GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RushStreet), 179 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,426
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,303
Posts1,058,274
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: IvyLeague] #874790
02/06/16 01:03 PM
02/06/16 01:03 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
What would be the point of switching from a ruling panel to one boss?

Is it possible this info is being put out into the public domain in preparation for new indictments against the "new boss"?

It would be somwhat more difficult to make a [RICO] case that someone is on a panel, wouldn't it?

The feds dont just make this stuff up. Capeci has both law enforcement and underworld sources confirming Bellomo is the boss. And the feds could bring an indictment either way. If you look at mob cases, the prosecution will often spell out every position the guy has had right up until the present.

Those are good points, but it bears noting, that the feds also thought Salerno was the boss, when it was really Gigante. Therefore there information isn't always faultless. I think we should actually wait until someone like the present boss of the Genovese is indicted so that we can review the evidence against him. It will spell out the government's theory and case.

You could be right though.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874791
02/06/16 01:13 PM
02/06/16 01:13 PM
Bamboo Lounge
NickyEyes1 Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
NickyEyes1  Offline
Hawks Bears Bulls Sox
Underboss
Bamboo Lounge
Moe what do you want his daughter to do? What her dad does for a living is beyond her control.

She could of easily gone the route of being a "housewife" for some random wiseguy but instead she became a completely legitimate lawyer and that is still not enough for you.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874792
02/06/16 01:15 PM
02/06/16 01:15 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

That was the mid 80's though. They only started investing proper resources in their fight against the mafia towards the end of the 1970's, after Hoover had virtually given them (mafia) free reign for a half-century.

Salerno was fulfilling all the roles a don would fulfil. He was, for intents and purposes, the boss. But yes, as time progressed it proved that Gigante was the power.

Totally different landscape and resources now.

As for the Lifetime movie saga of the Bellomo family.

http://nypost.com/2007/07/24/miracle-sentence-for-mob-boss/

Quote:
In a breach of the Mafia’s oath of silence, Bellomo acknowledged in court papers last week that he once ran the Genovese crime family – but claimed he found religion in prison and dropped out of the mob.

“Barney was acting boss up until his conviction in 1997, but since then, he has not had any role in the affairs of the Genovese crime family,” Levin said.

Describing Bellomo’s life behind bars, Levin told Kaplan the former mob big “has changed his life. He became religious and has spent the last 11 years trying to keep his kids on the straight and narrow.”

Looks like he found religion alright.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: Alfa Romeo] #874797
02/06/16 04:46 PM
02/06/16 04:46 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

What would be the point of switching from a ruling panel to one boss?

Is it possible this info is being put out into the public domain in preparation for new indictments against the "new boss"?

It would be somwhat more difficult to make a [RICO] case that someone is on a panel, wouldn't it?

The feds dont just make this stuff up. Capeci has both law enforcement and underworld sources confirming Bellomo is the boss. And the feds could bring an indictment either way. If you look at mob cases, the prosecution will often spell out every position the guy has had right up until the present.

Those are good points, but it bears noting, that the feds also thought Salerno was the boss, when it was really Gigante. Therefore there information isn't always faultless. I think we should actually wait until someone like the present boss of the Genovese is indicted so that we can review the evidence against him. It will spell out the government's theory and case.

You could be right though.

People need to stop bringing up the Salerno thing - talk about an exception to the rule - as an excuse to call the feds into question whenever they feel like it.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874798
02/06/16 04:48 PM
02/06/16 04:48 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Gigante took over the family mid 50tys so Barney's following in his footsteps. Wonder where powerful guy Dan Leo fits in or his he retired. I no this is from 2004 but Angelo prisco was having a discussion with a informant and he would prefer barney over Leo as new boss you can find it on here somewhere. Barney old acting underboss mickey died a few months back probaly a large turn out for his.funeral was there anything reported on it. Feds flipd massino and all the damage he did is basically moot now. The family's are back to where they were around 2000. But Vinny gorgeous is gone for life.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: Moe_Tilden] #874799
02/06/16 04:50 PM
02/06/16 04:50 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: Moe_Tilden
Originally Posted By: VegasMikey
Lol @ moe Tilden. ohhh no some killers got killed. Oh my god some guy paid a lot of juice because he couldn't stop gambling. Whose lives were ruined? let's be real, maybe there are better causes to fight for

Deadbeat gamblers, down on their luck businessmen and drug addicts aren't killers.

Bellomo is a murdering shitbag. And other people's money paid for his daughter's education so she could be house counsel for the mob.

It is what it is.

Moe i see your point about law school funding coming from her dads illicit funds, but to be fair we dont know if he paid for it or she took out 1/4 mil in loans like i did which can and is making me nauseous just thinking about...

But whatever the money situation is is irrelevant.. Law school is insanely difficult as is passing the bar exam especially in NY which is the hardest exam in the country... Her father and his job had absolutely no bearing on her getting into law school, keepin her grades up to remain in and graduating... So beyond the speculation that she may have had it paid for from gambling proceeds she should be commended for her profession and your other broader points dont make much sense

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: NickyEyes1] #874800
02/06/16 04:51 PM
02/06/16 04:51 PM
Philly Burbs
mikeyballs211 Offline
acting associate
mikeyballs211  Offline
acting associate
Underboss
Philly Burbs
Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Moe what do you want his daughter to do? What her dad does for a living is beyond her control.

She could of easily gone the route of being a "housewife" for some random wiseguy but instead she became a completely legitimate lawyer and that is still not enough for you.

Nicky - exactly solid point buddy couldnt agree more

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874812
02/06/16 07:02 PM
02/06/16 07:02 PM
G
GetALife Offline
Wiseguy
GetALife  Offline
G
Wiseguy
We are in a time period where people realize the government is corrupt and the media is used to sell nonsense to the people, yet we are quoting and speculating on news paper articles.
If there is no "Organized Crime" there is no "Organized Crime" task force and then the "Organized Crime" tasks force looses their cushy job and have to go chase terrorists. So what do you do? You put together a story with more gaping holes than a kardashian, and wait for people to chirp about it on their spare time while other people are busy working.
if anyone was an expert on this lifestyle and what this individual is doing, you'd realize the only reason for the Govt trying to build him up to put him away is because he is peaceful. That's bad for the "Organized crime" task force business. They'd rather everything play out like a gangster movie and let repeat murderers and drug dealers back out on the streets. This isn't rocket science this is a business question for all of the scholars on this forum. If you're in the business of putting away "Criminals" do you want peace? Or do you want chaos so you're guaranteed a job?

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: GetALife] #874816
02/06/16 08:02 PM
02/06/16 08:02 PM
H
Holyoke Offline
Capo
Holyoke  Offline
H
Capo
I love your line about "more gaping holes than a Kardashian".

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: Holyoke] #874822
02/06/16 09:52 PM
02/06/16 09:52 PM
G
GetALife Offline
Wiseguy
GetALife  Offline
G
Wiseguy
Thank You sir

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: GetALife] #874830
02/06/16 10:54 PM
02/06/16 10:54 PM
C
Canoliking Offline
Associate
Canoliking  Offline
C
Associate
I 100% agree with you!!! GetALife is smart he's totally correct.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874831
02/06/16 11:30 PM
02/06/16 11:30 PM
G
GetALife Offline
Wiseguy
GetALife  Offline
G
Wiseguy
Let's put this in other words, if the task force/Law enforcement feel he's so smart, and he's conducting illegal activities, why put it in the paper to tip him off? The issue is they feel that we're so stupid and will fall for their nonsense. Not rocket science. I'm guessing that at least 85% of the people on this forum are Italian, if so why are we discriminating against our own kind by trying to set him and others up for failure? If he or any other of these people being discussed were black, this would be racist, there would be up roars and this forum would be illegal. I have had the burden of working on several of these cases being discussed and if you had to see and listen to evidence for hours upon hours, you'd be upset on how our own government hides evidence, and absolutely ignores what doesn't fit into their script and ruining people's families. It's an absolute disgrace

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: GetALife] #874832
02/06/16 11:41 PM
02/06/16 11:41 PM
C
Canoliking Offline
Associate
Canoliking  Offline
C
Associate
Totally agree again! Ur writing exactly what I've said almost verbatim. Question... Who gives the information for the newspapers to write?? Because what I think is the FBI is actually creating false evidence by putting this stuff in the newspapers, in the hope that people read it than repeat it ( like it's true) and hopefully the FBI picks up on wiretap. Than their lies become " true". Someone else is saying it now. Not them creating it from the start.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: Canoliking] #874834
02/06/16 11:53 PM
02/06/16 11:53 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Oh great. Another mutual admiration society has joined the GBB today. rolleyes

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874835
02/07/16 12:28 AM
02/07/16 12:28 AM
W
Wilson101 Offline
Underboss
Wilson101  Offline
W
Underboss
Lol SC you are the best

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: GetALife] #874842
02/07/16 02:51 AM
02/07/16 02:51 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: GetALife
We are in a time period where people realize the government is corrupt and the media is used to sell nonsense to the people, yet we are quoting and speculating on news paper articles.
If there is no "Organized Crime" there is no "Organized Crime" task force and then the "Organized Crime" tasks force looses their cushy job and have to go chase terrorists. So what do you do? You put together a story with more gaping holes than a kardashian, and wait for people to chirp about it on their spare time while other people are busy working.
if anyone was an expert on this lifestyle and what this individual is doing, you'd realize the only reason for the Govt trying to build him up to put him away is because he is peaceful. That's bad for the "Organized crime" task force business. They'd rather everything play out like a gangster movie and let repeat murderers and drug dealers back out on the streets. This isn't rocket science this is a business question for all of the scholars on this forum. If you're in the business of putting away "Criminals" do you want peace? Or do you want chaos so you're guaranteed a job?

Please take your pills before posting.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874846
02/07/16 04:34 AM
02/07/16 04:34 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Shifting gears, any background on DiChiaria?

People spend a lot of time on the familiar names, I never hear of these DiChiarias or Victor Colletti types...

@Moe
I hear what you are saying, but this is an example where........

You guys remember the scene from the Wire' where DeAngelo is like telling all, and from the looks on their faces, the disgust of his public defender, the satisfaction of the police, to them it's just a good case. People don't get it, like he said YOU ARE BORN INTO THIS SHIT, people think you pick n choose like you join a goddamn fraternity or some shit.

It reminds me a bit of military guys. You ever try to talk about combat with a guy from the military? If you have never experienced it, they won't even talk about it with a civilian, cause they will never understand.
Don't beat the girl up too bad, it's not realistic to expect her to what, run away from home, at what, 10? 15? Come on man, YOU do that, lol.....

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: IvyLeague] #874866
02/07/16 12:38 PM
02/07/16 12:38 PM
C
Canoliking Offline
Associate
Canoliking  Offline
C
Associate
Funny...but GetALife is right. Sounds like he's been in these courtrooms and seen the circus act that goes on. Did you ever wonder why there are no cameras allowed in the federal courts during a trial??? They do not want the people to know what goes on. All the motioning between the judges and the prosecutors. It's literally a 3 ring circus where the judge and the prosecutors are the ringmasters!

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874867
02/07/16 12:44 PM
02/07/16 12:44 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Good night thread....

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: IvyLeague] #874869
02/07/16 01:28 PM
02/07/16 01:28 PM
G
GetALife Offline
Wiseguy
GetALife  Offline
G
Wiseguy
Lol probably one of the only people on this site that are actually from
NYC that has any insight on anything, that goes onto this site to view how people, (such as yourself) have no life and speak like wash women after their daily soaps are over. Kudos to you because you live like one of the rats on each and every case 👏🏽

Last edited by GetALife; 02/07/16 01:29 PM.
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874871
02/07/16 01:43 PM
02/07/16 01:43 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Yes, yes. We know. The feds, prosecutors, and judges are the bad guys. The mobsters are the good guys. Bellomo is a model citizen. A pillar of the community. A beacon of truth and candidate for sainthood. And fortunately we have the NY guys (because who could know better?) here to give us the facts, mark the path, and show us all the way.

Why do I feel like I've seen this show before?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzx

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874873
02/07/16 01:58 PM
02/07/16 01:58 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Ivy Dont get mouse trapd skip past it. Carolina 24 Denver 20 Peyton poops himself in the end but they cover.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874874
02/07/16 01:59 PM
02/07/16 01:59 PM
G
GetALife Offline
Wiseguy
GetALife  Offline
G
Wiseguy
Hahaha when you refer to IvyLeague, is that on the short Bus? Or were you head of your law enforcement class in Kansas City?
Do I know better? Yes, I've worked for many of organized crime attorneys as opposed to..: let's say you, on your 1990's hp, staring out of your barn window looking at the goat you're going to plow later, then sign onto an organized crime website to make you feel like a tough guy.
The difference between a person like me and... You is I learn hands on. If I want to know about something I get a job and form an opponion, while you read 3rd party opinions and think you know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: CabriniGreen] #874875
02/07/16 02:00 PM
02/07/16 02:00 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Shifting gears, any background on DiChiaria?

People spend a lot of time on the familiar names, I never hear of these DiChiarias or Victor Colletti types...

DiChiara, of course, was caught up in that big Genovese bust in 2001. He was charged with gambling, extortion, and stock fraud, among other things. Back then Ross Gangi was running that crew and later both DiChiara and Sammy Aparo would be acting captain. More recently his involvement in the newspaper industry as been investigated, which Capeci touched on briefly in his article.

Coletti is part of the crew once run by Tony Parkside and now Anthony Romanello. He was caught up in a big gambling bust in Queens back in 2004 that involved the Genovese and Bonanno families. More recently his involvement in the car service industry has been reported on.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: GetALife] #874876
02/07/16 02:13 PM
02/07/16 02:13 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: pmac
Ivy Dont get mouse trapd skip past it. Carolina 24 Denver 20 Peyton poops himself in the end but they cover.

Hope you're wrong but afraid you may be right. I'm not a Broncos fan but am a Manning fan and would love to see the Broncos upset, Manning redeem himself after his last two Super Bowls, and go out with a second ring.

Hahaha when you refer to IvyLeague, is that on the short Bus? Or were you head of your law enforcement class in Kansas City?
Do I know better? Yes, I've worked for many of organized crime attorneys as opposed to..: let's say you, on your 1990's hp, staring out of your barn window looking at the goat you're going to plow later, then sign onto an organized crime website to make you feel like a tough guy.
The difference between a person like me and... You is I learn hands on. If I want to know about something I get a job and form an opponion, while you read 3rd party opinions and think you know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody.

I don't know who you've been talking to, or maybe you're just on something, but you've got several things wrong. Contrary to popular rumor, I've never been a member of law enforcement. I was a juvenile probation officer, but that deals more with the courts, and I dont do that anymore. I've never been to Kansas City.

You can play the act of being the savvy insider from NY here to clue all us country bumpkins in of the facts but nobody is going to buy it. These forums have seen a legion of internet pretenders like yourself come and go. The surest sign of these types is the "I'm from NY line and you really have to be from there to know" line. You played that card almost immediately. Oops.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: IvyLeague] #874877
02/07/16 02:18 PM
02/07/16 02:18 PM
C
Canoliking Offline
Associate
Canoliking  Offline
C
Associate
Does the name Lindley Devecchio ring any bells for you? As I recall he was an FBI agent who was worse than any of these guys you all talk about on here. I'll bet there are plenty more like him too out there. They hate smart people, because they are so dumb themselves. The smart guys they try to frame are bad for business, and that is a fact!

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: IvyLeague] #874878
02/07/16 02:19 PM
02/07/16 02:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Two guys join up the same day, become instant fans of each other, yet become belligerent when it comes to long standing members. And they both signed up THE SAME DAY that I made my first post in months. Familiar, much?

I'm not catching another heart attack for nobody. And after today or tomorrow, I won't be posting again at all because I'm heading south to recuperate in a more serene setting. I'll be back in a month or so. I'm only making this post for the benefit of the boards and the good-willed, longtime members here. And of course for the mods.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: gangstereport] #874879
02/07/16 02:21 PM
02/07/16 02:21 PM
Moe_Tilden Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians
Moe_Tilden  Offline
ForeverBotheringIranians

That's not the only strange thing about the timing of cheech and chong joining the boards.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.
Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: pizzaboy] #874880
02/07/16 02:22 PM
02/07/16 02:22 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Canoliking
Does the name Lindley Devecchio ring any bells for you? As I recall he was an FBI agent who was worse than any of these guys you all talk about on here. I'll bet there are plenty more like him too out there. They hate smart people, because they are so dumb themselves. The smart guys they try to frame are bad for business, and that is a fact!

Yes, because Devecchio is totally the rule and not the exception, right? rolleyes

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Two guys join up the same day, become instant fans of each other, yet become belligerent when it comes to long standing members. And they both signed up THE SAME DAY that I made my first post in months. Familiar, much?

I'm not catching another heart attack for nobody. And after today or tomorrow, I won't be posting again at all because I'm heading south to recuperate in a more serene setting. I'll be back in a month or so. I'm only making this post for the benefit of the boards and the good-willed. longtime members here. And of course for the mods.

Well said. Just the latest trolls. They never go away.

Re: gangland:Barney Bellomo the new boss [Re: IvyLeague] #874882
02/07/16 02:28 PM
02/07/16 02:28 PM
G
gangstereport Offline OP
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline OP
G
Underboss

Originally Posted By: pmac

Hope you're wrong but afraid you may be right. I'm not a Broncos fan but am a Manning fan and would love to see the Broncos upset, Manning redeem himself after his last two Super Bowls, and go out with a second ring.

I don't know who you've been talking to, or maybe you're just on something, but you've got several things wrong. Contrary to popular rumor, I've never been a member of law enforcement. I was a juvenile probation officer, but that deals more with the courts, and I dont do that anymore. I've never been to Kansas City.

You can play the act of being the savvy insider from NY here to clue all us country bumpkins in of the facts but nobody is going to buy it. These forums have seen a legion of internet pretenders like yourself come and go. The surest sign of these types is the "I'm from NY line and you really have to be from there to know" line. You played that card almost immediately. Oops.

ivy dont let them get a rise out of you they want you to react they are hoping for a reaction

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull