GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,497
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,948
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,340
Posts1,058,938
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit #853735
07/31/15 08:14 AM
07/31/15 08:14 AM
M
mackinblack007 Offline OP
Capo
mackinblack007  Offline OP
M
Capo
Wacked right in the middle of Uncle Joes trial, talk about bad press, was somebody trying to get rid of him? follows the pattern od the Billy Veasey murder the day his brother was set to testify(Stanfa was done after that one), The murder of Anthony Turra right in the middle of his trail, so where they trying to make Uncle Joe,or even borgayzi look bad? who knows but no boss would let that happen in the middle of his trail.

l

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853749
07/31/15 01:29 PM
07/31/15 01:29 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
I think that grande and niccodemo had some dealings in drug world outside of the philly family and kind of went off the reservation and did this.... middle of day people around... biggest thing is how is niccodemo going to do the 30 years

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853750
07/31/15 01:34 PM
07/31/15 01:34 PM
PA
I
Itiswhatitis Offline
Made Member
Itiswhatitis  Offline
I
Made Member
PA
Though discussed many times on these posts, the whole incident makes little to no sense. Does anyone know the whereabouts of Grande allegedly when incident was taking place? Was he brought in for questioning? Nicodemo drugs in system at time of arrest? Is Grande financially taking care of Noel & kids?

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853753
07/31/15 02:14 PM
07/31/15 02:14 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: mackinblack007
Wacked right in the middle of Uncle Joes trial, talk about bad press, was somebody trying to get rid of him? follows the pattern od the Billy Veasey murder the day his brother was set to testify(Stanfa was done after that one), The murder of Anthony Turra right in the middle of his trail, so where they trying to make Uncle Joe,or even borgayzi look bad? who knows but no boss would let that happen in the middle of his trail.

l

That whole thing will make you crazy if you try to make any real sense out of it.
I have tried to figure out what went down and not one scenario makes sense to me.
Please someone with a good mind try to piece together that ...

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853756
07/31/15 02:46 PM
07/31/15 02:46 PM
Merica
NickyWhip Offline
Capo
NickyWhip  Offline
Capo
Merica
PURE SPECULATION - I don't know if this was said before, but it's possible that Grande wanted to settle something from his old days with the 10th and Oregon. And Tony Nics was simply along for the ride.

As for making the boss look bad and all that: Maybe they acted on impulse without any thought; just assumed they wouldn't get caught.

Bottom Line, maybe it had zero to do with the "family"

As for punishment, Nicodemo is in jail a long time. If Grande was involved, any punishment on him would be private so it didn't attarct more LE probing

Boss of tha toilet!
Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853757
07/31/15 02:55 PM
07/31/15 02:55 PM
PA
I
Itiswhatitis Offline
Made Member
Itiswhatitis  Offline
I
Made Member
PA
In own car, murder weapon left in vehicle, vehicle parked outside Tony's house, etc etc Though neither are rocket scientists, both have been involved in heavy work before. Why this time so extremely sloppy at every turn?

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: Serpiente] #853758
07/31/15 02:59 PM
07/31/15 02:59 PM
T
Themafia Offline
Made Member
Themafia  Offline
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: Serpiente

l

That whole thing will make you crazy if you try to make any real sense out of it.
I have tried to figure out what went down and not one scenario makes sense to me.

this is SCOTT BURNSTEIN theory of how and why it went down

http://gangsterreport.com/dipietro-hit-approved-could-be-rolled-into-philly-mob-rico/

i think it was okayed by steve and joey but i cant understand how it was so badly planned i mean its not like its nicdemeos first hit he was involved with the johnny cassanto and raymond muders so you would think maybes its a heat of the moment type thing but dom grande the shooter was wearing mask and was carrying a gun which makes you think maybe it was planned i really dont understand this

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: Themafia] #853760
07/31/15 03:17 PM
07/31/15 03:17 PM
ne philly
merlino Offline
jesus quintana
merlino  Offline
jesus quintana
Underboss
ne philly
Originally Posted By: Themafia

l

http://gangsterreport.com/dipietro-hit-approved-could-be-rolled-into-philly-mob-rico/

i think it was okayed by steve and joey but i cant understand how it was so badly planned i mean its not like its nicdemeos first hit he was involved with the johnny cassanto and raymond muders so you would think maybes its a heat of the moment type thing but dom grande the shooter was wearing mask and was carrying a gun which makes you think maybe it was planned i really dont understand this

Read that before and still do not understand maybe dont believe that they actually sat down and planned that out....niccodemo is relatively bright guy, he owns(ed) sveral properties in the area legitimately he ran a multi million dollar book out of the borgata.....

seems more like as stated above grande and niccodemo were all yaoed and up grande saw dipietro and said fuck this guy and shot him at 2 in the afternoon and then niccodemo maybe had no clue what was going down or to the extent drove away stunned, dropped grande off somwehere and police were at his house a few minutes later and if he sells out grande he sells out every single one of his friends and family that he had for life

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853762
07/31/15 04:01 PM
07/31/15 04:01 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
When I first herd all the details I immediately said setup !!
I never at any moment thought that he was involved .

Just could not wrap my head around that level of stupidity from guys that have done this and have planed this stuff even just in there head since they were young men...

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: merlino] #853764
07/31/15 04:17 PM
07/31/15 04:17 PM
P
PHL_Mob Offline
Capo
PHL_Mob  Offline
P
Capo
As was mentioned above, according to Scott Bernstein's sources for what it's worth apparently Joey and Steve Mazzone both met with Nicodemo and Grande on several occasions to approve and plan the hit. Furthermore, I agree with the fact that because they had a clear get away plan (sloppy but planned nonetheless) as well as a mask and gun I don't think it was a random shooting on a whim. Also, for what it's worth, in Leonetti's book he mentions in his commentary on the current landscape of the Philly Family that he thought it was all a ploy of the Merlino faction to keep Ligambi and those guys in the can as it is consistent with their plots in the past to do the same with Stanfa (Veasey) and Turra (Turra's father). I see this as being plausible however not totally buying just because I truly feel that Ligambi was fine with stepping aside once he wasn't needed as acting boss when merlino and the others were released and back on the streets hence it wouldn't be necessary to execute a hit to ensure that Ligambi would stay in jail. Furthermore, don't you think there would be more of a rift and bad blood between Ligambi, etc and Merlino if Ligambi truly felt that Merlino & Crew were trying to keep him in the can by orchestrating this hit during his trial? When it comes down to it though this hit makes so little sense on so many different levels that nothing really seems to make sense so who knows!

Last edited by PHL_Mob; 07/31/15 04:21 PM.
Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: merlino] #853766
07/31/15 04:27 PM
07/31/15 04:27 PM
T
Themafia Offline
Made Member
Themafia  Offline
T
Made Member
Originally Posted By: merlino
Originally Posted By: Themafia

l

Read that before and still do not understand maybe dont believe that they actually sat down and planned that out....niccodemo is relatively bright guy, he owns(ed) sveral properties in the area legitimately he ran a multi million dollar book out of the borgata.....

seems more like as stated above grande and niccodemo were all yaoed and up grande saw dipietro and said fuck this guy and shot him at 2 in the afternoon and then niccodemo maybe had no clue what was going down or to the extent drove away stunned, dropped grande off somwehere and police were at his house a few minutes later and if he sells out grande he sells out every single one of his friends and family that he had for life

yearh you probably right i dont think the hit itself was planned but i would not be surprised if some of these guys like mazzone wanted him dead dom grande and niccodemo met with steve the night before the hit and the feds want to charge merlino and mazzone swell according to scott which makes me think it might have been okayed but if steve mazzone and maybe merlinio did give the go ahead you would think it would be planned i mean this was cowboy shit it shows no signs of planning. If this was okayed joey and steve must be very worried about this and must be very annoyed with nicdemeo and dom grande. Uncle joe must have been really pissed of i can imagine angry discussions after the trial

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853767
07/31/15 04:31 PM
07/31/15 04:31 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
So Skinny" has the balls" to do this hit with uncle Joe hanging in the joint, and shoves" it in the face" of every FED that ever laid eyes on Skinny ..

If that's the case the feds" are looking to torch" him on a "RICO" so bad..

This I do know ,the picture of Eddie down Florida last year having a smoke with Skinny and his "wallet" ,part of that conversation was about a RICO and a big case coming at Skinny ,just don't know if it's this murder .

I do know Eddie was down there for a deposition that trip ....

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/31/15 04:34 PM.

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853769
07/31/15 04:36 PM
07/31/15 04:36 PM
new jersey
T
thebigfella Offline
Underboss
thebigfella  Offline
T
Underboss
new jersey
All merlino have to say is that he retired before he got out of prison and case closed...unless somebody snitch

"McGurn likes you, so I make you. So you are now one of us, if you fuck up, we take it out on McGurn. He is your sponsor. Fuck up, it's his ass. You work in his crew, he is your capo."
Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: thebigfella] #853773
07/31/15 04:42 PM
07/31/15 04:42 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thebigfella
All merlino have to say is that he retired before he got out of prison and case closed...unless somebody snitch

No doubt he did . I posted what I posted above last year(in a thread with that picture) when that photo was leaked or posted with them three in Florida.
But that's all I knew ,so that could be old news and it's just reaching us ,so Scott is that his name ? could be way way off...

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/31/15 04:45 PM.

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853774
07/31/15 04:49 PM
07/31/15 04:49 PM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
As far as those two being coked up and doing the hit on a whim???
Lets say they wanted to settle an old beef and they bolted home and haphazardly grabbed a gun and a ski mask then rushed over to the crime scene thinking they could clip him and take off...that would still be an unplanned and somewhat random hit. Also, everyone keeps bringing up Grande and perhaps he never had anything to do with it.
That sounds plausible to me.

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853777
07/31/15 05:07 PM
07/31/15 05:07 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
+1 Crash.

Bullshit that Uncle Joe or Skinny ok'd or this was planned.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853778
07/31/15 05:09 PM
07/31/15 05:09 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
I really don't buy the kill while ligambi is in jail conspiracy. Makes zero sense, and if ligambi sniffdd it out, he could have potentially flipped and brought down the enite thing. Plus, he seemed to acknowledge Merlino as boss so why bother?

Last edited by mightyhealthy; 07/31/15 05:35 PM.
Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853794
07/31/15 07:22 PM
07/31/15 07:22 PM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
The whole thing is crazy !

But one of two things went down.

1 It was ordered

2 Philly is so fucked up that a couple soldiers can walk around and shoot and kill people(on there own) that are connected to the family and get everyone in trouble.

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853801
07/31/15 07:37 PM
07/31/15 07:37 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
sounds like they were high on coke or meth when they did the hit

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853802
07/31/15 07:39 PM
07/31/15 07:39 PM
CT
M
mightyhealthy Offline
Underboss
mightyhealthy  Offline
M
Underboss
CT
Yea I'd say second is most likely. Or they asked for permission and got it from Skinny who thought two things:

1. He was far enough removed that he wasn't be a suspect.

2. If would signify he is back and they aren't fucking around anymore. We know he loves intimidation.

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853824
07/31/15 11:32 PM
07/31/15 11:32 PM
C
Crash Offline
Capo
Crash  Offline
C
Capo
Are either of these two guys known for doing coke or meth ?

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: Serpiente] #853829
08/01/15 12:28 AM
08/01/15 12:28 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
1 It was ordered

'Ordering' supposes planning.

If it was ordered then Nicodemo and 'Grande' 'planned' to use Nicodemo's car and 'planned' to leave the murder weapon in it.
Two blocks from the hit.

Now, whats more likely?

The above scenario or a spur of the moment hit?

I think the answer is reasonably obvious.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #853842
08/01/15 06:27 AM
08/01/15 06:27 AM
T
Themafia Offline
Made Member
Themafia  Offline
T
Made Member
I don't know but scott said on his site that Steve mazzone met with Dom grande and nicedemeo the night before the hit and the feds were trying to bring Joey into the murder. That's why I think it was given the go ahead but these two maybe it was arrogrance or stupidity thought they could get away with it Dom grande had a gun and a mask with him that's why I am unsure if it was a just spur of the moment type thing. When the cops got to his house he was panting and the cops said he looked like he ran a marathon.

Still steve must have been angry this brought a lot of heat and Joe ligambi must have been going nuts

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: Crash] #853844
08/01/15 07:17 AM
08/01/15 07:17 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
Originally Posted By: Crash
Are either of these two guys known for doing coke or meth ?

Well, Dominic Grande came up with the 10th and O crew as a young man before he swayed over to Philly LCN (went under Anthony Nicodemo and got schooled by him) and eventually got made. The 10th and O crew is HEAVILY involved in narcotics. Where there is smoke, there is fire. You guys can come to your own conclusions...

Last edited by DanteMoltisanti; 08/01/15 07:19 AM.
Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853845
08/01/15 07:22 AM
08/01/15 07:22 AM
The Jersey Shore
D
DanteMoltisanti Offline
Underboss
DanteMoltisanti  Offline
D
Underboss
The Jersey Shore
I personally believe that Tony Nicks felt untouchable after successfully pulling off the Johnny Gongs and Long John hits. Its like how serial killers get caught, they eventually feel arrogant, untouchable, and smarter than the police. This leads to sloppiness and BOLD murders. The cops always eventually catch serial killers due to them eventually making BOLD murders. That is my theory....

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: SonnyBlackstein] #853848
08/01/15 08:29 AM
08/01/15 08:29 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
1 It was ordered

'Ordering' supposes planning.

If it was ordered then Nicodemo and 'Grande' 'planned' to use Nicodemo's car and 'planned' to leave the murder weapon in it.
Two blocks from the hit.

Now, whats more likely?

The above scenario or a spur of the moment hit?

I think the answer is reasonably obvious.

So you are saying # 2 ?

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853849
08/01/15 09:06 AM
08/01/15 09:06 AM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Correct

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853850
08/01/15 09:16 AM
08/01/15 09:16 AM
Serpiente Offline
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline
Underboss
Crazy Philly Sonny !

Dante brings a good point about T Nicks feeling a little too bold .
But I can not see him knowing how Philly still kills the guys they want out .
He and Dom know how treacherous Skinny can be.

I mean the guy that kept the seat warm, and did not let the whole thing fall apart, like it was headed when Skinny went away.Uncle Joe was hanging in the can ,and Skinny gives the go-ahead !

Last edited by Serpiente; 08/01/15 09:17 AM.

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: Serpiente] #853852
08/01/15 10:08 AM
08/01/15 10:08 AM
T
Themafia Offline
Made Member
Themafia  Offline
T
Made Member
Crazy Philly Sonny !

Dante brings a good point about T Nicks feeling a little too bold .
But I can not see him knowing how Philly still kills the guys they want out .
He and Dom know how treacherous Skinny can be.

I mean the guy that kept the seat warm, and did not let the whole thing fall apart, like it was headed when Skinny went away.Uncle Joe was hanging in the can ,and Skinny gives the go-ahead !

True I agree with that I think skinny gave the go ahead scott said he gave the green light at his father's funeral. I just think it was mucked up by these two still not sure how there planning was so bad I think like the others said that nicdemeo felt he was invincible. Still gino must have known staying in Philly was a bad idea everyone knew he was a rat

Re: The curious timing of Gino DiPietro hit [Re: mackinblack007] #853853
08/01/15 10:58 AM
08/01/15 10:58 AM
S
SinatraClub Offline
Underboss
SinatraClub  Offline
S
Underboss
Nicodemo is pure CN from all we've heard about him. I just cant see him, coked up or not participating in some random murder. Who was Gino connected to? Who'd he come up around? Remember the old Scarfo adage of sending a message and just leaving a body in the street, especially when it came to informants? Shit is weird as hell, but still seems a bit plausible that someone wanted it to go down exactly how it did. I just don't see an explanation for leaving the murder weapon and mask in his car. If he had the ingenuity to mask up in that situation and get Grande the fuck outta dodge, he clearly wasn't that far gone. Shit is weird for sure.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 08/01/15 11:02 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull