GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 218 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,949
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,344
Posts1,058,970
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question #876690
02/26/16 09:58 AM
02/26/16 09:58 AM
A
AdamRski Offline OP
Button
AdamRski  Offline OP
A
Button
So I've been rereading some stuff on Cleveland and I was trying to come up with a list of made members(active or retired) right when Scalish died in 1976. Here's what I have. I think I have most of the active ones, but when it comes to the inactive ones I'm pretty sure I'm missing a bunch.

James Licavoli
Leo Moceri
Anthony Delsanter
Angelo Lonardo
John Tronolone
Anthony Milano
Carmen Basile
Dominic Sospirato
Frank Embrecsia
Charles Cassaro

Anyone have others?

Adam R.

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: AdamRski] #876691
02/26/16 10:03 AM
02/26/16 10:03 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: furio_from_naples] #876692
02/26/16 10:24 AM
02/26/16 10:24 AM
A
AdamRski Offline OP
Button
AdamRski  Offline OP
A
Button
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples

Yes I have looked at that site. And its good, but its kind of vague with dates. Also, there are names on there listed as members who I think its pretty clear were not actually members. Just associates. I was looking specifically at right after Scalish died and Licavoli took over. Just wondering who were options for captain or administration positions and who might have been soldiers(even if elderly) who still may have been active. And just kind of curious as to who was a member but was retired at the time. But it is a good site.

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: AdamRski] #876706
02/26/16 11:56 AM
02/26/16 11:56 AM
Chicago and Cleveland
FriendoftheFamily Offline
Made Member
FriendoftheFamily  Offline
Made Member
Chicago and Cleveland
So are you looking for a Freeze Frame Scalish's Death 1976 Cleveland Chart?

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: FriendoftheFamily] #876707
02/26/16 12:12 PM
02/26/16 12:12 PM
A
AdamRski Offline OP
Button
AdamRski  Offline OP
A
Button
Originally Posted By: FriendoftheFamily
So are you looking for a Freeze Frame Scalish's Death 1976 Cleveland Chart?

Essentially. Obviously such a chart doesn't exist, but I was trying to figure out who were technically members at the time. These ten I'm pretty positive about. At least I thinks Sospirato was still alive.

James Licavoli
Leo Moceri
Anthony Delsanter
Angelo Lonardo
John Tronolone
Anthony Milano
Carmen Basile
Dominic Sospirato
Frank Embrecsia
Charles Cassaro

But I'm just not sure about anyone else. Basile is always intriguing to me because he was a member, he was active, but you really didn't hear too much about him. Not sure if there were others like him. Also pretty interested in people who were retired. The ones who were around socially but didn't take part in the Greene/Nardi madness of 76-78. But were happy when they were killed.

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: AdamRski] #876709
02/26/16 12:52 PM
02/26/16 12:52 PM
Chicago and Cleveland
Made Member
Made Member
Chicago and Cleveland
See if you recognize anyone involved here.

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/763/1504/198734/

Since you have a low number of posts - see if you pick up on any of this....

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: AdamRski] #876710
02/26/16 01:05 PM
02/26/16 01:05 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
James Lafatch
ernie lasalle
Alfred Polizzi
George Angersola
John Angersola
Anthony MOllica
Louis Battista
mike minaden

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: FriendoftheFamily] #876714
02/26/16 01:59 PM
02/26/16 01:59 PM
A
AdamRski Offline OP
Button
AdamRski  Offline OP
A
Button

Thanks. Pretty familiar with the Zagaria-Graewe group and their work with the Cleveland mob in the post Greene/Nardi war time period. More interested literally in who was a member in 1976. Like when Sinito and Gallo were made Charles Casarro was there. But that's pretty much the only reference to him I've ever come across. So I was looking for people like that. And if there were more members like Basile who were still active. But thanks. And I'm not quite a newbie. I've been posting on sites for over ten years. Just new to this one.

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: AdamRski] #876727
02/26/16 02:37 PM
02/26/16 02:37 PM
Chicago and Cleveland
Made Member
Made Member
Chicago and Cleveland
Originally Posted By: AdamRski

Thanks. Pretty familiar with the Zagaria-Graewe group and their work with the Cleveland mob in the post Greene/Nardi war time period. More interested literally in who was a member in 1976. Like when Sinito and Gallo were made Charles Casarro was there. But that's pretty much the only reference to him I've ever come across. So I was looking for people like that. And if there were more members like Basile who were still active. But thanks. And I'm not quite a newbie. I've been posting on sites for over ten years. Just new to this one.

I was hoping you would pick up on Sinito and Gallo.

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: strococs] #876728
02/26/16 02:38 PM
02/26/16 02:38 PM
Chicago and Cleveland
Made Member
Made Member
Chicago and Cleveland
Originally Posted By: strococs
James Lafatch
ernie lasalle
Alfred Polizzi
George Angersola
John Angersola
Anthony MOllica
Louis Battista
mike minaden

George Andersola died in 1975 in Miami a year before Scalish died.

(Just for clarification)

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: strococs] #876737
02/26/16 03:49 PM
02/26/16 03:49 PM
A
AdamRski Offline OP
Button
AdamRski  Offline OP
A
Button
James Lafatch
ernie lasalle
Alfred Polizzi
George Angersola
John Angersola
Anthony MOllica
Louis Battista
mike minaden

Thanks for the list. So for people like Louis Battista. He would have been around 60 when Scalish died. Would he be retired at that point? Seems a little young for that. Because his name never comes up in any investigations or testimony. During all the arrests and trials in the multiple post Greene/Nardi war cases its always the same incredibly small group of people. So I'm trying to get a picture of what the organization was really like in 1976. Like these are the ten or so members actively involved in the Cleveland family, these are the fifteen or so members who just work on their own, and these are the fifteen or so guys who are totally retired(and these two are in Florida and this one is in Arizona...). Trying to get a feel for what Licavoli had to work with at that time. Just pretty curious about the situation.

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: AdamRski] #876950
02/28/16 06:41 PM
02/28/16 06:41 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo

Thanks for the list. So for people like Louis Battista. He would have been around 60 when Scalish died. Would he be retired at that point? Seems a little young for that. Because his name never comes up in any investigations or testimony. During all the arrests and trials in the multiple post Greene/Nardi war cases its always the same incredibly small group of people. So I'm trying to get a picture of what the organization was really like in 1976. Like these are the ten or so members actively involved in the Cleveland family, these are the fifteen or so members who just work on their own, and these are the fifteen or so guys who are totally retired(and these two are in Florida and this one is in Arizona...). Trying to get a feel for what Licavoli had to work with at that time. Just pretty curious about the situation. [/quote]

for example Louis Battista was under Allot of heat in 75/76 for his role in A arson that three firemen died. He was found not guilty in 1976. He was Cleveland's "guy' in Canton.

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: AdamRski] #876952
02/28/16 07:07 PM
02/28/16 07:07 PM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
[/quote]

Thanks for the list. So for people like Louis Battista. He would have been around 60 when Scalish died. Would he be retired at that point? Seems a little young for that. Because his name never comes up in any investigations or testimony. During all the arrests and trials in the multiple post Greene/Nardi war cases its always the same incredibly small group of people. So I'm trying to get a picture of what the organization was really like in 1976. Like these are the ten or so members actively involved in the Cleveland family, these are the fifteen or so members who just work on their own, and these are the fifteen or so guys who are totally retired(and these two are in Florida and this one is in Arizona...). Trying to get a feel for what Licavoli had to work with at that time. Just pretty curious about the situation. [/quote]

There were somewhere in neighborhood of 30 made guys left in Cleveland in 76 . Most older or semi active. Since Scalish never made any or very few guys. The family was dying out to Attrition. Jack White was A hell of Captain . He was no boss. His first mistake was putting Leo Lips as his underboss. The consensus among Cleveland's underworld seems to be that Angelo Lonardo or JOhn Nardi should of been the next one to take the reins. Jack White did win A mob war and beat a murder case but he was no boss and was not respected by many local players or other crime families.

Re: Made Cleveland Members in 1976 Question [Re: strococs] #876999
02/29/16 09:47 AM
02/29/16 09:47 AM
Chicago and Cleveland
Made Member
Made Member
Chicago and Cleveland
[/quote]

Thanks for the list. So for people like Louis Battista. He would have been around 60 when Scalish died. Would he be retired at that point? Seems a little young for that. Because his name never comes up in any investigations or testimony. During all the arrests and trials in the multiple post Greene/Nardi war cases its always the same incredibly small group of people. So I'm trying to get a picture of what the organization was really like in 1976. Like these are the ten or so members actively involved in the Cleveland family, these are the fifteen or so members who just work on their own, and these are the fifteen or so guys who are totally retired(and these two are in Florida and this one is in Arizona...). Trying to get a feel for what Licavoli had to work with at that time. Just pretty curious about the situation.

There were somewhere in neighborhood of 30 made guys left in Cleveland in 76 . Most older or semi active. Since Scalish never made any or very few guys. The family was dying out to Attrition. Jack White was A hell of Captain . He was no boss. His first mistake was putting Leo Lips as his underboss. The consensus among Cleveland's underworld seems to be that Angelo Lonardo or JOhn Nardi should of been the next one to take the reins. Jack White did win A mob war and beat a murder case but he was no boss and was not respected by many local players or other crime families. [/quote]

A lot of guys just didn't want the Job. They thought since Scalish did such a good job that the next one will do a good job. They didn't consider the fall out or rumbling within the organization once certain people were named.

Then who would win but ending in that both sides lost.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull