GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 290 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,493
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,930
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,337
Posts1,058,848
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
guns are not the problem #852871
07/24/15 04:07 PM
07/24/15 04:07 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
there has been a rash of shooting lately but, its not the fault of the guns, its the kids who are sick, they seem to think they are in a video game.

unable to see the difference between reality and fantasy.
its to the point where if Hillary gets elected she will try her best to collect the guns.

nothing should get in the way of the 2nd amendment.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852873
07/24/15 04:36 PM
07/24/15 04:36 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Obama said that not being able to pass more restrictive gun control laws are his biggest frustration:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-33646704

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852874
07/24/15 04:43 PM
07/24/15 04:43 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Some major issues going on behind these random killings, but more complex than our society is ready to discuss.

The availability of guns plays a role but it's an issue about how violent the world has gotten.And about all of these individuals making a conscious decision to shoot innocent people.

Americans legally being able to possess guns is NOT the issue though, I agree Binnie.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: getthesenets] #852876
07/24/15 05:06 PM
07/24/15 05:06 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Some major issues going on behind these random killings, but more complex than our society is ready to discuss.

The availability of guns plays a role but it's an issue about how violent the world has gotten.And about all of these individuals making a conscious decision to shoot innocent people.

Americans legally being able to possess guns is NOT the issue though, I agree Binnie.

very,very well said gets, however the issues you are concerned about are I think too complex to have a real serious discourse on.

its mental health issues with a younger generation, and is there an answer?

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Faithful1] #852877
07/24/15 05:11 PM
07/24/15 05:11 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Obama said that not being able to pass more restrictive gun control laws are his biggest frustration:

faithful, stricter gun laws are not the answer, adam lanza stole his mothers guns, its not the guns, its the mindset of a younger generation.

the younger generation is weaned on violence, they see countless wars we are involved in, and video games are extremely violent. and they are hooked on them.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852878
07/24/15 05:22 PM
07/24/15 05:22 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

faithful, stricter gun laws are not the answer, adam lanza stole his mothers guns, its not the guns, its the mindset of a younger generation.

the younger generation is weaned on violence, they see countless wars we are involved in, and video games are extremely violent. and they are hooked on them.

We're talking about the same games and movies that people around the world play and watch. Right?

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852879
07/24/15 05:23 PM
07/24/15 05:23 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

very,very well said gets, however the issues you are concerned about are I think too complex to have a real serious discourse on.

its mental health issues with a younger generation, and is there an answer?

Funny, remember when right-wingers claimed the racist Charleston shooter was "mentally-ill" initially?

Also, note the alleged shooter waved a Confederate flag at his household.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852882
07/24/15 05:56 PM
07/24/15 05:56 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
yes, you brought up a couple of good points, there is no denying that he was racist, or that he was or was not mentally ill, it seems funny to me that this fanatisim came on him so quickly.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852883
07/24/15 06:00 PM
07/24/15 06:00 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
Blaming "guns," not the psychos who shouldn't have them, or the careless incompetents who leave them lying around, is the equivalent of blaming "cars" for all the fatal accidents that are caused by careless, drunk or incompetent drivers.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852886
07/24/15 06:39 PM
07/24/15 06:39 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
well said turnbull, if these people who are content on killing,could not get a gun, then they would use explosives, or chemicals to kill people. as I stated before its the mindset of these murderers.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852889
07/24/15 06:58 PM
07/24/15 06:58 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Binnie, I really think the issue is mental health. The problem here is that whenever one of these kooks rears their ugly heads, they usually kill themselves, thus not giving the scientific community a chance to study their brain dysfunction.

The trick is to capture one of these kooks, preferably before they kill, identify their illness, then screen for it in the general population.

Then...

adjust gun laws accordingly.

That translates to "anyone diagnosed with xyz condition is banned from owning or handling a firearm", period.

It's as simple as that.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852890
07/24/15 07:02 PM
07/24/15 07:02 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Capturing a kook before they kill is quite easy. You see, they always give off these loud warnings before they go off. Therefore locating a potential mass shooter who is stockpiling weapons and making threats or posting ominous nonsense on the internet is far from impossible. Society has actually missed opportunity after opportunity to capture and study these creatures.

Now here is where the counter intuitive solution arises...

The legislation needed is not primarily gun legislation...it is mental health legislation that permits authorities to place someone under arrest and observation in a hospital setting to diagnose them.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."
Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852891
07/24/15 07:14 PM
07/24/15 07:14 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Binnie, I was just posting Obama's comment, not that I agreed with him.

Alfa, the man who shot up the theater in Louisiana yesterday was reportedly bipolar. I've worked with mentally ill people before, and the psychotic ones, especially paranoid schizophrenics and people with bipolar disorder in the manic state, should not be around weapons. The problems usually occur because they don't believe they have mental illnesses and refuse their meds. However, that wouldn't have stopped the killer in Sandy Hook, Connecticut, who shot up an elementary school, Adam Lanza, since he only had Asperger's Syndrome, evidently an extreme form of it. So this fix wouldn't be all that cut and dried.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Faithful1] #852893
07/24/15 07:28 PM
07/24/15 07:28 PM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Binnie, I was just posting Obama's comment, not that I agreed with him.

Alfa, the man who shot up the theater in Louisiana yesterday was reportedly bipolar. I've worked with mentally ill people before, and the psychotic ones, especially paranoid schizophrenics and people with bipolar disorder in the manic state, should not be around weapons. The problems usually occur because they don't believe they have mental illnesses and refuse their meds. However, that wouldn't have stopped the killer in Sandy Hook, Connecticut, who shot up an elementary school, Adam Lanza, since he only had Asperger's Syndrome, evidently an extreme form of it. So this fix wouldn't be all that cut and dried.

Alright but you just named the solution in the Sandy Hook case...ban everyone with Aspergers from guns.

That is it. Ban them period.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852911
07/24/15 09:42 PM
07/24/15 09:42 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Very few people with Aspergers are dangerous. The criminals who regularly kill other people tend not to have mental illnesses of any kind. They're just evil. We already have laws banning convicted felons from getting guns, the problem is they get them illegally, so banning everything isn't the answer.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852912
07/24/15 09:46 PM
07/24/15 09:46 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
faithful. alfa, I think we all know that mental health is a touchy issue, the reason being, judging a person on the basis of a crime he may commit.

as mental imbalance has a wide interpretation. almost anyone at any particular time can have anger issues, as road rage.

can you ban someone from owing a gun based on a chance he may commit road rage?

is it legal to arrest someone or deny them a weapon based on what they might do?

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852913
07/24/15 09:53 PM
07/24/15 09:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Forty years ago, he was MEANT to sound crazy. Today, I'm not so sure:

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #852915
07/24/15 10:22 PM
07/24/15 10:22 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
faithful. alfa, I think we all know that mental health is a touchy issue, the reason being, judging a person on the basis of a crime he may commit.

as mental imbalance has a wide interpretation. almost anyone at any particular time can have anger issues, as road rage.

is it legal to arrest someone or deny them a weapon based on what they might do?

You can only do that in fiction, like Minority Report. In real life it's different.

What I think would decrease shootings is to deal with them where they happen most often: in inner cities. Find the good, law-abiding people, organize them, arm them and train them, then deputize them. Get the people who actually live in the communities involved. Remember, gun control restrictions in this country were put in place to keep blacks from using them in the Jim Crow South.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Faithful1] #852921
07/24/15 10:33 PM
07/24/15 10:33 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest

You can only do that in fiction, like Minority Report. In real life it's different.

What I think would decrease shootings is to deal with them where they happen most often: in inner cities. Find the good, law-abiding people, organize them, arm them and train them, then deputize them. Get the people who actually live in the communities involved. Remember, gun control restrictions in this country were put in place to keep blacks from using them in the Jim Crow South.

good post, I think you may be on to a solution, I think you may agree with me that something must be done.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: pizzaboy] #852924
07/24/15 10:38 PM
07/24/15 10:38 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Forty years ago, he was MEANT to sound crazy. Today, I'm not so sure:

disarming a country is never a solution, and Hillary is more anti- gun than she will ever let on.

I cannot think of another person whom the media gives a pass.and that to me is scary, the press never holds her accountable, and that to me indicates her real agenda is hidden from the people.

I truly mean it when I say "god help us" if the dog is elected.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #853095
07/26/15 03:01 AM
07/26/15 03:01 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss

The question I would pose is, why in the world would we allow someone diagnosed with Asperger's to have a legal gun? Look up what the symptoms of that disease are and tell me with a straight face that someone in that condition can even aim a gun.

The old joke about having aim so bad that they shoot at the ground and miss applies here.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #853214
07/27/15 02:42 PM
07/27/15 02:42 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
america loves their guns

people could still get guns if they stopped legally selling them for 10 years

they're more guns than people

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #853221
07/27/15 04:14 PM
07/27/15 04:14 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
yes, cook they estimate there are over 200 million guns in America, that they know of- millions that they don't know of.

gun show purchases from an individual are not counted because no record has to be kept, because private sales are legal, without any paper work.

also, no records at all were kept before 1968. when the government started to have a buyer fill out the yellow sheet 4473 form.

millions of guns were sold without any paperwork, prior to 1968. and at gun shows as we speak.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #853286
07/27/15 11:09 PM
07/27/15 11:09 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
also, no records at all were kept before 1968.

That same 1968 Gun Control Act also prohibited interstate sales of guns via mail order except for holders of Federal Firearms Licenses. You can get one, but a friend who has one says it doesn't pay, except if you trade a lot of firearms each year.

You can buy a firearm online, but you have to pick it up from a licensed gun dealer in your state, and pay that dealer a fee.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: cookcounty] #853293
07/28/15 01:30 AM
07/28/15 01:30 AM
Alfa Romeo Offline
Underboss
Alfa Romeo  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
america loves their guns

people could still get guns if they stopped legally selling them for 10 years

they're more guns than people

The kid that shot up Sandy Hook didn't have the brain power to go out and get his own guns. His mom supplied the armaments. What happened in Sandy Hook was completely and totally unnecessary.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Turnbull] #853515
07/29/15 03:03 PM
07/29/15 03:03 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline OP
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline OP
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
also, no records at all were kept before 1968.

That same 1968 Gun Control Act also prohibited interstate sales of guns via mail order except for holders of Federal Firearms Licenses. You can get one, but a friend who has one says it doesn't pay, except if you trade a lot of firearms each year.

You can buy a firearm online, but you have to pick it up from a licensed gun dealer in your state, and pay that dealer a fee.

when I worked in a pawn shop selling guns, we had an FFL,prior to Clinton anyone could get them, with Clinton you had to have a store front.

also you were required to keep a record of all gun sales by the buyer filling out a 4473 form, the form stayed with the shop.

also while I was selling guns the BATF would come in and inspect your books, I was inspected, before Clinton they hardly came around [theBATF], when the Clintons were in, the BATF inspected constandly.

Hillary was behind all the gun laws, she was sponsoring sarah brady. [the gun grabber] if Hillary is elected hide your guns.

Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #853678
07/30/15 04:53 PM
07/30/15 04:53 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
People like Obama want to remove all guns from people also know where everyone is who owns a gun.

So the country can not revolt against them. Do what we say or you will not have access to food. Or be put in a retraining area.

No one would own anything if people who run Obama had their way. Everyone will need the government for everything.

only the unloved hate
Re: guns are not the problem [Re: Binnie_Coll] #853712
07/30/15 10:53 PM
07/30/15 10:53 PM
Where ever needed.
DuesPaid Offline
Banned
DuesPaid  Offline
Banned

Where ever needed.
The first step to Socialism is taking away ones rights to bear arms.

Be Loyal, Be Loving, Be Quiet.
Re: guns are not the problem [Re: DuesPaid] #853718
07/30/15 11:14 PM
07/30/15 11:14 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
If Clinton is elected, there will be another panic like the two that occurred after Obama was elected and re-elected: another run on guns and ammo that will result in months- or years-long shortages and price increases. Although Obama is anti-gun, even he had enough common sense not to move on anti-gun legislation until after the Sandy Hook tragedy. And, of course, that move was defeated.

For 5,000 years, gold was the standard of wealth. In the 1970's, it was petroleum. Today it's .22 caliber ammo. wink

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull