GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (RushStreet, 1 invisible), 268 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,886
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,325
Posts1,058,642
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Angelo Ruggiero Tapes #876629
02/25/16 05:24 PM
02/25/16 05:24 PM
blueracing347 Offline OP
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline OP
Underboss
I know Big Paul wanted to hear them. Have they ever been released? If I have my facts right,Gene Gotti and Ruggiero were pinched together. How come Gotti wasnt whacked? Was it because Big Paul was whacked first? Even if Big Paul made it to trial, were the Ruggiero tapes all they had on him or was he fucked like the other bosses?

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876634
02/25/16 06:32 PM
02/25/16 06:32 PM
B
Beenaround Offline
Capo
Beenaround  Offline
B
Capo
Originally Posted By: blueracing347
I know Big Paul wanted to hear them. Have they ever been released? If I have my facts right,Gene Gotti and Ruggiero were pinched together. How come Gotti wasnt whacked? Was it because Big Paul was whacked first? Even if Big Paul made it to trial, were the Ruggiero tapes all they had on him or was he fucked like the other bosses?

..Neil Dellacroce may have prevented it. He was pretty close to the Gottis..Neil died 12/2/ 1985 a couple of days before Castellano 12/16/85..

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876635
02/25/16 06:37 PM
02/25/16 06:37 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
were the Ruggiero tapes all they had on him or was he fucked like the other bosses?

From memory they had the Demeo car ring on him as well.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876636
02/25/16 06:40 PM
02/25/16 06:40 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
How come Gotti wasnt whacked?

Dellacroce

Was it because Big Paul was whacked first?

Yes

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876638
02/25/16 07:05 PM
02/25/16 07:05 PM
blueracing347 Offline OP
Underboss
blueracing347  Offline OP
Underboss
It's ironic how Mr. Neil was old school lcn, yet he stood behind the Gotti's. Who broke the all the rules. Why was Neil so fond of Gotti? From everything i've read and seen, he seems like a bum, a lousy husband, and a shitty dad. I wish Demeo's crew wouldve been ordered to slice up Gotti. He was the best thing to happen for the feds. Worst thing for the Gambinos.

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876644
02/25/16 08:37 PM
02/25/16 08:37 PM
In a wide open city
Tony_Pro Offline
Capo
Tony_Pro  Offline
Capo
In a wide open city
It's ironic how Mr. Neil was old school lcn, yet he stood behind the Gotti's. Who broke the all the rules. Why was Neil so fond of Gotti? From everything i've read and seen, he seems like a bum, a lousy husband, and a shitty dad. I wish Demeo's crew wouldve been ordered to slice up Gotti. He was the best thing to happen for the feds. Worst thing for the Gambinos.

Towards the end Demeo and his crew were under under some pretty heavy NYPD and fed surveillance. I doubt they could have carried off one of the most prominent captains in the Gambinos, wack him and then dispose of his body without being noticed.

And Gotti was no fool, there was no way he was going to meet Demeo or Gaggi alone, they would have needed someone close to him to sell him out to get close to him.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi
Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #876647
02/25/16 09:24 PM
02/25/16 09:24 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
were the Ruggiero tapes all they had on him or was he fucked like the other bosses?

From memory they had the Demeo car ring on him as well.

That was before and separate from the commission case...Cant remember if he was ever indicted for it...Supposedly part of the reason Demeo was hit was because Big Paul didnt want him ratting about the ring and sending him to prison

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876648
02/25/16 09:28 PM
02/25/16 09:28 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss

As I said, Demeo was killed partially because Big Paul was afraid he would roll on him about the car theft ring.

The commission trial I think he was originally indicted but then not long after that of course before he could enjoy a nice cut of meat at sparks he was gunned down

For the car ring he wasnt really fucked...but if he would have been alive for the trial obviously he would have gotten the same sentence as everyone else

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876650
02/25/16 09:44 PM
02/25/16 09:44 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Everyone talks about how high profile Gotti was and how he ruined the gambino crime family ect..,, no one mentions that he was very well liked, respected, and feared. Neil loved him as did carmine fatico. Neil was a hardcore G and no way would someone of Neils stature gravitate towards a low life. Gotti, love him or hate him, was a true gangster. Saying he wasnt a good husband or father is kind of ridiculous. What about castellano, Gigante, and virtually every other mob guy. They all had girls on the side and most had little or no contact with their kids.
As far as ruggiero. Gotti shelved him for being a total dick for brains and talking about drugs on his telephone, even though it was his daughter; like the shit head didnt think the feds can tap his daughters phone! Fuckin stupid.
Gotti went after Paul proavtively because he knew there was a good chance he would be killed or at the very least, his crew split up and his money would of dried up. It really was a smart move in a sense.
The fact that he wasnt killed after am unsanctioned hit of a boss shows how respected he was despite a few attempts such as the car bombing that killed his underboss.
Look what happed to Anthony Caponegro when he shot Bruno... That never happened to Gotti. Dont beieve the hype that Gotti was purposely high profile so no one coukd kill him as law enforcement was always watching him. Total bullshit. Any number of crews coukd of killed him in a drive by leaving his home, the bergen club, or even some restaurant. Not to mention he attended meetings with other families and easily could have been set up. He was never killed for a reason.

Last edited by Belmont; 02/25/16 09:54 PM.
Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: Belmont] #876668
02/26/16 04:43 AM
02/26/16 04:43 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Belmont
Everyone talks about how high profile Gotti was and how he ruined the gambino crime family ect..,,

I'm reading Murder Machine by Capeci at the moment and what I found really surprising to read was that Paul Castellano ordered Nino Gaggi to open the social club Veterans & Friends when he became the new boss.

Apperantly everybody needed to come once a week, all the capos, soldiers and associates were ordered to attend these so-called ''shape-ups''. Nino Gaggi was very disturbed by it and said that the FEDs were gonna have a field day because of this..

This is very striking to me, because in all the stories and documentaries they say that Gotti was the first on to do this and that he ruined the Gambino family, and at the same time Castellano is portrayed as some kind of low key, shadowy figure..

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876673
02/26/16 05:46 AM
02/26/16 05:46 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ BillyBrizzi

The contridictions get funny don't they? The ironic thing is, just as the Feds knew exactly where Gotti was at all times, they also knew where Castellano was, sticking out like a sore thumb on Todt Hill. It's like he was unwittingly doing some of the same things he condemned Gotti for.

He was looking to consolidate his power amongst the crews, but he cared to much about what the " upper world" thought.

A real hardcore guy doesn't need to hear the Gotti tapes, shit Chin told the whole of NY if MY NAME COMES OUT OF YOUR MOUTH AND ENDS UP IN A COURTROOM, YOU ARE A DEAD MAN.

But, to these guys credit, they hadn't really seen Rico in action yet, so I'm not sure they realized how dangerous it was, and yet as I say that, I'm reminded of the, I think Tony Ducks tapes, where they were talking about the Bonnano book, and how the government would use it to lock everyone up....

@Belmont

I kind of agree on Gotti, I'm reminded of a story. When Gotti was in prison, he was the only guy to stand up to Carmine Galante, and he wasn't even made yet. This is after Gotti was made basically a capo as an associate, was reporting directly to Carlo, and now then he had Galante AND Dellacroce basically vouching for him.And he was part of the crew that avenged Gambinos nephew. Definitely a rising star, regardless of what anyone thought...

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 02/26/16 05:47 AM.
Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: Belmont] #876679
02/26/16 07:42 AM
02/26/16 07:42 AM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Everyone talks about how high profile Gotti was and how he ruined the gambino crime family ect..,, no one mentions that he was very well liked, respected, and feared. Neil loved him as did carmine fatico. Neil was a hardcore G and no way would someone of Neils stature gravitate towards a low life. Gotti, love him or hate him, was a true gangster. Saying he wasnt a good husband or father is kind of ridiculous. What about castellano, Gigante, and virtually every other mob guy. They all had girls on the side and most had little or no contact with their kids.
As far as ruggiero. Gotti shelved him for being a total dick for brains and talking about drugs on his telephone, even though it was his daughter; like the shit head didnt think the feds can tap his daughters phone! Fuckin stupid.
Gotti went after Paul proavtively because he knew there was a good chance he would be killed or at the very least, his crew split up and his money would of dried up. It really was a smart move in a sense.
The fact that he wasnt killed after am unsanctioned hit of a boss shows how respected he was despite a few attempts such as the car bombing that killed his underboss.
Look what happed to Anthony Caponegro when he shot Bruno... That never happened to Gotti. Dont beieve the hype that Gotti was purposely high profile so no one coukd kill him as law enforcement was always watching him. Total bullshit. Any number of crews coukd of killed him in a drive by leaving his home, the bergen club, or even some restaurant. Not to mention he attended meetings with other families and easily could have been set up. He was never killed for a reason.

i know you are a gotti fan BUT i think you are giving him too much credit. A big reason why he wasnt killed a long time ago was Neil AND luck. he was a tough guy no doubt but he wasnt feared by everyone. He actually was lucky he skipped the meeting that ended killing frank decicco in that car bomb in 86. Also he wasnt fearless. Its common knowledge he was terrified of roy demeo and even anthony casso. In fact when big paul gave gottis crew the contract to kill roy gotti basically begged paul to give it to someone else

Last edited by JCrusher; 02/26/16 07:49 AM.
Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876681
02/26/16 08:08 AM
02/26/16 08:08 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@Anyone who speaks Legalese;

So the Ruggerio tapes helped provide the probable cause to bug Pauls home,right? I never understood why he couldn't get these tapes himself via discovery. Or just get some 1000 dollar an hour lawyers on it, like he couldn't get these tapes, really?

Why was the guy so inflexible about something none of the bosses could control? Why not pass word to Ruggerio, hey, you get convicted,you gotta take the fall for the family? In fact, I woulda ordered DeMeo to do the same.....

Ok, maybe not DeMeo, it WAS a Rico......

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: Belmont] #876725
02/26/16 02:32 PM
02/26/16 02:32 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

Gotti was going to be killed for the murder of Paul though. Chin was going to do the same thing to him as he done with Caponigro. He was going to kill Gotti and his underboss, to repay Castellano and Bilotti being murdered. He made his first attempt with the car bomb that killed DeCicco. He would've made another attempt to get rid of him much faster, but Gotti ended up sitting in prison for the entirety of the Giacalone case. After Gotti won the case, Chin immediately set the plan to kill Gotti back in motion and let Jimmy Brown and Danny Marino know it , because those two were who he was going to install as boss and underboss of the Gambinos after Gotti was killed. However, the feds heard Bobby Manna discussing the plans in the bathroom of his NJ restaurant and informed Gotti that the Genovese had a hit planned for him. Chin was then alerted that the FBI knew about it, and decided to leave it alone, because if Gotti was killed, they'd ultimately know who it came from.

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: SinatraClub] #876744
02/26/16 05:11 PM
02/26/16 05:11 PM
J
JCrusher Offline
Underboss
JCrusher  Offline
J
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Gotti was going to be killed for the murder of Paul though. Chin was going to do the same thing to him as he done with Caponigro. He was going to kill Gotti and his underboss, to repay Castellano and Bilotti being murdered. He made his first attempt with the car bomb that killed DeCicco. He would've made another attempt to get rid of him much faster, but Gotti ended up sitting in prison for the entirety of the Giacalone case. After Gotti won the case, Chin immediately set the plan to kill Gotti back in motion and let Jimmy Brown and Danny Marino know it , because those two were who he was going to install as boss and underboss of the Gambinos after Gotti was killed. However, the feds heard Bobby Manna discussing the plans in the bathroom of his NJ restaurant and informed Gotti that the Genovese had a hit planned for him. Chin was then alerted that the FBI knew about it, and decided to leave it alone, because if Gotti was killed, they'd ultimately know who it came from.

This

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876745
02/26/16 05:19 PM
02/26/16 05:19 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Sinatra didn't the Chin and Gaspipe take out Eddie Lino for being involved in Castellano's hit?

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876746
02/26/16 05:25 PM
02/26/16 05:25 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Correct.

Casso used Eppolito and Caracappa.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 02/26/16 05:25 PM.

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876747
02/26/16 05:31 PM
02/26/16 05:31 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Sonny, how about Borriello? It was at first believed he was in on the hit. Do you think that is why he was hit?

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: Beanshooter] #876761
02/26/16 07:15 PM
02/26/16 07:15 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
he was an inner circle guy, at the time he was acting for jr. did not matter if they thought he was in on the paul hit or not bobby was going.

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: blueracing347] #876762
02/26/16 08:00 PM
02/26/16 08:00 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Makes sense bronx, thank you!

Re: Angelo Ruggiero Tapes [Re: CabriniGreen] #876771
02/26/16 09:30 PM
02/26/16 09:30 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@Anyone who speaks Legalese;

So the Ruggerio tapes helped provide the probable cause to bug Pauls home,right? I never understood why he couldn't get these tapes himself via discovery. Or just get some 1000 dollar an hour lawyers on it, like he couldn't get these tapes, really?

Why was the guy so inflexible about something none of the bosses could control? Why not pass word to Ruggerio, hey, you get convicted,you gotta take the fall for the family? In fact, I woulda ordered DeMeo to do the same.....

Ok, maybe not DeMeo, it WAS a Rico......

It wasn't the Ruggiero tapes. Those were apart of it, but what actually set off the motion of the bug in Paul's home were the Tommy Agro tapes in which he's chewing out Joe Dogs. This is from the mouths of the feds who bugged his house.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull