GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 291 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
has mafia violence in the us calmed down? #861437
09/27/15 11:32 PM
09/27/15 11:32 PM
D
donplugconnected Offline OP
Made Member
donplugconnected  Offline OP
D
Made Member
obviously they live on the threat of violence BUT that doesn't mean they're violent. now my question is have mobsters mellowed out? like calmed down? something you don't hear about today are the mobsters like joey gallo, vito genovese, albert anastasia,nicky scarfo, benny siegel, al capone sam giancana, mad sam and the ant spilotro. has the way the mob operates died out? or is it because more violent groups took there place? or is it because of the media focus on gangs rather than organized crime has changed?

ma tongue hold life my belt hold death.
make em bite the dust when they hit the floor.
4-5 to there chest us folk from gangsterbb aint playing.
we smoke everyone in this b word like a hookah now.
stupid steve hit the corner shooting.
Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861451
09/28/15 12:32 AM
09/28/15 12:32 AM
B
bronx Offline
Underboss
bronx  Offline
B
Underboss
not mellowed, all the sick killers either flipped or are in prison.. finally they realize to stop killing and start putting things together again and earn money..

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861556
09/28/15 09:46 PM
09/28/15 09:46 PM
Jersey
HandsomeMike Offline
Wiseguy
HandsomeMike  Offline
Wiseguy
Jersey
I think most of the guys have realized that money is more important than everything else. Faze a guy out instead of killing him keeps the heat off. Bodies bring more heat than anything.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861575
09/29/15 01:36 AM
09/29/15 01:36 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: donplugconnected
obviously they live on the threat of violence

The threat is all they need. Even if they pop one guy every five years, no one wants to be that one guy. The threat is all they've ever needed.

They should have put a moratorium on murder when the books opened back up instead of waiting twenty or so years. A lot of good earners and seriously decent guys would still be around.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861623
09/29/15 11:12 AM
09/29/15 11:12 AM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
obviously they live on the threat of violence BUT that doesn't mean they're violent. now my question is have mobsters mellowed out? like calmed down? something you don't hear about today are the mobsters like joey gallo, vito genovese, albert anastasia,nicky scarfo, benny siegel, al capone sam giancana, mad sam and the ant spilotro. has the way the mob operates died out? or is it because more violent groups took there place? or is it because of the media focus on gangs rather than organized crime has changed?

the threat is enough and in alot of cases it easier to shelve someone. There has still been mob violence look at the Christopher Mignone who got whacked or randy pizzolo or anthony seccifico or lawrence ricci or that gambino drug dealer who got whacked or Frank Lagano or Rudolph "Rudy" Izzi or jerome the blade or anthony zizzo or johnny gongs or Patrick Squillante

the list goes on when a hit is needed it will get done but like the guy above said the fear is enough its why the genovese, gambino and lucheses families are doing the best since the 90s and even the other families are beginning to feel less heat and are beginning to rebuild but long term they will fuck it up they always do

Last edited by gangstereport; 09/29/15 11:14 AM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861700
09/29/15 10:20 PM
09/29/15 10:20 PM
D
donplugconnected Offline OP
Made Member
donplugconnected  Offline OP
D
Made Member
then how can they consider a guy to be made if no violence has occurred around him? doesn't every made man have to kill one guy atleast to be considered?

ma tongue hold life my belt hold death.
make em bite the dust when they hit the floor.
4-5 to there chest us folk from gangsterbb aint playing.
we smoke everyone in this b word like a hookah now.
stupid steve hit the corner shooting.
Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861704
09/29/15 10:27 PM
09/29/15 10:27 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
then how can they consider a guy to be made if no violence has occurred around him? doesn't every made man have to kill one guy atleast to be considered?

Nope.

The mafia is first and foremost a business.

Earners go to the front of the button queue.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861710
09/29/15 11:00 PM
09/29/15 11:00 PM
Phoenix, Arizona
W
Walkner Offline
Button
Walkner  Offline
W
Button
Phoenix, Arizona
Do murders still happen though? Like think about all the people DeMeo's crew clipped that nobody heard about until murder machine came out. Obviously not on the scale it was, but is it possible it's happening more than we think? Or more than once every 5 years like PB suggested.

On a side note, I'm mostly a lurker, but PB I am sorry about your dad.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861722
09/30/15 12:56 AM
09/30/15 12:56 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Biggest myth out there. At least half the guys ever made never pulled a trigger in their lives, except at the water balloon game at San Gennaro.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: Walkner] #861723
09/30/15 01:09 AM
09/30/15 01:09 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Walkner
Do murders still happen though? Like think about all the people DeMeo's crew clipped that nobody heard about until murder machine came out. Obviously not on the scale it was, but is it possible it's happening more than we think? Or more than once every 5 years like PB suggested.

Thank you, but East Harlem Italians are a tough brood. He's going on 86 and still swinging. He ain't going anywhere without a fight and until he's ready. But thanks again smile.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861749
09/30/15 09:28 AM
09/30/15 09:28 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo

One of the top myths just like the one about not dealing dope.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: pizzaboy] #861785
09/30/15 01:57 PM
09/30/15 01:57 PM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
Hey Pizza,

Its Salvi from Florida.

I've been trying to get a hold of you but my PC crashed and I lost all my contacts.

Thanks, and sorry for interrupting this thread.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: Walkner] #861792
09/30/15 02:30 PM
09/30/15 02:30 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Walkner

yes there has been nearly 30 mob related killings and shootings but thats inculding all the families last 15 years

murders
genovese
5 guys

Gambinos

two

lucheses

bonnanos

Colombo

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: salvi62] #861796
09/30/15 02:52 PM
09/30/15 02:52 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: salvi62
Hey Pizza,

Its Salvi from Florida.

I've been trying to get a hold of you but my PC crashed and I lost all my contacts.

I'll email you. I've been busy as shit with my Dad's therapy and getting my building manager ready for us to head south. The sooner I get him to Florida this year the better. But its all according to his health. But I'll get to you. You can count on it.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: pizzaboy] #861831
09/30/15 06:49 PM
09/30/15 06:49 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
They should have put a moratorium on murder when the books opened back up instead of waiting twenty or so years. A lot of good earners and seriously decent guys would still be around.

What you said makes me wonder who might have been the wealthiest LCN member? I know that the truth of who was will NEVER be known but to the best of your knowledge, who would you guess it to be?

My guess would be either Accardo or Magaddino only because of the time they had at the helm and not in jail.

Always heard that Chickie Narduccci was in the millions

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #861836
09/30/15 07:24 PM
09/30/15 07:24 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix

What you said makes me wonder who might have been the wealthiest LCN member? I know that the truth of who was will NEVER be known but to the best of your knowledge, who would you guess it to be?

My guess would be either Accardo or Magaddino only because of the time they had at the helm and not in jail.

Member or associate? Because the Pontes could buy and sell them all. Twice.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: pizzaboy] #861839
09/30/15 08:10 PM
09/30/15 08:10 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
The OP does raise an interesting point in that you don't really see any more "uncontrollable psycho killers" like say Tommy DeSimone or the Gemini crew or Gaspipe. Where'd they all go?

My guess is that those guys weren't really all that berserk to begin with; they were just capable of killing casually and were in an environment in which they were able to do so. But they weren't the runaway freight trains that they have been depicted as. They are still around, but have adapted. I think Montreal proves that the potential for that sort of mayhem is still around; the guys in America just don't do it because it's too hard to get away with, not because they are any less murderous than they used to be.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: Ivan] #861842
09/30/15 08:35 PM
09/30/15 08:35 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Ivan
The OP does raise an interesting point in that you don't really see any more "uncontrollable psycho killers" like say Tommy DeSimone or the Gemini crew or Gaspipe. Where'd they all go?

My guess is that those guys weren't really all that berserk to begin with; they were just capable of killing casually and were in an environment in which they were able to do so. But they weren't the runaway freight trains that they have been depicted as. They are still around, but have adapted. I think Montreal proves that the potential for that sort of mayhem is still around; the guys in America just don't do it because it's too hard to get away with, not because they are any less murderous than they used to be.

Of course. It's not that it's a kinder and gentler Mafia, just a Mafia that doesn't want to do life without parole anymore. In Canada you can cop to murder and be out in eight to ten. Big difference.

Although I do disagree with you on one point. There aren't nearly as many American mob guys with the stomach for murder today. You have to grow up dirt poor and in the thick of a heavily populated mob presence to become that kind of of gangster. And poverty isn't nearly as much of a problem for Italian Americans today, not to mention the fact that the stronghold neighborhoods are nearly all gone.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861844
09/30/15 08:51 PM
09/30/15 08:51 PM
J
Jimmythepen Offline
Button
Jimmythepen  Offline
J
Button
One guy getting clipped is not the end of the problem. I mean for example you might have a guy who is suspected of being a rat. He goes. But then you'll have many people who know about it, who participated in it, whatever. All it takes is ONE guy to flip and a whole crew could be decimated. It's a huge risk, but then I suppose it always has been.

Look at Philly. I've read on here people saying that the whole thing will come down if someone flips because of the Di Pietro hit and maybe another one. If the government flip somebody and he testifies in court and says 'X,Y and Z all knew about it', and he's a creditable enough witness, it's done.

But yeah, the threat is enough. I mean I'm across the pond and have no daily interaction with anyone associated with the mob, but even in this day and age I wouldn't want to owe them money or screw them over to any extent.

Last edited by Jimmythepen; 09/30/15 08:53 PM.
Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: pizzaboy] #861846
09/30/15 08:55 PM
09/30/15 08:55 PM
North Jersey
ItalianIrishMix Offline
Underboss
ItalianIrishMix  Offline
Underboss
North Jersey

I have never heard about ANY Ponte but, please inform me.....Where they members? What was their primary source of greenbacks? Drugs?

And if he had the knack for for it, why no notoriety or ascension?

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #861854
09/30/15 10:31 PM
09/30/15 10:31 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

I have never heard about ANY Ponte but, please inform me.....Where they members? What was their primary source of greenbacks? Drugs?

Angelo Ponte. Garbage and real estate. The guy and his family own half of Tribeca. He was twenty years ahead of the curve in that neighhorhood. He bought it all up when it was all steel warehouses. Look at it today.

As far as not ascending, as a rule the Westside doesn't usually make their big garbage earners. Too many anti-trust laws and licenses at risk. Angelo's brother Joe had his patch, though. He was one tough motherfucker. Angelo looks like a professor, but he's probably smarter.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: pizzaboy] #861857
09/30/15 11:03 PM
09/30/15 11:03 PM
Ivan Offline
Underboss
Ivan  Offline
Underboss
Angelo looks like a professor, but he's probably smarter.

Wouldn't be too hard to be smarter than a professor, most of them are complete ding-dongs.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: pizzaboy] #861863
10/01/15 01:05 AM
10/01/15 01:05 AM
S
salvi62 Offline
Capo
salvi62  Offline
S
Capo
Originally Posted By: salvi62
Hey Pizza,

Its Salvi from Florida.

I'll email you. I've been busy as shit with my Dad's therapy and getting my building manager ready for us to head south. The sooner I get him to Florida this year the better. But its all according to his health. But I'll get to you. You can count on it.

Thanks,
I look foward to finally meeting you this year ard catching up.

Take care and all the best to your Dad.

Sal

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #861927
10/01/15 12:28 PM
10/01/15 12:28 PM
M
moneyman Offline
Made Member
moneyman  Offline
M
Made Member
I wonder if Angelo Ponte kicks up anything to the administration, maybe he gets a pass because of his legendary status.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: ItalianIrishMix] #862166
10/03/15 02:55 AM
10/03/15 02:55 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Was: Revis_Island
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss

A lot of people say Carmine Lomardozzi was very rich. Same with Jerry Catena. He had a seat on the company "Bally". Somebody on this site told me about him. Michael Franzese seems to talk a big game regarding his wealth when he was with the Colombos. I would also assume that Gambino was unbelievably rich along with other bosses. But like you said we'll never know for sure just how much any of them made. But it's safe to say that they made a lot.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: pizzaboy] #862167
10/03/15 03:05 AM
10/03/15 03:05 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss

Angelo Ponte. Garbage and real estate. The guy and his family own half of Tribeca. He was twenty years ahead of the curve in that neighhorhood. He bought it all up when it was all steel warehouses. Look at it today.

As far as not ascending, as a rule the Westside doesn't usually make their big garbage earners. Too many anti-trust laws and licenses at risk. Angelo's brother Joe had his patch, though. He was one tough motherfucker. Angelo looks like a professor, but he's probably smarter.

Hey PB, pretty sure I've asked this on here before but do you think anybody in the American mafia(such as Ponte as you just named) was making as much money(if not more) as the Coke dealers in Miami in the 1980s?

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: Revis_Knicks] #862170
10/03/15 03:23 AM
10/03/15 03:23 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Revis_Island

Hey PB, pretty sure I've asked this on here before but do you think anybody in the American mafia(such as Ponte as you just named) was making as much money(if not more) as the Coke dealers in Miami in the 1980s?

You talking about the mid-level and lower guys on the ground in Miami or the drug lords back on Colombia?

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: IvyLeague] #862198
10/03/15 10:54 AM
10/03/15 10:54 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Revis_Island

You talking about the mid-level and lower guys on the ground in Miami or the drug lords back on Colombia?

Well it would be unfair to compare American mobsters to the Colombians because I'm sure the Colombians were making 100 times more money. It'd be a better comparison to compare the mafia in Italy and the Colombian drug lords. So to answer your question I'm talking about whoever were the big guys in Miami at the time.

Re: has mafia violence in the us calmed down? [Re: donplugconnected] #862200
10/03/15 10:55 AM
10/03/15 10:55 AM
R
Revis_Knicks Offline
Revis_Knicks  Offline
R
Underboss
And the Colombians would never make anything close to what they were making in Colombia here in America. The reason why they lasted so long is because of how corrupt and weak Colombia was at the time.

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull