GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (RushStreet, Malavita, 1 invisible), 313 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,519
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,970
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,513
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,351
Posts1,059,066
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The book zero zero zero by Michael Saviano #864912
10/28/15 01:42 PM
10/28/15 01:42 PM
A
Ant2000 Offline OP
Wiseguy
Ant2000  Offline OP
A
Wiseguy
Has anyone read the book zero zero zero by Michael Saviano? This is the follow up book to Ghomorrah. I am about half way done with it. The books takse you inside the drug world. The book goes into great detail between the relationships N'drangheta has with the Colombians and Mexicans cartels. Very interesting stuff. When there is a shipment going down they exchange people as collateral in case the transfer doesn't go down correctly. I'd hate to be one of the people who are essentially held hostage until the deal goes down. Your life is in the hands of your captors. The book details the N'drangheta's reach and they are almost everywhere in the world. Probably the most powerful organized crime group in the world. Although the Mexican Cartels generate far more violence and possibly make more money. They don't seem to have that reach just yet the world over and seem confined to South America at this time. Very interesting book for any organized crime watchers out there.

Re: The book zero zero zero by Michael Saviano [Re: Ant2000] #864976
10/28/15 11:20 PM
10/28/15 11:20 PM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
I've read it, (although I mostly skipped the quasi poetry parts lol) very interesting like you said.
Been trying to figure the exact state of their relationship with the New York families, and, indeed why this move was necessary when they were already huge all over the world.
Especially given the higher risk involved in the us, that Lupoi guy got 13 years I think, in Canada it would be like a third I think, so why bother with the US market, especially when there is the Mexican variable?
My theory is Mexico is becoming entrenched at the production level in Peru, I don't know if it's just Sinaloa or multiple Cartels but there have been reports of an increasing Mexican presence there...
Add to this Mexicans in Spain and well...
My whole understanding of the drug trade was recently thrown into the wind, (Alfa recommended the book The Big White Lie) cause this book says that a BOLIVIAN CARTEL ran by their government was actually the cocaine power of the 80s, bigger than the Colombian cartels, though outside of the movie Scarface, I never heard any of this in the media or anywhere.
Anyone else any thoughts? Any Canadian experts shed some light?

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull