GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (m2w, 1 invisible), 299 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,538
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,996
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,357
Posts1,059,163
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: BlackFamily] #880601
04/05/16 07:47 PM
04/05/16 07:47 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Hey BF. I'll give a quick rundown on your replies:

1) Obviously each community would determine its own laws, but these are my suggestions.
A) Prisoners convicted of drug crimes would be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. There are people doing more time for drug crimes than murder, which IMO is wrong. Some are in prison as a result of a plea bargain. If they did no "harm to others" crime, then yes, they would be released. If they sold drugs in such a way that violates decriminalization, such as selling to children or forcing another to use drugs against their will, or evading taxes on it, then they do merit prison. Same with being under the influence while driving. The restrictions would be similar to alcohol and tobacco. Also, let's say a business sells marijuana at X strength, but it's really Y strength. That's fraud, which is a form of theft and a property crime.

2) Spike Lee used "Chiraq" to draw attention to the high murder rate in Chicago, and I think there was a study that compared it to Iraq during the Iraq War, and Chicago (at times) had a higher rate. Plus, this topic is about Chicago killings, so it's relevant. I used the word terrorist in its most literal sense. The violent criminals are terrorizing their communities. Today when people think of terrorism they think of ISIS, but back in the early 1900s when the Black Hand was extorting businesses and blowing up buildings, the Black Handers were called terrorists. So under this older definition there doesn't have to be a political or religions aspect to it, just terror.

So what would constitute terrorism in this sense? Gangsters indiscriminately shooting into crowds, shooting/killing in connection with robbery/burglary/rape, etc. In the case of a justifiable revenge shooting, if the shooter seeking revenge carefully goes after the target to make sure no one else can be harmed, that would NOT be terrorism. If a gang forces someone to join a gang by intimidation, that is terrorism. I understand revenge for someone killing your child or a spouse (that's what I mean justifiable), but gang revenge can be for anything, such as disrespect, crossing out a gang sign, etc.

Domestic shootings can be a form of domestic violence or even domestic terrorism. If a spouse is beating and threatening a spouse, that's terrorism. Yes, this older definition of terrorism is broad, but maintains the word terror. Spouses and communities should live in terror. Bullying can be a form of terrorism.

Appreciate the long post, so nothing to apologize for. Iron sharpens iron, and in-depth discussions can result in better answers.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: MrWilliams] #880626
04/05/16 11:14 PM
04/05/16 11:14 PM
S
Sauce Offline
Wiseguy
Sauce  Offline
S
Wiseguy
Chicago, like New Orleans, is a bastion of entitlement for votes. No one on this thread, to a man, has addressed the eight hundred pound gorilla in the room.

From cradle to grave our government has diminished these communities by way of an ideology that has kept those in government and those at the bottom for decades.

What are we to do now? Explain to the victims that that are not the victims they were lead to believe? How can one explain to them they were used for votes and they are not entitled anything other than the freedom to pursue happyness without government assistance?
Good luck

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: Faithful1] #880635
04/06/16 12:51 AM
04/06/16 12:51 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Let's see:

A. Fair evaluation I can agree to it. What's the penalty under merit prison? Tax Evation? Would these cases now be called loose coke, heroin, crack, etc in the same regards as loose cigarettes (LoL)? What of the youth (11-19) involvement in loose drug sales?

B. Spike Lee didnt coin that title, those street affiliations did that rolleyes . They was comparing the American soldier's death toll in the Iraq War to Chicago's homicide counts. Which still isn't a correct comparison since the Chi mobs aren't using those type of violence. The major cities of Venezuela or another South American city I can't recall but have about equal population as Chicago but with 1,000+ homicides yearly. That scale is the definition of comparing to Iraq.

C. Quite the broad range indeed. Terrorism feeds on fear and yet there's an ideology/philosophy rooted in my opinion that defines a group. Your cause is too bring about a revolution , political collapse, military coups, or maintaining a bigotry caste system. Many criminals want to earned their illicit fortunes peacefully but others just use by any means necessary. The Cartel Wars or Yakuza Wars/ Bandidos v Cassocks (?) or TVLs v GDs ; You have a golden carpet roll out for terrorist, FBI going be on the new regulated taxed "aspirins".

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: Sauce] #880637
04/06/16 12:53 AM
04/06/16 12:53 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
---> Sauce

Speak on this 800 lbs King Kong.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: BlackFamily] #880639
04/06/16 01:00 AM
04/06/16 01:00 AM
S
Sauce Offline
Wiseguy
Sauce  Offline
S
Wiseguy
I just did

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: MrWilliams] #880644
04/06/16 04:04 AM
04/06/16 04:04 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
A. Do I really need to get down to the fine details? That would require at least a think tank. For now it's just you and me. For youth selling, I would rather see something redemptive. Some sort of volunteer work, something positive. There could also be some sort of fine that involves taking from the proceeds of the transaction.

B. I thought I only wrote that Lee used the title, not that he coined it. This article traces the origin of the word: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/04/22/how-chicago-became-chiraq.html. The word is a hyperbole: an exaggeration to make an important point. I don't think it was meant to be taken literally, but for effect. Maybe if President Obama and the media had given more attention to taking on these murders more would be done to alleviate them, is the thinking.

C. My cause isn't a revolution or any of those other things. My cause is an intervention, like how loved ones confront an individual is ruining his or her life. My cause is also saving lives and not wanting more innocents who just happen to be in the way either losing their lives or having permanently damaged ones. And the FBI doesn't regulate drugs, it's the FDA and state and county regulators. There would have to be a diversion of resources to concentrate on dealing with "harm to others" crimes and property, and not "harm to self." "Harm to self" can also be dealt with medically, psychologically and spiritually. But I know people who frequently smoke pot, are adults, and have no desire to change. They are also not hurting other people or committing crimes (other than using weed). Personally, I think it should only be used if there's a medical reason. A new study shows that it is harmful: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...onal-study.html

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: MrWilliams] #880649
04/06/16 05:19 AM
04/06/16 05:19 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago's youth have guns and a lot of drugs to abuse

That's what's wrong with chicago

Molly, xanax, and pcp are driving the murder rate

Not because the sale of drugs but cause people are high on hard drugs and/or narcotics

Last edited by cookcounty; 04/06/16 05:22 AM.
Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: cookcounty] #880651
04/06/16 05:35 AM
04/06/16 05:35 AM
B
Boss_of_Knickerbocker Offline
Wiseguy
Boss_of_Knickerbocker  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
Chicago's youth have guns and a lot of drugs to abuse

That's what's wrong with chicago

Molly, xanax, and pcp are driving the murder rate

Not because the sale of drugs but cause people are high on hard drugs and/or narcotics

Really? I get the feeling a lot of these shootings are just World Star Hip Hop behavior done by people who will shoot you for looking at them the wrong way.

Why is the thread even here? It's not LCN/OC related.

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: MrWilliams] #880693
04/06/16 06:06 PM
04/06/16 06:06 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
@bossknick

Worldstar is one of the worst websites ever created

People will shoot u over minor infractions when their high on drugs (more specifically pills)

Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: Faithful1] #880711
04/06/16 09:36 PM
04/06/16 09:36 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
How you doing F1? Let me clarify some of my responses:

A. Good for thought questions with the exception of the youth. These questions plus more are going to be directed at legalized, regulated drugs in general politics. I'm just placing it in a real life scenario and the reactions to protest that will culminate afterwards.

B. I'm just reiterating the general hyperbole to all these infamous titles to cities or their low income communities. I'm curious on the media & president attention on Chicago in 1974 when it hit it's heinous peak back in those days. We all know that as bad the homicides are in recent times ( 2010s) , it was worser back in the 90s. It's a somewhat improvement crime wise. A lot more improvement but it's visible in some locations ( Bronzeville). Chicago politics needs much improvement as well too.

C. No I wasn't speaking on your cause but your definition of terrorism. It's broaden as a blanket. I was giving examples of my opinion on terrorism in that it's an ideology/philosophy that gives birth to radicals. I listed different criminal groups' conflicts that causes panic in the general community and how the FBI is going have an extra headache due to large resources/funding shift to terrorism as the too priority. Basically tripling their paperwork in a humorous tone.

Overall enjoying the conversation. Your right about the Iron concept and I'm going to keep that in my head for life now.

- African Proverb
Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: Sauce] #880712
04/06/16 09:37 PM
04/06/16 09:37 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
--> Sauce

Oh. Sounded more like 800 pages of dialogue roll into a summary.

- African Proverb
Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: Boss_of_Knickerbocker] #880719
04/06/16 10:24 PM
04/06/16 10:24 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
I already stated that the OP should of place this in the street talk thread and once again there's still OC involvement plus not everything have to be focus on LCN or are you talking about the Latin Count Nation .

- African Proverb
Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: MrWilliams] #880733
04/07/16 01:26 AM
04/07/16 01:26 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Hey BF,

When we get done with all this maybe we ought to submit it to the mayor (or maybe the next one; I don't think Rahm Emanuel is open to serious ideas LOL), what do you think? wink

A. I think there's some good ideas from the different think tanks, like the Manhattan Institute, Project 21, Brookings Institute, etc. Haven't seen anything specific to these questions, because they assume something that hasn't happened yet. I don't think the two ideas that I heard from BLM are right. Decreasing police presence generally results in increased crime. It would be better to train and enforce police act polite, train them to deal with mental illness, involve community leaders in more effective ways, etc. BLM also advocates releasing more people from prison. Which people? Murderers? Rapists? or low-level drug dealers? I haven't seen specific details nor how they would justify or explain them. The general idea of increasing education can be addressed by school choice vouchers, more vocational training, etc. I think what is often neglected is that the community has to develop a mindset that shames and discourages criminal behavior. It has to come from within, but outside forces can encourage this development.

B. There were plenty of times in the past when things were worse. The 42 Gang terrorized Taylor Street and the Black Hand terrorized Little Italy. But we can't do anything about the past. We have to come to a point where people say, "Enough." I reached that point a long time ago, but who am I?

C. Yes, my definition is broad, but I'm not asking for FBI involvement except for sitting on some sort of oversight committee or similar. This is more for local and state authorities. Maybe the federal attorney would have to increase staffing, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Enjoy this too. You've got a lot of insight to offer. I'm sure they could use some of that in Mississippi smile

Last edited by Faithful1; 04/07/16 01:26 AM.
Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: Faithful1] #880766
04/07/16 01:51 PM
04/07/16 01:51 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
With all the issues the current & future mayor face with a waterfall size problems, our suggestion going in the container with the toilet tissue. LoL.

Honestly I don't follow much of the BLM activists and unaware of their ideas. In regards to the black community, there's quite a lot of push against the criminality. It's those careless and misguided hardhead element that have a narrow minded views. The rest could be nonchalant , fearful , selfish , and/or clannish about this segment of their community. At the same time, outsiders don't generally view these misfortunes as individual cases. The scenario is closely akin to "Walk in another person shoes" .

Mississippi too damn corrupt lol Our governor just approved the House Bill 1523 aka "Religious Liberty Accommodation Act" recently and will be effective July 1 this year. LGBT community is going up the mountain top when it happens.

I might make a topic in the general section about it and everyone can google the bill to read the contents. First, I'm going to make a topic that will undoubtedly stir up the wasp nest ( Japanese ones! lol). Just thinking of a title and approach.

- African Proverb
Re: Chicago: Killings Up 84% This Year [Re: MrWilliams] #880772
04/07/16 05:14 PM
04/07/16 05:14 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Yeah, BF, let's move this topic to the other section, because it's really getting away from OC, but it's still interesting.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull