GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 337 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,890
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,665
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng #880252
04/03/16 03:19 AM
04/03/16 03:19 AM
C
carminezazzi Offline OP
Button
carminezazzi  Offline OP
C
Button
Which family do you think has more power in 2016? and why?

Probably the 3 more active familes after jersey and philly, so im quite curious

Please no arguments about detroit lol

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880254
04/03/16 03:55 AM
04/03/16 03:55 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Chicago. They have Salvatore Cecola in LV, but he has pull in Southern California, and Mesa Arizona. Rocco Lombardo is mentioned a lot but he mainly states in LV. They are not as powerful as they once were, but with the FBI having other priorities, the family is rebuilding both in membership and power. They have Angelo down in Miami who I had believed retired, but a rumor has surfaced that Angelo spent a weekend in Cuba having a meeting with Cuban officials. They also have pull in Dallas, Milwaukee, Denver and Kansas City.
Boston is in the papers a lot these days and most people will say they are more powerful then Chicago.
Detroit still has juice and is the subject of many debates but most of their power left them when many of their veterans passed away, and harsher business restrictions.
All three families have some breathing room to make new members as the FBI is going more after terrorists then the crime families.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880256
04/03/16 04:06 AM
04/03/16 04:06 AM
C
carminezazzi Offline OP
Button
carminezazzi  Offline OP
C
Button
well i guess after there was no family secrets part 2... it gave them some breathing room. But i thought they wernt making new members plus all the members are in 70s?

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #880258
04/03/16 04:26 AM
04/03/16 04:26 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@Giacomo

Very interesting,the cuba mention. Cuba, the developments that come outta there in the next few years are going to be very interesting. Chicago in general seems to be making moves to get in on the ground floor there. Obama took about 20-30 Chicago businessmen and politicians with him on his last trip there. That's going to be a hot ticket for investment in the very near future. Also, the re-opening of the Caribbean routes will have a major affect on narcotics trafficking routes worldwide, Imo.......

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880259
04/03/16 04:29 AM
04/03/16 04:29 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Chicago, New England, and Philadelphia have all had a good amount of activity. New Jersey less so but still active. It's a big drop off to Detroit after that.

And there's very little Outfit presence anywhere outside Chicago and its suburbs.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/03/16 04:36 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880261
04/03/16 04:43 AM
04/03/16 04:43 AM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Hey, Chicago helped to get your favorite President elected tongue

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880262
04/03/16 05:55 AM
04/03/16 05:55 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Detroit is a gambling operation and when the old men like frankie the bomb that was respected even by the most violent mc in Detroit all the ties will be lost,and for sure will stay out of drugs after the only rat Neve Tocco flipped for avoid drug charges.
Philly gained new blood after the Scarfo guys went out of prison and in the 2015 was made 3 person.

Chicago had crews in Rockford and Springfield in Illinois and in San Diego and maybe send a man to take what remains of milwaukee family rackets.

For me the most active is Philly.

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880265
04/03/16 06:08 AM
04/03/16 06:08 AM
C
carminezazzi Offline OP
Button
carminezazzi  Offline OP
C
Button
Ivy, do you think chicago have any members under the age of 70? haha and what do you think their ranks look like as far as numbers?

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880268
04/03/16 07:24 AM
04/03/16 07:24 AM
C
Chicken713 Offline
Made Member
Chicken713  Offline
C
Made Member
Ivy sorry to be another to bombard you with questions. So Detroit mostly has old guys that don't want their family involved?

If so even if they die out I think they had a good run just wondering if so far they've had a happy ending

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880271
04/03/16 07:33 AM
04/03/16 07:33 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: carminezazzi
Ivy, do you think chicago have any members under the age of 70? haha and what do you think their ranks look like as far as numbers?

Carmine here http://mafiamembershipcharts.blogspot.it/search/label/Chicago?m=0

Apart Vito Spillone born in the 1960 the other made men are in their 60s or 70s.

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880277
04/03/16 10:19 AM
04/03/16 10:19 AM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
All may have the same amount of active but the real question is who on the last leg.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880280
04/03/16 10:28 AM
04/03/16 10:28 AM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Chicago probably has around 30 made members. The Rockford "crew" was actually a separate family.

I would say New England probably has the longest life expectancy. Detroit may already be dead in the traditional family sense. Chicago still has a lot of activity but it's slowly becoming more of a heterogeneous mixture of criminals as opposed to an organized LCN family.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: furio_from_naples] #880286
04/03/16 11:10 AM
04/03/16 11:10 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Detroit is a gambling operation and when the old men like frankie the bomb that was respected even by the most violent mc in Detroit all the ties will be lost,and for sure will stay out of drugs after the only rat Neve Tocco flipped for avoid drug charges.
Philly gained new blood after the Scarfo guys went out of prison and in the 2015 was made 3 person.

Chicago had crews in Rockford and Springfield in Illinois and in San Diego and maybe send a man to take what remains of milwaukee family rackets.

For me the most active is Philly.

Frankie the bomb has been shelved from the mob for years and nove tocco did not flip because of drug charges nothing to do with drugs he was convicted on the same charges as Paul corrado racketeering, conspiracy, extortion and weapons violations they were shaking down bookies a lot of them move was making 100k a year from the shakedowns alone. Nove flipped because he was looking at serious time paul corrado got 17 years that's what nove would have got if he did not flip. He also waited after he was convicted to become a rat for reduced time.

None of those guys in the game tax were busted on drug charges the last real drug bust in detroit was carlo bommeratio and john pree in the early 90s. Jack Giacalone allegedly ran gambling games for major black drug dealers in the 90s because the mob were the only guys who were able to cater to the money these drug dealers were ready to spend. Also financing there drug operations the giacalones have been linked to. The DEA have been investigating Joe D`Anna links to the drug trade around the time he got busted for that assault thing. Today though Detroit is really a gambling operation.
Usher in his 70s a major black drug dealer he was at Jack toccos funeral he recently got busted for drug operation
Nove dealt cocaine in the 80s and he did time for dealing drugs.

It's when the giaclones,toccos and corrados are finished that's when I think there won't be anything left no organized mob that will be next 20 years jackie and joey Giaclone 60s peter tocco 60s paul corrado is young for Detroit 53 Tony Lapiana 73 tony pallazzo 78 joe D'Anna 58 Dave Aceto 58 that's the administration today and the age says it all. There is a group of soldiers in there 50s and 60s and there has been apparent mob induction cermonarys last 16 years but finding young guys is getting harder for this mob and that's if they are even looking for new guys jack Giacalone apparently wants a tight circle. I mean look at Jack Giacalones drive pete"gotti" tocco he is 38 not made apparently he is moving up fast but if he is the next generation then the Detroit mafia will be over in 20 years he is no wiseguy.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: F_white] #880289
04/03/16 11:53 AM
04/03/16 11:53 AM
naples,italy

naples,italy
Originally Posted By: F_white
All may have the same amount of active but the real question is who on the last leg.

White,I am agree with gangsterreport The Detroit family core is the Tocco-Corrado-Giacalone families if this 3 finished the mob in motor city will be dead even because there won't be between 20 y enough italians in Michigan or in Illinois for the Outfit case.

Philly can make men from Pennsylvania and New Jersey and the patriarcas in Massachusetts and new England. So in the 2036 will e there again.

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: furio_from_naples] #880290
04/03/16 01:16 PM
04/03/16 01:16 PM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois

White,I am agree with gangsterreport The Detroit family core is the Tocco-Corrado-Giacalone families if this 3 finished the mob in motor city will be dead even because there won't be between 20 y enough italians in Michigan or in Illinois for the Outfit case.

Philly can make men from Pennsylvania and New Jersey and the patriarcas in Massachusetts and new England. So in the 2036 will e there again.
So philly and new england still make people but chicago and Detroit not but all might have the same thing going on gambling,drugs ect.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880292
04/03/16 01:27 PM
04/03/16 01:27 PM
S
slick Offline
Made Member
slick  Offline
S
Made Member
If Vito Spillone is still alive he is about 80 years old and wasn't born in 1960. He did have a son Vito Jr., who may or may not be involved.

Here he was 48 in 1985.
http://articles.latimes.com/1985-10-03/local/me-692_1_loan-sharking-charges

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #880294
04/03/16 01:36 PM
04/03/16 01:36 PM
S
slick Offline
Made Member
slick  Offline
S
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Chicago. They have Salvatore Cecola in LV, but he has pull in Southern California, and Mesa Arizona. Rocco Lombardo is mentioned a lot but he mainly states in LV. They are not as powerful as they once were, but with the FBI having other priorities, the family is rebuilding both in membership and power. They have Angelo down in Miami who I had believed retired, but a rumor has surfaced that Angelo spent a weekend in Cuba having a meeting with Cuban officials. They also have pull in Dallas, Milwaukee, Denver and Kansas City.
Boston is in the papers a lot these days and most people will say they are more powerful then Chicago.
Detroit still has juice and is the subject of many debates but most of their power left them when many of their veterans passed away, and harsher business restrictions.
All three families have some breathing room to make new members as the FBI is going more after terrorists then the crime families.

What Angelo are you talking about in Florida? They still have people in Vegas, Milwaukee, Arizona, and Florida. But not to the same extent that they did. DeVita and a few others in Arizona. Cecola, Rizzolo, and Lombardo in Las Vegas. They have quite a few members/associates that spend some time in Florida, mostly for semi-retirement, but also Giorango and Zitello have interests in Florida.

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880296
04/03/16 02:20 PM
04/03/16 02:20 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
how many guys are there under 60 in Chicago who are made? I can think of two guys there must be more then again i dont know alot about Chicago but those recent indictments venas robbery crew and those guys who got busted for loansharking they were all associates some of them youngish guys so maybe there is young guys we have not heard about. There has to be more young guys i can think of more in Detroit who are under 60

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: F_white] #880299
04/03/16 03:08 PM
04/03/16 03:08 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy

So philly and new england still make people but chicago and Detroit not but all might have the same thing going on gambling,drugs ect.

White I dont say that chicago and Detroit dont make guys but that the last induction ceremony in Detroit was (I think) in the 2000 not sure for Chicago and most important in Illinois and Michigan the Italians are almost the 5% while in New jersey are the 40 % and in Pennsylvania almost the 20 %. So at the end you can't do a ceremony if there no one to made.

Chicago had just 3-4 men semi retired in Las vegas and/or florida just this.

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: gangstereport] #880300
04/03/16 03:12 PM
04/03/16 03:12 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
how many guys are there under 60 in Chicago who are made? I can think of two guys there must be more then again i dont know alot about Chicago but those recent indictments venas robbery crew and those guys who got busted for loansharking they were all associates some of them youngish guys so maybe there is young guys we have not heard about. There has to be more young guys i can think of more in Detroit who are under 60

Mike Sarno and Mike Magnafichi are the only two under 60 that I can say with absolute certainty are made but Sarno is in prison and Magnafichi is no longer active. I believe that Nick Cataudella may be made as well but my only source for this is the CCC. Dino Marino may very well also be made.

The truth is, nobody really knows for sure. Chicago's making ceremonies have been much less documented than other families.

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880302
04/03/16 03:18 PM
04/03/16 03:18 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Mainly because they don't have a traditional making ceremony

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: gangstereport] #880304
04/03/16 03:59 PM
04/03/16 03:59 PM
S
slick Offline
Made Member
slick  Offline
S
Made Member

Snakes is spot on. Here is a list of Italian guys under 60 who have been arrested or implicated in Outfit related things. Some might even be made we don't know, some may not still be involved. There may also be more this is just a list I made.( some ages may be within a year.)
Outfit members in their 50's and under|

Robert Panozzo Jr.-23, Nicholas Ruggio-32, Nicholas Rada-33, Andrew Rovito-34, Frank Caruso Jr.-34, Dominic Poeta-35, Diomede Cardone-36, Nicholas Ferriola-40,
John Rainone-40, Joseph Cortesi-42, John 'GIGI' Rovito-42, Sam Amabile-43, Joseph Natalizio-43, Christopher Giuliano- 45, Anthony Quaranta-45, Chris Marcotte-45, Mimmo DiDiana-46, Victor Roa-46, Mike Spano Jr.-46, Vincent Basso-46, Vincent Forliano-46, Paul Carparelli-46, Dino Vitalo-46, Vincent Saviano-47, Anthony Buttitta-47, Frank Orlando-48, Joe Abate-49, Thomas Giuliano-49, John Daddano-52, Nicholas Maggio-51, Mark Guidi-51, Anthony Giannone-52, Ronald Derosa-52, Mark Provenzano-52,Luigi Sardone-53, Vito LoCasio-53, Anthony LoCasio-?Vito's son, Charles Marzano-53, Joseph Mangiamele-53, Salvatore"sam" Galioto-53, Paul Messino-53, John Galioto-54, Anthony Volpendesto-54, Peter Volpe-55, Robert Panozzo-55, Charles Romano-55, Tommaso Lappo-56, Chris Messino-56, Nicholas Catuadella-56, Anthony Maggio-56, Sam Ranola-56, Robert Dinella-56, Angelo Cassano-56, Joseph Bonavolante-56, Dino Marino-57,Rocco LaMantia-57, Phil Cozzo-56*DEAD, Louis Capuzi-57, Lawrence Calderone-58, Michael Raguso-58, William Daddano lll-58, Jack Cozzi-59, John Balzano-59, Pietro LaBalstera-59, Vito Salamone-60, Robert Abbinanti-60, Mike Zitello-60, Robert Covone-60, Terry Scalise-60, Salvatore 'Sam' Destefano-60

Last edited by slick; 04/03/16 07:28 PM.
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880305
04/03/16 04:07 PM
04/03/16 04:07 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
why was Magnafichi shelved?

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: gangstereport] #880312
04/03/16 04:32 PM
04/03/16 04:32 PM
naples,italy

naples,italy
why was Magnafichi shelved?

https://www.americannewspost.com/josephfosco/2445/an-interview-with-gangster-michael-magnafichi/5/

In this 2011 interview Magnafichi say that he was only a bookmaker and was in trouble with the Outfit because the money.

But he was made ?

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: Chicken713] #880315
04/03/16 05:03 PM
04/03/16 05:03 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: carminezazzi

Some of the members under 70 have been posted above. There aren't many, whether or not Chicago is still making guys. It all goes back to the attrition factor and what happens to a family like the Outfit no longer has a core of made guys.

Now, that's not going to happen tomorrow but we've seen the effects of attrition. The Outfit is down from 7 or 8 crews to 4 at most. 25-30 members and a little over 100 associates according to the FBI.

Originally Posted By: Chicken713
Ivy sorry to be another to bombard you with questions. So Detroit mostly has old guys that don't want their family involved?

If so even if they die out I think they had a good run just wondering if so far they've had a happy ending

Even Scott says most of the younger generation isn't going into "the life." And all that means is Detroit is following the same path many now defunct families have as the LCN tradition slowly dies out and the children of mafiosi join other Italian-Americans in those cities as part of legitimate, mainstream society. We've seen the same in Chicago too.

We see attrition in the Northeast too but it's effects are happening at a slower pace, especially in the NY metro area.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: domwoods74] #880317
04/03/16 05:18 PM
04/03/16 05:18 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: domwoods74
Mainly because they don't have a traditional making ceremony

The last three known ceremonies (Calabrese, et. al. in 1983; Father's Day in 1988; and Como Inn (Solly D) in 1989) were traditional. Who knows how they induct them now, though (if they even still do).

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880318
04/03/16 05:19 PM
04/03/16 05:19 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
Also, Nick Ferriola is another guy under 60 that could possibly be made. Haven't heard anything about him since Family Secrets, though.

Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880322
04/03/16 07:21 PM
04/03/16 07:21 PM
S
slick Offline
Made Member
slick  Offline
S
Made Member
Sorry bout the previous post left it up and came back and hit send. So I'll repost here.

Snakes is spot on. Here is a list of Italian guys under 60 who have been arrested or implicated in Outfit related things. Some might even be made we don't know, some may not still be involved. There may also be more this is just a list I made.( some ages may be within a year.) 60 and under|

Robert Panozzo Jr.-23, Nicholas Ruggio-32, Nicholas Rada-33, Andrew Rovito-34, Frank Caruso Jr.-34, Dominic Poeta-35, Diomede Cardone-36, Nicholas Ferriola-40,
John Rainone-40, Joseph Cortesi-42, John 'GIGI' Rovito-42, Sam Amabile-43, Joseph Natalizio-43, Christopher Giuliano- 45, Anthony Quaranta-45, Chris Marcotte-45,
Mimmo DiDiana-46, Victor Roa-46, Mike Spano Jr.-46, Vincent Basso-46, Vincent Forliano-46, Paul Carparelli-46, Dino Vitalo-46, Vincent Saviano-47, Anthony Buttitta-47,
Frank Orlando-48, Joe Abate-49, Thomas Giuliano-49, John Daddano-52, Nicholas Maggio-51, Mark Guidi-51, Anthony Giannone-52, Ronald Derosa-52,
Mark Provenzano-52,Luigi Sardone-53, Vito LoCasio-53, Anthony LoCasio-?Vito's son, Charles Marzano-53, Joseph Mangiamele-53, Salvatore"sam" Galioto-53, Paul Messino-53, John Galioto-54, Anthony Volpendesto-54, Peter Volpe-55, Robert Panozzo-55, Charles Romano-55, Tommaso Lappo-56, Chris Messino-56, Nicholas Catuadella-56,
Anthony Maggio-56, Sam Ranola-56, Robert Dinella-56, Angelo Cassano-56, Joseph Bonavolante-56, Dino Marino-57,Rocco LaMantia-57, Phil Cozzo-56*DEAD, Louis Capuzi-57, Lawrence Calderone-58, Michael Raguso-58, William Daddano lll-58, Jack Cozzi-59, John Balzano-59, Pietro LaBalstera-59, Vito Salamone-60, Robert Abbinanti-60,
Mike Zitello-60, Robert Covone-60, Terry Scalise-60, Salvatore 'Sam' Destefano-60

Last edited by slick; 04/03/16 07:27 PM.
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880352
04/04/16 04:59 AM
04/04/16 04:59 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@ivyleague

so that list of known outfit guys ain't enough for u to believe they have a recruiting pool?

plus the recent indictmdents

Last edited by cookcounty; 04/04/16 05:00 AM.
Re: Whos more Active? Chicago or Detroit or New Eng [Re: carminezazzi] #880368
04/04/16 09:14 AM
04/04/16 09:14 AM
J
JJChicago Offline
Button
JJChicago  Offline
J
Button
Wow I didn't know Phil Cozzo died. He was in charge of that illegal bingo hall and did time for it. Son of Jimmy Cozzo. Very powerful guy. Phil was in his early 50s. What happened?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull