GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 264 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,541
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 24,004
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,514
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,362
Posts1,059,284
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Most important gotti ally #863165
10/12/15 12:21 AM
10/12/15 12:21 AM
K
Krsheely Offline OP
Made Member
Krsheely  Offline OP
K
Made Member
Of all the gambino members that he recruited to murder pauL
Castallano and take over the family who was most crucial to the overall success of the plan?

Last edited by Krsheely; 10/12/15 12:21 AM.
Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863166
10/12/15 12:32 AM
10/12/15 12:32 AM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
Frank DeCicco.

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863167
10/12/15 01:47 AM
10/12/15 01:47 AM
Hamilton
Scalish Offline
Underboss
Scalish  Offline
Underboss
Hamilton
For sure DeCicco.

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863168
10/12/15 01:56 AM
10/12/15 01:56 AM
K
Krsheely Offline OP
Made Member
Krsheely  Offline OP
K
Made Member
Was joe piney involved from the start or did he jus go along once he saw which way the wind was blowing?

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863169
10/12/15 03:44 AM
10/12/15 03:44 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
He went along after Gotti declared himself boss. He had no choice. Gotti simply named him consigliere to extend an olive branch to the other pro-Castellano factions in the family, guys like Jimmy Brown, and others. And he quickly took him down in favor of DeCicco when he felt like he was safe from retribution within the family.

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863171
10/12/15 03:50 AM
10/12/15 03:50 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Funny irony; if Robert Dibernardo had a crew like DeCicco, he would not have been hit, as he was playing the role of DeCicco before they excluded him for not being a hitter...

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863174
10/12/15 04:16 AM
10/12/15 04:16 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
No, according to Sammy Joe Piney was along from day 1. He might not have played a part but he was consulted and asked to "bring over the old timers" once it was over with

Sammy said him and frank decicco spoke to him in person & he informed them Joe Gallo was made aware too. "He doesn't want no part but will go along with it".

Sammy & franker proceeded to ask Piney what happens if Gallo tips off Paulie? piney tells them "I'll kill him".

Sammy," that was good enough for us"

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863177
10/12/15 05:53 AM
10/12/15 05:53 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
Piney made underboss after DeCicco was killed right?

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863183
10/12/15 07:00 AM
10/12/15 07:00 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Yep, after Frank was blown up, that's when we had the "who is qualified to be underboss" & the allegation Dibee said," Angelo has the balls but not the brain"

Angelo and even Sammy wanted it but Gotti decided to pick an old timer in Piney

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863185
10/12/15 08:36 AM
10/12/15 08:36 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
never have been done without decicco in the plot

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863189
10/12/15 10:22 AM
10/12/15 10:22 AM
K
Krsheely Offline OP
Made Member
Krsheely  Offline OP
K
Made Member
I guess I didn't realize frank decicco was so powerful-influentiAl. A thought I had, did gotti then get lucky that frank d got killed so early into his reign? Or did frank have enough clout that he could have had gotti ear to help make better choices? Or would he eventually jus hit gotti?

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: SinatraClub] #863194
10/12/15 01:26 PM
10/12/15 01:26 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
He went along after Gotti declared himself boss. He had no choice. Gotti simply named him consigliere to extend an olive branch to the other pro-Castellano factions in the family, guys like Jimmy Brown, and others. And he quickly took him down in favor of DeCicco when he felt like he was safe from retribution within the family.

your getting mixed up. It was joe gallo who john named as consgliere as a olive branch when gotti whacked paul first thing he did before the capos meeting spoke to joe gallo who advised john to never admit they killed paul esp when talking to the other five families as they broke the commission rule and if they admit to it they are putting themselves at risk

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Tonytough] #863195
10/12/15 01:27 PM
10/12/15 01:27 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Tonytough
No, according to Sammy Joe Piney was along from day 1. He might not have played a part but he was consulted and asked to "bring over the old timers" once it was over with

Sammy said him and frank decicco spoke to him in person & he informed them Joe Gallo was made aware too. "He doesn't want no part but will go along with it".

Sammy & franker proceeded to ask Piney what happens if Gallo tips off Paulie? piney tells them "I'll kill him".

I've read the first statement. But the second I have never known about until now. Do you have a source for that? Was it in Sammy's testimony? Not saying I don't believe it, but just for reference purposes. The first statement just pretty much adds on to what I said I think, the guy had no choice. He was old, and was on his way out anyways, he wanted to retire. And with the young guard making it's move, he most likely realized that the old time ways were done and would never return. I don't think he would've gone to war with Gotti if he went against him, he didn't have the manpower or will at that point.

But I stand corrected. I got him mixed up with Joe Gallo.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 10/12/15 01:27 PM.
Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863196
10/12/15 01:31 PM
10/12/15 01:31 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Krsheely
I guess I didn't realize frank decicco was so powerful-influentiAl. A thought I had, did gotti then get lucky that frank d got killed so early into his reign? Or did frank have enough clout that he could have had gotti ear to help make better choices? Or would he eventually jus hit gotti?

frank decicco was one of the most respected guys paul made a big mistake when he was choosing his acting bosses should have put decicco as acting boss or underboss guys would listen to frank.

Frank said once to sammy if john is a bad boss him and sammy would kill him and that he could be johns underboss but john could never be his underboss

but saying that i dont think frank would ever try anything because frank and john were close before paul i mean frank used to go to the bergin sometimes the ravainite as well he used to meet john alot they were very good friends

the main plotters against paul who nicknamed themselves the fist were john gotti, angelo ruggeriao, sammy gravano, Robert DiBernado, frank decicco, joe piney and john carnleiga

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863200
10/12/15 02:10 PM
10/12/15 02:10 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Gangsterport, I have a couple of questions, why wasn't Bobby Boriello part of the fist? He was closed to John and a capable shooter. Was he killed like Eddie Lino because Gaspipe and the Chin thought he was in on Paul's hit? Is it possible Sammy the Bull didn't include him when he ratted to the Feds that he was involved>

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863202
10/12/15 02:33 PM
10/12/15 02:33 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
For being such good friends, DeCicco had no issue it seems with killing Gotti himself if things went bad. The killing Gotti comment was his own words, I have no reason to doubt that if he hadn't been killed, Gotti would've been dead, he was too public. DeCicco weren't fond it, neither was Sammy The Bull or a lot of Gambino members for that matter, as well as the rest of the families. DeCicco came from the "Bath Beach Mafia" group, whom pretty much all of the guys who came up under that umbrella, preferred the typical low-key, in the shadows, make money not headlines approach to LCN, which included Castellano, whom according to most sources DeCicco was extremely close to during the late 70s-early 80s. Castellano took DeCicco under his wing as his protege and placed him in the unions, allowing DeCicco to rise in power and funds, and his crew was one of the crews Paul really relied on, along with Nino Gaggi's Veterans Club guys, and the DeMeo crew. Somewhere along the lines that relationship changed. DeCicco would go to the Ravenite & Bergin to conduct business with Dellacroce & Fatico on behalf of Castellano, thats where he met Gotti and the two became close, he wasn't initially going to either place simply to see John Gotti.

And these are Franks own words in regards to Gotti, as said by Gravano, "John's fucking egos too big, I could be his underboss, but he couldn't be mine. Look, he's got balls, he's got brains, he's got charisma. If we can control him to stop the gambling and all his flamboyant bullshit, he could be a good boss. Sammy, I'll tell you what. We'll give him a shot. Let him be the boss. If it don't work within a year, me and you, we'll kill him. I'll become the boss and you'll be my underboss, and we'll run the family right."

This was right after Bilotti & Castellano were murdered, well into DeCicco & Gotti's "very good friendship". And he still spoke without hesitation of taking him out. Of course DeCicco wasn't even around for that long, but Gotti never quit his gambling, in fact he lost more money than he earned as boss because of his addiction, and he never quit the "flamboyant shit". Had DeCicco still been around, I have no doubt he would've hit Gotti.

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Beanshooter] #863206
10/12/15 03:08 PM
10/12/15 03:08 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Gangsterport, I have a couple of questions, why wasn't Bobby Boriello part of the fist? He was closed to John and a capable shooter. Was he killed like Eddie Lino because Gaspipe and the Chin thought he was in on Paul's hit? Is it possible Sammy the Bull didn't include him when he ratted to the Feds that he was involved>

to be honest i dont know i have heard from some infromers that he was one of the backup shooters. i know he did not pick gene because he did not want his own blood involved

if he was not picked (though i think he was there) it was prob he was too low down he only got made in 1988 they did not want to take risks but rampino was a back up shooter the guy was a junkie and was not made but then again he was a bergin crew member for a long time. Bobby only starterd assoaiting with gotti in the 80s gotti prob did not trust him enough

i dont even think sammy knew who most of the shooters were esp the back up shooters they were all johns guys the main shooters though i think sammy knew john carneliga etc

gaspipe had him whacked because it was a messgage to john because bobby was very close to john. For years everyone thought it was this guy in the westside some crazy guy who was stabbed to death in 2004 but it turns out he had nothing to do with the murder

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863208
10/12/15 03:11 PM
10/12/15 03:11 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Makes sense. thank you Gangstereport.

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: SinatraClub] #863212
10/12/15 03:15 PM
10/12/15 03:15 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
For being such good friends, DeCicco had no issue it seems with killing Gotti himself if things went bad. The killing Gotti comment was his own words, I have no reason to doubt that if he hadn't been killed, Gotti would've been dead, he was too public. DeCicco weren't fond it, neither was Sammy The Bull or a lot of Gambino members for that matter, as well as the rest of the families. DeCicco came from the "Bath Beach Mafia" group, whom pretty much all of the guys who came up under that umbrella, preferred the typical low-key, in the shadows, make money not headlines approach to LCN, which included Castellano, whom according to most sources DeCicco was extremely close to during the late 70s-early 80s. Castellano took DeCicco under his wing as his protege and placed him in the unions, allowing DeCicco to rise in power and funds, and his crew was one of the crews Paul really relied on, along with Nino Gaggi's Veterans Club guys, and the DeMeo crew. Somewhere along the lines that relationship changed. DeCicco would go to the Ravenite & Bergin to conduct business with Dellacroce & Fatico on behalf of Castellano, thats where he met Gotti and the two became close, he wasn't initially going to either place simply to see John Gotti.

And these are Franks own words in regards to Gotti, as said by Gravano, "John's fucking egos too big, I could be his underboss, but he couldn't be mine. Look, he's got balls, he's got brains, he's got charisma. If we can control him to stop the gambling and all his flamboyant bullshit, he could be a good boss. Sammy, I'll tell you what. We'll give him a shot. Let him be the boss. If it don't work within a year, me and you, we'll kill him. I'll become the boss and you'll be my underboss, and we'll run the family right."

This was right after Bilotti & Castellano were murdered, well into DeCicco & Gotti's "very good friendship". And he still spoke without hesitation of taking him out. Of course DeCicco wasn't even around for that long, but Gotti never quit his gambling, in fact he lost more money than he earned as boss because of his addiction, and he never quit the "flamboyant shit". Had DeCicco still been around, I have no doubt he would've hit Gotti.

that was sammys verison and i have heard this many times i dont know if frankie would take john out he was popluar among most of the capos at his time as boss i mean jimmy brown and danny m did not dislike john they just saw a chance to take over the family without doing anything. Fuck what sammy said because for awhile sammy loved john yes he "warned" john about the public attention but there is no denying that sammy was johns top guy very loyal. Nicky did not have enough power back then and he was just bitter over charles carnelgia (charles should have been whacked neil, john gotti and john carnleiga broke the rules letting charles live)

i respect your opinion on this but truthelly neither of us can predict what happened as the guy got blown up so we will never know its like if aplachin never happened or if paul picked decicco as his acting boss or if vic orena did not try a civil war or tony zerlli did not get pinched in the 70s etc we cant predict

it was those last four years paul really started to lose it

Last edited by gangstereport; 10/12/15 03:15 PM.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863218
10/12/15 04:09 PM
10/12/15 04:09 PM
M
mackinblack007 Offline
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline
M
Capo
The "we will just kill gotta, and run the family right" is bs in my opinion, just lies from a rat.

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863223
10/12/15 05:19 PM
10/12/15 05:19 PM
Larry's Bar
Giacomo_Vacari Offline
Underboss
Giacomo_Vacari  Offline
Underboss
Larry's Bar
Frank DeCicco and Joey Piney. Piney was giving them good info, neutralize Joe Gallo, and Anthony Scotto. It was ultimately Franks tip about the meeting at Sparks Steakhouse, the respect he got from the other Gambino members and the muscle he had, which kept the other members of the family at bay. Had Joe N Gallo not make the speech he made at the meeting of the Capos on electing a Boss, with DeCicco and Gravano standing right behind Gotti showing their support, I think there would have been in attempt on Gotti a few days later. Many of the members respected and trusted Dellacroce, the same can not be said for Gotti, and that is where both DeCicco and Piney came in. The Bergin Crew activities had come to light, and nothing had been done about it, even when Gotti became boss, not even a slap on the wrist.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green
Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Beanshooter] #863233
10/12/15 09:30 PM
10/12/15 09:30 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
bobby at that time was still with colombo

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: SinatraClub] #863234
10/12/15 09:33 PM
10/12/15 09:33 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
very well thought out,well said .only thing john and frank go way back they did an early bid together and got "brother" close

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863235
10/12/15 09:40 PM
10/12/15 09:40 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Bobby got made with Scars, and Junior In ' 88 for the Gambinos so he was around John when Paul was killed in Dec. 1985

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Krsheely] #863238
10/12/15 09:57 PM
10/12/15 09:57 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Didn't Domenic LoFaro also fingered Bobby as one of Paul's shooters?

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: SinatraClub] #863253
10/13/15 04:17 AM
10/13/15 04:17 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: Tonytough

I've read the first statement. But the second I have never known about until now. Do you have a source for that? Was it in Sammy's testimony? Not saying I don't believe it, but just for reference purposes. The first statement just pretty much adds on to what I said I think, the guy had no choice. He was old, and was on his way out anyways, he wanted to retire. And with the young guard making it's move, he most likely realized that the old time ways were done and would never return. I don't think he would've gone to war with Gotti if he went against him, he didn't have the manpower or will at that point.

But I stand corrected. I got him mixed up with Joe Gallo.

Hi SC, not sure if u still require the source or not, since there was some confusion on your part between Piney & Gallo

The incident I'm referring to when Sammy & Frank spoke to Piney (regarding Gallo) was in Sammy's book.

Last edited by Tonytough; 10/13/15 04:21 AM.
Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: gangstereport] #863254
10/13/15 04:24 AM
10/13/15 04:24 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter

to be honest i dont know i have heard from some infromers that he was one of the backup shooters. i know he did not pick gene because he did not want his own blood involved

if he was not picked (though i think he was there) it was prob he was too low down he only got made in 1988 they did not want to take risks but rampino was a back up shooter the guy was a junkie and was not made but then again he was a bergin crew member for a long time. Bobby only starterd assoaiting with gotti in the 80s gotti prob did not trust him enough

i dont even think sammy knew who most of the shooters were esp the back up shooters they were all johns guys the main shooters though i think sammy knew john carneliga etc

gaspipe had him whacked because it was a messgage to john because bobby was very close to john. For years everyone thought it was this guy in the westside some crazy guy who was stabbed to death in 2004 but it turns out he had nothing to do with the murder

Yeh in Scars testimony- he talked about Gotti jr having a sit down with Barney. They asked him to take care of Preston (guy bobby beat up) and wrongly pointed the finger at him

Barney ignored the request and scars says "we were very upset over that"

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: gangstereport] #863255
10/13/15 04:38 AM
10/13/15 04:38 AM
Uk
T
Tonytough Offline
ba da bing
Tonytough  Offline
ba da bing
T
Underboss
Uk
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
Originally Posted By: Krsheely

frank decicco was one of the most respected guys paul made a big mistake when he was choosing his acting bosses should have put decicco as acting boss or underboss guys would listen to frank.

Frank said once to sammy if john is a bad boss him and sammy would kill him and that he could be johns underboss but john could never be his underboss

but saying that i dont think frank would ever try anything because frank and john were close before paul i mean frank used to go to the bergin sometimes the ravainite as well he used to meet john alot they were very good friends

the main plotters against paul who nicknamed themselves the fist were john gotti, angelo ruggeriao, sammy gravano, Robert DiBernado, frank decicco, joe piney and john carnleiga

I agree. Sammy was just saying that to make himself look big "me & frank were going to kill Gotti down the line"

Frankie & Sammy needed Gotti as much as he needed them. For argument sake, if they killed Gotti there would be a war. Like Sammy says in his interview," I got a list, 10,12 guys I would have to kill (to get away with it), his brother Gene who I liked very much. The thought of killing his son sickened me."

Sammy then realised it was a lose lose scenario and even IF frank was alive, they wouldn't get away with it. Everyone talks about how much Frank was respected BUT that didn't stop him getting blown into oblivion. His betrayal of Paul, he would only have Sammy's crew, his uncle Georgia for support. Marino, Faila & Johnny G all viewed him as a traitor and would never be happy to answer to him as boss (especially if Frank Sam were in a war vs Bergin crew). The chin would never accept Frank on the commission (which is why they were content with Frankie getting killed) but that's not to say they weren't going after Gotti. Rather, Frank was viewed as a castellano guy & had more to answer than Gotti

Frank would never have survived if he killed john

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: Beanshooter] #863362
10/13/15 11:16 PM
10/13/15 11:16 PM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
bobby was made before jr

Re: Most important gotti ally [Re: bronx] #863382
10/14/15 04:01 AM
10/14/15 04:01 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: bronx
bobby was made before jr

Correct as usual, Bronx. I'm pretty sure that Bobby was one of the slew of guys that Gotti made in '86. That's after he buttoned half of his blood relatives rolleyes.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull