GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (VanillaLimeCoke, 2 invisible), 316 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #877849
03/10/16 11:19 AM
03/10/16 11:19 AM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Not sure where you got 50 members for the Lucchese Jersey crew

His ass

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucchese_crime_family_New_Jersey_faction

In 2004, the New Jersey Commission of Investigation stated that the Lucchese crime family had about 50 members active in New Jersey.[1] The New Jersey faction is currently led by capo Ralph Perna, who took over in 2007.

Last edited by BlueEyes; 03/10/16 11:21 AM.

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

''Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.''
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #877857
03/10/16 11:51 AM
03/10/16 11:51 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
That number is false

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: BobbyPazzo] #877858
03/10/16 11:55 AM
03/10/16 11:55 AM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: BobbyPazzo
That number is false

I can't prove anything and I find it hard to believe myself but I've searched and searched for facts and not much of the articles I come across mentions membership except from Wikipedia Claiming that the New Jersey Comission of Investigation said so. All the other articles pretty much mentions Taccetta and the ''war'' and Perna earning alot in Gambling and some indictments.

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #877859
03/10/16 11:56 AM
03/10/16 11:56 AM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
Maybe the guy who wrote the wiki got it all wrong but I find it hard that he's lying, why would he? and make such claims as to the Jersey Comission of Investigation.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #877861
03/10/16 11:59 AM
03/10/16 11:59 AM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
That's your problem right there. You're info comes from Google. Mine comes from the street. I rarely comment unless it's about the jersey Guys... That's because I can speak on them first hand. Regulars will cosign that.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #877863
03/10/16 12:01 PM
03/10/16 12:01 PM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
You got it pal. You got all the answers.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: BobbyPazzo] #877868
03/10/16 12:19 PM
03/10/16 12:19 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
That's your problem right there. You're info comes from Google. Mine comes from the street. I rarely comment unless it's about the jersey Guys... That's because I can speak on them first hand. Regulars will cosign that.

Let me guess, you're a young kid dreaming of become a guy of the streets, but you're to chicken shit and spoiled to make it, so you sit here and act tough.

I'm sorry I am not from America, but I read books and articles on various sites like most of the people here probably do. I can see how real gangsters might be on this site, and if you're a toughboy then I am wrong but please, don't come here and brag because if your info actually comes from the streets you're likely to be fed bullshit by guys who wants to enlight a better picture of themselves.

I actually find google more reliable because much of this is information taken from various newarticles for example who got their information by the Government.

I don't want to seem defensive but you got that disgusting vibe about you that makes me dislike you.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: BlueEyes] #877870
03/10/16 12:24 PM
03/10/16 12:24 PM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted By: BlueEyes

Let me guess, you're a young kid dreaming of become a guy of the streets, but you're to chicken shit and spoiled to make it, so you sit here and act tough.

I'm sorry I am not from America, but I read books and articles on various sites like most of the people here probably do. I can see how real gangsters might be on this site, and if you're a toughboy then I am wrong but please, don't come here and brag because if your info actually comes from the streets you're likely to be fed bullshit by guys who wants to enlight a better picture of themselves.

I actually find google more reliable because much of this is information taken from various newarticles for example who got their information by the Government.

I don't want to seem defensive but you got that disgusting vibe about you that makes me dislike you.

You got me. You win.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #877872
03/10/16 12:25 PM
03/10/16 12:25 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Bobby Pazzo is 100% legitimately in tune with the streets here in Jersey, we have compared notes and we both are the same age, know the same things about the same people that you weirdos from Europe and Middle America cant Google. Bobby Pazzo, these idiots have no clue!! I only post about Jersey and Philly because I know Jersey from growing up here and knowing a few guys from my neighborhood "in the streets" and I got to know a little bit about Philly when I dated a South Philly girl in my younger years, still keep in touch with a few neighborhood South Philly guys I met through her.....Trust me, there's some stuff that you just can't Google or that investigators haven't uncovered/exposed yet!!

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: BobbyPazzo] #877873
03/10/16 12:27 PM
03/10/16 12:27 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button

You got me. You win.

Just stop acting tough, If I am wrong you can present facts and discuss, if i'm not wrong this is a discussion forum. That Piece of shit 50s-grease-attitude doesn't take you too far, man.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #877874
03/10/16 12:28 PM
03/10/16 12:28 PM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Thanks Dante. I know better than to feed into this guys shit.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #877875
03/10/16 12:30 PM
03/10/16 12:30 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: DanteMoltisanti
Bobby Pazzo is 100% legitimately in tune with the streets here in Jersey, we have compared notes and we both are the same age, know the same things about the same people that you weirdos from Europe and Middle America cant Google. Bobby Pazzo, these idiots have no clue!! I only post about Jersey and Philly because I know Jersey from growing up here and knowing a few guys from my neighborhood "in the streets" and I got to know a little bit about Philly when I dated a South Philly girl in my younger years, still keep in touch with a few neighborhood South Philly guys I met through her.....Trust me, there's some stuff that you just can't Google or that investigators haven't uncovered/exposed yet!!

I am not trying to seem like an asshole here, I believe the two of you . But if it's so easy for you to know everything about Jersey because you know people and what not, how can it be so hard for the feds who got turncoats? And all the turncoats who writes these books? I am just curious and I am sorry Bobby because I was wrong :-)

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: BlueEyes] #877892
03/10/16 04:20 PM
03/10/16 04:20 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

His ass

In 2004, the New Jersey Commission of Investigation stated that the Lucchese crime family had about 50 members active in New Jersey.[1] The New Jersey faction is currently led by capo Ralph Perna, who took over in 2007.

First, in general, stay away from Wikipedia if you want good info about the mob.

Second, you can read the actual report that's online. If you Google "Changing face of organized crime in New Jersey" you'll see the full PDF version. A shorter, easier to look at form of the report can be read at the link below.
http://mafianj.com/sci2004/index.shtml

Third, here's the excerpt in question:

Despite the assaults by law enforcement and the apparent slowdown in membership recruitment, law enforcement authorities estimate the group still consists of from 110 to 140 members, with approximately 50 members active in New Jersey. The organization has at least 1,100 associates engaged in criminal activity primarily in New York, where the group’s hierarchy is located. New Jersey operations span Essex, Union, Monmouth and Morris counties. Law enforcement authorities believe that most of the New Jersey members and associates of the Lucchese family reside and conduct much of their business in Morris County.

So, I suppose one can be excused for believing the family's New Jersey crew has 50 members, even though the report isn't referring to just that one crew. The family, of course, has other NY-based crews that have operations in New Jersey. In fact, the report talks about "commuter mobsters" who live elsewhere but travel to New Jersey for work.

However, I do question the figure rising to 50 even with them. The reason being, some other figures in that particular report seem to be inflated a little. The family would be a lot closer to 110 than 140 members. 100 members or so was the last estimate I saw. And half of them are active in New Jersey? That seems excessive. Especially when, elsewhere in the report, you have the Genovese family, which is said to have several crews based in the state, plus others that have operations there, only having 40 members active there. The 1,100 associates for the Luccheses also seems high compared to other estimates.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #877898
03/10/16 05:20 PM
03/10/16 05:20 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
know the same things about the same people that you weirdos from Europe and Middle America cant Google. Bobby Pazzo, these idiots have no clue!!

Stay classy, my friend..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: DanteMoltisanti] #877899
03/10/16 05:25 PM
03/10/16 05:25 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss

+1

bobby knows what he i talking about he knows alot about these guys he is no bullshitter anything he says about jeresy is fact he has seen more than most people on this site can even imagine...

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #877901
03/10/16 05:33 PM
03/10/16 05:33 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
I absolutely 100% believe that GR, I can say the same of myself in my neck of the woods, but to call posters on this board from different regions of the world weirdos and idiots is a little uncalled for me thinks..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: BillyBrizzi] #877902
03/10/16 05:40 PM
03/10/16 05:40 PM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
know the same things about the same people that you weirdos from Europe and Middle America cant Google. Bobby Pazzo, these idiots have no clue!!

Stay classy, my friend..

Don't take it personal billy... Dante was just coming to my defense.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: gangstereport] #877903
03/10/16 05:43 PM
03/10/16 05:43 PM
B
BobbyPazzo Offline
Capo
BobbyPazzo  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

+1

bobby knows what he i talking about he knows alot about these guys he is no bullshitter anything he says about jeresy is fact he has seen more than most people on this site can even imagine...

Thanks GR. I'm not here to get into petty arguments. Guys like you and Dante know the deal.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: BobbyPazzo] #877908
03/10/16 05:56 PM
03/10/16 05:56 PM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss

Don't take it personal billy... Dante was just coming to my defense.

Fair enough Bobby, nothing worth arguing about indeed..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: IvyLeague] #877943
03/10/16 09:16 PM
03/10/16 09:16 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button

His ass

First, in general, stay away from Wikipedia if you want good info about the mob.

Second, you can read the actual report that's online. If you Google "Changing face of organized crime in New Jersey" you'll see the full PDF version. A shorter, easier to look at form of the report can be read at the link below.
http://mafianj.com/sci2004/index.shtml

Third, here's the excerpt in question:

Despite the assaults by law enforcement and the apparent slowdown in membership recruitment, law enforcement authorities estimate the group still consists of from 110 to 140 members, with approximately 50 members active in New Jersey. The organization has at least 1,100 associates engaged in criminal activity primarily in New York, where the group’s hierarchy is located. New Jersey operations span Essex, Union, Monmouth and Morris counties. Law enforcement authorities believe that most of the New Jersey members and associates of the Lucchese family reside and conduct much of their business in Morris County.

So, I suppose one can be excused for believing the family's New Jersey crew has 50 members, even though the report isn't referring to just that one crew. The family, of course, has other NY-based crews that have operations in New Jersey. In fact, the report talks about "commuter mobsters" who live elsewhere but travel to New Jersey for work.

However, I do question the figure rising to 50 even with them. The reason being, some other figures in that particular report seem to be inflated a little. The family would be a lot closer to 110 than 140 members. 100 members or so was the last estimate I saw. And half of them are active in New Jersey? That seems excessive. Especially when, elsewhere in the report, you have the Genovese family, which is said to have several crews based in the state, plus others that have operations there, only having 40 members active there. The 1,100 associates for the Luccheses also seems high compared to other estimates.

NJ used to recruit from NY until they got banned (If that's true?)
Could it be that if in some ancient times that NJ laid down the law that they had monopoly in NJ and all the membership from it belonged to them, that they would become stronger/as strong as the NY families? I mean half-ish of Philly is even based in jersey, or would many members still probably join NY and drive over the bridge everyday?

Same with the Tampa guys, they won't travel to NY. If Trafficante had monopoly, how many members do you think they've had?

Again, I know the families sent guys from NY to Florida but there has to be some local recruits, no? Someone Italian who said ''Fuck Tampa I'm goin' with The Gambinos''

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: BlueEyes] #877966
03/11/16 01:42 AM
03/11/16 01:42 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Yes, that's true.

Quote:
Could it be that if in some ancient times that NJ laid down the law that they had monopoly in NJ and all the membership from it belonged to them, that they would become stronger/as strong as the NY families? I mean half-ish of Philly is even based in jersey, or would many members still probably join NY and drive over the bridge everyday?

Same with the Tampa guys, they won't travel to NY. If Trafficante had monopoly, how many members do you think they've had?

Again, I know the families sent guys from NY to Florida but there has to be some local recruits, no? Someone Italian who said ''Fuck Tampa I'm goin' with The Gambinos''

There was never a New Jersey family in a position to tell New York anything. You already had guys from NY active in Jersey and, as Raab talks about in his Five Families book, most of them ended up joining one of the NY families with the DeCavalcante family being the only family actually based there.

And what was left of the Trafficante family did affiliate themselves with the Gambinos. They were still Trafficante members but they aligned themselves with that NY family. Sort of the way the DeCavalcantes have done.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #878011
03/11/16 12:26 PM
03/11/16 12:26 PM
CleanBandit Offline
Capo
CleanBandit  Offline
Capo
Ivy, how does that work? For instance Trafficante guys who affiliated themselves with Gambinos. Did they kick up to NY administration and were they equal in status(notice I said status, not the actual respect on the streets or power) as the NY made Gambinos?

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #878036
03/11/16 05:45 PM
03/11/16 05:45 PM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Oh yes I forgot Cleveland. I feel Cleveland is really the next to become defunct. You really can't argue against that. What a sad piece of shit family. It's literally down to TWO douchebags.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #878037
03/11/16 05:53 PM
03/11/16 05:53 PM
Snakes Offline
Underboss
Snakes  Offline
Underboss
They are already defunct.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #878066
03/11/16 09:24 PM
03/11/16 09:24 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
Oh yes I forgot Cleveland. I feel Cleveland is really the next to become defunct. You really can't argue against that. What a sad piece of shit family. It's literally down to TWO douchebags.

I have a hard time imagine there is any LCN in Cleveland. Probably a few old bookies. I think Cleveland has become much like the proclaimed ''Seattle Crime Family'' - nothing LCN, just a few crooks with italian names.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: IvyLeague] #878067
03/11/16 09:26 PM
03/11/16 09:26 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button

Yes, that's true.

Quote:

There was never a New Jersey family in a position to tell New York anything. You already had guys from NY active in Jersey and, as Raab talks about in his Five Families book, most of them ended up joining one of the NY families with the DeCavalcante family being the only family actually based there.

And what was left of the Trafficante family did affiliate themselves with the Gambinos. They were still Trafficante members but they aligned themselves with that NY family. Sort of the way the DeCavalcantes have done.

Didn't the DeCavalcante have something like 70-100+ members at one time? And if they had done this in the early 50s couldn't something like this happen? Or would it probably just break down to war?

Thanks for responding.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #878068
03/11/16 09:27 PM
03/11/16 09:27 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto

Make it one. Manziel was cut today.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: carminezazzi] #878083
03/11/16 10:57 PM
03/11/16 10:57 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I seem to see Cleveland mentioned a lot in a lot of the big Vegas operations in the mid 20th century. With the low margins of todays criminal underworld, where drugs is THE primary industry, there's only enough room for the biggest and the most powerful mafia families, most being in NY. The other families across America have lost their territories to street gangs. This is a lay person's opinion, however. I welcome any and all corrections.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: OakAsFan] #878085
03/11/16 11:07 PM
03/11/16 11:07 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
I seem to see Cleveland mentioned a lot in a lot of the big Vegas operations in the mid 20th century. With the low margins of todays criminal underworld, where drugs is THE primary industry, there's only enough room for the biggest and the most powerful mafia families, most being in NY. The other families across America have lost their territories to street gangs. This is a lay person's opinion, however. I welcome any and all corrections.

Can you send me a link to this?
I doubt theres anything ''family'-ish going on there. Like I said, a few crooks with italian names doesn't make a family, nor a capable gang. Just hustlers.

They haven't lost much territory to street gangs other than the albanians, russians and maybe chinese/japanese?
Crips and bloods doesn't do what the mafia does. A Mob family and a street gang can coexist on one territory as far as my understanding goes. And I don't think drugs are THE primary income for OC. They mostly survive on Racketeering, Gambling etc. Drugs are mostly for low guys, the high era of LCN and Narcotics are over as far as I know.

Re: Next family to become defunct [Re: BlueEyes] #878088
03/11/16 11:28 PM
03/11/16 11:28 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Well, it seems this discussion has taken place before here and it's going in circles. I've seen a lot of people post about how the mob's primary business today is loan sharking. I can watch any late night tv program, and see 10 commercials for payday loans, regardless of credit history. Perhaps you can tell me, how does the mafia compete with what is basically boom times for legal predatory lenders? If I lose my rent money in Reno, why do I go to a wiseguy who will break my legs if I can't make my payments when I can just go to a payday loan place where worst case scenario, my already crap credit just gets crappier and eventually gets paid for by the tax payers?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull