GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Toodoped, mustachepete, 2 invisible), 261 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,324
Posts1,058,615
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pre 1999 DiMeo family structure #876189
02/21/16 01:00 PM
02/21/16 01:00 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline OP
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline OP
Underboss
Larry's Bar
We always talk about the sopranos, but what of the actual crime family. As Far as I can tell there is no Consiglieri in the family.
The Unrest of 1983, is never really explained, but is pieced together throughout the series at certain moments just not enough.
What we Know:
*The Unrest of 1983 was an important time in the familys history. There are hints that a small civil war was happening in the family.

*Tony Soprano, Jackie Aprile Sr, Silver Dante, and another unnamed person was involved in holding up Feech card game. A couple of sit downs took place and DiMeo, decided to give them a pass, plus they were inducted into the family by at least the next year.

*Tony B, was in Feech crew. Feech and Tony B blew up Tommy Gilardi and his driver which set off a War within the family. Gilardi having a driver and said to be a powerful crime figure, indicates him being the Underboss or at the vary least, a Capo.

*Speaking of Capos.
1. Feech La Manna
2. Johnny Soprano
3. Junior Soprano
4. Raymond Curto
5. Richie Aprile
6. Unnamed crew, but disbanded by DiMeo in 1984, with members going to prison, Junior Soprano and Raymond Curto crews.
7. Possibilities, Tommy Gilardi and Jerry Anastasia, and Joe Sasso?

* Many members of the family go to jail and prison due to Febby flipping.

Feech goes to prison. Most Likely Jerry Anastasia becomes the Capo of this crew. Hints:
*Anastasia is a Capo when Tony Soprano is recently made into the DiMeo family.
*Anastasia always made sure that Tony picked up the check as a soldier on crews get togethers at dinners or lunches. Most likely cause he resented Tony's stunt at Feech card game, and was still inducted into the family.

Have to stop for now.

There are a lot of inaccuracies. Febby is said to have flipped in 1989, but a lot of guys went to prison in 82-84. Also there is the matter of Johnny Soprano death, 1984 is on the head stone, but there are years and event to indicate 1987, 1989, 1993, and in one line it seems he died in 95.
Also there is the matter of season one. It seems Jimmy Atliere was Capo of the Aprile crew, but by season two you have Richie as the Capo of the Aprile and Carlo taking over Atliere crew. Then you hear the name Augusta Aprile as if he is still alive but we never see him. Barese is the biggest crew but we only see Larry and Albert, plus a soldier near the end of the series. Joe Sasso is listed as a member of Juniors crew and promoted to Underboss, presumably by Corrado, but there is a reference of him being Underboss before that and Dimeo had him and John Soprano as his two most reliable members. Sasso is also known for having an ailing health before going to jail. Seasons 1 and 2 are different from one another, but also from the resistance of the series.

I only have VCR at the moment, but been watching the seasons on VHS and I am picking up somethings. Hence why I started this thread.

Last edited by Giacomo_Vacari; 02/22/16 07:35 AM. Reason: Info

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Pre 1999 DiMeo family structure [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #876198
02/21/16 03:31 PM
02/21/16 03:31 PM
Larry's Bar
Underboss
Underboss
Larry's Bar
DiMeo created the family in the 1950s.
During that time there were two known crews
Gilardi and La Manna.
John Soprano was made in the late 1950s.
1960s.
John Soprano is a Capo and runs Northern New Jersey with his brother Corrado.
1970s.
Michele La Manna is a feared and powerful Capo.
Corrado Sopranos was likely made and given his own crew.
The Aprile crew is mentioned when talking about Carlos Gambino death. We know that Richie Aprile was not a Capo till the 1980s. So most likely a father or uncle of Jackie and Richie was a Capo before them.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Pre 1999 DiMeo family structure [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #876597
02/25/16 12:01 PM
02/25/16 12:01 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
How do you know all this? I've seen the series plenty times having it on my computer but I have only heard some of these names a few times, like Anastasia and that unknown Aprile guy, but I don't have dates and so on. Also, the name Frank DiNapoli was mentioned by Paulie once, could this be another Soldier/Capo?

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

''Oh, I just wish someone would try to hurt you so I could kill them for you.''
Re: Pre 1999 DiMeo family structure [Re: BlueEyes] #876777
02/26/16 11:28 PM
02/26/16 11:28 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
I think there was a couple of supplementary picture books put out by HBO that gives a lot of background. Back when the show first started, on HBO's Soprano web page, they had a mock FBI surveillance log of Tony's crew, and it was hilarious. I should check one of the wayback websites to see if it can be retrieved.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Pre 1999 DiMeo family structure [Re: OakAsFan] #876782
02/27/16 12:53 AM
02/27/16 12:53 AM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
I think there was a couple of supplementary picture books put out by HBO that gives a lot of background. Back when the show first started, on HBO's Soprano web page, they had a mock FBI surveillance log of Tony's crew, and it was hilarious. I should check one of the wayback websites to see if it can be retrieved.

could you post a link?

''Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but then again the bible says to love thy enemy.'' - Frank Sinatra

Re: Pre 1999 DiMeo family structure [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #876863
02/27/16 04:57 PM
02/27/16 04:57 PM
Larry's Bar
Underboss
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Each series came with a little booklet, which helped to trace the Soprano blood relatives for the VHS. I have seasons 1-5 on VHS, and they do give some background on the crime family. Season 1 had the info about Sasso's failing, John Soprano and Johnny Sac had been in business together since the mid 1980s, and Corrado having connections with the Teresa family. DiMeo family had maintained friendships with the Mangano family since Dom created the family since 1950s and Curto or Barese crew maintained that connection, but we never see it throughout the show.

The first two seasons on DVD had some more info and both FBI files on them had a lot of hilarious notes on the Sopranos.

Frank DiNapoli? Are you talking about Frank up in Boston who has the oxygen mask on. That is the only person I can think of unless I missed the reference somewhere through the series.

Tony B and Manna where in the same crew. Robert had a hard time remembering his lines in season 5, so Chase had to write him off and take the story in a different direction. Tony B didn't start killing for Angelo until after Manna was sent to prison.

One thing about the show, is that they leave off on a bunch of things that are never told what the outcome was or what happened to certain things and people.

Re: Pre 1999 DiMeo family structure [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #876938
02/28/16 02:54 PM
02/28/16 02:54 PM
BlueEyes Offline
Button
BlueEyes  Offline
Button
I don't have the files nor can I find anything on the internet
I'd appreciate it if you posted the hole history pre 1999 in as much detail as you can, because I've watched the series and you're right they have tendensies to leave out or forget a bunch of stuff. It seems very amateur actually. It'd be great if you had the time. smile

Re: Pre 1999 DiMeo family structure [Re: Giacomo_Vacari] #950106
08/14/18 07:12 PM
08/14/18 07:12 PM
Quiet_Doms Offline
Capo
Quiet_Doms  Offline
Capo
A lot of plot holes. I don’t think they anticipated the fans reception of it.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull