GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 291 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,673
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: Neo] #852747
07/23/15 08:53 PM
07/23/15 08:53 PM
It's cold in the north
P
Primo Offline
Capo
Primo  Offline
P
Capo
It's cold in the north
My one thing is on Detroit. I read that it has had compared to many other places in the u.s a high influx of Sicilian immigrants in recent times. Could this add anything to the lcn element there ? Or are they to close knit to let in new people. For example the recent restaurant owner attack case. The victim and mafioso were both originally from sicily.

Last edited by Primo; 07/23/15 08:55 PM.

I've walked along the red canal of mars
I've known kings and king makers
Poets painters and paupers
I've danced danced on the rings of Saturn
Still your pilgrim soul is the only thing that ever mattered
Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: IvyLeague] #852798
07/24/15 03:02 AM
07/24/15 03:02 AM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Cook thats interesting I didnt know that about Solly d which is who I assume you're talking about..so he still has a crew as boss thats pretty unique but im sure another more informed poster like ivy can shed light on past occurrences...cook do u have more on this crew? Turf members etc.

cook is basing his statements off a couple blog posts that talk about DeLaurentis and a "Lake County Crew." There's really been nothing to a suggest a new crew - like the 4 ones mentioned by the feds during "Family Secrets" - has just appeared out of thin air. DeLaurentis was always active in that area, even before he went to prison. But he's likely part of the same crew he's always been. The confusion probably comes down to semantics. A "crew" of guys (Carpelli, Dziuban, Orlando, Iozzo, etc.), who allegedly worked for DeLaurentis, were busted but it's not like we're talking about a new, formally established crew within the Outfit structure like we would the Elmwood Park Crew or the Melrose Park Crew. It would be more accurate to say these guys were associates of the crew DeLaurentis is a member of.

Quote:
Mulberry- good point about Chi having a lot of powerful non Italian associates totally forgot about that point and historically with that fam has alwYs had Lota powerful associates. My point is that even if yours and ivys numbers are correct( and I think low but jusf a guess) to compare them to phi or NE just bc of alleged member count isnt completely fair..I mean their last big hit from LE was fam secrets in what 07? They have always been very connected to unions and corrupt officials..my admitted limited mob insight always thought outside of NY they were and are most powerful..with how corrupt IL is and their quiet under the radar nature theyre sti quite powerful..again just my humbling limited fact based.opinion

Well, there not "my" figures. They come from the FBI. Though I agree that looking at the 28 members cited back in 2007 alone isn't the best way to judge the Outfit.

Also, I'm not sure if you're referring to the "Family Secrets" case, which actually came down in 2005, but there's been other cases since them. For example, you had the Sarno case in 2009, Rudy Fratto busted in 2009 and 2010, the Carpelli bust in 2013, and the Koroluk/Panozzo bust in 2014.

chicago has always operated in lake county, go look at the "fbi" chart from 1957

the chicago mob has business contracts in the city of chicago but not much territory

the fbi said was ferriola was boss, and they have wiretaps that prove otherwise (family secrets)

marcello called ferriola and infelice to meet the "doctor", then carlisi is at the meeting

Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: IvyLeague] #852824
07/24/15 10:26 AM
07/24/15 10:26 AM
M
M_Martino Offline
Button
M_Martino  Offline
M
Button
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Cook thats interesting I didnt know that about Solly d which is who I assume you're talking about..so he still has a crew as boss thats pretty unique but im sure another more informed poster like ivy can shed light on past occurrences...cook do u have more on this crew? Turf members etc.

cook is basing his statements off a couple blog posts that talk about DeLaurentis and a "Lake County Crew." There's really been nothing to a suggest a new crew - like the 4 ones mentioned by the feds during "Family Secrets" - has just appeared out of thin air. DeLaurentis was always active in that area, even before he went to prison. But he's likely part of the same crew he's always been. The confusion probably comes down to semantics. A "crew" of guys (Carpelli, Dziuban, Orlando, Iozzo, etc.), who allegedly worked for DeLaurentis, were busted but it's not like we're talking about a new, formally established crew within the Outfit structure like we would the Elmwood Park Crew or the Melrose Park Crew. It would be more accurate to say these guys were associates of the crew DeLaurentis is a member of.

Quote:
Mulberry- good point about Chi having a lot of powerful non Italian associates totally forgot about that point and historically with that fam has alwYs had Lota powerful associates. My point is that even if yours and ivys numbers are correct( and I think low but jusf a guess) to compare them to phi or NE just bc of alleged member count isnt completely fair..I mean their last big hit from LE was fam secrets in what 07? They have always been very connected to unions and corrupt officials..my admitted limited mob insight always thought outside of NY they were and are most powerful..with how corrupt IL is and their quiet under the radar nature theyre sti quite powerful..again just my humbling limited fact based.opinion

Well, there not "my" figures. They come from the FBI. Though I agree that looking at the 28 members cited back in 2007 alone isn't the best way to judge the Outfit.

Also, I'm not sure if you're referring to the "Family Secrets" case, which actually came down in 2005, but there's been other cases since them. For example, you had the Sarno case in 2009, Rudy Fratto busted in 2009 and 2010, the Carpelli bust in 2013, and the Koroluk/Panozzo bust in 2014.

There is also that Mandell case involving the plot to kill Anthony Quaranta. The Panozzo case was suprising to me. Knocking over Cartel stash houses is ballsy. Those two cases changed my preception about the present day Outfit. They appear more active than I had originally thought. I'd say they are on par with NE and Philly in terms of men and slightly more influential.

Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: Primo] #853092
07/26/15 02:17 AM
07/26/15 02:17 AM
M
mulberry Offline
Underboss
mulberry  Offline
M
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Primo
My one thing is on Detroit. I read that it has had compared to many other places in the u.s a high influx of Sicilian immigrants in recent times. Could this add anything to the lcn element there ? Or are they to close knit to let in new people. For example the recent restaurant owner attack case. The victim and mafioso were both originally from sicily.

Detroit has always been connected by blood. I doubt they would bring in Zips to their family unless it was by marriage. They are mostly senior citizens now and seem content with their books

Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: pizzaboy] #853105
07/26/15 08:04 AM
07/26/15 08:04 AM
Australia
M
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica Offline
Mickey Meatballs
Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica  Offline
Mickey Meatballs
M
Underboss
Australia
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Mark
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: eggplant
The Boise Idaho family may be the strongest in the nation.

Frankie Potatoes is the smartest boss. There's no doubt about that.

I couldn't disagree with you more, pizzaboy. Respectfully, of course.

Everybody knows that Spuds Santoro was way superior to Frankie.

Spuds had eyes on everybody. Nothing got past him.

LMFAO. I almost went with spuds instead of potatoes. I swear to God lol lol lol.

I lol'd. grin

I know you guys are talking about the States, but Calabrian N'Drine continue to proliferate around the world. Especially in my part of the world.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-06/ca...rations/6596192

(cough.)
Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: Neo] #853131
07/26/15 02:12 PM
07/26/15 02:12 PM
T
Tandem Offline
Wiseguy
Tandem  Offline
T
Wiseguy
Ivy, very informative break down. Question for you: Aside from the numerical state of the family, how does the Philly family actually fair? I've seen so many posts about how they are a joke etc.... and it seems they have been plagued by 'bad' bosses i.e. Scarfo, Merlino. So what is really the deal with Philly? Legitimate, or not?

Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: Tandem] #853132
07/26/15 02:36 PM
07/26/15 02:36 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Tandem
Ivy, very informative break down. Question for you: Aside from the numerical state of the family, how does the Philly family actually fair? I've seen so many posts about how they are a joke etc.... and it seems they have been plagued by 'bad' bosses i.e. Scarfo, Merlino. So what is really the deal with Philly? Legitimate, or not?

Well they are one of only a few remaining families outside NY. Thats saying something in 2015. You can attribute that to them being in the Northeast as much as anything. In fact, they are probably one of the best examples of how an LCN family can weather repeated indictments, rats, and infighting if it has enough of a recruiting pool to stave off attrition. Anyway, they certainly do meet the criteria for a viable family - they still have a hierarchical structure and ongoing activity, although as I've said, they are basically a street operation at this point.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: Neo] #855478
08/11/15 09:30 PM
08/11/15 09:30 PM
D
donplugconnected Offline
Made Member
donplugconnected  Offline
D
Made Member
why is the outfit so low on the list?

ma tongue hold life my belt hold death.
make em bite the dust when they hit the floor.
4-5 to there chest us folk from gangsterbb aint playing.
we smoke everyone in this b word like a hookah now.
stupid steve hit the corner shooting.
Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: M_Martino] #855525
08/12/15 01:21 AM
08/12/15 01:21 AM
Orange County, CA
Nicholas Offline
Underboss
Nicholas  Offline
Underboss
Orange County, CA
Originally Posted By: M_Martino

There is also that Mandell case involving the plot to kill Anthony Quaranta. The Panozzo case was suprising to me. Knocking over Cartel stash houses is ballsy. Those two cases changed my preception about the present day Outfit. They appear more active than I had originally thought. I'd say they are on par with NE and Philly in terms of men and slightly more influential.

Where did any of the indictments or journalist writings say that they were knowingly hitting cartel stash houses?

Found this article interesting from Jan. 2014, extortion beef it looks like into a strip club:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-...-steven-mandell

The Panozzo arrests seem more steeped in garden variety home invasions.

"The Feds are a business Anthony, millions of tax dollars are invested in watching your ass, sooner or later, just like you, their gonna want a return on their investment." --- Neil Mink, Tony Soprano's lawyer
Re: Strongest families outside of New York [Re: Nicholas] #855610
08/12/15 03:06 PM
08/12/15 03:06 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: Nicholas

Where did any of the indictments or journalist writings say that they were knowingly hitting cartel stash houses?

The Panozzo arrests seem more steeped in garden variety home invasions.

Prosecutors: Outfit street crew posed as cops to rob drug stash houses
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local...0719-story.html

The investigation also revealed that the members of the P-K street crew routinely obtained information from Chicago street gang members to determine the location and contents of drug cartel stash houses. The P-K street crew members would then utilize high tech equipment, such as video surveillance and GPS trackers placed on the cars of drug dealers, to determine the location of the stash house. Once the location was obtained, P-K street crew members would then enter the houses, posing as police officers and steal large quantities of contraband including drugs and other items.
http://www.statesattorney.org/press_RackeeteringOperationChargesAnnounced.html

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull