GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Toodoped), 308 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,668
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #879499
03/27/16 04:33 AM
03/27/16 04:33 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Well in CN you had families from Denver to Florida. How much did they share in common? But they were both a mafia family obeying the same rules and membership.
Exactly the same as a blood gang from Idaho to Alaska. Both obey the same rules and obide by the same membership.

Why is one considered a national syndicate and not the other?

Well, back when the LCN was national in scope, those families had strong enough connections with each other that leaders from all around the country could meet at Appalachin. You had a Commission that had national clout over all the families for half a century.

What does a Blood gang in New Jersey have to do with another in LA? Usually nothing. They have the same "gang culture" but often no direct connection. It's why it's easy for a given gang to have tens of thousands of members and be in several states coast to coast. But, in reality, it's various separate gangs that happen to use the same name, colors, etc. All sharing the same brand, you could say.

As for comparison to cartels in Mexico, as I've often said, a better one would be the Italian OC groups in Italy. They have the kind of money, manpower, and scope that rivals the cartels. The LCN in the US is a regional phenomenon at this point.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/27/16 04:39 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: Brickhouse] #879525
03/27/16 10:14 AM
03/27/16 10:14 AM
J
Jhype11 Offline
Button
Jhype11  Offline
J
Button
Street gangs are only organized if they are oriented towards making money. If they're not in the aim of making money then the gang is just a small group of friends, or in how I see the Bloods and the Crips which is a street fraternity... They're a bunch of crooks who are in the same clique and represent their neighborhood etc. but don't have an organizational structure.

The best way I understand a gang or a OC syndicate is to view it as a business, which crime basically is. And to see how powerful one is you look at what their gross revenue is.

The only area I see CN and street-gangs crossover with one another is in the drug trade. But then they are usually on different levels, the street-gangs are retails whilst the CN are distributers, supplying the gangs with drug packages and making a bigger profit.

Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: Brickhouse] #879531
03/27/16 11:42 AM
03/27/16 11:42 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@ Ivy

Actually there's where your incorrect to some degree. That Blood set in NJ have direct ties to the L.A set and stay in communication with each other ( ironic you pick that NJ locale) . I stated before that specific locations have direct ties through relatives ( Texas, Oklahoma , Louisiana ) , business ( Hoovers in Portland, Campanella Pirus in Alaska, Rollin 90s in Nashville) , or a combination of both. Every year they're meetings , visits, and dues paid to the original set.

@ Jhype11,

I haven't come across to many articles of LCN providing street gangs drugs albeit it's not possible. Street gangs develop their own drug connections with high ranking or de facto leaders being the middleman or the Kingpin himself. The leader(s) have their members traffic it to the retail level. Besides the drug trade , LCN & Street Gangs have done business in contraband smuggling, contract killings, counterfeit money ( Ivy or someone correct me, The Genovese & Latin King business ?) , information ( Outfit & C-Notes) , and few other activities we may not even be aware of yet.

There's a slight possibility that within the last 10 years or so that NYC families have used UBN as hit men to deal with rats or associates.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: BlackFamily] #879537
03/27/16 12:56 PM
03/27/16 12:56 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Crips & Bloods origin isn't rooted in political history.

Have to disagree. The timeline is glaring. Crips formed around the time the Black Panthers broke up. I've even heard accounts that Raymond Washington and other Crip founders wanted to model the Crips after the Panthers, but that the rivalries were already too intense, so warfare ruled the day.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: SoCalGangs] #879538
03/27/16 01:02 PM
03/27/16 01:02 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
Crips & Bloods origin isn't rooted in political history. The L.A chapter of the BPP started and collapsed with large black gangs such as Hoover Groovers, Brims, Green Jackets, and Bishops.

LCN can be looked as an umbrella including Camorra, Ndrangheta , Triads, & Yakuza. All labels or brand names for individual groups sharing similar code of conduct.

To clarify. This is true.
The theory I always heard is the lack groups such as the Black Panthers being around helped lead to the rise of Crips and Bloods. Not because of them.

If people that joined the Crips did so because of the absence of the Panthers, then that by default associates the two. Politics does not have to mean the precise existence of a group, it can refer to an idea. Black youth in LA had the idea of being a part of an organization that would provide protection and a feeling of self worth. When the Panthers existed, that ideology led youth to the Panthers. When the Panthers broke up, that same idea led youth to the Crips. A political idea is part of the Crip foundation. There's no avoiding it.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 03/27/16 01:03 PM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: BlackFamily] #879546
03/27/16 02:40 PM
03/27/16 02:40 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
@ Ivy

Actually there's where your incorrect to some degree. That Blood set in NJ have direct ties to the L.A set and stay in communication with each other ( ironic you pick that NJ locale) . I stated before that specific locations have direct ties through relatives ( Texas, Oklahoma , Louisiana ) , business ( Hoovers in Portland, Campanella Pirus in Alaska, Rollin 90s in Nashville) , or a combination of both. Every year they're meetings , visits, and dues .

I think it really depends on the set.
Some sets have closer ties to the original set. Some sets are a whole other thing and not named after an LA set.
I think this generation is different. It's very easy to stay in touch with people across the country now.
I remember when gangs first" met the Internet" how we first found out just how many out of town gangs were claiming LA sets and streets and how they reacted. Some hated and rejected the idea and others embraced it.

Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: BlackFamily] #879547
03/27/16 02:47 PM
03/27/16 02:47 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

@ Ivy

Actually there's where your incorrect to some degree. That Blood set in NJ have direct ties to the L.A set and stay in communication with each other ( ironic you pick that NJ locale) . I stated before that specific locations have direct ties through relatives ( Texas, Oklahoma , Louisiana ) , business ( Hoovers in Portland, Campanella Pirus in Alaska, Rollin 90s in Nashville) , or a combination of both. Every year they're meetings , visits, and dues paid to the original set.

I don't doubt that some have ties here and there. But looking at the majority of local sets of various gangs, it's hard to see evidence of ties with each other across the country. At least not the kind of cohesion or national oversight the LCN had at one time.

Quote:
@ Jhype11,

I haven't come across to many articles of LCN providing street gangs drugs albeit it's not possible. Street gangs develop their own drug connections with high ranking or de facto leaders being the middleman or the Kingpin himself. The leader(s) have their members traffic it to the retail level. Besides the drug trade , LCN & Street Gangs have done business in contraband smuggling, contract killings, counterfeit money ( Ivy or someone correct me, The Genovese & Latin King business ?) , information ( Outfit & C-Notes) , and few other activities we may not even be aware of yet.

There's a slight possibility that within the last 10 years or so that NYC families have used UBN as hit men to deal with rats or associates.

There was a case back in the early 2000s of the Genovese family counterfeiting $20 bills with some Latin Kings. The contraband smuggling was, of course, the Luccheses and Bloods in the 2007 NJ case. But these were ad-hoc, rare examples. The

I do think you're right about the LCN supplying drugs to gangs. At least in terms of modern day. The LCN is a white organization and it's seems its drug operations are done within that sphere - supplying their own associates and independent dealers in white areas. There may be a few cases in more recent times but I think they're the exception to the rule. The Luccheses smuggling heroin into prison with the Bloods, as mentioned.

Another one, off the top of my head, was another NJ case from 2004, where you had a Lucchese associate supplying Oxycontin to the Bloods.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2004/11/12/nyr...ferer=&_r=0

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: Brickhouse] #879552
03/27/16 04:35 PM
03/27/16 04:35 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
@ Ivy

Thank you for recalling those cases. Would you think the 5 Families are hiring the UBN members to perform a few contract hits nowadays?

@ SoCalgangs / Ivy

That's what meant by specific sets and individuals have direct ties to L.A . Even the Netherlands crip set have direct ties as well. Look at the first black gang Rico'd in L.A , Pueblo Bishops, and their connections to nearby states. I'm not placing these semi regular meetings in the same format as the Applachin meeting but in regards to a general network of information sharing.

@ Oakasfan

The Panther's chapter in L.A started in 68 then lasted until 70-71 if I'm correct. Raymond's Crip started in that timeframe as a neighborhood club or crew and style their appearance after the panthers until 71. Raymond was still out there engage in the gang life and I haven't seen/heard/read any information that he became involved or associated with the local panthers. Many older crips who are still around and did interviews never mention no direct connections with the panthers beside co existing in the same time frame.

BGF had some political influence on some crip sets in which a political acronym form from within prison. I think that's where the political theme come from and not the streets. By Tookie's autobiography he stated that Crips was meant to be like a neighborhood watch association or comparable.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: BlackFamily] #879553
03/27/16 05:25 PM
03/27/16 05:25 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

@ Ivy

Thank you for recalling those cases. Would you think the 5 Families are hiring the UBN members to perform a few contract hits nowadays?

I assume you're talking about that recent case of a Genovese associate (Sal Delligatti) hiring some Bloods to kill another Genovese associate (Joseph Bonelli). It seemed to be an isolated case involving a personal beef. And from what I read, Delligatti's superiors didn't seem happy with how it all went down.

Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: BlackFamily] #879556
03/27/16 07:42 PM
03/27/16 07:42 PM
J
Jhype11 Offline
Button
Jhype11  Offline
J
Button
@ Ivy

@ SoCalgangs / Ivy

That's what meant by specific sets and individuals have direct ties to L.A . Even the Netherlands crip set have direct ties as well. Look at the first black gang Rico'd in L.A , Pueblo Bishops, and their connections to nearby states. I'm not placing these semi regular meetings in the same format as the Applachin meeting but in regards to a general network of information sharing.

@ Oakasfan

The Panther's chapter in L.A started in 68 then lasted until 70-71 if I'm correct. Raymond's Crip started in that timeframe as a neighborhood club or crew and style their appearance after the panthers until 71. Raymond was still out there engage in the gang life and I haven't seen/heard/read any information that he became involved or associated with the local panthers. Many older crips who are still around and did interviews never mention no direct connections with the panthers beside co existing in the same time frame.

BGF had some political influence on some crip sets in which a political acronym form from within prison. I think that's where the political theme come from and not the streets. By Tookie's autobiography he stated that Crips was meant to be like a neighborhood watch association or comparable.

What benefits do Crip and Blood sets on the East coast or overseas have when they pay dues back to an original set back in LA? From my understanding they don't offer any protection and it seems that they are just paying dues to wear the same color and use the same gang signs. If they don't pay I wouldn't think that a couple of bloods are going to fly out to the Netherlands to carry out a beating lol

Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: IvyLeague] #879558
03/27/16 08:34 PM
03/27/16 08:34 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Right. That might be an isolated case but recall the drug threat assessment for the NYC metro mentioned UBN members involving in this particular situation.

- African Proverb
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: Jhype11] #879559
03/27/16 08:43 PM
03/27/16 08:43 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
My mistake on the pay dues to the original set, I meant in a form of respect or general together. Each set have dues paid internally.

- African Proverb
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: BlackFamily] #879719
03/29/16 10:04 PM
03/29/16 10:04 PM
S
Scorsese Offline
Underboss
Scorsese  Offline
S
Underboss
Theres a number of cases in baltimore involving different sets of the bloods street gang being connected to their respective west coast counterparts either through paying dues or drug trafficking. One of those cases involved a high ranking blood from LA that was collecting dues and selling heroin in baltimore ended up torturing and killing someone. I think any city where you have a large number of blood and crip sets your gonna have more than a few of them having west coast ties in some form or another.

Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: BlackFamily] #879721
03/29/16 10:26 PM
03/29/16 10:26 PM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
I
@ Ivy

@ Jhype11,

You're right. Fruit town brim = brick city brim newark , grape street is directed connected too, there's multiple sets from Cali that green lighted jersey to bang their shit. The UBNnwas started on the east but you have Cali sets that run in jersey in particular especially newark. Multiple branches of Piru, bounty hunter, brim as I said, neighborhood , villain and double ii (ill town which is east orange and inglewood) and then the crip sets too. But street gang organization is a joke today at least in jersey. I'm real close with multiple gang members , specifically sex money murda being I'm from paterson and they'll tell u themselves the shit is washed up. The streets in general are washed up. Blood , crip, king, wise guy, whatever... Shit is for the birds. They can keep it.

Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: BobbyPazzo] #879726
03/30/16 12:07 AM
03/30/16 12:07 AM
H
Homers77 Offline
Made Member
Homers77  Offline
H
Made Member
Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
I
@ Ivy

@ Jhype11,

You're right. Fruit town brim = brick city brim newark , grape street is directed connected too, there's multiple sets from Cali that green lighted jersey to bang their shit. The UBNnwas started on the east but you have Cali sets that run in jersey in particular especially newark. Multiple branches of Piru, bounty hunter, brim as I said, neighborhood , villain and double ii (ill town which is east orange and inglewood) and then the crip sets too. But street gang organization is a joke today at least in jersey. I'm real close with multiple gang members , specifically sex money murda being I'm from paterson and they'll tell u themselves the shit is washed up. The streets in general are washed up. Blood , crip, king, wise guy, whatever... Shit is for the birds. They can keep it.

Where you from in Paterson? I'm from pompton plains and have spent a lot of time in Paterson

Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: Brickhouse] #879730
03/30/16 01:19 AM
03/30/16 01:19 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Even when some sets are connected in some way across country, ultimately it's going to be limited to a fraction of members.

Just thinking about LA alone, and how fragmented the various sets are among Crips and Bloods are, how much benefits is there having some dudes cross country claiming your street other than bragging rights. I get business crime element that comes with it in some cases but even there it isn't like the entire set at home is in on it.
Federal prisons there's more mixing of gang members in different regions. So I can see that as a potential benefit.
Just my thoughts.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 03/30/16 04:16 AM.
Re: This stuff is not a movie/video game [Re: Homers77] #879740
03/30/16 03:21 AM
03/30/16 03:21 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
South P... Main Street between crooks and Madison. But I spent a lot of time around school 8 , north main, 16th ave, union ave, 21st ave, and of course Cianci st. By cafe serino. I lived my high school years in Clifton but i still hung out in paterson. I live in bloomfield now with my family. I got two kids now. I stop by the old spots to watch a game and have an espresso but otherwise I stay outta that shit hole.

Last edited by BobbyPazzo; 03/30/16 03:25 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull