GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 111 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,301
Posts1,058,238
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17
Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? #869079
12/07/15 11:56 PM
12/07/15 11:56 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline OP
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline OP
Underboss
North Jersey
I remember George Anastasia stating about a year ago how Philly could have an internal war do to jail releases and the fact that 3 different factions had to get along and, divide the ever shrinking piece of the pie. I expected their to be fireworks in the papers but nothing :o( No stabbings, shootings, fighting, what gives?

Has philly resorted to the ways of the docile one?

Expected Philip Narducci to claim the top spot eventually.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869083
12/08/15 02:10 AM
12/08/15 02:10 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Nobody wants to go to prison. Better to make 50k on the streets than die in prison

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869085
12/08/15 09:01 AM
12/08/15 09:01 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Isn't the 80s the men that get long prison terms for the scarfo thrist of blood,understand that they will have a share of the pie for his loyality, so better count the money that the bulletts.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869086
12/08/15 09:57 AM
12/08/15 09:57 AM
NY
B
blacksheep Offline
Underboss
blacksheep  Offline
B
Underboss
NY
Maybe the money they pull in isn't really worth dying for.

Make that coffee to go
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: blacksheep] #869087
12/08/15 10:33 AM
12/08/15 10:33 AM
ralphie_cifaretto Offline
Underboss
ralphie_cifaretto  Offline
Underboss
Philly is pretty much done. All they have left is a couple books and maybe a little bit of loan sharking. No one is going to war over it. The feds may try to indict Joey for some old crimes, but it will take years to build and by that time no one is gonna care.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869094
12/08/15 12:03 PM
12/08/15 12:03 PM
TRI STATE
STREETBOSS Offline
Associate
STREETBOSS  Offline
Associate
TRI STATE
Just Like Unc Always Would Say Make Money Not Headlines.!!!!! Listen Phil N will not be taken the top spot anytime soon.. You have Chickie C. Hes the Oldest of all of them so if anything Its his Spot by rights.. So Look Out Philly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET DOWN OR LAY DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869099
12/08/15 01:04 PM
12/08/15 01:04 PM
where I'm at.
F
Franky5Angelz Offline
Wiseguy
Franky5Angelz  Offline
F
Wiseguy
where I'm at.
theres no way it will stay quiet for too long. eventually someone will get robbed or there will be a beef over money. its inevitable in south philly. theres just not enough $ for everybody. even still these guys haven't come this far to broker compromises and divi up street $. you can't tell me all parties involved haven't ran this very scenerio in there heads and amongst confidants and cohorts. they've all had pleanty of time to think on it.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869109
12/08/15 02:33 PM
12/08/15 02:33 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Chickie Chang IS NOT going to be boss, not in this day and age. He's 80+ years old..The days of the old guys reigning supreme as boss are over and have been since the 80's. If you notice guys took the reigns around the ages of 50-65, when you look at Philly. That stopped once Nicky Scarfo came along. Then Joey Merlino. It's been that way in most of the other places as well, with rare exceptions. I even doubt if Chickie wants that title. He's perfectly fine with his acting UB position, in which he just mostly aides his son, Johnny who handles the daily activity of an actual underboss.

As others have mentioned though, odds are the money isn't worth fighting over. Considering you hear stories of guys like George Borgesi, who was upset of his lack of earning and business opportunities, who was said to be raising a fuss about it. Instead of it going to the streets, or the "mattresses". He simply got his own group of guys around him and is loansharking and booking for union guys. And there hasn't been word of anybody being forced to kick up anything. They're all scraping the bottom of the barrel, so why go to war over that, with no real gain at stake?

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869114
12/08/15 03:19 PM
12/08/15 03:19 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Bodies are going to drop in Philly! lol

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: SinatraClub] #869117
12/08/15 03:49 PM
12/08/15 03:49 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
He's perfectly fine with his acting UB position, in which he just mostly aides his son, Johnny who handles the daily activity of an actual underboss.

Are you by any chance close to the Changs? How would you know if he's fine with that position? Assuming he even has that position. I love it when posters around here can actually understand the current feelings of alleged underbosses lol. Maybe he only took it because they wanted him to have it. Do you realize how sad Philly has become? We might as well talk about them in the past tense. The only reason we're not seeing any fights or shootings is because there's nothing left. What are you gonna fight over? A book? smh

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #869118
12/08/15 04:01 PM
12/08/15 04:01 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: ralphie_cifaretto
He's perfectly fine with his acting UB position, in which he just mostly aides his son, Johnny who handles the daily activity of an actual underboss.

Are you by any chance close to the Changs? How would you know if he's fine with that position? Assuming he even has that position. I love it when posters around here can actually understand the current feelings of alleged underbosses lol. Maybe he only took it because they wanted him to have it. Do you realize how sad Philly has become? We might as well talk about them in the past tense. The only reason we're not seeing any fights or shootings is because there's nothing left. What are you gonna fight over? A book? smh

Pretty sure that's what I just said. And no, I'm not close to the Changs or anyone else in Philadelphia. But when the likes of George Anastasia reports that 80+ year old Chickie was given the UB spot in NAME only, simply because of his years as a stand up guy, and that is in turn co-signed by other mob reporters who deal with Philadelphia, and you have yet to hear otherwise from the Philly natives on here, or any reporter stating different, that's pretty much all you can go on.

He's an advisor, that's it. The guys 80+ years old, again, you're telling me he desires a boss position, for what? What would be the benefits of that for him? Other than a target on his back?

I love it when some noob signs up with Soprano character's name and thinks he's more in the know than anyone else. All we have to go on are FBI reports and news articles. News articles state Chickie is comfortable where he is.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/08/15 04:02 PM.
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: SinatraClub] #869121
12/08/15 04:09 PM
12/08/15 04:09 PM
Underboss
Underboss

Pretty sure that's what I just said. And no, I'm not close to the Changs or anyone else in Philadelphia. But when the likes of George Anastasia reports that 80+ year old Chickie was given the UB spot in NAME only, simply because of his years as a stand up guy, and that is in turn co-signed by other mob reporters who deal with Philadelphia, and you have yet to hear otherwise from the Philly natives on here, or any reporter stating different, that's pretty much all you can go on.

He's an advisor, that's it. The guys 80+ years old, again, you're telling me he desires a boss position, for what? What would be the benefits of that for him? Other than a target on his back?

I love it when some noob signs up with Soprano character's name and thinks he's more in the know than anyone else. All we have to go on are FBI reports and news articles. News articles state Chickie is comfortable where he is.

When did I claim to know more than anyone else? I'm not the one who claims to know the mindstate of Chickie Chang.

And when did I say Chickie wanted the boss position? You sound like you have a head problem. Wanna keep assuming about what other people think?

I ain't no noob my friend.

As far as my name goes, didn't you name yourself after a rat's book? Good luck with that. Smh

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869122
12/08/15 04:30 PM
12/08/15 04:30 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
You shouldn't be shaking your head so much. Your hairpiece may fall off.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869123
12/08/15 04:37 PM
12/08/15 04:37 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
true the philly mob is really a bookmaking and loansahrking operation but it is still making money 2011 indicments showed that and the borgta indicment in 2007 showed decent bit of money.

There is also 30+made guys on the streets and mob reporters and FBI still go after them so i would not say they are dead

why are they not fighting?

well from what i read i am not claiming to know anything other than what i read but alot of guys dont get on and if not for steve mazzone there would be bodies on the streets.

Also who is going to fight for the top?

joey and those guys are running things the scarfo guys did 25 years they are in there 50s prob enjoying there freedom why would they want to risk going back to prison honestly and they are already making money philip is doing very well since he got out.

why would philip get the top spot is that from leonettis book a guy who has not spoken to any of these guys in 30 years why and how would philip get the top spot joey and all those guys he would have to fight plus most of the scarfo guys he does not get along with i dont think he would be able to do it but someone on other site not saying it is fact but said he was close with the 10th and oregon gang

at the end of the day when there is no more mob reports or FBI updates or indictments then there is no philly mob until then i will believe what i read

i think when joey and all those guys get hit with the rico and they will it might be a few years but the feds will get him they were embarrassed last time they wont let that happen again and this time for life that will be the beginning of the end

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869124
12/08/15 04:39 PM
12/08/15 04:39 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
also stop having a go at over people and dont state facts if you have nothing to back anything up for example i always say the Detroit mob is an active family because of scott etc others who are very knowledgeable some know more than me disagree

i respect there opinions and i offer up reasons for why i believe what i do dont just state something with nothing to back up what your saying

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #869125
12/08/15 05:11 PM
12/08/15 05:11 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

When did I claim to know more than anyone else? I'm not the one who claims to know the mindstate of Chickie Chang.

And when did I say Chickie wanted the boss position? You sound like you have a head problem. Wanna keep assuming about what other people think?

I ain't no noob my friend.

As far as my name goes, didn't you name yourself after a rat's book? Good luck with that. Smh

Yet, you just tried to claim what I was saying about Chickie, and him being comfortable with his current position was unfounded...Lol, okay.

Fact is, FBI reports and news articles claim him to be UB in title only, a position which they claim, he's happy with because he deals mostly with his son only. Recent articles have him attempting to bridge the gap between the Merlino & Borgesi, simply by giving suggestions. Until they report otherwise, or report that he has some newfound desire to run things, maybe you'll have a point.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/08/15 05:12 PM.
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: SinatraClub] #869126
12/08/15 05:43 PM
12/08/15 05:43 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Fact is, FBI reports and news articles claim him to be UB in title only, a position which they claim, he's happy with because he deals mostly with his son only. Recent articles have him attempting to bridge the gap between the Merlino & Borgesi, simply by giving suggestions. Until they report otherwise, or report that he has some newfound desire to run things, maybe you'll have a point.

Even if someone did report that he was happy with his position then that sill leaves a lot of questions. I find it amazing that you can read a report about someone's state of mind and then run with it like it's gospel. What do you do when posters with "inside" knowledge tell you something? Sal Polisi's lack of credibility doesn't bother you? Maybe we should take those "reports" with a grain of salt, instead of passing them off as facts.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869127
12/08/15 05:44 PM
12/08/15 05:44 PM
P
padrone Offline
Made Member
padrone  Offline
P
Made Member
I am no expert but I do live in Philly and it is funny that people think that it is dead. Even if it is a gambling operation at this point it is pretty lucrative otherwise the Genovese would not have conspired to have the leadership killed and put puppets in place before Merlino and Co went away. Again, I can't remember which family from NY had a wire room in South Philly and Uncle Joe reached out to the Gambinos for assistance. The pie is not as large as it once was but there is plenty of activity. I think the more knowledgeable posters from Philly could help explain like VegasMikey, Serp or Stevie. But anyone with any connection to South Philly knows these guys operate.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869129
12/08/15 05:47 PM
12/08/15 05:47 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Sinatra,
You have no idea if Chickie has no desire to be boss and to come and out categorically state he wont be and has no desire to be is simply wrong.

Moreso when you're called out about it you insult the guy who called you out. Cifaretto never said Chickie had desires to be boss, you're the only one who stated his intentions. You then call the guy a noob and insult his moniker.

Put simply, you're wrong on all counts here.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 12/08/15 05:47 PM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #869131
12/08/15 05:54 PM
12/08/15 05:54 PM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Sinatra,
You have no idea if Chickie has no desire to be boss and to come and out categorically state he wont be and has no desire to be is simply wrong.

Moreso when you're called out about it you insult the guy who called you out. Cifaretto never said Chickie had desires to be boss, you're the only one who stated his intentions. You then call the guy a noob and insult his moniker.

Well said, my friend. I was a little surprised when he decided to resort to petty insults, but I guess some people feel it helps their argument.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869151
12/08/15 10:16 PM
12/08/15 10:16 PM
I
italy100 Offline
Button
italy100  Offline
I
Button
The restuarant business is more profitable then bookmaking these days. You dont go to jail for running a profitable restuarant either so it is a good deal all around. Too bad some people didnt figure this out 25 years ago. These guys are still as dangerous as ever though would not want to cross them they are still capable of violence.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #869159
12/09/15 12:12 AM
12/09/15 12:12 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
Sinatra,

Read the articles, read the reports. I'm not stating he has no desire to be boss, the articles and reports do, and like I said, I doubt he even wants the spot, which means in my opinion, based off of those articles and my knowledge of Philly LCN in the past and where it is now, as incomplete as that current knowledge may be. And just look at the landscape, what mobster do you know in the past 30 years who came home, whether it was Philadelphia or elsewhere, where he was 80+ years old, fresh out of prison and appointed boss? He was given the spot he has for a reason. In fact, just to put an end to this, from guys like George Anastasia & Scott Burnstein there was speculation that Chickie would be named Acting Boss when he came home, out of respect. He wasn't. He got his sons position, in name only. Now if it was speculated by the likes of those guys that he would've been named acting boss out of respect, and it turns out he got his son's spot, in title. Doesn't that say he didn't want the position?

He's an advisor, all the articles have stated that he and those around him are comfortable with where he is now.

"Insulted" please. I simply used his exact analogy that he used when trying to tell me I'm wrong for stating the obvious. And you can't tell me I'm wrong for stating the obvious either. When there's an article, FBI report, a member who for a fact states Chickie Ciangalini is boss of the Philadelphia LCN, come back and say "I told you so.." prove me wrong. Until then, I don't know what to tell you, buddy.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/09/15 12:28 AM.
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ralphie_cifaretto] #869160
12/09/15 12:14 AM
12/09/15 12:14 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss

Even if someone did report that he was happy with his position then that sill leaves a lot of questions. I find it amazing that you can read a report about someone's state of mind and then run with it like it's gospel. What do you do when posters with "inside" knowledge tell you something? Sal Polisi's lack of credibility doesn't bother you? Maybe we should take those "reports" with a grain of salt, instead of passing them off as facts.

Read my posts, what I said was when you read reports and articles, and the Philly natives on this forum and others like it, co-sign that information, odd's are thats the way it is, NOT JUST the articles. Nobody Chickie Chang wants to be boss. NOBODY is saying that he's in the running. NOBODY. The evidence just isn't there.

Nobody insulted you, like I said, I used the same exact analogy you used when you stated "I love it when guys assume yada yada yada..." I'm not assuming anything, people on this forum will tell I contribute a lot with these discussions. Especially Philly, I'm not from there, nor I have ever claimed to be. But I read, I research things and use some of that in what I say on here, if someone from Philly who actually knows these guys tells me I'm wrong, I'm always the first to accept it. This isn't coming out of nowhere, he's been home for about a year and a half, and there's nothing out there, from natives on here, or Anastasia or any other writer, or the feds themselves, that Chickie Chang is going to be boss in the near future or at all. Nothing. Ask Serp, HandsomeStevie, NickyWhip, any of them, don't take my word for it, if it's clearly so troubling for you that I say Chickie Chang becoming boss is unlikely, very unlikely. Maybe one of their words would do better for you.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 12/09/15 12:20 AM.
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869167
12/09/15 04:09 AM
12/09/15 04:09 AM
Baltimore
HandsomeStevie Offline
Underboss
HandsomeStevie  Offline
Underboss
Baltimore
Chickie Chang becoming boss is NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! Period.

Death Before Dishonor
Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: SinatraClub] #869169
12/09/15 09:07 AM
12/09/15 09:07 AM
Underboss
Underboss

Read my posts, what I said was when you read reports and articles, and the Philly natives on this forum and others like it, co-sign that information, odd's are thats the way it is, NOT JUST the articles. Nobody Chickie Chang wants to be boss. NOBODY is saying that he's in the running. NOBODY. The evidence just isn't there.

Nobody insulted you, like I said, I used the same exact analogy you used when you stated "I love it when guys assume yada yada yada..." I'm not assuming anything, people on this forum will tell I contribute a lot with these discussions. Especially Philly, I'm not from there, nor I have ever claimed to be. But I read, I research things and use some of that in what I say on here, if someone from Philly who actually knows these guys tells me I'm wrong, I'm always the first to accept it. This isn't coming out of nowhere, he's been home for about a year and a half, and there's nothing out there, from natives on here, or Anastasia or any other writer, or the feds themselves, that Chickie Chang is going to be boss in the near future or at all. Nothing. Ask Serp, HandsomeStevie, NickyWhip, any of them, don't take my word for it, if it's clearly so troubling for you that I say Chickie Chang becoming boss is unlikely, very unlikely. Maybe one of their words would do better for you.

I find it hilarious that you think that I think Chickie will become boss someday. I've never said it or even hinted that. So, you not only claim to know the mindset of Chickie Chang, you claim to know the mindset of other posters, myself lol. You got called out because you have no idea what you're talking about, not because I or anyone else believe some neanderthal who spent over 30 years incarcerated and can hardly walk will become boss. You wanna tell me what I think about the future of the Gambino family? I'd love to hear this.

Then you are so insecure that you feel the need to tell me you 'contribute' a lot. You got called out because you were wrong. If I were you, I'd swallow my pride and try to have a little more respect for my fellow man next time. I never called you names and I never passed off something I could never be sure of as a fact. Your arrogance has messed you up bad. I can't help but wonder how old you are.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: HandsomeStevie] #869170
12/09/15 09:21 AM
12/09/15 09:21 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
Chickie Chang becoming boss is NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! Period.

I would be astounded if that ever happened. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the claim that he's the underboss, and a 'happy' underboss lol.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869172
12/09/15 10:08 AM
12/09/15 10:08 AM
North Jersey
Underboss
Underboss
North Jersey
Thanks for the responses.....There may not be a war in philly but I think I hit on a warring topic.

Are there even 3 factions within like Anastasia said? If war was to break out, which faction would reign supreme? Does anyone in philly's administration have any connection to NY in 2015 or, are they all alone since the Natale/Merlino vs. Stanfa days?

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869194
12/09/15 01:49 PM
12/09/15 01:49 PM
A
Ant2000 Offline
Wiseguy
Ant2000  Offline
A
Wiseguy
If these guys have smartened up some, there will be no war. Just concentrate on making money not headlines.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #869208
12/09/15 03:47 PM
12/09/15 03:47 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
http://aboutthemafia.com/tag/phil-narducci

Philly Mafia remains splintered but adds some new blood

The Philadelphia mafia remains at least by traditional mob standards to be a dysfunctional family as various factions try and coexist on the streets. According to sources this hasn’t stopped the Philly mob from adding to its ranks with a recent making ceremony led by alleged boss Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino. At least three new members were inducted into themafia in Philadelphia, according to sources one of which was somehow related to Phil Narducci. With the current instability within the family the move to induct one of Narducci’s guys seems to be a sort of good will gesture to keep things peaceful. Even with the addition of some new blood the family remains fractured into various factions representing two different eras of the crime family’s history according to Scott Burnstein and his Gangsterreport.

The Scrafo era mobsters from the 1980’s are separated into two faction, one led by Phil Narducci and another by Joseph “Joey Pung” Pungitore. The Merlino faction from the 90’s which was once whole has now been split into two camps, one backing alleged family boss Joey Merlino and another backing former Merlino consigliereGeorge Borgesi. Recent tensions between Borgesi and former underboss Marty Angelina caused a break in the Merlino faction according to reports. Sources confirm that Merlino tried to mediate the dispute unsuccessfully among the childhood friends after Borgesi requested permission to kill Angelina for moving in on his rackets while he was in prison. Borgesi is believed to now be establishing a power base mostly backed by non-made guys outside of South Philly.

Things remain quiet overall as the factions have peacefully co-existed so far with acting boss Steven Mazzoneas a sort of intermediary between the key players in Merlino and Narducci who have never seen eye to eye. The feds maintain that Merlino is currently the official boss of the family with Mazzone serving as acting boss handling day to day operations whileJohn “Johnny Chang” Ciancagliniserves as underboss. Former acting boss Joseph Ligambi and veteran mobster Joseph “Chickie” Ciangcaglini both serve as dual consigliere’s. Although it seems with the various factions that have developed the Philly mafia may not be fully functioning along the lines of the traditional mafia structure.

Merlino remains in Florida, where he has lived since his release from prison in 2011 but has made several trips back to Philadelphia and the Jersey Shore in the last few months now that he is off parole and has no limitations. Although some believe he is being influenced by some of his key people to spend more time in Philly overseeing things on the streets. It seems the mob in the City of Brotherly Love is a powder keg which could explode at any time and with the history of this Cosa Nostra family it would be a surprise to no one if things eventually became violent.

Re: Why is Philly so quiet, where is the war? [Re: furio_from_naples] #869210
12/09/15 05:01 PM
12/09/15 05:01 PM
North Jersey
Underboss
Underboss
North Jersey
Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
http://aboutthemafia.com/tag/phil-narducci

Philly Mafia remains splintered but adds some new blood

The Philadelphia mafia remains at least by traditional mob standards to be a dysfunctional family as various factions try and coexist on the streets. According to sources this hasn’t stopped the Philly mob from adding to its ranks with a recent making ceremony led by alleged boss Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino. At least three new members were inducted into themafia in Philadelphia, according to sources one of which was somehow related to Phil Narducci. With the current instability within the family the move to induct one of Narducci’s guys seems to be a sort of good will gesture to keep things peaceful. Even with the addition of some new blood the family remains fractured into various factions representing two different eras of the crime family’s history according to Scott Burnstein and his Gangsterreport.

The Scrafo era mobsters from the 1980’s are separated into two faction, one led by Phil Narducci and another by Joseph “Joey Pung” Pungitore. The Merlino faction from the 90’s which was once whole has now been split into two camps, one backing alleged family boss Joey Merlino and another backing former Merlino consigliereGeorge Borgesi. Recent tensions between Borgesi and former underboss Marty Angelina caused a break in the Merlino faction according to reports. Sources confirm that Merlino tried to mediate the dispute unsuccessfully among the childhood friends after Borgesi requested permission to kill Angelina for moving in on his rackets while he was in prison. Borgesi is believed to now be establishing a power base mostly backed by non-made guys outside of South Philly.

Things remain quiet overall as the factions have peacefully co-existed so far with acting boss Steven Mazzoneas a sort of intermediary between the key players in Merlino and Narducci who have never seen eye to eye. The feds maintain that Merlino is currently the official boss of the family with Mazzone serving as acting boss handling day to day operations whileJohn “Johnny Chang” Ciancagliniserves as underboss. Former acting boss Joseph Ligambi and veteran mobster Joseph “Chickie” Ciangcaglini both serve as dual consigliere’s. Although it seems with the various factions that have developed the Philly mafia may not be fully functioning along the lines of the traditional mafia structure.

Merlino remains in Florida, where he has lived since his release from prison in 2011 but has made several trips back to Philadelphia and the Jersey Shore in the last few months now that he is off parole and has no limitations. Although some believe he is being influenced by some of his key people to spend more time in Philly overseeing things on the streets. It seems the mob in the City of Brotherly Love is a powder keg which could explode at any time and with the history of this Cosa Nostra family it would be a surprise to no one if things eventually became violent.

Wow, 4 factions! Thanks Furio!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull