GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Big_Tuna93, 1 invisible), 260 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,685
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #879349
03/25/16 05:08 PM
03/25/16 05:08 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline OP
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Also Ivy, on another off topic thread- the amount of babies your cult, I'm sorry religion shames mothers out of wedlock to just throw away to adoption makes me personally sick coming from my culture of Jersey Italian-American Catholics- at least we own up to our mistakes, keep our families together and believe in forgiveness and redemption...your cult just shames these poor young mothers into giving away their babies and "hiding it" like it never happened

Why is it necessary to attack people in such a personal manner? This is a thread about the current status of the NY mob, not Mormonism. I'm not a Mormon, but I think most of us can agree that Ivy is a phenomenal researcher and truly a valuable asset to this forum. He knows his stuff. What is so threatening about that?

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879352
03/25/16 05:40 PM
03/25/16 05:40 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Because I have friends and colleagues who have gone through the adoption process and have heard what the Mormon cult, I mean religion did to some of these out of wedlock mothers- some who were only 12 years old! If you heard the stories I heard from friends/colleagues who have gone through adoption process you would have the same opinion...

Sorry for standing up for pregnant teenage moms who get emotionally and verbally abused in that cult, my apologies....

Last edited by DanteMoltisanti; 03/25/16 10:21 PM.
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879354
03/25/16 05:41 PM
03/25/16 05:41 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Anyways I'm done, I apologize to the board and am sorry for taking this conversation off topic. I'm done with my rant, I literally just two weeks ago had a work colleague of mine come back from flying out to Utah for the adoption process and I've been sick to my stomach after he flew back and told me what he saw/heard there, I'm done!

Last edited by DanteMoltisanti; 03/25/16 05:43 PM.
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879355
03/25/16 05:42 PM
03/25/16 05:42 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
I have a particular disdain for Thor Equities, as do a great many people in Queens and Brooklyn. Bloomberg called the owner, Joe Sitt, and "extortionist" over the Coney Island deal.

Considering Sitt is from Bensonhurst, I am wondering about a possible mob link....

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879356
03/25/16 05:45 PM
03/25/16 05:45 PM
K
kingoflittlenewyork Offline
Capo
kingoflittlenewyork  Offline
K
Capo
A Catholic(or any other cult) talking down to a Mormon is rich. Ill say it again:

Take the log out of your eye before to try you remove the splinter from someone else's.

In other words, research your own cults true history and try to fix it before you call someone else out on the problems with their cult.

No one in this world in innocent.

Last edited by kingoflittlenewyork; 03/25/16 05:55 PM.
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: Flushing] #879359
03/25/16 06:05 PM
03/25/16 06:05 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
No not Thor

I had no intention of this turning into some riddle, apologies . It's legit construction work so I wouldn't worry about missing some big inside scoop or something as your not . my posts really don't deserve any attention

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879360
03/25/16 06:11 PM
03/25/16 06:11 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormons#Groups_within_Mormonism

There are so many different types of Mormonism, from very strict and bigamous to very moderate, like with every type of religion there are a lot a differences. That's the only thing I'm gonna say about it because the thread is kinda derailing..

OK, just one more thing, those Mormon missionaries over here in Holland are the sweetest people, I had a couple of conversations with them. One in Amsterdam maybe 10 years ago and one over here in the south half a year ago, very friendly and polite, although a bit unworldly. Funny thing is that they call themselves Elders, when a lot of them aren't even 20 years old LOL

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #879371
03/25/16 09:20 PM
03/25/16 09:20 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Anyways I'm done, I apologize to the board and am sorry for taking this conversation off topic. I'm done with my rant, I literally just two weeks ago had a work colleague of mine come back from flying out to Utah for the adoption process and I've been sick to my stomach after he flew back and told me what he saw/heard there, I'm done!

Maybe you should get your facts straight before going on a rant. The LDS church is no more responsible for the actual cultish break offs from us (think scumbags like Warren Jeffs) than the Catholic church is for what some Protestant churches do.

Anyway, you've wasted enough of this thread with your BS. Back to the mob...

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/25/16 09:32 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879372
03/25/16 09:30 PM
03/25/16 09:30 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
I thought everyone was joking when they say Ivy is a mormon lol brilliant.

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: TommyGambino] #879375
03/25/16 09:35 PM
03/25/16 09:35 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino
I thought everyone was joking when they say Ivy is a mormon lol brilliant.

It's pretty common knowledge on the forums at this point. It's what I get for being honest about my background - something many on these forums haven't been. Not that it has to do with anything. But there's always been certain people who bring it up and try to use it as an insult because they're butt hurt about something and have no other card to play.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879377
03/25/16 10:19 PM
03/25/16 10:19 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
At least you finally admitted you're in the cult I long suspected that you belonged to....

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879378
03/25/16 10:24 PM
03/25/16 10:24 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
For what it's worth , anyone I ever met that was from Utah was Mormon so I always just figured Utah=Mormon, coming from a melting pot like NYC Metropolitan area I couldn't even fathom having everyone being the same around me, this isn't an insult to u Ivy. What's that like? Seriously, to have everyone the same, I will admit u guys have a ton of good looking blondes LOL

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879381
03/25/16 10:52 PM
03/25/16 10:52 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

The "cult" accusation gets thrown at us a lot. It's what people have heard and they simply regurgitate it. Try looking up the definition of a cult sometime. It doesn't apply to the LDS Church. Though it certainly does apply to some apostate groups that broke off a LONG time ago. Groups like the one led by Warren Jeffs, who is currently in prison. Some of those groups are also in Utah but also in other places. You would also do well to remember that the term "cult" could technically be applied to Christ and His followers during His 3 year mortal ministry.

All that said, even if I was the Grand Poobah of whatever cult to you want to name, what does that have to do with the mob?

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/25/16 10:56 PM.

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879382
03/25/16 10:59 PM
03/25/16 10:59 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Absolutely nothing, I am seriously curious as to what it's like to live in Utah with everyone being the same cookie cutter? I'm curious coming from where I come from with 100+ languages spoken and people from every single country on the globe (NYC Metro area) Ivy this is my olive branch and also my curiosity more than anything...

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #879385
03/25/16 11:15 PM
03/25/16 11:15 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Absolutely nothing, I am seriously curious as to what it's like to live in Utah with everyone being the same cookie cutter? I'm curious coming from where I come from with 100+ languages spoken and people from every single country on the globe (NYC Metro area) Ivy this is my olive branch and also my curiosity more than anything...

I'm not sure it's as cookie cutter as you may think, though compared to NYC it is. People may look at Utah as bland and boring. My response is always, "Yeah, the low cost of living, relatively low crime rate, lack of constant air pollution and traffic jams, and general absence of liberal politics really sucks." wink

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879389
03/25/16 11:46 PM
03/25/16 11:46 PM
Long Island, NY
B
Brickhouse Offline
Wiseguy
Brickhouse  Offline
B
Wiseguy
Long Island, NY
I will never understand the hate thrown on Ivy on these forums. The guy is an encyclopedia when it comes to LCN and chooses to base it on facts that he reads, researches and vets out. He doesn't know LCN members nor does he claim to. He always backs up his position with facts and has a standard to what he believes is the truth or not. I actually don't always agree with what he says because I do believe there is a street element out there that isn't always corroborated and has to be taken into account if it seems legit but why the hate? Ivy is by far one of the more respectful, classy and knowledgable posters even if he is stubborn.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those of us who have hunted armed men and like it, care for nothing else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: Brickhouse] #879390
03/26/16 12:16 AM
03/26/16 12:16 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Brickhouse
I will never understand the hate thrown on Ivy on these forums. The guy is an encyclopedia when it comes to LCN and chooses to base it on facts that he reads, researches and vets out. He doesn't know LCN members nor does he claim to. He always backs up his position with facts and has a standard to what he believes is the truth or not. I actually don't always agree with what he says because I do believe there is a street element out there that isn't always corroborated and has to be taken into account if it seems legit but why the hate? Ivy is by far one of the more respectful, classy and knowledgable posters even if he is stubborn.

Well thank you.

Though, as I've said many times, I actually don't discount the street element you're referring to. I just prioritize sources and what you're taking about doesn't hold the most credibility with me. But that doesn't mean I ignore it. There are posters who I'm often fine with taking what they say at face value as long as it doesn't contradict other sources I consider more credible and consistent. And, as I recently said in a similar discussion on another board, that's usually put me on the right side of things in the nearly 10 years I've been on these forums.

Sorry if I sound like a broken record but I seem to have to point this stuff out every few months or so.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/26/16 12:16 AM.

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #879401
03/26/16 02:10 AM
03/26/16 02:10 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
The families are better off today. The NYPD organized crime squads have been disbanded, the reason given is budget cuts, but I believe they couldn't think of anymore titles and ranks in the department personally. The FBI is down to two squads overseeing the five families, one Bonanno/Colombo/Gambino and the other one Genovese/Lucchese. Bonanno and Colombo are the weakest of New York families, but they have been gaining strength and power over the last few years. Indeed there are more informants today in the family compared to the past but most of the time they are not going to share everything and detail about the crime families.

You are probably right, but according to former FBI agent Joachim Garcia, the Bureau must take resources away from mafia surveillance to pay more attention to things like terrorism. And right now, terrorism is a big concern. Has anyone seen all of the US Soldiers posted in Penn Station lately?

So this gives the mafia a chance to lay low, get out of the media limelight, build networks, make some money, and time to commit enough crimes to be busted in the next massive sweep.

The FBI will revisit them. Just give them some time.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879426
03/26/16 09:41 AM
03/26/16 09:41 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
FBI here in Jersey/NYC is mainly focusing on terrorism, government corruption, and white collar crimes. You will have the county prosecutors office busting up gambling rings from time to time still, I feel like personally it's to grab headlines and make themselves feel important...

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: IvyLeague] #879427
03/26/16 09:42 AM
03/26/16 09:42 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

I'm not sure it's as cookie cutter as you may think, though compared to NYC it is. People may look at Utah as bland and boring. My response is always, "Yeah, the low cost of living, relatively low crime rate, lack of constant air pollution and traffic jams, and general absence of liberal politics really sucks." wink

I could never live away from the beach and around that many blonde haired, blue eyed people....

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879474
03/26/16 09:50 PM
03/26/16 09:50 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Gang violence and Mexican cartel has surpassed LCN as an FBI NY/NJ priority .

Gangs have become a prime focus for FBI in the last few years - as it should be . Cyber and foreign trade theft are sapping resources too that are newer issues

No bodies and guys are probably earning and happy compared to years back

Last edited by DB; 03/26/16 11:57 PM.
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: DB] #879485
03/27/16 12:52 AM
03/27/16 12:52 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: DB
Gang violence and Mexican cartel has surpassed LCN as an FBI NY/NJ priority .

Gangs have become a prime focus for FBI in the last few years - as it should be . Cyber and foreign trade theft are sapping resources too that are newer issues

No bodies and guys are probably earning and happy compared to years back

Mmm I'm not sure. From what I've read in recent years, Transnational Organized Crime as a whole has become a higher OC priority than LCN. But not one single group is a bigger priority than the LCN within the NY metro area. Even the Mexican cartels, though that could be due to them being more a DEA target than the FBI. It was only a few years ago that the FBI was saying the LCN was still their top OC priority in the New England region so it would likely not be any less in New York/New Jersey. The only places where I've seen it reported other groups have become one bigger priority in recent years were Eurasian and Asian groups in Las Vegas and Eurasian (specifically Russian) in Miami. Both were reported in 2011. Gangs have become a higher priority. We saw that when the Justice Department when it combined it's Organized Crime and Gang sections in 2010.

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879555
03/27/16 06:38 PM
03/27/16 06:38 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
Honestly I don't know , just going by what I was told

Outside terrorism - Gang violence , heroin trafficking and cyber crime have loads of people working on it today

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879557
03/27/16 07:49 PM
03/27/16 07:49 PM
T
TommyGambino Offline
Underboss
TommyGambino  Offline
T
Underboss
Gaining strength? The Genovese, Gambino & Lucchese families for sure. it seems they're in the best shape they've been since the mid late 90's. Yes LE have backed off significantly but it's no wonder them 3 families are thriving at the minute, they have very capable leaders, from the capo's to the admin, you can't say the same about the Colombo & Bonanno families, they're a mess.

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879560
03/27/16 09:24 PM
03/27/16 09:24 PM
UK
D
dsd Offline
Capo
dsd  Offline
D
Capo
UK
@ IVY L.

Bit of unwarranted religious hatred thrown your way , can't be anything you've written in this thread.

Anyhow, so approx. 30/ 50 FBI or police are investigating NYC LCN. How many ' cases' /indictments are made in a year say 2014 ? Are majority historic/ past crimes like Asaro ?

Thnx

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #879567
03/27/16 10:58 PM
03/27/16 10:58 PM
J
joey_dice Offline
joey_dice
joey_dice  Offline
joey_dice
J
Capo

Quit being a fucking dick. Don't try to hide the fact you are being a dick with "your curiosity bullshit". Your being a dick and since your being called out for it your trying to save face, so why don't you just stop.

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: dsd] #879571
03/28/16 12:45 AM
03/28/16 12:45 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: dsd
@ IVY L.

Bit of unwarranted religious hatred thrown your way , can't be anything you've written in this thread.

Anyhow, so approx. 30/ 50 FBI or police are investigating NYC LCN. How many ' cases' /indictments are made in a year say 2014 ? Are majority historic/ past crimes like Asaro ?

Thnx

Last I read it was a max of 35 agents between the 2 squads. The Luccheses had 5 agents investigating them in 2014.

I don't think one necessarily gets a good picture of things looking at a single year as indictments are cyclical and you have lulls at times. It's why I've kept a list of every case I can find since 2000. Being able to look at cases over a 10 or 15 year sample helps one get a better idea of general trends and helps you remember things those who just recall the last headline dont.

No, the majority aren't past crimes though those distant charges are often found in mob indictments. An essential element of building a RICO case is showing an ongoing pattern of crime over an extended period of time. Often the government is able to include crimes that go back years and add those to present day crimes, which serves to show a continuing criminal enterprise.

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879572
03/28/16 01:02 AM
03/28/16 01:02 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
steadily putting things together all 6 families

Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #879580
03/28/16 04:38 AM
03/28/16 04:38 AM
Great Britain
British Offline
Underboss
British  Offline
Underboss
Great Britain
So all the families have been making new members then?

British is best....
Re: Do you believe the mob in NY is gaining strength? [Re: British] #879615
03/28/16 05:38 PM
03/28/16 05:38 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: British
So all the families have been making new members then?

Yes, on a fairly regular basis. They have to in order to replace guys who die, which also happens fairly regularly. For example, in terms of just what we know, the Colombos had ceremonies in 2000, 2004, 2007, 2009, and 2011. I'm sure there were others during that time and since then.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull