GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (The_Marble_Guy, Lou_Para), 210 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,693
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The "price" on a rat's head? #861761
09/30/15 10:33 AM
09/30/15 10:33 AM
N
night_timer Offline OP
Capo
night_timer  Offline OP
N
Capo
So there was never an actual price or fee on a whack, Franzese said. If you were called on by the boss to whack someone, you just did it - there was no extra financial sweetener to get you out of bed.

The story about the half-million fee for the Donny Brasco (Joe Pistone) contract hit was allegedly pure bullshit. Sure, they want him whacked, but there's no half-million pay check.

Last edited by night_timer; 09/30/15 10:34 AM.

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.
Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #861765
09/30/15 10:47 AM
09/30/15 10:47 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Donny Brasco was not a Rat. He was an agent doing his job. Also the contract was indeed bullshit and as to wanting him dead, maybe just in thought by some but, to actualy do it or attempt to would be total suicide on their part. No Boss would have authorized that.

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: Beanshooter] #861807
09/30/15 03:36 PM
09/30/15 03:36 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
Donny Brasco was not a Rat. He was an agent doing his job. Also the contract was indeed bullshit and as to wanting him dead, maybe just in thought by some but, to actualy do it or attempt to would be total suicide on their part. No Boss would have authorized that.

Well put. The other undercover in that operation (the guy who they made a goofball of in Florida in the movie, which is total bullshit), lives under his own name and actually went on to become a Town Marshall or something to that effect. He stayed in law enforcement after testifying under his own name. Pistone milks that 500k rumor for everything it's worth, with those stupid fucking sunglasses. If they ever hit a Fed it would make the Commission Trial look like a jaywalking ticket. Believe that.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: pizzaboy] #861815
09/30/15 04:41 PM
09/30/15 04:41 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Yeah tony Rossi , I've got the book friend of the family . It's quite a decent read

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #861847
09/30/15 08:57 PM
09/30/15 08:57 PM
J
Jimmythepen Offline
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline
J
Button
Pistone could relocate to Bensonhurst and not get hit. Look at Toto Riina. He had those two prosecutors hit and look how the authorities retaliated. It makes zero sense to hit a figure like that.

If they knew about Pistone being an agent during his time with the Bonnano's then he'd have went. But after the fact? It's not worth the hassle.

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #861848
09/30/15 09:15 PM
09/30/15 09:15 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
I don't think he would have went. They would do what Massino did, stay away from him or start making all sort of innocent statements to screw up the Feds case. If they would have killed him the same thing that happened in the Hatcher case would happen.

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: Jimmythepen] #861856
09/30/15 10:58 PM
09/30/15 10:58 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Jimmythepen
Pistone could relocate to Bensonhurst and not get hit. Look at Toto Riina. He had those two prosecutors hit and look how the authorities retaliated. It makes zero sense to hit a figure like that.

If they knew about Pistone being an agent during his time with the Bonnano's then he'd have went. But after the fact? It's not worth the hassle.

No, he wouldn't have "gone." If they got tipped that he was a Fed they would have just steered clear of him. This isn't Sicily. It's not even Canada in that regard.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: pizzaboy] #861860
10/01/15 12:18 AM
10/01/15 12:18 AM
J
Jimmythepen Offline
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline
J
Button
Not even if they knew, 100 percent he was a fed? Admittedly I bow to your superior judgement PB. I just would have thought that in the late 70's, an era more violent than now, that if people knew for definite that someone in their ranks was a fed/agent then they would get rid of them.

It's interesting to think about it though hypothetically. Say you had a guy who was close to him, and had discussed business with him for years. He then knows for sure that this guy is a rat. He surely would know that he's going to testify, and that the likelihood is that he'll go down as a result of that. So for me I would have thought that it would be case of nothing to lose.

You learn every day smile

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #861861
10/01/15 12:38 AM
10/01/15 12:38 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
IIRC even Pistone was saying the danger wasnt his discovery as a FED but rather suspicion he was a rat.

IE They wouldnt touch a Fed but they'd hit a rat.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #861862
10/01/15 12:45 AM
10/01/15 12:45 AM
J
Jimmythepen Offline
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline
J
Button
Yep, makes sense.

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #861864
10/01/15 01:08 AM
10/01/15 01:08 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
IIRC even Pistone was saying the danger wasnt his discovery as a FED but rather suspicion he was a rat.

IE They wouldnt touch a Fed but they'd hit a rat.

Perfectly put. Lock it up.

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #861886
10/01/15 07:15 AM
10/01/15 07:15 AM
N
night_timer Offline OP
Capo
night_timer  Offline OP
N
Capo
I go after Feds. Malcolm Turnbull is Neville Wran's illegitimate son - just ask George 'Balls' Balos.

"It was all crap, right up to the moment he died" - an investigator's opinion - and epitaph - of John Holmes (Johnny Wadd)

"Drunk words are sober thoughts" - Anon.
Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #861887
10/01/15 07:20 AM
10/01/15 07:20 AM
S
strococs Offline
Capo
strococs  Offline
S
Capo
has the mafia ever clipped any one who went into witness protection?

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: strococs] #861890
10/01/15 07:36 AM
10/01/15 07:36 AM
rickydelta Offline
Underboss
rickydelta  Offline
Underboss
A guy who Ratted on Jackie Cerone Got Blown up in his car in the early 1970s .

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: strococs] #861891
10/01/15 07:40 AM
10/01/15 07:40 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: strococs
has the mafia ever clipped any one who went into witness protection?

No

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #861967
10/01/15 08:44 PM
10/01/15 08:44 PM
PA/FL
oldschool3 Offline
Capo
oldschool3  Offline
Capo
PA/FL
The Bonannos (or any other family for that matter) would NEVER knowingly hit a FED...the only way Pistone would have gotten clipped is if they merely thought he was an informant, and my guess is that if it came down to that, Pistone would have somehow ID'd himself as agent in a hurry!!

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: pizzaboy] #862192
10/03/15 10:06 AM
10/03/15 10:06 AM
Hamilton Canada
T
Thewop Offline
Wiseguy
Thewop  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Hamilton Canada
Even if it was true, that would've had to pull the trigger man out of Bellevue hospital since the average guy would've made excuses as to why he couldn't find Pistone. I knew ppl who met Pistone while he alledgely hung out with that degenerate gambler, schizophrenic drunk Lefty. The biggest mistake was too allow that drunkard to keep his button and I said it. Heard stories that nobody had ever seen him without being drunk including that lefty didn't bathe or sleep much. Lefty had pretty much lost all his friends before Pistone got to him. Guys told me that he was a real energy suck and walked around with piss stains in his pants. Hell Pistone even said he went for the weakest link in the chain.

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #862222
10/03/15 03:30 PM
10/03/15 03:30 PM
P
pmac Offline
pmac  Offline
P

Barboza from new England big in San Fran put alot of guys in jail and got what he had coming. Got was a stone killer more serial like.

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: pmac] #862226
10/03/15 04:21 PM
10/03/15 04:21 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: pmac
Barboza from new England big in San Fran put alot of guys in jail and got what he had coming. Got was a stone killer more serial like.

Yeah, but you really can't count guys who left the program and didn't follow the rules. Today things are different. You have high-profile rats walking the streets.

It's a moot point, anyway. Because years ago, when they'd search far and wide to hit a rat (Frattiano, Hill, Cafaro, Featherstone, the Philly and Lucchese rats from the '80s, et al.), we never would have found out anyway. The Government would cover up those murders as tight as Homeland Security. Because it would kill their business.

If it ever got out that a protected witness was hit, the WITSEC Program would look MUCH less attractive to the wiseguys, to say the very least. If it got out, there would be far less guys willing to flip. No way the Goverment allows such a murder to become public.

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: night_timer] #862232
10/03/15 04:45 PM
10/03/15 04:45 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
some informers still have to hide though like scars, massimo vitale etc

its the guys like cicale who dont need to hide because they are low level

i dont think they will go looking for rats but if they knew where they are then maybe esp the big time guys i know there was guys on the way to kill sammy gravano before he got arrested fat sal and that kid nwho used to be sammy who took over his shy when sammy flipped

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: gangstereport] #862235
10/03/15 05:17 PM
10/03/15 05:17 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Originally Posted By: gangstereport

i dont think they will go looking for rats but if they knew where they are then maybe esp the big time guys i know there was guys on the way to kill sammy gravano before he got arrested fat sal and that kid nwho used to be sammy who took over his shy when sammy flipped

Tommy Huck Carbonaro

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: gangstereport] #862245
10/03/15 06:37 PM
10/03/15 06:37 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Hitting Massino would be absoluute suicide. They've known where Al D'Arco lives in Florida for years, and he put away Amuso and Casso. He's even had a few guys visit him down there who don't hold a grudge because he did nothing to hurt them.

As far as Huck looking for Sammy, that was almost twenty years ago. And last I heard, Sammy's still breathing and Huck's parole officer hasn't been born yet. Besides, had they succeeded, the damage would have made the Gotti trial look like a DUI.

Times change. Hitting a rat after the fact doesn't help anyone, anyway. And the Feds would look at it like it was one of their own because their security was breached. The smarter Bosses (and the big three each have one) realize this.

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: Jimmythepen] #862246
10/03/15 06:44 PM
10/03/15 06:44 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Jimmythepen
Not even if they knew, 100 percent he was a fed? Admittedly I bow to your superior judgement PB. I just would have thought that in the late 70's, an era more violent than now, that if people knew for definite that someone in their ranks was a fed/agent then they would get rid of them.

It's interesting to think about it though hypothetically. Say you had a guy who was close to him, and had discussed business with him for years. He then knows for sure that this guy is a rat. He surely would know that he's going to testify, and that the likelihood is that he'll go down as a result of that. So for me I would have thought that it would be case of nothing to lose.

You learn every day smile

I mean, the scenario you described was kind of similar to the Gus Farace situation...and you can see how the families responded to a situation similar to one you describe...

the feds put major heat on them and they killed him themselves

Re: The "price" on a rat's head? [Re: pizzaboy] #862251
10/03/15 07:14 PM
10/03/15 07:14 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Hitting Massino would be absoluute suicide. They've known where Al D'Arco lives in Florida for years, and he put away Amuso and Casso. He's even had a few guys visit him down there who don't hold a grudge because he did nothing to hurt them.

As far as Huck looking for Sammy, that was almost twenty years ago. And last I heard, Sammy's still breathing and Huck's parole officer hasn't been born yet. Besides, had they succeeded, the damage would have made the Gotti trial look like a DUI.

Times change. Hitting a rat after the fact doesn't help anyone, anyway. And the Feds would look at it like it was one of their own because their security was breached. The smarter Bosses (and the big three each have one) realize this.

true

i always wonder what would have happened if sammy did get whacked i mean peter gotti got life for the plotting of the murder he said he paid 70k for weapons and transport. If sammy got whacked the press would have gone nuts it would prob be international news

still i do wonder maybe guys would be less likely to rat who knows

amuso and casso are brooklyn guys they are both in the can for life and casso is a rat i mean al hardly has to worry i mean its bronx guys running the family i know he was going to testify against steve (he plead out) about that meeting in the early 90s where they talked about killing barratta after casso took al and steve down from acting boss and consgliere and made that panel. But steve is hardly going to hold a grudge he knew little about his business.

And the brooklyn guys who are here today most are shelved the ones who were not shelved who were around in als day are either old or dead (frank lagno) no one cares about him

would hitting a rat like massimo do the mob good long term though guys would fear ratting

Last edited by gangstereport; 10/03/15 07:15 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull