GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Big_Tuna93, Malavita, Turnbull), 590 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,603
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,081
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,517
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,373
Posts1,059,537
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Can be a criminal and a good father ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #877227
03/02/16 11:36 PM
03/02/16 11:36 PM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ Sonny

I get your point, but mine was that in order to make it, I had to almost REJECT EVERYTHING TAUGHT, and believe me, this was a personal choice.

You liked solcal post right? Notice how he said his mom was the same? Don't tell me the Soprano reference wasn't relevant, I bet SoCal felt the same way I did watching that, like how did they come up with a " Fake REAL PERSON LOL".. And the thing is without that reference, it's too hard to explain, I say Livia you get it right away, see?

You gotta understand, you are talking to a guy, dude in 7th grade the school principle STOLE ALL THE XMAS money from the charity that raised it!!
ROLE MODELS? You better be strong yourself where I from , lol that was my only point, GOOD FUCKIN THREAD ACTUALLY, REAL GOOD DISCUSSION THNX GUYS FOR THIS ONE....

Re: Can be a criminal and a good father ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #877229
03/02/16 11:43 PM
03/02/16 11:43 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
@ CabriniGreen:

Good posts. Hear what you're saying. You're exactly right that there are no definitives. Life is grey not black and white.

My point was in general, it wasn't the rule. There's always exceptions.

And of course I respect street knowledge. No one pays more respect to a guy like PB than me. Problem is this is an Internet forum and most 'street guys' are full of shit. So it's not that I don't respect legit 'street' perspective. It's more that it's hard to trust through the plethora of bullshit out there.

And getting back on topic 'in general' criminals are bad fathers. And sure, stealing to feed your family is a different story. I'm talking modern day LCN.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Can be a criminal and a good father ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #877230
03/03/16 12:21 AM
03/03/16 12:21 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@Sonny

Right on man, and that's why I said I do understand why Ivey is quick to check people who claim inside info an such, without it, the boards would be flooded with nonsense, and you would have to sift through endless bullshit....

And you guys are very correct, the psychological trauma is, difficult to quantify, material things don't always make a good parent...

What do you guys feel about a guy like Kennedy? And his sons?

Re: Can be a criminal and a good father ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #877587
03/07/16 11:27 AM
03/07/16 11:27 AM
Chicago and Cleveland
FriendoftheFamily Offline
Made Member
FriendoftheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Chicago and Cleveland

OK I'll jump in late for fun.

I have known Made Members, Associates, and Non-Members of Italian descent. From the people I know there weren't a lot of differences in the way any of them were raised. Just typical run of the mill raising the kids. Whether they fought with their kids or they were really nice to them, it just seemed to be a representative sample of fatherhood. Good, Bad, Indifferent.

Just my experience during a certain era, in a certain location, that's all - nothing more.

Re: Can be a criminal and a good father ? [Re: furio_from_naples] #878270
03/13/16 10:24 PM
03/13/16 10:24 PM
G
georgietwos Offline
Wiseguy
georgietwos  Offline
G
Wiseguy
Apologies if I have submitted a similar post am new to the forum. Interested to hear views on this subject

This is a very interesting thread particularly to me as I joined solely because I am profiling the daughter of a notorious mafia Don. He's been absent for most of her life allegedly but has had a massive affect on her decision's and way she's lived her life. She herself has been linked to crime and violent acts and I joined this with a view to find out more about her father.
I don't believe a criminal at a certain level can be a good father part of it is being a role model and obviously keeping your children safe. Exposing them to danger is par for the course if you are a criminal but what of the mothers? Can they be good mothers choosing to lay down and have children with these men?

Last edited by georgietwos; 03/13/16 10:26 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull