GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 181 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,461
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,876
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,321
Posts1,058,573
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885009
06/08/16 06:39 PM
06/08/16 06:39 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
@Belmont I have come to personally believe that it was pure arrogance on Nicky Jr's part that he thought he was so much smarter than the FBI. My personal belief is that he felt this way because he was much smarter than the average wise guy that he was around all the time , he was a real computer and electronics whiz. He should have learned back in the early 2000s when they used a keystroke tracker on his laptop to decode his encrypted sports gambling records that the FBI will use any resource possible to jam him up.....

Serp you have any input or opinions on this?

Last edited by DanteMoltisanti; 06/08/16 06:40 PM.
Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885012
06/08/16 06:51 PM
06/08/16 06:51 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
looks like scarfo senior also disliked the pernas

http://www.bigtrial.net/2014/02/scarfo-familys-troubled-history-now.html
Quote:
"My dear Son," Scarfo wrote, "hold on to these 39 pages for the future. Review them. Tacettas and Pernas are rats and the younger ones are glorified rats by proxy. And who knows how far they will go in the future. As far as I'm concerned, they're all lying rats.
"Love, Dad xxoo"

they did spend big

http://www.bigtrial.net/2014/11/judge-losing-patience-as-firstplus.html
Quote:

Evidence introduced during the trial indicated that Pelullo and Scarfo took $12 million out of the company through a series of phony consulting contracts and bogus business deals. The cash was used to finance a lavish lifestyle. Pelullo bought a Bentley Continental for $217,000. He and Scarfo purchased a yacht for $850,000 and Scarfo and his then new wife, Lisa Murray-Scarfo obtained a fraudulent mortgage on a $715,000 home outside of Atlantic City

the feds seemed to think scarfo junior was making a plot to take over philly mob though it does not sound like it ever got of talking

Quote:

Whatever its impact on the FirstPlus case, the affidavit from the FBI case Agent Joseph Gilson cited by the defense offers an intriguing look at the Philadelphia - South Jersey underworld in 2006. The affidavit was submitted with a wiretap application and while the original thrust of the probe was the suspected takeover of the Philadelphia mob, those wiretaps eventually brought the feds into the FirstPlus scam.

Among other things, Gilson wrote that "Little Nicky" Scarfo from his prison cell in Atlanta was backing his son's attempt to wrest control of the Philadelphia crime family from then mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi, a one-time Scarfo ally and suspected hitman.

"Scarfo Sr. has secured the backing of some of the New York LCN Families in this attempt to take control of the Philadelphia LCN Family and is directing his son, Scarfo Jr., in the attempted takeover," Gilson wrote.

While the affidavit doesn't mention which New York families were supporting the Scarfo move, most law enforcement sources believe the Luchese organization, at least the faction loyal to Amuso, was backing Scarfo's play.

The younger Scarfo, who had been living in North Jersey under the protection of the Luchese organization, moved back to the Atlantic City area in 2006. For a time he ran a restaurant and later got involved in the construction business.

Rumors surfaced at the time that he was trying to recruit local mobsters who might still be loyal to his dad whose bloody reign between 1981 and 1989 had decimated the crime family. During that period, nearly two dozens mob members and associates were killed and nearly that same number were indicted and sent off to prison.

Quote:

Whether the younger Scarfo had a chance to retake control of the family is an open question. It is hard to imagine many mobsters lining up behind him in a clash with Ligambi. The FBI affidavit said that one confidential source indicated Scarfo had approached Joseph Ciancaglini Jr. , the son of then jailed Scarfo family capo Joseph "Chickie" Ciancaglini. The source, according to the affidavit, said Scarfo approached Ciancaglini and asked if "he wanted to be with" him in a power grab.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885026
06/08/16 09:54 PM
06/08/16 09:54 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Dante
I remember when he first got busted up here and they tracked his computer. I think he was working out of a vending machine company in either bloomfield or belleville. He lived in belleville off river rd ( i think ).

Last edited by Belmont; 06/08/16 09:54 PM.
Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: SinatraClub] #885028
06/08/16 09:58 PM
06/08/16 09:58 PM
C
Curiosity Offline
Button
Curiosity  Offline
C
Button
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Curiosity
The whole Scarfo/Philly thing leading to his demotion being an excuse makes sense. That's just how the reporters always put it, but you can't always go by those things, as often times they get it wrong. And I read Fresolones book and he gives the impression that Scarfo Jr was a good guy for the most part. Makes me wonder how he became to be so disliked by those North Jersey Luccheses. I'm gonna be honest, it sounds like a lot of bullshit and jealousy the Pernas had for him.

Why do you think the Pernas would be jealous of him?
Haven't read Fresolone's book, but how did he paint Scarfo as being a good guy? I've always read Jr was pretty cocky and arrogant, which I though was the reason Joey Merlino and the Young Turks didn't like him (aside from the whole demoting/outcasting the Merlinos by Scarfo Sr incident). Might be the same reasons the Pernas don't.

He paints Nicky Jr in pretty much the same way he was said to be at one point in this thread, a quiet type, and an earner, not cocky or arrogant, from what you've read. And I don't know if that was the reason why he and Joey Merlino didn't get along. In fact he and Joey Merlino were quiet close when they were younger, and the reason for his hit attempt on Nicky Jr, was an attempt to end his fathers control on the mob by proxy , which didn't help , because outside of his own group Merlino wasn't looked at as someone who could run the mob, let alone be made. And as these guys said, when Nicky Scarfo Jr was on the street at that time, earning, the Perna's were young kids, so they had no real interaction with Nicky Jr. Fresolone says Nicky Jr always had a way to make money, and he always thought of new schemes to earn money for himself and those around him. There's also that newspaper article from that guy in AC who knew Nicky Jr & Mark. He says Nicky Jr was a regular guy, he never really flaunted being "wise guy" or used that to push people around and that it was more so Mark who was like that, that was during high school though, Leonetti also said Nicky Jr wasn't like that, and the only reason he was what he was , was because of influence from his father.

I don't know how he was as a Lucchese capo, but from the few sources I've read, he was liked by more than a few of those guys as well. But maybe he changed.

Nice info, thanks!

I read about the whole being cocky thing in old articles on philly.com. I think it made mention of Jr getting shot due to his arrogance. I'll try to find the article if you wanna read it.
It's all speculation though, of course.

I've never really believed he and Joey Merlino were really close. I don't doubt they were friends and hanged out because their dads were friends and whatnot. But I've always heard that Joey was best friends with Tore Scafidi and Mikey Chang. Doesn't seem to be any love lost between the two.

I definitely agree about him always having a new scheme. The guy was most definitely an earner.

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885048
06/09/16 02:54 AM
06/09/16 02:54 AM
>>>OVA THERE
njcapo35 Offline
BANNED
njcapo35  Offline
BANNED
Underboss
>>>OVA THERE
Who remembers the Stephen Crane Village and the legened who hailed from there, Frankie the FLY?
Can't discuss Newark without mentioning The Fly!..Name rings bells from the Jersey Shore to Vegas!

"Jersey...It's where my story begins."
Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: njcapo35] #885060
06/09/16 06:24 AM
06/09/16 06:24 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: njcapo35
Who remembers the Stephen Crane Village and the legened who hailed from there, Frankie the FLY?
Can't discuss Newark without mentioning The Fly!..Name rings bells from the Jersey Shore to Vegas!

I've heard of Frankie the Fly!!! There was a great article about him in the Star Ledger when he died that I will dig up...

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885061
06/09/16 06:27 AM
06/09/16 06:27 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885130
06/10/16 11:02 AM
06/10/16 11:02 AM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Sorry folks, the current bloomfield Avenue is nothing like you remember and has no chance of ever returning. The belmont tavern is nothing more than a neighborhood bar, in my opinion you have a better chance of seeing someone on Lincoln Ave in orange at one of the social clubs there. Just my opinion.

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885135
06/10/16 12:04 PM
06/10/16 12:04 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Scarfo Jr's Philly plot was a joke

It would have been Dante and Luigi's part 2

Would have been him, a half cripple, and a half a fake gangster

lol

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885137
06/10/16 12:15 PM
06/10/16 12:15 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I remember we were talking about that on here before, and it was said by a reliable Philly poster that he had some actual backing for the plot in NY, and it wasn't just the Lucchese's but he actually had members of other families who were willing to get behind him. I don't know how true that is, but it's never actually been revealed through any informants or sources like that whom he had behind him , other than the rumor that he had contacted Joey Chang. And Pelullo had nothing to do with it from what was said.

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: SinatraClub] #885150
06/10/16 04:20 PM
06/10/16 04:20 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
I remember we were talking about that on here before, and it was said by a reliable Philly poster that he had some actual backing for the plot in NY, and it wasn't just the Lucchese's but he actually had members of other families who were willing to get behind him. I don't know how true that is, but it's never actually been revealed through any informants or sources like that whom he had behind him , other than the rumor that he had contacted Joey Chang. And Pelullo had nothing to do with it from what was said.

Yeah I vaguely remember that conversation and I pressed him on it and he couldnt come up with any names or numbers or anything other than "he had some NY backing" when pressed.

I really don't think he had near enough backing, or balls to pull off that move. Sounds like all the brainchild of that sick fuck Scarfo SR who is stuck in the 80s. lol

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885175
06/10/16 10:42 PM
06/10/16 10:42 PM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
I forget his name, I don't want to say Serp, but all I know is he had Enzo the Bakers kid as his profile avatar. But he was one of those "I don't reveal names because some of them are still alive" types. Not to take anything away from him, I'm just saying, that may have been his reason for not giving any names. We had some good discussions, he always seemed to be quite reliable.

I don't know either way if Scarfo Jr had suitable backing or not, but I wouldn't put it past some of the NY families to want to use Scarfo Jr as a conduit to get Merlino out of the way. It isn't exactly something they haven't done before. I also read that it wasn't necessarily a plot to take over Philly but more so a plot to take over some Philly rackets and establish Lucchese rackets in Philly with Nicky Jr as the point man. That honestly sounds more likely and plausible.

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: Belmont] #885205
06/11/16 12:11 PM
06/11/16 12:11 PM
Hudson County NJ
D
DB Offline
Underboss
DB  Offline
D
Underboss
Hudson County NJ
It's funny as if you still hang out pretty regurily down neck swag is still everywhere, more on the DL I guess as I wasn't around in the 80s. They ain't Italians but same people go bar to bar selling swag and if they don't have what you want just tell em and they usually comes thru later , lol. Obviously that area isn't Italian anymore but they def working with some pork shops in the money market , the violent stuff gone for good I guess

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885208
06/11/16 01:06 PM
06/11/16 01:06 PM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
The Genovese family had a wire room and sports book in South Philly that cut Uncle Joe in back around 2006-2007.....

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: majicrat] #885375
06/13/16 09:16 PM
06/13/16 09:16 PM
D
DonCheech Offline
Button
DonCheech  Offline
D
Button
Lincoln Avenue in Orange seems like it's still very active with a few open social clubs still there. Orange used to be a big O.C. town with a few of the families having a big presence.

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885397
06/14/16 08:35 AM
06/14/16 08:35 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Orange is something like 95% African-American, I have never heard anything about Lincoln Ave, sounds very far fetched to me.

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885399
06/14/16 09:05 AM
06/14/16 09:05 AM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Lincoln ave has a few legitimate clubs and some italians live on that small stretch. But trust me, no OC stuff going on at all.

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885401
06/14/16 09:26 AM
06/14/16 09:26 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
I always liked going to the Star Tavern in Orange for some pizza and beers, didn't think there was one single Italian left in that city....

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885417
06/14/16 01:34 PM
06/14/16 01:34 PM
M
majicrat Offline
Underboss
majicrat  Offline
M
Underboss
Not sure what's farfetched about it but if you drive down Lincoln Ave you'll see the social clubs in plain sight. Not to mention a couple eateries as well. Just pointing out in my opinion it's busier on Lincoln Ave than on Bloomfield Ave. as far as guys hanging out. You can also add in the social club on Verona Ave. in Newark too. As far as no OC stuff going on around Lincoln, If memory serves me correctly, one of the recent large scale gambling busts involved a few guys from the furniture store on Lincoln (now closed and operating as something else) as well as from Bloomfield Ave. Raccioppi's specifically. Many more guys busted but I think more OC stuff still going on around Lincoln Ave than is advertised.

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: mikeyballs211] #885432
06/14/16 05:00 PM
06/14/16 05:00 PM
B
Belmont Offline
Underboss
Belmont  Offline
B
Underboss
Did you know the club you are referring to on verona ave is completely legitimate and a few police offers are actually members?
Some guys on lincoln ave may gamble a bit, that goes on in knitting clubs and book clubs. I know lincoln ave very well. The place on central ave isnt a wiseguy hangout either.

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: majicrat] #885440
06/14/16 07:27 PM
06/14/16 07:27 PM
B
Blackjack2121 Offline
Underboss
Blackjack2121  Offline
B
Underboss
Originally Posted By: majicrat
Not sure what's farfetched about it but if you drive down Lincoln Ave you'll see the social clubs in plain sight. Not to mention a couple eateries as well. Just pointing out in my opinion it's busier on Lincoln Ave than on Bloomfield Ave. as far as guys hanging out. You can also add in the social club on Verona Ave. in Newark too. As far as no OC stuff going on around Lincoln, If memory serves me correctly, one of the recent large scale gambling busts involved a few guys from the furniture store on Lincoln (now closed and operating as something else) as well as from Bloomfield Ave. Raccioppi's specifically. Many more guys busted but I think more OC stuff still going on around Lincoln Ave than is advertised.

You do realize there is a difference between a social club and a mafia social club...right?

Get this...there are even italian social clubs...that have nothing to do with the mob!

Amazing I know!

Re: Scoops Licata/Fresolone [Re: majicrat] #885445
06/14/16 08:53 PM
06/14/16 08:53 PM
D
DonCheech Offline
Button
DonCheech  Offline
D
Button
I remember that furniture store bust on Lincoln Ave...Im sure there are non OC social clubs about but to me logic would dictate that you're not running a gambling ring up the block from several social clubs without at least one of those clubs being somehow involved....I'm not an expert, just speculating like the rest of us.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull