GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Big_Tuna93), 354 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,674
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
What happened after Takedown? #861592
09/29/15 05:03 AM
09/29/15 05:03 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline OP
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline OP
C
Underboss
Chicago
In TAkeDown, Frank GIovinco was a young associate being groomed for the trash racket, does he run it now? Or has mob influence been curtailed in that industry?
Is he even still a player?
Any thoughts?

Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: CabriniGreen] #861650
09/29/15 02:21 PM
09/29/15 02:21 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Haven't heard much about him after that.

The Guiliani administration created Local Law 42 which instituted measures to remove the mob out of the waste hauling industry. One of those things was to replace the business associations the mob used to control the business. For years there was the Association of Trade Waste Removers of Greater New York and the Queens County Trade Waste Association (controlled by the Gambinos), and the Kings County Trade Waste Association and the Greater New York Waste Paper Association (controlled by the Genovese). These were replaced by the NYC Business Integrity Commission.

The mob's iron hold over the industry was broken but it's presence was not completely removed. It paved the way for national carting companies to enter the market and new licensing requirements made it harder for mobbed up companies to operate. But the mob is still involved to some extent. There was a bust involving the mob's effort to control the business back in 2013. In 2011, a report was released detailing the mob's continued presence in the industry in New Jersey. It has become particularly involved in related businesses that are not as regulated such as demolition and recyling.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: CabriniGreen] #861651
09/29/15 02:24 PM
09/29/15 02:24 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
it will never completely lose its presence but it is not like the old days

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: CabriniGreen] #861653
09/29/15 02:32 PM
09/29/15 02:32 PM
F
Flushing Offline
Capo
Flushing  Offline
F
Capo
I have wondered about Frank Giovinco and Joe Francolino and if they are still involved in the life.

Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: CabriniGreen] #861655
09/29/15 02:43 PM
09/29/15 02:43 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
In TAkeDown, Frank GIovinco was a young associate being groomed for the trash racket, does he run it now?

No.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: IvyLeague] #861656
09/29/15 02:54 PM
09/29/15 02:54 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
It has become particularly involved in related businesses that are not as regulated such as demolition and recyling.

True, Ivy. But from what I'm hearing they're bracing themselves for big changes in the recycling laws, especially in New Jersey. The Feds are already all over recycling in Connecticut, New York's changes are already in effect, so once they regulate Jersey, there goes the tri-state (as far as recycling).

The twin pillars (bookmaking and shylocking), coupled with honestly run legitimate businesses, are what will keep the mob alive in the Northeast for another generation or two. That's when the really big changes will set in.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: pizzaboy] #861658
09/29/15 03:08 PM
09/29/15 03:08 PM
manchester uk
domwoods74 Offline
Underboss
domwoods74  Offline
Underboss
manchester uk
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
It has become particularly involved in related businesses that are not as regulated such as demolition and recyling.

True, Ivy. But from what I'm hearing they're bracing themselves for big changes in the recycling laws, especially in New Jersey. The Feds are already all over recycling in Connecticut, New York's changes are already in effect, so once they regulate Jersey, there goes the tri-state (as far as recycling).

The twin pillars (bookmaking and shylocking), coupled with honestly run legitimate businesses, are what will keep the mob alive in the Northeast for another generation or two. That's when the really big changes will set in.
PB , sent u an email a couple of weeks bak pal , I'm heading over to New York next May , my first visit . Looking forward to it

Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: domwoods74] #861660
09/29/15 03:20 PM
09/29/15 03:20 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
I'll get back to you, Dom. Busy with Dad. Talk soon, though smile.

Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: pizzaboy] #861663
09/29/15 04:27 PM
09/29/15 04:27 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

i think i will last more than a generation or two i have been hearing the same thing since late 90s i have seen no everdince that three of the families have declined last 20 years

infact you could argue that the lucheses and gambino families are in the best situation since the early 90s

even the colombos are better of than before you had the colombo war and then wild bills murder then allie boy and jackie getting heavy sentences. I know tommy g recently got a heavy sentence and so did teddy jr but overall not as bad as the 90s

Last edited by gangstereport; 09/29/15 04:32 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: CabriniGreen] #861664
09/29/15 04:32 PM
09/29/15 04:32 PM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
Article related to NJ recycling situation from a few years ago

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/12/man_tied_to_gambino_ny_crime_f.html

Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: CabriniGreen] #861683
09/29/15 08:30 PM
09/29/15 08:30 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
What PB said but we will see , NJ is just so corrupt

And in the meantime these guys are finding ways to

Further Legitimize their opps , and some tag along a trucking co with it

I'm in Jersey City a lot and it still hard for me to think it's going away

Plus they have a weighing transfer stations / transfer

We will see but even today they have a pretty good carting thing in NE NJ

But I guess we will see , construction will be a much harder thing to destroy

All IMO of course

Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: IvyLeague] #861715
09/29/15 11:14 PM
09/29/15 11:14 PM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline OP
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline OP
C
Underboss
Chicago
Funny thing, in TAkedown, the mob had just started to get into recycling, as a reaction to pressure holding onto their, what was it, property rights system?

Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: CabriniGreen] #861739
09/30/15 07:09 AM
09/30/15 07:09 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Most don't want crime in or lives . But each time law-enforcement does something to weed these guys out they find a way to work around it they are survivors . I really would like to have it the way it was in 1970 in our neighborhoods and just in general, then to see it the way it is now . And too boot nothing has changed after they( The government ) moved in . The only thing that is different is the governments taking more money's .Dont matter how many guys they put away , the Government in law-enforcement spend millions and make millions going about putting these guys away . Really have to look at the big picture .

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: CabriniGreen] #861823
09/30/15 05:58 PM
09/30/15 05:58 PM
Garbageman Offline
Made Member
Garbageman  Offline
Made Member
Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
Funny thing, in TAkedown, the mob had just started to get into recycling, as a reaction to pressure holding onto their, what was it, property rights system?

Yep, they had no choice. Customers learned their "garbage" actually had a value worthy of a rebate, haulers went berserk trying to hold out as long as they could before admitting they could recycle much of the waste coming out of office buildings in NYC.
Haulers were Recycling it long before they admitted it to the customer, who was basically considered a jerkoff who needed to get fucked, and fucked they got! For decades. It's amazing what you can recycle when you're getting paid to take it as garbage. The incentive then was more money for the hauler, and fuck giving anything back to the customer.
Even today, recycling doesn't pay. Haulers still have to charge customers for picking up various recyclable material because the profit on the material is next to nothing. Recycling is a mess and it's going to take a long time before anything other than paper, cardboard & metal pays to recycle.

Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: DB] #861834
09/30/15 07:18 PM
09/30/15 07:18 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: DB
What PB said but we will see , NJ is just so corrupt

And in the meantime these guys are finding ways to

Further Legitimize their opps , and some tag along a trucking co with it

I'm in Jersey City a lot and it still hard for me to think it's going away

Plus they have a weighing transfer stations / transfer

We will see but even today they have a pretty good carting thing in NE NJ

But I guess we will see , construction will be a much harder thing to destroy

All IMO of course

Wait and see, kiddo. In Connecticut they regulated the weigh and transfer stations on practically the same day they regululated paper and plastic.

The heaviest paper guy in your neck of the woods is already looking to sell-out to the largest paper and plastic company in the country. A pre-emptive strike to save himself MILLIONS when it happens. The same thing the smarter guys in New York did back in the '90s with garbage. They sold out to USA Waste, who in turn sold-out to Waste Management.

At least they're ready for it. Because those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it.

Re: What happened after Takedown? [Re: CabriniGreen] #861838
09/30/15 07:58 PM
09/30/15 07:58 PM
Jersey
HandsomeMike Offline
Wiseguy
HandsomeMike  Offline
Wiseguy
Jersey
Know for a fact in Northern NJ garbage business are still heavily connected. Scrap, too.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull