GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (m2w, JCrusher, 1 invisible), 312 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,491
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,925
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,334
Posts1,058,829
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Philly Article - Angelo Lutz #860196
09/15/15 09:02 PM
09/15/15 09:02 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline OP
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline OP
M
Underboss
CT
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20150914_Former_mob_pal_Angelo_Lutz_searches_for_redemption.html

ANGELO LUTZ was looking around his mob-themed Kitchen Consigliere Cafe in Collingswood, N.J., jam-packed yesterday afternoon with his first, second, third and fourth cousins for a family reunion, and he said, "We all know I've been on peaks and I've been in valleys."

The valleys were the seven years he spent in federal prison as a "mob associate" convicted of bookmaking and racketeering.

The peaks are his reinventing himself as a popular "Italian comfort food" chef since his 2008 release, first at a tiny place around the corner from his current 96-seat cafe, where he serves his signature sausage meatballs along with traditional South Philly-style home cooking.

"I'm not on a peak or in a valley right now," Lutz, 52, said emotionally, "but I'm feeling OK."

He said that for him, it was all about family, and he proved it by reeling off the names and relationships of all 70 relatives whose emotional support he's depended on through all those valleys.

Lutz, who tips the scales at close to 400 pounds, is known for performing at a Mummers Parade as "Golden Buddha," naked to the waist and gilded as if he'd just left a tragic encounter with "Goldfinger," and for playing Santa Claus at reputed mob boss Joey Merlino's Christmas party for the homeless.

But what was clear yesterday amid the party atmosphere was that underneath the host's rapid-fire patter - "I'm still Santa Claus here every week when I sign the checks!" - is that Lutz, who often talks about his being an only child, is a man in search of redemption.

After telling the crowd that his homemade "Sunday gravy" and his sausage meatballs will be on grocers' shelves this fall, Lutz said he hoped this first family reunion at his restaurant would become an annual tradition.

"I love youse all," Lutz said.

During the cheers, his cousin Ginny Lutz stood and said, "Angelo, I just want to say one thing: You're an only child but we are your family. You'll never walk alone."

A few years ago, when Lutz was in a valley of despair after he'd been rejected for the TV show "Shark Tank" because of his prison past, his friend Nick Triolo and another investor threw him a lifeline by financing the Kitchen Consigliere.

"I told Angelo, 'We're not investing in a restaurant,' " Triolo said. "We're investing in you, in your zeal, in your desire for redemption. You got turned down for 'Shark Tank'? Well, guess what? Long story short, you got 'Shark Tank' right here in front of you!' "

Patty Arcuri, Lutz's first cousin on his mother's side and an only child like him, has been like a sister since childhood.

When Lutz went to prison, she said, his father, Angelo Luzzi, had already died, so his mother, Helen Giunta, was alone.

"She had no one," Arcuri said. "And she was too ill to travel. They kept moving Angelo to prisons far away. She never saw him. When she was dying, they wouldn't release him to visit.

"I had to make sure he was comforted knowing that I and my husband, Anthony, took care of her every day. He was her heart and soul. It was heartbreaking. They didn't let him go to the funeral."

Arcuri said she's been amazed these past five years by Lutz's determination to make the Kitchen Consigliere a success. "I can't believe he keeps going at this pace," she said. "I tell him, 'Sit and savor for a moment.' "

Lutz is not a guy who sits and savors. He pursues redemption with a hunger that will not be satisfied by what his partner Triolo calls his "off-the-hook food."

As yesterday afternoon grew late, Lutz's longtime pal Dominick Collaretti ran out of Italian roast pig to carve from Esposito's Porchetta in South Philly.

"You want the head?" Collaretti asked.

"No, you keep it," Lutz said, laughing.

Lutz said that he and his eggplant parm will appear on the Food Network's "Guilty Pleasures" and that he will appear on "Real Housewives of New Jersey" in November.

Did he pause to sit and savor? No. He saw a relative he hadn't schmoozed with and rushed over. His first cousin Arcuri watched him go, and smiled.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/201509...LOgtGLszU8Ba.99

Re: Philly Article - Angelo Lutz [Re: mightyhealthy] #860211
09/15/15 11:36 PM
09/15/15 11:36 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York

Re: Philly Article - Angelo Lutz [Re: mightyhealthy] #860212
09/15/15 11:45 PM
09/15/15 11:45 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline OP
Underboss
M
Underboss
CT
What happened, did I post it incorrecty? Sorry, SC.

Re: Philly Article - Angelo Lutz [Re: mightyhealthy] #860214
09/16/15 12:33 AM
09/16/15 12:33 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: mightyhealthy
What happened, did I post it incorrecty? Sorry, SC.

No problem. Sometimes the links are so long they cause the spacing on the index page to go astray and it makes the columns realign. THe simplest "fix" for that is to reset the box by adding a short reply. (The link you provided in your first sentence was too large for the message box).

Re: Philly Article - Angelo Lutz [Re: mightyhealthy] #860236
09/16/15 10:18 AM
09/16/15 10:18 AM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline OP
Underboss
M
Underboss
CT
Got it, thanks.

Re: Philly Article - Angelo Lutz [Re: mightyhealthy] #860249
09/16/15 12:59 PM
09/16/15 12:59 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
I've been to his restaurant before, once you get past the cheesy mafia themed decorations (ie tommy gun light holders) the food is pretty good and it's BYOB. I brought a hot Hispanic broad on a date there once, our server was really smoking hot too. I remember my date saying she was a hot chick (our server)

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull