GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TheKillingJoke), 307 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,467
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,285
Hollander 23,892
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,512
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,327
Posts1,058,680
Members10,349
Most Online796
Jan 21st, 2020
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"Quiet Dom " #850915
07/11/15 03:23 PM
07/11/15 03:23 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
Dom and many of the older westside guys just have it right.
I don't think it's whats in the bank,I don't think it's the size of the house you are in.
It is undoubtedly the man and the way he carries his self.

You hardly ever seen a guy like him being a asshole ,that guy would be in the big house driving a Aston Martin or a Maserati..

Cackling like a banty Rooster.

I love this," "I just love this."
Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850916
07/11/15 03:25 PM
07/11/15 03:25 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
And Pmac you are going to give up all his hiding (cash ) spots lol

I say it's in his favorite niece's shed !!!

Last edited by Serpiente; 07/11/15 03:30 PM.

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850917
07/11/15 03:26 PM
07/11/15 03:26 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
A partial copy and paste or what I posted in a thread that I'm no longer posting in.

The guys who live modest lifestyles in the Genovese Family---even the millionaires---outnumber the guys who "live it up" by ten to one. That's how they groom their guys. Cirillo is the standard, the other guys you mentioned are exceptions.

How about Ernie? Lives right around the block in Locust Point. He's about the heaviest Westsider in the Bronx right now. Small house. Same deal as Dom. How about Benny Eggs, even though he's retired? Made millions, lived like any other old man downtown. Or Joe Sass? Or Ross? Or Al G? Or Louie D? Or Sammy and his kid? Or Ralphie B? Or Fritzy? Or Rom and Tony? How about any of them? A few of them live very comfortably, but they don't show off. But you wouldn't know any of that from, New Zealand, is it?

And for the record, Barney doesn't "live it up." His home was decorated beautifully on the inside but it was modest on the outside. And the furnishings were his wife's doing, God rest her soul. His condo in Bal Harbour was gorgeous, but so what? That's Florida. A million down there will buy you a palace. And since his wife passed away, the guy could go live in a studio apartment and it wouldn't bother him a bit. But he's very close to his adult kids and grandkids, so he kept the house in Westchester.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850919
07/11/15 03:27 PM
07/11/15 03:27 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
With out saying anything out of line who is still active of the guys that were comming up with Dom and Chin ?

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850920
07/11/15 03:32 PM
07/11/15 03:32 PM
SonnyBlackstein Offline
Underboss
SonnyBlackstein  Offline
Underboss
Anyone have any deets on the current status of the 116th street crew?
How many buttons? Associates (ballpark)? Locations (clubs etc)? Current acting/official?

Cheers

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.
Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: pizzaboy] #850921
07/11/15 03:34 PM
07/11/15 03:34 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
A partial copy and paste or what I posted in a thread that I'm no longer posting in.

The guys who live modest lifestyles in the Genovese Family---even the millionaires---outnumber the guys who "live it up" by ten to one. That's how they groom their guys. Cirillo is the standard, the other guys you mentioned are exceptions.

How about Ernie? Lives right around the block in Locust Point. He's about the heaviest Westsider in the Bronx right now. Small house. Same deal as Dom. How about Benny Eggs, even though he's retired? Made millions, lived like any other old man downtown. Or Joe Sass? Or Ross? Or Al G? Or Louie D? Or Sammy and his kid? Or Ralphie B? Or Fritzy? Or Rom and Tony? How about any of them? A few of them live very comfortably, but they don't show off. But you wouldn't know any of that from, New Zealand, is it?

And for the record, Barney doesn't "live it up." His home was decorated beautifully on the inside but it was modest on the outside. And the furnishings were his wife's doing, God rest her soul. His condo in Bal Harbour was gorgeous, but so what? That's Florida. A million down there will buy you a palace. And since his wife passed away, the guy could go live in a studio apartment and it wouldn't bother him a bit. But he's very close to his adult kids and grandkids, so he kept the house in Westchester.

True that with the second homes nicer then the first.
They just have class not" to go and add 3000sq ft on there house they have been in for years .
It is just being a good neighbor type thing...

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850925
07/11/15 03:38 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
Sonny we only have a few guys that are able to know that info.

And I love when they let some news out !

I just don't understand how the other families do not get it.
If I was in the life I would do with much much less to run my stuff like them..

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850926
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Serpiente
With out saying anything out of line who is still active of the guys that were comming up with Dom and Chin ?

Two or three are semi-active. And by semi-active, I usually mean the same thing. An old shy book that one of the guys you groomed makes sure you get paid from every week. It's only right. You taught them, they take care of you in your old age. It's like a street version of Social Security.

Or in the case of QD and maybe one other guy, it might include a small trucking company or two truck garbage route in North Jersey or Rockland County.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: pizzaboy] #850927
07/11/15 03:41 PM
07/11/15 03:41 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss

Two or three are semi-active. And by semi-active, I usually mean the same thing. An old shy book that one of the guys you groomed makes sure you get paid from every week. It's only right. You taught them, they take care of you in your old age. It's like a street version of Social Security.

Or in the case of QD and maybe one other guy, it might include a small trucking company or two truck garbage route in North Jersey or Rockland County.

Understood and the family still does it on the quiet way !
So with out a doubt the young guys did learn from the old,with out that time you clearly have a mess that we see in many areas of families.

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850932
07/11/15 03:49 PM
07/11/15 03:49 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Understood and the family still does it on the quiet way !
So with out a doubt the young guys did learn from the old,with out that time you clearly have a mess that we see in many areas of families.

That's what it's all about. Grooming. It takes YEARS. Greg DePalma was gonna propose a Cuban FBI agent that he knew for less than two years. Now, that's not a shot at the Gambinos as a whole, just an example.

If you're not a legacy with the Westside (born to it, and most Westsiders push their kids away from the life anyway), you can expect AT LEAST a ten year "residency" before you get your patch.

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850934
07/11/15 03:52 PM
07/11/15 03:52 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
The story of the son's disappearance is a very strange thing .Then to never know who really did it cos I would think that that person or persons would not be walking around.

I did read online about what L/E story is and there is one major thing that makes it bull !

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: pizzaboy] #850935
07/11/15 03:53 PM
07/11/15 03:53 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Our friend "Downtown" just mentioned this in the other, less reputable thread about him. But modest lifestyle aside, Dom was a Hell of a dresser, and one of very few Westsiders who was always dressed to the nines. And I'm talking YEARS before Gotti (the anti-QD) made the cover of Time magazine.

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: pizzaboy] #850937
07/11/15 03:57 PM
07/11/15 03:57 PM
P
pastramionrye Offline
Wiseguy
pastramionrye  Offline
P
Wiseguy
Our friend "Downtown" just mentioned this in the other, less reputable thread about him. But modest lifestyle aside, Dom was a Hell of a dresser, and one of very few Westsiders who was always dressed to the nines. And I'm talking YEARS before Gotti (the anti-QD) made the cover of Time magazine.

I remember that issue, he even had it hanging up at the Ravenite...what a jerkoff

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850939
07/11/15 04:11 PM
07/11/15 04:11 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
No doubt , I know you can not say the two words together but Philly family and Westside, the only reason why Philly is a family today is because the strong blood family ties to the under world and the dislike of outsiders, other wise that family would be long gone...

And that DePalma was always a problem ,but someone is responsible for covering and bring him along ....wonder if that guy or guys are still alive ...

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850942
07/11/15 04:25 PM
07/11/15 04:25 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
And that DePalma was always a problem ,but someone is responsible for covering and bring him along ....wonder if that guy or guys are still alive ...

Greg was up Tony Baker's ass for years. Tony had a club in Harlem. Greg thought he would inherit the crew. He thought wrong.

If he didn't owe so much money after the Westchester Premiere Theatre thing he may have never gotten made. If you owe them enough, sometimes they'll put you on the record just to protect you from the other families. In Greg's case, he ended up with the button.

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850943
07/11/15 04:28 PM
07/11/15 04:28 PM
In exile watching star wars an...
S
Skinny Offline
X
Skinny  Offline
X
S
Underboss
In exile watching star wars an...
I will say that ernies house is a lot smaller than i wouldve thought compared to a guy like barney or dannys. if you want to see a westside guy with a lot of flash go look at allies house on the hill in si. or ninnys house on the shore, looks like a castle... Carmine sciandra lives pretty close to allie in si, drives a maserati... Then again at least its not a rolls like ally persico or lobardozzi had back in the day. Cali's got a fucking mansion on the hill too now that i think about it. there was some asshole on ave x in Brooklyn that had a bentley... cant think of the guy, you could see it outside that shack that passed itself off as a cafe on McDonald ave too. maybe craig marino??? fuck my memory is going, I had a pitcher of dos aquis for lunch so that probably isn't helping lol.

pizz, hope you're feeling better today buddy

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850944
07/11/15 04:29 PM
07/11/15 04:29 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
PB, Who proposed greg? I think he was he made by Castellano but I could be wrong. And lastly, was it Greg who proposed Craig?

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Beanshooter] #850945
07/11/15 04:38 PM
07/11/15 04:38 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
PB, Who proposed greg?

Tony Baker.

I think he was he made by Castellano but I could be wrong.

You're correct.

And lastly, was it Greg who proposed Craig?

No, that would be against protocol. Braciole proposed him as a peace offering because his nephew shot Craig back in the late '80s. It was all over stupidity, but that's all I'll post about it.

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Skinny] #850946
07/11/15 04:40 PM
07/11/15 04:40 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: Skinny
I had a pitcher of dos aquis for lunch so that probably isn't helping lol.

Stay thirsty, my friend.

Well, I'll try a pitcher of Dos Equis and see if it helps.

I'll email you later, kid wink smile.

Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Serpiente] #850959
07/11/15 05:20 PM
07/11/15 05:20 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Of course, this stuff about the Genovese guys isn't exactly breaking news. Law enforcement has said for years that, generally speaking, they are the wealthiest family but also the least likely to flash their money. One LE guy said "You'll see Genovese members driving Buicks rather than Cadillacs." One article from the 1990s said they are known as the "worst dressed family." It just shows a general philosophy these guys have.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: "Quiet Dom " [Re: Skinny] #850964
07/11/15 05:48 PM
07/11/15 05:48 PM
Serpiente Offline OP
Underboss
Serpiente  Offline OP
Underboss
I will say that ernies house is a lot smaller than i wouldve thought compared to a guy like barney or dannys. if you want to see a westside guy with a lot of flash go look at allies house on the hill in si. or ninnys house on the shore, looks like a castle... Carmine sciandra lives pretty close to allie in si, drives a maserati... Then again at least its not a rolls like ally persico or lobardozzi had back in the day. Cali's got a fucking mansion on the hill too now that i think about it. there was some asshole on ave x in Brooklyn that had a bentley... cant think of the guy, you could see it outside that shack that passed itself off as a cafe on McDonald ave too. maybe craig marino??? fuck my memory is going, I had a pitcher of dos aquis for lunch so that probably isn't helping lol.

Not just Allie there were 4 RR on the property till last year one had to be from the 30's the others you all seen in the city,there still around and kept right and many more ,someone has a Aston up there...

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull