING PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYER - - FOR OPERATING MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR ILLEGAL SPORTS BETTING RING

Defendants Arrested In New York And Las Vegas;
Face Up To 25 Years In Prison On Enterprise Corruption Charges

Queens District Attorney Richard A. Brown, joined byNew York City Police Commissioner William J. Bratton, today announced that a Queens County grand jury has indicted eight individuals – including professional poker player Jay “Ghost” Sharon – on charges of operating a highly sophisticated illegal sports gambling enterprise located in Queens Countyand elsewhere that utilized gambling websites and toll-free numbers. The enterprise is alleged to have annually booked more than $3.5 million in bets and operated in New York and Las Vegas.

The defendants are variously charged in an 85-count indictment with enterprise corruption - a violation of New York State’s Organized Crime Control Act – as well as money laundering, promoting gambling and conspiracy. The defendants are now in custody in New York and Las Vegas, and are awaiting arraignment in Queens County Supreme Court. If convicted, the defendants each face up to 25 years in prison.

District Attorney Brown said, “Individuals involved in such traditional criminal enterprises as bookmaking and gambling have attempted to use the anonymity of the Internet to hide their illegal activities. Over the last few years – working with our law enforcement colleagues – we have taken down a number of these operations and put them out of business. These cases, I believe, have
put a significant dent in illegal gambling nationwide – and have saved individuals across the country millions of dollars in gambling losses.”

NYPD Commissioner Bratton said, “Across the country, this group operated an illegal sports betting ring with impunity. Today, the house won with the arrest of eight defendants in and around Queens.”

District Attorney Brown said that the investigation leading to today’s arrests began in December 2014 when the NYPD’s Organized Crime Investigation Division, in conjunction with the Queens County District Attorney’s Office’s Organized Crime and Rackets Bureau, developed
information about a betting ring operating in Queens County and elsewhere. The investigation included physical surveillance, intelligence information and court-authorized electronic eavesdropping that intercepted thousands of hours of allegedly incriminating conversations.

The District Attorney identified the alleged boss of the gambling operation as Jay Sharon who is accused of acting as the bookmaker who controlled and oversaw the entire operation and profited from each criminal pursuit by the other defendants. Jonathan Cianciotto and Joshua Handler are alleged to have been Sharon’s master-agents who managed the agents and collected the winnings from the agents. Emilio Testa, Christopher Hansen and Frank Nista are alleged to have been agents
of the enterprise and Vincent Zaccario and Gary Schreiber are alleged to have been sub-agents.

District Attorney Brown said that, according to the indictment, the defendants conspired to make money illegally through the operation of unlawful gambling that accepted bets on sporting events through wire rooms located either off-shore or in places where gambling on sports is legal. Bettors would place wagers by logging onto an Internet website or calling a toll-free number.

It is additionally alleged that, as bookmaker of the enterprise, Sharon decided on wager limits, approved new accounts and all money collected eventually funneled up to him. Sharon allegedly met with his master-agents, Cianciotto and Handler, on a regular basis, to either receive money for the bettors’ losses or to payout money (“settle up”) for the bettors’ winnings. Testa, Nista and Hansen’s alleged role in the enterprise was as agents whose job was to build a clientele of bettors who would regularly bet with the enterprise and who shared in the profits of their players’ losses each week or settled up with the bettors. It is alleged that the agents basically operated by placing bets with the wire room and facilitating the online betting by their clients on the illegal gambling website by using pre-arranged codes and passwords. Zaccario and Schreiber allegedly worked as sub-agents who, having clientele of their own, reported and paid money to an agent.

Finally, it is alleged that Sharon, Cianciotto, Hansen and Testa knowingly laundered money by transporting large sums of money in Queens and elsewhere in New York to pay and collect on gambling wagers.

In addition to the arrests, court-authorized search warrants were executed at ten locations in Queens and Nassau Counties. At present, gambling records and gambling paraphernalia and more than $ 93,000 in cash has been seized by the New York City Police Department.

The investigation was conducted by NYPD Detectives Patrick Fogarty (lead detective), Charles Walsh, Scott Signorelli and JeremyNatal, of Major Investigations; Sergeant RayAlmodovar and Jerry Garcia, Major Investigations Supervisors; Lieutenant Christopher Fasano, Commanding Officer of the Business Integrity Commission; Lieutenant Keith Loughran, Commanding Officer of the Major Investigations Section, Teams 2 and 4; Captain John A. Dusanenko, Commanding Officer
of the Major Investigations Section; Inspector John M. Denesopolis, Jr., Commanding Officer of the Criminal Enterprise Investigations and under the overall supervision of Assistant Chief Brian McCarthy, Commanding Officer of the Criminal Enterprise Division, Chief of Detectives Robert K. Boyce and Police Commissioner William J. Bratton. Also assisting in the investigation were Detective William McCabe, of the Asset Forfeiture Unit, and Detectives Katherine Jackson and Andrew Viola, of the Technical Assistance and Response Unit.

For the Waterfront Commission Detective Ralph Grasso, Sergeant William Kiely, Brooklyn Field Officer, Captain Jeffrey Heinssen, Commanding Officer of the Brooklyn Field Office, Chief Constantine Miniotis and Executive Director Walter Arsenault under the overall supervision of Commissioner Ronald Goldstock.

For the Queens District Attorney’s Office, the investigation was conducted by Detective Joseph Diehl under the supervision of Sergeant Alan S. Schwartz, and the overall supervision of Deputy Chief Investigator Robert J. Burke and Chief Investigator Franco Russo.

District AttorneyBrown thanked the Office of United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York Robert L. Capers; Special Agent Jennifer McInerney, of the United States Postal Service Office of the Inspector General; Intelligent Analyst Gainsworth Scott, of the Office of the NY High Intensity Financial Crime Area; Homeland Security Investigations(El Dorado Task Force),
Investigator William Gillespie, of the Office of Nassau County District Attorney Madeline Singas; Supervisor Creighton Felt and Special Agent Anthony Vincent, of the Nevada Gaming Control Board; and Sergeant Darren Heiner, Detectives Joseph Gagliardi, Noel Roberts, Don Fieselman and Warren Gray, and Senior Analyst Troy Howe, of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department for their assistance during the investigation. Assistant District Attorneys Michelle W. Witten, Hana C. Kim and Bradley H. Chain, of the District Attorney’s Organized Crime and Rackets Bureau, are prosecuting the case under the supervision of Assistant District Attorneys Gerard A. Brave, Bureau Chief, Catherine C. Kane and
MaryLowenburg, DeputyBureau Chiefs, and the overall supervision of Executive Assistant District Attorney for Investigations Peter A. Crusco and Deputy Executive Assistant District Attorney for Investigations Linda M. Cantoni.

It should be noted that an indictment is merely accusation and that defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

ADDENDUM

Jay Sharon, 47, of Fresh Meadows, Queens, is charged with one count of enterprise corruption, 81 counts of first-degree promoting gambling, two counts of fourth-degree money laundering and one count of fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

Christopher Hansen, 43, of Glen Oaks, Queens, is charged with one count of enterprise corruption, 53 counts of first-degree promoting gambling, fourth-degree two counts of money laundering and one count of fifth-degree conspiracy. Ifconvicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

Frank Nista, 63, of Bayside, Queens, is charged with one count of enterprise corruption, 22 counts of first-degree
promoting gambling and one count of fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

Emilio Testa, 50, of Las Vegas, Nevada, is charged with one count of enterprise corruption, eight counts of first-degree promoting gambling, fourth-degree two counts of money laundering and one count of fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

Vincent Zaccario, 29, of Flushing, Queens, is charged with one count of enterprise corruption, 12 counts of first-degree promoting gambling and one count of fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

Jonathan Cianciotto, 40, of Garden City, Long Island, is charged with one count of enterprise corruption, 71 counts of first-degree promoting gambling, two counts of fourth-degree money laundering and one count of fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

Joshua Handler, 27, of Levittown, Long Island, is charged with one count of enterprise corruption, nine counts of first-degree promoting gambling and one count of fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

Gary Schreiber, 56, of Flushing, Queens, is charged with one count of enterprise corruption, seven counts of first-degree promoting gambling and one count of fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years in prison.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #880784
04/07/16 08:27 PM
04/07/16 08:27 PM
paris
M
miklo Offline
Capo
miklo  Offline
M
Capo
paris
Are they Genovese family members or associates?

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #880790
04/07/16 08:57 PM
04/07/16 08:57 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
up to 25 for sports betting

my god

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: Blackjack2121] #880792
04/07/16 09:07 PM
04/07/16 09:07 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121

my god

In Vegas you get a plaque.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #880796
04/07/16 09:21 PM
04/07/16 09:21 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
It's rediculous.

The state is pissed because of its incompetence in not being able to do the same.

Bunch of jerk offs can't even run OTB as a profit system, give it to these guys and we would all be Rollin in dough.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #880800
04/07/16 10:35 PM
04/07/16 10:35 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Just think massino had like 10 million dollars in his house. So on a huge pay out or take in he would probably deal with whatever capo was in on it you think?

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #880804
04/08/16 12:45 AM
04/08/16 12:45 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Smell like politics; with the OC task force reduction, they probably know they will be making less cases, so the ones they DO make, they are blowing up to get the most media mileage...

25 years still seems like too much time to make it worth it, ld rather move weight, more money, faster, and apparently, the SAME risk.....

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 04/08/16 12:46 AM.
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #880956
04/09/16 07:39 PM
04/09/16 07:39 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
The below is the most ridiculous thing I've read from LE in a long time lol . By Friday I'm positive the mlb lines were back up - they had to be given time of year and current competition. Sports gambling IMO is as big as I have seen it in the NY/NJ area the last 10 years. If a bettor wanted 3 sites , it could be done within the hour. I'm curious myself if this is a result of LE current priorities, resources or the economy etc. but whatever the case, people are happy

District Attorney Brown said, “Individuals involved in such traditional criminal enterprises as bookmaking and gambling have attempted to use the anonymity of the Internet to hide their illegal activities. Over the last few years – working with our law enforcement colleagues – we have taken down a number of these operations and put them out of business. These cases, I believe, have
put a significant dent in illegal gambling nationwide – and have saved individuals across the country millions of dollars in gambling losses.”

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #880981
04/10/16 08:46 AM
04/10/16 08:46 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
I know more bookies here in Jersey than I do Doctors!

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: Blackjack2121] #880983
04/10/16 09:03 AM
04/10/16 09:03 AM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

my god

Did you even read it or did you miss the following parts: enterprise corruption, conspiracy?

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881013
04/10/16 07:56 PM
04/10/16 07:56 PM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo
Imagine how big these online operation would be if people still bet horses like they did in the 50s.

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #881233
04/13/16 07:03 PM
04/13/16 07:03 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
I know more bookies here in Jersey than I do Doctors!

Lol. So true.

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: Moe_Tilden] #881268
04/14/16 08:54 AM
04/14/16 08:54 AM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden

my god

Did you even read it or did you miss the following parts: enterprise corruption, conspiracy?

Yeah I did, I actually read the articles in threads instead of posting corny jokes all the time...

Conspiracy to commit...gambling...lol

enterprise corruption...which I believe is basically...participating in gambling on behalf of the organization...

ALL SPORTS BETTING RELATED

so yes...25 for SPORTS BETTING...MY GOD....

Enterprise corruption....the state lottery authority...oh wait its okay for them...

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881269
04/14/16 09:00 AM
04/14/16 09:00 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
25 years for sports betting and being a bookie is some bullshit though.

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: SinatraClub] #881271
04/14/16 09:42 AM
04/14/16 09:42 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
25 years for sports betting and being a bookie is some bullshit though.

It is insane. I'm this - close to voting Bernie.

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881273
04/14/16 09:51 AM
04/14/16 09:51 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
No way they get 25 years , Law Enforcement always puts the absolute maximum sentences in their press releases for propaganda purposes. They will get probation, fines, and no jail time (30-90 days in jail would be the maximum if any jail time is involved)- "Book" it!!

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #881545
04/19/16 09:13 PM
04/19/16 09:13 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
No way they get 25 years , Law Enforcement always puts the absolute maximum sentences in their press releases for propaganda purposes. They will get probation, fines, and no jail time (30-90 days in jail would be the maximum if any jail time is involved)- "Book" it!!

I doubt they get probation

Sure the years are exaggerated but these judges have hammered guys on gambling charges

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881552
04/20/16 07:48 AM
04/20/16 07:48 AM
S
Scutari Offline
Wiseguy
Scutari  Offline
S
Wiseguy
This book is connected to big bill.

Last edited by Scutari; 04/20/16 07:49 AM.
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: Scutari] #881555
04/20/16 09:29 AM
04/20/16 09:29 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Scutari

Who is Big Bill? Can you be a little more specific??

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: BillyBrizzi] #881557
04/20/16 09:48 AM
04/20/16 09:48 AM
S
Scutari Offline
Wiseguy
Scutari  Offline
S
Wiseguy
A westside guy. Does alot with the colombos.

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: Scutari] #881570
04/20/16 01:39 PM
04/20/16 01:39 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Scutari

is he made?

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881583
04/20/16 04:31 PM
04/20/16 04:31 PM
S
Scutari Offline
Wiseguy
Scutari  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Yes

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881586
04/20/16 04:43 PM
04/20/16 04:43 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline OP
IvyLeague  Offline OP
I

Care to expound on the full name of this Big Bill?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881595
04/20/16 07:17 PM
04/20/16 07:17 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I got a feeling he won't

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: Blackjack2121] #881597
04/20/16 08:11 PM
04/20/16 08:11 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I got a feeling he won't

Big Bill is Frankie P's uncle on his mothers side.

wink whistle

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881600
04/20/16 09:35 PM
04/20/16 09:35 PM
S
Scutari Offline
Wiseguy
Scutari  Offline
S
Wiseguy
He aint been pinched so I'm not mentioning his name on an open forum. If your from the area and got your ear to the ground you might know who he is.

Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881676
04/22/16 02:36 AM
04/22/16 02:36 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Good example of why Pizzaboy was so valuable to the boards.......

Anyone else from Manhattan, or the area care to chime in, you don't have to give the guy away....

@ralphie
And I mean this seriously, ever heard of this guy, in the Bronx or,anywhere? It seems we would need someone from the area for a consign....

This is the thread I meant...
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=868092&page=1

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 04/22/16 03:11 AM.
Re: Queens gambling bust [Re: IvyLeague] #881679
04/22/16 03:30 AM
04/22/16 03:30 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I also noticed, they were really only comfortable,speaking historically, about guys in the papers, already or dead...

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull