GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (mustachepete, Brovelli), 270 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,884
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,322
Posts1,058,595
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it #872864
01/17/16 06:18 PM
01/17/16 06:18 PM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline OP
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline OP
Underboss
Willenhall
Scenario:

-FBI pulls a guy in for some crime and threaten him with a large sentence
-This guy 'agrees' to inform on his friends and associates
-Back on the street this guy gets some money and clothes and sneaks out of the city to go on the lamb

Has anybody ever done this and what has been the opinions on the guy afterwards by his friends and associates?

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #872866
01/17/16 07:00 PM
01/17/16 07:00 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
billy battsia was a FBI informant in the gotti crew in the early 80s but when that prosecute tried to put him on stand he fled the country.

Craig Depalam (sad story) started cooperating then changed his mind and tried to kill himself went into a coma died a few years back i think

it has probably happened but one story that stays in my mind was the chick a philly mobsters plan in the 80s. This was after tommy del and nicky the crow flipped and they were all in prison facing all those rico trials. The chick told scarfo and leonetti he felt guilty as he brought tommy del in the mob and that he had a plan to kill tommy del he was going to tell the prosecutors he wanted to cooperate but he wanted to see tommy del first when the feds brought tommy del to him he was going to grab him and throw themselves out of a window. That is a real gangster. Scarfo was like but you would die aswell chick but the chick was like fuck that if i die at least i will be killing tommy del at the same time. Real gangster the chick

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: gangstereport] #872894
01/18/16 09:49 AM
01/18/16 09:49 AM
BillyBrizzi Offline
Underboss
BillyBrizzi  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
billy battsia was a FBI informant in the gotti crew in the early 80s but when that prosecute tried to put him on stand he fled the country.

Craig Depalam (sad story) started cooperating then changed his mind and tried to kill himself went into a coma died a few years back i think

it has probably happened but one story that stays in my mind was the chick a philly mobsters plan in the 80s. This was after tommy del and nicky the crow flipped and they were all in prison facing all those rico trials. The chick told scarfo and leonetti he felt guilty as he brought tommy del in the mob and that he had a plan to kill tommy del he was going to tell the prosecutors he wanted to cooperate but he wanted to see tommy del first when the feds brought tommy del to him he was going to grab him and throw themselves out of a window. That is a real gangster. Scarfo was like but you would die aswell chick but the chick was like fuck that if i die at least i will be killing tommy del at the same time. Real gangster the chick

Who do you mean exactly?? Chickie Ciancaglini??

FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #872899
01/18/16 10:42 AM
01/18/16 10:42 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Maybe Enrico Ponzo one of the men that tried to whack Salemme in 1989 that in 1994 went on the lam for 16 y ?
Inmate locator reported that was sentenced until 2035 but that isn't in bop custode.

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: BillyBrizzi] #872915
01/18/16 03:02 PM
01/18/16 03:02 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi

Who do you mean exactly?? Chickie Ciancaglini??

yes it was chickie ciancaglini who said that a real gangster

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #872918
01/18/16 03:13 PM
01/18/16 03:13 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
I think Craig DePalma tried to kill himself while in prison on the Atlanta Gold Club and Scores charges. He supposedly testified in front of a grand jury and later recanted his story. He was never on the lam, he was incarcerated.

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #872919
01/18/16 03:16 PM
01/18/16 03:16 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Falcone writes in his book that Craig DePalma should have never been made and that he didn't have the making of being a made man.

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #872920
01/18/16 03:18 PM
01/18/16 03:18 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Oh by the way, it's not called going on the lamb. It's "lam" lol

Last edited by Beanshooter; 01/18/16 03:21 PM.
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Beanshooter] #872921
01/18/16 03:34 PM
01/18/16 03:34 PM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

I'm gonna wind up a lammist, I gotta go on the f***in' lam in order to get away from this guy? This ain't right, Beansie.

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: njcapo35] #872924
01/18/16 04:04 PM
01/18/16 04:04 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: njcapo35

I'm gonna wind up a lammist, I gotta go on the f***in' lam in order to get away from this guy? This ain't right, Beansie.

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #872970
01/19/16 11:13 AM
01/19/16 11:13 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Billy Battista was a different situation though, similar to Willie Boy. Battista was informing and would've continued to inform and taken his sentence had it not been for that chick Giacalone. She named him and basically ousted him as an FBI informant during one of the Gotti Trials, and Battista found out and disappeared, never to be seen again, by any Federal Agent. Willie Boy should've done the same, but he was on trial with Gotti, and being the man he was, he opted to sit in with his friends and try to plead his case. Gotti lured him into a false sense of security before having him killed.

The FBI hated Giacalone after she did that to Battista & Willie Boy, all to win her flimsy case that wasnt really very good anyway. It's one of the reasons she retired from law a little while after that trial was over.

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #872975
01/19/16 02:05 PM
01/19/16 02:05 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
the feds killed willie boy and battista was smart enough to run. I think battistia was a hjacker and started informing for money similar to willie boy but willie boy was dealing drugs

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Beanshooter] #872978
01/19/16 02:11 PM
01/19/16 02:11 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Falcone writes in his book that Craig DePalma should have never been made and that he didn't have the making of being a made man.

yearh craig should never have been made apparently when he was getting his button he fucked up big time because when you get made they ask you "do you know why your hear" your supposed to reply to you dont know why you are here but when john gotti says to craig in the cermonary why are you hear craig says i am here to get my button lol john gotti was shaking his head and all those guys are just staring and then craig realizes his mistake and says "actually i am not completely sure why i am here" lol

falcones book i enjoyed good insight into alot of those guys like greg depalma robert vaccaro etc

greg was a scum bag used to hold meetings in front of his sons bed in that hospital the kid is in a coma and there greg is discussing mob business and he knew the feds would never bug the place

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #872984
01/19/16 03:31 PM
01/19/16 03:31 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
That's a great story GR. LOL!

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #872997
01/19/16 05:55 PM
01/19/16 05:55 PM
A
AllDay27 Offline
Capo
AllDay27  Offline
A
Capo
Vito Arena had already anonymously ratted out some Gambino soldiers and busted an operation, however after getting arrested for a small crime was going to inform in the entire DeMeo crew extensively having identified himself as the anonymous source that had previously called in a tip to the FBI.

Comically though, he was arrested late at night and the shift commander encouraged the interview to occur the next morning and the arresting officers arrived the next day to find Arena had been released on a relatively minuscule cash bail.

After being baffled at the ineptitude of the NYPD and their ability to coordinate with the FBI Arena naturally decided not to flip and to skip bail.

Last edited by AllDay27; 01/19/16 05:57 PM.
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #873001
01/19/16 06:32 PM
01/19/16 06:32 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Sonny mercurio Boston made guy was a top echlon informant. He gave up the induction ceremony. When everyone was indicted he wasn't and disappeard then got indicted on drugs but took off for years. He wasn't exposed as a rat till the Steve flemmi trial. He died in witsec and regretted ever becoming a rat. He died alone in little rock he had a big family in Boston.

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #873047
01/20/16 08:55 AM
01/20/16 08:55 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
How about Whitey Bulger?

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Philip_Lombardo] #873060
01/20/16 11:17 AM
01/20/16 11:17 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Quote:
How about Whitey Bulger?

Bulger ratted on the mob thanks to his fbi friends he fucked the Patriarcas and helped the feds to bags the angiulo office in the 80s, when in 1994 his cover ended up he escaped for don't go in jail.
Its really different.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 01/20/16 11:18 AM.
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: gangstereport] #873064
01/20/16 11:37 AM
01/20/16 11:37 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
the feds killed willie boy and battista was smart enough to run. I think battistia was a hjacker and started informing for money similar to willie boy but willie boy was dealing drugs

Why would the feds kill their former source into the Gambinos. Willie Boy never had a falling out with the feds, their relationship was always amicable, it was Giacalone who ended that relationship after ousting Willie Boy as federal informant. I think it's pretty widely known Willie Boy may have been killed by Tommy Pitera as a favor from Massino & The Bonannos to John Gotti.

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: gangstereport] #873086
01/20/16 05:44 PM
01/20/16 05:44 PM
South Jersey
S
ShotgunTheRifle Offline
Button
ShotgunTheRifle  Offline
S
Button
South Jersey

Can anyone confirm the Chickie story?

Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: SinatraClub] #873087
01/20/16 05:49 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub

Why would the feds kill their former source into the Gambinos. Willie Boy never had a falling out with the feds, their relationship was always amicable, it was Giacalone who ended that relationship after ousting Willie Boy as federal informant. I think it's pretty widely known Willie Boy may have been killed by Tommy Pitera as a favor from Massino & The Bonannos to John Gotti.

I meant the proscuter she fucked willie boy and battsia over Feds never forgave her they lost inside knowledge in the gotti crew

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: ShotgunTheRifle] #873088
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ShotgunTheRifle

Can anyone confirm the Chickie story?

Philip leonetti

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Has a guy ever agreed to inform then lambed it [Re: Beanshooter] #873205
01/21/16 05:59 PM
01/21/16 05:59 PM
Willenhall
Philip_Lombardo Offline OP
Underboss
Philip_Lombardo  Offline OP
Underboss