GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 201 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,415
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,505
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,302
Posts1,058,256
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? #868656
12/03/15 12:46 AM
12/03/15 12:46 AM
MrWilliams Offline OP
Button
MrWilliams  Offline OP
Button
I was reading a really interesting thread on here a while back on the possible recent LCN ties of unions in the Chicagoland area. I also saw a similar one about present-day connections between the mob and labor in the NYC/Boston area too.

I was wondering if any unions in the Detroit area(or nearby cities like Cleveland/Toledo) still maintain maintain ties to the LCN?

Last edited by MrWilliams; 12/03/15 12:47 AM.
Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: MrWilliams] #868659
12/03/15 01:36 AM
12/03/15 01:36 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

There's not much evidence of ties between local unions and what's left of the mob in Detroit. Aside from whatever legitimate businesses interests they have, the family is mainly a blue-collar operation involved in gambling.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: IvyLeague] #868668
12/03/15 04:04 AM
12/03/15 04:04 AM
C
carminezazzi Offline
Button
carminezazzi  Offline
C
Button
why do you say whats left?, how do you know theyre not a huge force? theyve avoided so many convictions, they have had only 1 snitch in their history. Also they are connected by blood and are very sneaky with killing people who have wronged them.

Do you rate the power of mob familes by how much media attention they get?, im not biting at you just alittle confused.

From what ive read the detroit partnership is much more successful than philly or new england.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: carminezazzi] #868672
12/03/15 04:55 AM
12/03/15 04:55 AM
Illinois
F_white Offline
Underboss
F_white  Offline
Underboss
Illinois
Originally Posted By: carminezazzi
why do you say whats left?, how do you know theyre not a huge force? theyve avoided so many convictions, they have had only 1 snitch in their history. Also they are connected by blood and are very sneaky with killing people who have wronged them.

Do you rate the power of mob familes by how much media attention they get?, im not biting at you just alittle confused.

From what ive read the detroit partnership is much more successful than philly or new england.
Opening than door.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: F_white] #868678
12/03/15 05:26 AM
C
carminezazzi Offline
Button
carminezazzi  Offline
C
Button
which door?

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: carminezazzi] #868679
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

From what you've read? Read from who? Where?

There are people who don't want to believe it but the clearest sign of a mob family's state - especially over the long term - is indictments. How much of a priority they are for law enforcement. It's not just a coincidence that New York has so many cases, much less so in Boston or Philly, and none in Denver or San Jose.

There's a picture that's been painted of the Detroit mob on these forums in recent years - a sleek, quiet, family who, unlike every other family still around, has somehow managed to stay under the fed's radar. A very hierarchical family with 50 members or more, active in multiple states, and involved in everything including a big chunk of the Detroit drug trade.

Anyone who looks at the evidence objectively can see this is all false. A bunch of hooey.

I say "whats left of the Detroit mob" because mob experts don't agree whether it still rates as a viable family. And even if one wants to include them on the list of 9 or 10 remaining, they would be dead last. 30 members cited in both the mid-1990's during the GamTax case and again in 2001. Since then several have died. And even if the family has made new members in recent years, there's no way they've been able to keep up with those who have died

Look at the cases involving the Detroit mob. What few there are. The last significant one, by Detroit standards anyway, was nearly a decade ago now in 2006. And it was basically a bookmaking and loansharking case.

There have been far more mob cases in both New England and Philadelphia over the same time frame. Those families are not only more active, they are larger too. Probably at least twice the size of Detroit's remaining membership.

If you believe the Detroit mob is a huge force today, I have a bridge to sell you.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/03/15 05:28 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: IvyLeague] #868717
12/03/15 02:40 PM
12/03/15 02:40 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

From what you've read? Read from who? Where?

There are people who don't want to believe it but the clearest sign of a mob family's state - especially over the long term - is indictments. How much of a priority they are for law enforcement. It's not just a coincidence that New York has so many cases, much less so in Boston or Philly, and none in Denver or San Jose.

There's a picture that's been painted of the Detroit mob on these forums in recent years - a sleek, quiet, family who, unlike every other family still around, has somehow managed to stay under the fed's radar. A very hierarchical family with 50 members or more, active in multiple states, and involved in everything including a big chunk of the Detroit drug trade.

Anyone who looks at the evidence objectively can see this is all false. A bunch of hooey.

I say "whats left of the Detroit mob" because mob experts don't agree whether it still rates as a viable family. And even if one wants to include them on the list of 9 or 10 remaining, they would be dead last. 30 members cited in both the mid-1990's during the GamTax case and again in 2001. Since then several have died. And even if the family has made new members in recent years, there's no way they've been able to keep up with those who have died

Look at the cases involving the Detroit mob. What few there are. The last significant one, by Detroit standards anyway, was nearly a decade ago now in 2006. And it was basically a bookmaking and loansharking case.

There have been far more mob cases in both New England and Philadelphia over the same time frame. Those families are not only more active, they are larger too. Probably at least twice the size of Detroit's remaining membership.

If you believe the Detroit mob is a huge force today, I have a bridge to sell you.

ivy you have forgotten about the D`anna brothers who got indicted in 2011 for that restaurant assault and there was in 2013 guys with ties to peter tocco busted the leading guy a irsih guy in the indictment was also indicted with jackie the kid and peter tocco in 2006

alot of rich guys tony lapiana sold his medical company for 50mil last year
but your right is years past its best no union involvement

50 made guys? where have you heard that? i heard it was like 20-30 active made guys. Your all forgetting that the family has been nothing more than a bookmaking operation since the 90s

Last edited by gangstereport; 12/03/15 02:41 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: gangstereport] #868722
12/03/15 03:26 PM
12/03/15 03:26 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: gangstereport

ivy you have forgotten about the D`anna brothers who got indicted in 2011 for that restaurant assault and there was in 2013 guys with ties to peter tocco busted the leading guy a irsih guy in the indictment was also indicted with jackie the kid and peter tocco in 2006

No, I haven't forgotten about the D'Anna brothers case. But if you want to argue that was a significant bust, that will just prove my point about the state of the Detroit mob.

I'm also aware of the bookmaking bust involving Thomas "Tommy the Lackey" Mackey and several others. It was your typical gambling case and didn't even involve any Detroit members, just associates. But that does go to my point about the family mainly being a gambling operation at this point.

Quote:

Notice I didn't say "no involvement." And I had a feeling someone was going to come back and be like, "Wait...wait...what about Lapiana???" Yes, the guy made a lot of money from selling his company that serviced unions. And I have no doubt he kicked some of that money up to certain people. But look at the Detroit family as a whole and the lack of labor racketeering cases. There just isn't much left to speak of.

Quote:
50 made guys? where have you heard that? i heard it was like 20-30 active made guys. Your all forgetting that the family has been nothing more than a bookmaking operation since the 90s

You know Scott - the guy who runs the blog you took your name after? His charts on the forums over the years have shown anywhere from 30 to nearly 60 made members. Only later did he admit he didn't differentiate between members and associates in them, even though one would think he would. But he has said he believes the family has 40 to 50 members. Never mind the fact that he cited 25 in his Motor City Mafia book.

20-30 active members? Doubtful. If we're talking total members, maybe. But even that may be a stretch considering how many have died. It was 30 total back in 2001. A lot of guys have died since then and there's no way the family could keep up with the number of deceased if they even are making new members.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: IvyLeague] #868725
12/03/15 04:49 PM
12/03/15 04:49 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss

No, I haven't forgotten about the D'Anna brothers case. But if you want to argue that was a significant bust, that will just prove my point about the state of the Detroit mob.

I'm also aware of the bookmaking bust involving Thomas "Tommy the Lackey" Mackey and several others. It was your typical gambling case and didn't even involve any Detroit members, just associates. But that does go to my point about the family mainly being a gambling operation at this point.

Quote:

Notice I didn't say "no involvement." And I had a feeling someone was going to come back and be like, "Wait...wait...what about Lapiana???" Yes, the guy made a lot of money from selling his company that serviced unions. And I have no doubt he kicked some of that money up to certain people. But look at the Detroit family as a whole and the lack of labor racketeering cases. There just isn't much left to speak of.

Quote:

You know Scott - the guy who runs the blog you took your name after? His charts on the forums over the years have shown anywhere from 30 to nearly 60 made members. Only later did he admit he didn't differentiate between members and associates in them, even though one would think he would. But he has said he believes the family has 40 to 50 members. Never mind the fact that he cited 25 in his Motor City Mafia book.

20-30 active members? Doubtful. If we're talking total members, maybe. But even that may be a stretch considering how many have died. It was 30 total back in 2001. A lot of guys have died since then and there's no way the family could keep up with the number of deceased if they even are making new members.

from what i have read of scott i have not seen him say 40-60 made guys before not once not denying it but i would be surprised as i have never seen that

i said 25 because of his book motor city

i dont think its an exaggeration scott has named four capos well even if there crews are small they would have 3-6 made guys in there crews and the detroit mob is scotts expertise

plus in recent articles he has even said that the mob is weakening he said the ruggerio brothers crew is now inactive he said in another that the inner circle is getting smaller due to lack of guys

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: MrWilliams] #868727
12/03/15 05:32 PM
12/03/15 05:32 PM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
The Detroit family have only 30 made men related by blood or marriage;the only rat nove tocco was in 2000. The family is stable but only a big gambling ring.
Stable don't Means necessary strong for example the genovese had 6 rats but is the strong of the 5 families.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: gangstereport] #868731
12/03/15 06:08 PM
12/03/15 06:08 PM
New Jersey
Dellacroce Offline
Underboss
Dellacroce  Offline
Underboss
New Jersey

Quote:

Quote:

from what i have read of scott i have not seen him say 40-60 made guys before not once not denying it but i would be surprised as i have never seen that

i dont think its an exaggeration scott has named four capos well even if there crews are small they would have 3-6 made guys in there crews and the detroit mob is scotts expertise

plus in recent articles he has even said that the mob is weakening he said the ruggerio brothers crew is now inactive he said in another that the inner circle is getting smaller due to lack of guys

That last chart that came from scott that got circulated, i think its been like a year or two, there was upwards of 50 members on it, there was almost 10 guys in the administration alone for Christ's sake. Im also dubious of these Danna brothers, i mean they were indicted as associates originally more was made of their sicilian connections than their detroit status. Then when the feds took over the case they were still described as associates. Now just a year or so later scott says theyre both made guys and ones even a captain. Obviously i dont know the truth but as i said, its a little dubious.

"Let me tell you something. There's no nobility in poverty. I've been a poor man, and I've been a rich man. And I choose rich every fucking time."

-Jordan Belfort
Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: Dellacroce] #868737
12/03/15 07:04 PM
12/03/15 07:04 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dellacroce

Quote:

Quote:

That last chart that came from scott that got circulated, i think its been like a year or two, there was upwards of 50 members on it, there was almost 10 guys in the administration alone for Christ's sake. Im also dubious of these Danna brothers, i mean they were indicted as associates originally more was made of their sicilian connections than their detroit status. Then when the feds took over the case they were still described as associates. Now just a year or so later scott says theyre both made guys and ones even a captain. Obviously i dont know the truth but as i said, its a little dubious.

ihave not seen that chart before not saying it is not true

fair enough everyone has there own point of views i would disagree because scott B is the best and only source of detroit mob but its a discussion board so we are all going to have different opinions

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: gangstereport] #868749
12/03/15 10:15 PM
12/03/15 10:15 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Quote:

Quote:

If you want I could post the charts I'm talking about. Scott would put them on the RD forum on an almost annual basis.

So what if he's named 4 crews? It was 5 not too long ago. And his charts are always extremely hierarchical. Dellacroce isn't kidding. On his charts there's been a boss, street boss, underboss, consigliere, a few counselor emeritus, in addition to several captains. He's known for being quick to slap strang labels on guys and does so excessively.

I'm not saying Scott doesn't provide good info on Detroit and elsewhere. But a lot of problems started with him being rather sloppy with his charts. And his inflated figures really haven't matched other sources regarding how big the family is. Nor has the picture he's painted of how active the family is been supported by the amount of mob cases there over the past 15 years.

Getting back to my original point, if anyone has more examples of remaining labor interests the Detroit family has - especially now that Lapiana sold off his company - please provide them.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: MrWilliams] #868758
12/03/15 10:48 PM
12/03/15 10:48 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Gambling. FBI doesn't care anymore.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: mulberry] #868764
12/03/15 11:39 PM
12/03/15 11:39 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: mulberry
Gambling. FBI doesn't care anymore.

The thing is, Philly is basically a gambling operation at this point but they still have a good amount of busts.

So to argue that law enforcement ignores Detroit because it's mainly a gambling operation at this point doesn't really wash.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: MrWilliams] #868773
12/04/15 03:17 AM
12/04/15 03:17 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Philly also has plenty of murders and drug dealing. The FBI has better things to do than bust a bunch of bookies to get one year prison terms. That's what they will get unless there is violence involved.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: MrWilliams] #868783
12/04/15 08:30 AM
12/04/15 08:30 AM
naples,italy
furio_from_naples Offline
furio_from_naples  Offline

naples,italy
Philly is a full of life city plenty of italians while Detroit is dying city were the white are only the 40 % of the population and have Very little presente of italians so Detroit family turned to a ndrangheta like family were the made men had the same Surnames because are blood or marriage related.

Here are a 2008 charts look to Detroit and cancel from the list the men died,retired, in prison ecc and make the count of the soldi era

http://www.streetgangs.com/billboard/viewtopic.php?t=40078

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: MrWilliams] #868784
12/04/15 08:56 AM
12/04/15 08:56 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
What ever is left of Italian organized crime in Detroit if they could not make a ton on money from the automobile bailout during the first year of his presidency. They should all retire in shame.

only the unloved hate
Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: mulberry] #868854
12/05/15 12:17 AM
12/05/15 12:17 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Philly also has plenty of murders and drug dealing. The FBI has better things to do than bust a bunch of bookies to get one year prison terms. That's what they will get unless there is violence involved.

The Philly family doesn't have much involvement in the drug trade, relatively speaking, and there have been several mob cases there in recent years that didn't involve any murders.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: MrWilliams] #868861
12/05/15 03:41 AM
12/05/15 03:41 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Didn't Nicodemo recently plead guilty to murder?

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: mulberry] #868862
12/05/15 04:15 AM
12/05/15 04:15 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Yes, he did. But, as I said, there have been plenty of Philly mob cases that had nothing to do with any murders.

The point being, you don't see that many cases in Detroit because what's left of the mob there is nowhere near as big, active, or diversified as some believe it us. You have a few minor cases here and there but the last significant case (by Detroit standards anyway) was nearly 10 years ago. And the last REALLY significant case was nearly 20 years ago.

Re: Detroit Labor Unions Connected to the LCN? [Re: IvyLeague] #868908
12/05/15 08:08 PM
12/05/15 08:08 PM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss

Yes, he did. But, as I said, there have been plenty of Philly mob cases that had nothing to do with any murders.

The point being, you don't see that many cases in Detroit because what's left of the mob there is nowhere near as big, active, or diversified as some believe it us. You have a few minor cases here and there but the last significant case (by Detroit standards anyway) was nearly 10 years ago. And the last REALLY significant case was nearly 20 years ago.

That's was my point. All Detroit does is gamble, so the FBI doesn't care. Detroit could have 10 guys or 50 guys, if all they do is gamble, the FBI won't care unless the case falls into their laps. Philly is still killing people, so the FBI still goes after them. Even if all they do is gamble, when a body drops, it gets their attention.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull